Park-hopping Halloweentime Honeymoon: An October 2013 PTR

I thought I'd share with you all...I just got a Dole Whip today at the Indiana State Fair! :yay:

Of course it's not as special as eating it in Magic Kingdom, but I was very excited to find it nonetheless!

Some other pics from today:

Elephant ear!!

And last, this short video of me on the drop ride, all by myself with no other passengers. If you listen very closely you can hear me scream bloody murder right at the drop. :rotfl:
"Mega Drop"

Unfortunately this year's fair visit, coupled with my feelings after last year's visit, have made me realize that I am not the thrill ride junkie I once was. After riding multiple carnival spin-type rides today I was not feeling at all well! :sick: I'm sure Disney rides will be fine though...rough and rickety carnival rides are in a different category. No magic, you know. pixiedust:

It was very humid outside, we got rained on a couple times, and I managed to get sunburned despite the clouds due to less than careful sunscreen application. But we still had a fun day! Fried food, animals, sights, sounds, and the smell of the food stands, plus a few rides thrown in for good measure. We are homebodies for the most part but I am trying to get out and do things on a more regular basis. :thumbsup2

I'm not entirely sure from where or how I stumbled on your PTR. I guess that's what happens when you start reading and then leave the thread up on the computer so you can come back and finish later. :rolleyes1 :confused3

Anyway, it looks like some of our trip dates overlap. I will be in the World from Oct. 6-11. Mine too is a couples only trip...just my boyfriend and I. I might have some hopes and wishes that the trip includes a proposal :rolleyes1 but we shall have to wait and see. My dream is to also have a Disneymoon one day!

I love your plans so far and when I have time to go back I will comment on some of your must do's in each park. I will mention (as it was in the last post I read and it's fresh in my head) that while I have never done a tour, I too have one planned for our trip. We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour and I am super excited. I haven't read much about the Marceline to magic tour, but I have never come across a bad review of a tour.

HAPPY PLANNING!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading! From what I have read it seems like the Marceline tour is kind of an abbreviated KttK tour...they talk about Main Street USA, you ride a few rides and discuss different aspects of them, and I believe it may include a behind-the-scenes view of one attraction. It's pretty inexpensive, I feel I can justify the cost since we just saved a little on our hotel room.

I will cross my fingers for you for your proposal hopes! ::yes:: That would be amazing to get engaged at WDW! Where are you two staying?

Love your list of the must-do's!! I need to do something similar!

Where was the pic of Jiminy Cricket taken? Animal Kingdom? I LOVE him!

Thanks for joining in! Jiminy Cricket was at Rafiki's Planet Watch in AK. Unfortunately he doesn't meet on a regular basis anywhere now. :sad1:

I'm so excited for Disney food!!! popcorn::

Thanks to Party Through the Parks & Disney Food Blog I've come up with quite a list of snacks and drinks I simply have to have over our 10 days. These are the dangers of becoming more knowledgeable about Disney World...you realize how many things you haven't tried yet!

There are a few things I've had before that are tried-and-true, and I know I'll have them again: Mickey ice cream sandwich (I like this better than the Mickey bar, so sue me! :p), turkey leg, and Dole Whip.

But mostly it's new things! I haven't added anything from Epcot to the snack list because I know we'll have so many F&W bites to try...

Disney popcorn
Citrus Swirl from Sunshine Tree Terrace
Cinnamon roll from Gaston's
White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake from Kusafiri
Butterfinger Cupcake from Starring Rolls
Carrot Cake Cookie from Writer's Stop
Zebra Domes from AKL
Salted Caramel Ganache from Boardwalk Bakery
Peanut Butter, Banana, & Candied Bacon Pie from Boardwalk Bakery

Talk about a sugar rush...so many sweet treats! :scared:

And then there are the drinks:

Tipsy Ducks in Love from the China Tea Stand
American Dream from Fife & Drum
LeFou's Brew from Gaston's
Triple Yeti Blast from Upcountry
PB&J Milkshake from 50's Prime Time
Lapu Lapu from Poly
Pina Colava by the pool

I've never really focused on the food outside of table service before. I remember eating a turkey leg last time, and stopping at Flame Tree BBQ, but I honestly can't remember anything else I ate. For someone that loves food as much as I do, that seems almost blasphemous! I'll definitely be taking food pics this time!

The counter service spots I'd like to try this time (outside of those mentioned in my snack list) are Earl of Sandwich, Flame Tree BBQ, Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbour House, and Be Our Guest. The rest of our meals will be table service, ASMu food court, or Food & Wine Fest offerings!

Our countdown is at 49 days till Disney, and 48 until the wedding! I am mailing our wedding invitations tomorrow!

I sure know how to wait until the last minute to do things!

I got to thinking about the food court closure at All Star Sports and how that will affect the food and bus service at All Star Music. I don't intend on eating at the hotel more than a couple times, but I still didn't really want to take a chance.

I realized yesterday that we were at 46 days, and I didn't want to be charged any change fees! So I emailed our travel agent last night and asked her to switch us to Pop Century!! :hippie:

It costs a little bit more, which almost negates the room discount I received at Music, but a little piece of mind was worth it to me. It was about $80 total to change.

Jared and I discussed room requests, and we decided we don't much care about which floor/view we have. So with his blessing I've requested the 50's section & close to transportation! My second choice is 60's, so we'll see what happens when we get there!

This also means I can easily walk to Art of Animation to take pictures!! So excited! OMG and I can get a King Cupcake!! :banana:

Look what came today!!!

Since we switched to Pop we are now part of the MagicBand test. I was a little apprehensive about FastPass+ at first, and I will withhold judgement until after they roll it out and do away with original FastPass...but for now, for this trip, I'm excited to use it.

I was already obsessively over-planning. This actually makes it somewhat less nerve-wracking for me to have FP scheduled in advance.

The big cons of course are being limited to 3 attractions, no repeats, and at only one park a day.

I'll be sharing my daily plans in the days to come. Less than a month to go. I am stressed out about the wedding, but not about Disney! :D

Yay for Mickey Mail & getting your magic bands. I'm sad we aren't part of the test but I'm sure on one of our upcoming trips we'll finally get them.

Yay for Mickey Mail & getting your magic bands. I'm sad we aren't part of the test but I'm sure on one of our upcoming trips we'll finally get them.

I know, yay!! :hyper: I didn't even think about this perk when we changed resorts, it makes me even more glad we did! We'll see how the whole new system pans out in the end once they do away with all the old tech...

How exciting! Ready to read more!:thumbsup2

Hiya! Thanks for following along! :wave2:

I'll try to supplement these with previous trip pics so as not to bore (waltz...) you into a stupor. (Can you tell I just watched Princess and the Frog again? Lottie might be my favorite part of that movie! princess: *ahem* Moving on...) My OCD park plans to follow this somewhat dry travel day plan!

We're arriving at MCO around 5pm on Sunday via...

and hopping aboard...

to get to Pop Century! I am so excited to get to walk around Pop and Art of Animation! And eat at their food courts! (Surf & Surf burger! Pesto bread! King cupcake! More exclamation points!) And get delicious beverages at the pool bar! :drinking1 :goodvibes

We won't be hitting a park since we're getting in late in the day, so we'll be going to Downtown Disney! We didn't do DTD last trip, so I haven't been there in almost 10 years! :faint:

I have a reservation for us at Planet Hollywood for 9 pm, but I'm thinking more and more that it will just be better to stop at Earl of Sandwich. I want to have time to shop! Definitely after some merchandise this time around...I think last trip I got a keychain, 2 shirts, and 2 plushes. Which of course seemed like plenty at the time but when I only go to Disney every 4-5 years I think I'm going to need a little more to tide me over. :bitelip:

I am swooning over the Haunted Mansion and Tiki Room merch, and I want to check out Tren-D and the Beautifully Disney makeup line. Must remember to buy more discounted Disney gift cards before we leave...

I'm not quite sold yet on Photopass+, but if I decide to buy it we'll be able to pick it up at DTD. No extra stops in the park. :thumbsup2

Real life whine: It looks like I'll be wearing a wrist splint for our trip. Inconvenient... :crazy2: Went to the hand surgeon today and got a steroid injection and a strong recommendation to keep my wrist immobilized as much as possible. Apparently my ligaments are stretched out. So, yay. :rolleyes2

Moving onto more exciting and magical things... pixiedust:

Park Day 1!

We'll be heading off bright and early for park opening at...

EPCOT!

It'll be a little weird for us to hit something other than Magic Kingdom first, but Epcot is Jared's fave and it happens to be the most recommended park by Josh at EasyWDW, so off we shall go!

My plan is to focus on Future World West upon arrival, then head to World Showcase once it opens at 11 for some Food & Wine deliciousness!

So it's a beeline to...

SOARIN'!

Then to keep with tradition from our last trip, swing by to meet...

Chip 'n' Dale!

I love the 'munks. They were our first character meet last time. They should come out at 9:30, so if Epcot tends to open a little early as usual, plenty of time to hit Soarin' then be some of first in their line, hopefully!

Then we're off to...

The Seas!

We went on the Nemo ride last time and don't really have any interest in repeating it, but I do want to see Turtle Talk with Crush and look around the aquariums.

And off we go across the way to rope drop World Showcase at 11am, and meet...

Mulan! (but no Mushu anymore, sadly :sad1:)

She's Jared's favorite "princess", and her movie ranks way up there on our list of Disney faves.

We could watch Reflections of China while we're there, we missed that one last time!

Then the early afternoon will just be meandering through pavilions and munching on wonderful Food & Wine offerings!

Before we hop to another park, maybe we'll swing by...

Club Cool!

I think I tried every flavor last time, including Beverly, which honestly I didn't think was as terrible as everyone makes it out to be! But I'll try it again to be sure!

I plan on taking advantage of the Disney Visa character meet every Epcot visit if at all possible (because who doesn't like free photo prints?!), so we'll hit that up too before we depart!

Day 1 to be continued... :wave2:

After our day at Epcot, we'll be spending our evening at...

Magic Kingdom!!! :cloud9: My happy place!

Hopefully we'll get there with time to see the last showing of Dream Along with Mickey and Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! I haven't seen either of these before and I'm ready to get down and boogie with some characters! :dancer:

I have our FastPass+ selections for the day scheduled at MK.

First up is...

Splash Mountain!!!

This might be my #1 favorite ride in all of the World. If not, then it's tied with Tower of Terror. The theming on both is stellar, and I love drop rides. :lovestruc

So we have that scheduled FP+ for 6-7pm.

For FP+ 7-8pm we have...

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

I'm so bad at this. SO BAD.

We may have some time to kill in between FP+ windows so we can hit some other Tomorrowland attractions.

Planning on grabbing some snacks (including hopefully a turkey leg if the Tomorrowland cart is open!) and snagging a spot to watch another first for us:

Main Street Electrical Parade!!

I remember listening to the soundtrack from this parade as a kid on one of my many Disney CDs...it'll be great to actually see it! I do mourn Spectromagic though. :(

Let's pause for a moment of silence.

RIP Spectromagic :sad:

After MSEP, we'll be well into our 8-9PM FP+ window for...

Space Mountain!

Then we'll finish up Tomorrowland (I *really* hope we can be riding Astro Orbiter during Wishes...that would be so amazing!) and head over to Fantasyland for evening Extra Magic Hours!

And wonderful news, because within the past couple days, the October park hours have been extended! MK is open until 11 this night, and EMH 'til 1am! So excited! :banana:

Fantasyland during evening EMH is so fabulous!

Stay tuned for day 2! :wave2:

Our second park day will be at

Hollywood Studios

...or as Jared calls it "Boringwood Studios". :rotfl2: I can easily spend all day there, but I tend to agree it's the weakest park.

(Does anyone else still feel like the Earful Tower is the "park icon"? The sorcerer's hat is pretty and all, but it just doesn't fit the feel of the park!)

First up of course is

Toy Story Mania

After that first ride or two, I have a burning desire to meet Phineas and Ferb! They start greeting at 9:30.

Then Sorcerer Mickey at 10:00!

Sorcerer Mickey is my favorite Mickey :p

Maybe a round of drawing at Animation Academy and my must-try Butterfinger Cupcake for breakfast! Nom nom nom...

By then our FP+ for Rock'n'Roller Coaster should be up: 11am-12pm. (Or I should say *my* FP+ since Jared won't ride this. I'll probably just grab his band and ride again.)

FP+ 12-1pm is for my precious Tower of Terror! (All by my lonesome again on this one.)

I made a reservation for 1:30pm at

50s Prime Time Cafe!

I don't think I'll eat a full lunch here simply because of our big dinner plans. But I really want to try the PB&J milkshake and the herb cheese appetizer, so rather than taking a chance at the bar I figured I'd just make an ADR.

We have another FP+ for Toy Story Mania 3:30-4:30pm.

Other than that I want to do Star Tours, Muppet*Vision, Voyage of the Little Mermaid...

...Great Movie Ride, Beauty and the Beast, and One Man's Dream.

The park closes at 6pm. Once we get done with all the attractions we want to see, we'll be going back to Pop to change and freshen up for dinner at...

'Ohana!!

We've been to breakfast here, but never dinner! I hope we catch them on a good night; reviews seem to be somewhat hit or miss.

I would like to watch Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant from the Polynesian beach with a Lapu Lapu in hand before our 9:35pm ADR.

Apologies for any typos on this one, I am falling asleep on the keyboard but wanted to get a post done! :faint:

Ohana is one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW!!! We are eating there again on our upcoming trip.

I absolutely LOVE Sorcerer Mickey!!! I had forgotten that he meets in Hollywood Studios! I may have to make time for that on this trip!

On Wednesday we'll be going to

Animal Kingdom!!!

I know some people are down on AK but I really love it!

Now that they're not doing traditional rope drop there and opening a bit early, I want to get there and head straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris then cut over to

Expedition Everest! :hyper:

Want to get in a ride or two before the line grows!

I love Everest so much! I have no idea how many times I rode it last time. Every time we walked by I jumped in the single rider line since there was no wait. Jared has told me he's going to ride it with me this time!

Then it'll be Dinoland for Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur!

We have FP+ for Expedition Everest 10-11am, and another for Kali at 11-12.

Hopefully we'll be able to catch the first Flights of Wonder show.

Not sure where to eat lunch...probably either Flame Tree BBQ or Yak & Yeti counter service.

Walking trails to see the animals after lunch, maybe grab a frozen margarita along the way from Upcountry! :drinking1

Another FP+ reservation for Kilimanjaro Safaris 2-3PM, if we have time before that we could hit up Rafiki's Planet Watch. Love the petting zoo. :lovestruc

I want to see Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo the Musical so we should be able to catch the last couple shows of the day, and fit in It's Tough to Be A Bug somewhere.

Then we'll hop over to Epcot!

Get some more yummies from Food & Wine Fest. Ride some Gran Fiesta Tour & Maelstrom!

There's evening EMH until 11pm at Epcot, and I'd like to get in Captain EO, Spaceship Earth, and Mission Space before we call it a night!

First off let me just say...

10 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!! :banana::banana::banana:

On Thursday we plan on hanging by the pool at Pop, and hopefully walking around Pop and Art of Animation to take some pictures.

We'll head over to Magic Kingdom at 4 for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! We're going as Merlin and Madam Mim...costumes are all ready! I am so excited about the party but there are so many things I'd love to do, I am trying to narrow it down!

Here's what I definitely want to do:

-Boo-to-You Parade
-Celebrate the Magic
-Happy HalloWishes
-Villains' Mix & Mingle
-Eat a Spiced Pumpkin Waffle Sundae
-Trick or Treat!
-Haunted Mansion

Meet:

-Maleficent :maleficen
-Queen Grimhilde
-Cruella DeVil
-Queen of Hearts
-Lotso
-Jafar
-Mickey & Minnie (if they're still meeting together...rumor is they won't be by then) ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo
-7 Dwarfs
-Pooh & Friends pooh::tigger::eeyore:

Think we can fit it all in?! Might have to do a second party... :rotfl:

On Friday we're going to sleep in a bit, since we'll be out late at MNSSHP the night before.

Hopefully will make it to Magic Kingdom around 11:30 and hang out on Main Street for a little bit so we can catch the Dapper Dans and Trolley Show.

I haven't had a chance to catch either of these acts before, and I have a great love of singing and production numbers, so I definitely want to! (I was a musical theater and choir nerd in high school...the love lives on!)

Then we have FP+ scheduled 12-1pm for...

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!!

Hopefully we can catch a Country Bear Jamboree show on the way up to our next FP+ reservation 1-2pm...

Haunted Mansion! :hmghost:

I managed to snag us an FP+ reservation at Be Our Guest for lunch. I am SO excited for this. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite movies ever...Belle was the princess I most identified with as a kid. It will be so amazing to eat in the castle!

Then we'll head back around to Adventureland for another attraction or two...

...before catching the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade!

Then finish up Liberty Square with the Riverboat and Hall of Presidents (naptime for me maybe!).

Naveen starts meeting with Tiana at 5pm, we'll probably swing by there.

Finish out Adventureland by riding Jungle Cruise...

and maybe walking through the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse before using our last FP+ for the day at Splash Mountain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter