...pardon my dust...work in progress :) I'm trying to learn about door signs/tshirts

I will do that. And if anyone wants one without /words, or just the staircase where you can place your Char. I would be more then happy to provide it. This was My first printshop project. :cool1:

ulittletinker said:
I will do that. And if anyone wants one without /words, or just the staircase where you can place your Char. I would be more then happy to provide it. This was My first printshop project. :cool1:

Awesome! I'm prepping for our cruise so I'll DEFINATELY keep your offer in mind. Thanks!

i noticed that jan&theboys used many different backgrounds in her door sign. where did you find these? we will be sailing on the magic on 7/29 and am trying to get creative and make one for the family. thanks for the help. :banana:

Newbie here again..... thanks so much for this thread you have here....

I've downloaded some images (from google images) for my door signs... How **do** you guys get the wording to go over the image without messing up the image? I have a kool-aid budget here, so I am hoping I don't have to go buy new software to do this....

Anyone have any hints (step by step hand holding hints would be awesome...) notice how many posts I have and you'll understand why I say this... : :sad2:

triptaker

do you have print shop? let me know and I will write a step by step on how to remove text, and add different with color. and it not clear Let me know we can over it by phone. You see I have just figured out who to use print shop, of course with the help of my husband. :cool1:
triptaker said:

I've downloaded some images (from google images) for my door signs... How **do** you guys get the wording to go over the image without messing up the image? I have a kool-aid budget here, so I am hoping I don't have to go buy new software to do this....

Anyone have any hints (step by step hand holding hints would be awesome...) notice how many posts I have and you'll understand why I say this... : :sad2:

triptaker

I did all my door signs on Word (all 149 of them) - using Google.com's clipart.

To make the text and picture occupy the same space, right click on the picture (or image), then point to "Order" and you will see a short list of choices - choose one of those, probably "send to back" or "bring to front". Be careful because after you do that (especially if you "send it to back", you may not be able to grab it again to make any further changes (or move the picture).

Leaving for my cruise at 5:00 a.m. tomorrow! Yippee!

triptaker said:

triptaker

I use "The Print Shop" for Macintosh, but it is possible to use Word. Just see what happens using the images you have and maybe change the background and or fonts and sizes. Good luck.

have fun, we will be leaving next week. :cool1: :banana: :cool1:
pepsiontherocks said:
I did all my door signs on Word (all 149 of them) - using Google.com's clipart.

To make the text and picture occupy the same space, right click on the picture (or image), then point to "Order" and you will see a short list of choices - choose one of those, probably "send to back" or "bring to front". Be careful because after you do that (especially if you "send it to back", you may not be able to grab it again to make any further changes (or move the picture).

Leaving for my cruise at 5:00 a.m. tomorrow! Yippee!

I am having trouble downloading clip art so that it isn't blurry. I have AOL and have changed my browser settings to never compress graphics as someone suggested but they are still blurry. I am saving them as either .jpg or .bmp as that is what Print Shop uses. Any suggestions on what I need to do? Thanks!

Donna

Loved the thread! ulittletinker- I love the pirate sign you made! I may try to do one similar to it for our Nov. Cruise (or maybe make one like it into T-shirt iron on transfers for my DH and oldest DS for pirate night deck party).

Hey --

I wouldn't worry so much about them. I spent sooooooooo much time making them for my family and some friends. I made them match the specific family for different reasons, one was dalmations, another Beauty & the Beast, etc.

For the amount of time and $ I spent, nobody really seemed to appreciate it or really care about having them.

Besides, I didn't see anyone else outside of our party with them. It is obviously just a disboards thing and all your other shipmates dont even know anything about it.

So IMO I would bother doing it again!! Deb

I would be happy to send you both copies that I have. I have not send an attachmant on pm before so it may take me a bit of time..
Vanvmom said:
Loved the thread! ulittletinker- I love the pirate sign you made! I may try to do one similar to it for our Nov. Cruise (or maybe make one like it into T-shirt iron on transfers for my DH and oldest DS for pirate night deck party).

Hi All,

I need help! I planned on making a door sign for our up coming cruise (5/06-Magic) and because I have waited until the last minute :hourglass have found myself in a pickle. On Saturday I fell stepping off a curb (no, :drinking1 I was not drinking just clumsy and wearing wrong shoes :faint: I broke my elbow my right elbow of course! The news from the orthopedist is encouraging, doesn’t look like I will need surgery or a cast just the sling for a few weeks and lots of pain medication. My pickle is I am having trouble working on the computer with just my left hand.(this post took me forever to type) Was hoping that some kind DIS’er would help me out with the design.

:thanks:
Learning to be a lefty :goofy:

I have a few. what are you looking for. I have a formal, pirate of cara, Castaway cay, . Do you want your Last name, let me know today,
POTC3.jpg

The20Manors20Grand20Staircase04.jpg

6268L.jpg

Another Idea , go to home depot and pick up disney paint chips of mickeys head. walmart has roll of magnet tape you can also use.

let me know :cool1: :cool1:

Hey Ulittletinker,

Thanks for the offer I would love the formal night with Mickey and Minnie. Would it possible to add a princess in the middle? Our formal night is 05/11/2006- :eek: almost gave to the wrong year as that also happens to be my birthday!

Thanks
Lefty

hey lefty
were leaving tonight for FL .Im taking my laptop with. When I get to the hotel, I'll put it together. I do have cinderella and prince, I'll try and put them in front, Ill send to see if you like.
:cool1: sorry spelling bad , in a hurry. :cool1:

Newbie here (confused newbie at that! :confused3 )...I was wondering if ulittletinker could help me out with some step by step guidlines to using printshop once you already have clip art/backgrounds u like. I REALLY want to make a sign for my May 07 11 night Med cruise but am not very computer savvy! Thank you so much in advance!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter