Park-hopping Halloweentime Honeymoon: An October 2013 PTR

Ohana is one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW!!! We are eating there again on our upcoming trip.

I absolutely LOVE Sorcerer Mickey!!! I had forgotten that he meets in Hollywood Studios! I may have to make time for that on this trip!

Ack I'm sorry for not responding! I missed your post!

Good to hear about 'Ohana! I've been there for breakfast a couple times but no dinner. I'm looking forward to it!

Me too on Sorcerer Mickey! His outfit is just too fabulous. Back in my 2004 trip the only thing I went in knowing I *needed* to buy was a Sorcerer Mickey plush. :)

Less than a week!:cool1:

OMG! And we leave for Phoenix tomorrow to prepare for the wedding! And the wedding is on Saturday! :faint: I might be freaking out a little.

And since we leave tomorrow I have to try and finish this whole day-by-day thing I've been doing on this PTR right now!!

Saturday is our day for running all over the place!

First it's off to Animal Kingdom at rope drop to ride Expedition Everest and Dinosaur a couple more times. :thumbsup2

Then to Blizzard Beach's Winter Summerland to play some miniature golf! It's kind of a tradition we have on vacation. We used to keep a running tally of who was leading in games won, but we've forgotten now.

After that we're having lunch at Sanaa in Kidani Village. I am so looking forward to this! And I just found out earlier today that it's one of the restaurants that gives 10% off for Disney Visa. :thumbsup2 I also want to swing by AKL to get some Zebra Domes to try!

Then jaunting over to Downtown Disney to use our free vouchers for DisneyQuest.

Catch the first bus or boat out to a resort and then bus over to Magic Kingdom.

I have FP+ scheduled for Big Thunder, Splash, and Space so we can make the day a QUADRUPLE Mountain Whammy (with Everest), not just a Triple. :lmao:

If we don't make it there in enough time for our FP+, no biggie, since the park is open until 1am!

AND we have reservations for another thing I am BEYOND hyped for...the Wishes Dessert Party!!! Delicious desserts and my favorite fireworks that make me weep with joy? :sad: :cloud9: Yes please!

On Sunday it'll be back to Epcot to finish up the park!

In Future World: Test Track, I want to try Sum of All Thrills, Ellen's Energy Adventure

In World Showcase: Impressions de France, Voices of Liberty, and The American Adventure...and more Food & Wine sampling, of course

And I want to try an American Dream from Fife & Drum Tavern! It looks so refreshing and delicious.

Then we'll take the boat to Hollywood Studios, because despite what I said early on in this PTR...we're going to see FANTASMIC! :love::smickey:

But first we have FP+ for Toy Story Mania, 3-4pm.

Early dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at 4:15.

Probably ride Star Tours before Tower of Terror FP+ 5:50-6:50pm.

Then head over to the VIP entrance to Fantasmic because FP+ has made it possible for us not to stand in the huge crush of people waiting to get in the theater!!! THIS right here is the main reason I am thankful we ended up as FP+ testers. I don't have to miss my beloved Fantasmic! :lovestruc

If we're still feeling up to park touring afterwards, we can hop to Magic Kingdom again because the park is open until 3am!! :banana:

:sad1: I am already sad to leave and I'm not even there yet! Jared keeps telling me I don't seem excited...I'm just dreading the PDD - Post Disney Depression!

I rescheduled our Kona breakfast ADR for 11:00 on this day since we may be out quite late. And let's face it, Jared is probably going to want to strangle me for making him get up early so many days of this trip!

So after the Poly we're heading back to MK! I know, you're shocked. :lmao:

Not very structured here, this being our last full day. I want to meet some characters (probably Storybook Circus gang, and definitely Rapunzel!). And ride Dumbo. :dumbo:

Gotta stop for a Dole Whip!

We'll revisit our faves, then head over to Epcot for little more Food & Wine Festival and Illuminations. I figure Illuminations will be a good way to close out our last night.

We don't fly out the next day until 4:45pm, so I'm hoping we'll have some time in the morning to go back to a park or go to DTD again. And then it's all over but the cryin' on the flight home. :sad:

Here's some pictures of the castle to cheer us all up:

And bonus carriage photo. :goodvibes

Since I'm finished breaking down our day-to-day, I figured I'd show anyone interested what I've been using to plan.

First I wrote all the details out on a legal pad, crossing things out, drawing arrows of where to put things in the schedule, etc.

Then I copied to my adorable Disney Pookalooz notebook that I've been saving until I could plan a Disney vacation!

So cute, right? I am amazed Pookalooz didn't catch on better.

Aside from the itinerary, I wrote out character locations, park hours, and made an outline of park attractions & shows. I highlighted my must-dos and made note of attractions that have FP and those that are open during EMH.

The notebook will be coming with us, but I don't plan on taking it into the parks.

What WILL be coming is this great file folder I found for a measly $1 at Target.

It's just the right size to hold a sheet of paper folded in half, and has 12 tabs in it. Right now I have our Disney packet with vouchers, itinerary and ADRs printed from MDE, park maps, our flight info and boarding passes, and Disney gift cards in there. I don't plan to leave all these in for park touring, but it's a great thing to keep everything organized until we get there, and then I can just leave in what I need for the day when we're there.

Also in the folder are the pocket sized cheat sheets I made for our daily itineraries. I also made notes on them about snacks and Food & Wine items I'd like to try. I cut large index cards in half and covered them in clear tear-by-hand tape so they won't get damaged if I keep them in my wallet or pocket.

As you can see by this picture, I have trouble spelling "tomorrow" sometimes... :rolleyes:

I get kind of crazy detail oriented sometimes, especially when it's DISNEY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter