Parasailing on Castaway Cay - Shot with Canon D10 - May 29 10:30 am

ehagerty

DIS Veteran
I am making up narrative to accompany these pictures, which were shot by DS19, using the Canon D10. Once posted, he may be able to provide more commentary....

This tour is very convenient - you walk off the ship, a short way down the pier, and board a boat. There were two tours on May 29 at 10:30 (for those who might be able to find themselves in the pictures).

Minor correction here - DS19 took this picture because his boat broke down and they were transferring people from one boat to another. He says that this is the closest balance (in synch) between boats that they could get!!

p605708410-3.jpg

You take a short ride - one boat stays on the beach side, the other goes around the Magic and uses the space on the "other" side (where your can see a construction crane doing something - forgot to ask what - presume it has to do with the new requirements for the Dream / Fantasy). While in transit, you can get cool, one-of-a-kind shots that you cannot get from any other vantage:

p919519673-4.jpg

Parasailors are launched, and retrieved, from the boat. No getting wet, if you don't want to. You are offered the option to get a little "dunked" on your way back into the boat - toes, legs, not sure what the third option was. I left the crew members' arm on the left so that you have some sense of perspective:

p878920329-3.jpg

and here is someone getting "dipped"

p901495426-4.jpg

This is the view, from the boat, of another parasailor. You can see the Magic in the lower left corner (for scale / perspective):

p996748206-3.jpg

Another view:

p876545759-4.jpg

p833894690-3.jpg

Perspective from the air - check out the fuzzy - I mean, FUNNY legs!!

p957537455-4.jpg

More opportunities to get unique photos:

p970489068-4.jpg

This looks like "maximum height", based on the taut-ness of the rope:

Another clarification from DS19 - no, this is most definitely not "max height". The shot with his face in it below IS max height.

p926666068-4.jpg

This contains a little of everything - the ship, the height, the weather, the apparatus, the person:

p1017415635-4.jpg

Miscellaneous unique shots:

Magic, from the water, from the front:

p988775626-3.jpg

The Magic

p999144075-4.jpg

The Magic, looking like it is trying to pull away from the dock (like a horse...)

p735414325-4.jpg

Thanks for the great pics. I've been watching the reviews on the Canon D10 as I'd like to get one before our Nov cruise.

Wow, great pictures! In some of those pics it looks like you can see clear down to the bottom of the ocean floor...Any idea how deep it was at that point? The pic of the Magic by itself side view is worth enlarging and framing...if it was mine I would have the perfect spot for it! Here's an idea...it you participate in the fish extender gift exchange you should make your own magnets using some of this pictures. What a great gift that would make! Thanks for sharing...more pics please.

Maybe that was your son I saw in the air while walking down to the adult beach. glad he got his parasailing in before it rained like the dickens

Wow, great pictures! In some of those pics it looks like you can see clear down to the bottom of the ocean floor...Any idea how deep it was at that point? The pic of the Magic by itself side view is worth enlarging and framing...if it was mine I would have the perfect spot for it! Here's an idea...it you participate in the fish extender gift exchange you should make your own magnets using some of this pictures. What a great gift that would make! Thanks for sharing...more pics please.

Interesting comment about the FE - I participated for the first time this May, and my "gifts" were pictures - or course, I didn't have these, but I had some others. I also made two business card magnets for each participant - one of the "Sunset at the Tojo Gate" from Epcot (below) and the other one was this:

p256802670-4.jpg

I will probably continue to make these for future FE's. Good idea!!!

Maybe that was your son I saw in the air while walking down to the adult beach. glad he got his parasailing in before it rained like the dickens

Could be. I listened to someone on the disboards who recommended scheduling parasailing for the morning to avoid possibility of afternoon rain. So, I did just that, even though DS19 is not a morning person. Good thing, too. We both know what it looked like shortly thereafter - like the apocalypse:

p343370303-4.jpg

It was so dramatic, I kept stopping to take pictures. DH kept urging me to avoid the impending rain. Ultimately, DH and I watched from the comfort of Parrot Cay (we got back aboard about 2 minutes before it started...) You have to read into the picture a little if you weren't there - but it was a deluge.

p196088788-3.jpg

Awesome pictures. I love parasailing :cloud9:

Parasailors are launched, and retrieved, from the boat. No getting wet, if you don't want to. You are offered the option to get a little "dunked" on your way back into the boat - toes, legs, not sure what the third option was. I left the crew members' arm on the left so that you have some sense of perspective:

I went parasailing on my cruise back in March, and one lady asked to get dunked in the water as far as she could. She got dunked up to her neck/chin.

Those shots are beautiful! The colors are very sharp and vivid. DH bought me a D10 for our upcoming trip. I hope our pictures turn out just as great. By any chance do you have some underwater shots you could post?

Thanks.

Those shots are beautiful! The colors are very sharp and vivid. DH bought me a D10 for our upcoming trip. I hope our pictures turn out just as great. By any chance do you have some underwater shots you could post?

Click on the linkbelow:

Click here for Canon D10 at Typhoon Lagoon

Typhoon Lagoon has sunshine helping to illuminate. That was about the last sun we saw for 2 weeks.

I have more, not yet posted, from Tortola scuba and Stomalong Bay (Beach Club). Until they are posted, here are a couple of silly, test shots, all taken under a completely cloudy sky:

Stormalong Bay

p519612279-3.jpg

p393279446-3.jpg

Tortola - again, no sun to help illuminate

p860720304-3.jpg

p563479836-3.jpg

p843842323-3.jpg

p808359086-3.jpg

Couple of D10 thoughts - although I did buy it for underwater, I also found it useful to take into conditions where I would not take my SLR - beach (sand), rain, parasailing (impact). I wanted to see the quality of pictures taken with it out of water, under those conditions, as well. I think the parasailing pictures answered that (for me).

I didn't realize that the manufacturer's specification related to depth had a limitation = 33 feet. The two scuba dives were both down to 60 feet. My son didn't want to be limited on the dive, so he didn't even take it to St Thomas dive - which had the color and variety of marine life that made him wish he had brought it. If we had known he wasn't taking it, we would have taken it on our St John snorkel excursion. Live and learn.

Awesome pictures. I love parasailing :cloud9:

I went parasailing on my cruise back in March, and one lady asked to get dunked in the water as far as she could. She got dunked up to her neck/chin.

But I am looking forward to it later this year - we'll have MORE PICTURES then!!

Thanks for the pictures. We're on the August Tortola sailing. I don't know if you need one, but my friend purchased a floating strap (Olympus) at Best Buy and threw her camera into her hot tub and it floated great. It's the same strap show on the Amazon site with the D10 but twice the price locally.

Great pics! I never brought my camera up with me when I parasailed at CC as I was afraid they'd dunk me and spoil the pics. :upsidedow

That's just another + point for buying the D10. :thumbsup2

I'm going to show DD these, because she'll be old enough to come up tandem with us next year and she can't wait to try parasailing! :cutie:

Wow, great pictures! In some of those pics it looks like you can see clear down to the bottom of the ocean floor...Any idea how deep it was at that point?

When we were parasailing, the two workers said that the ocean in the Bahamas never really gets deeper than 15 feet. I'm not sure how true this is, but you can definitely see the ocean floor while parasailing.

Thanks for posting those picture I was pretty sure I wanted to do this and now it is a definite must for me, interesting considering my small fear of heights lol

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting. I have been toying with buying this camera. I think you sold me!

Great Photos thanks for sharing

Those are some really great photos. I so want to go parasailing. Got to take a camera when I do! Thanks for sharing your great shots. I love taking pics.:thumbsup2

Here's a few of my favorite Disney shots.
IMG_2356-1.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

All I can say is, WOW! Your photos are gorgeous. We did parasailing a couple years ago and it was awesome, but your photos just reminded me of how cool it was. Maybe someday I will get to do it again.

Oh, and your fireworks pictures are awesome as well.

Thanks for posting!

All I can say is, WOW! Your photos are gorgeous. We did parasailing a couple years ago and it was awesome, but your photos just reminded me of how cool it was. Maybe someday I will get to do it again.

I see you are scheduled for the DVC DCL. I have already booked my OWN parasailing for one of our CC stops. This time, I will be taking D10 into the air myself. 10:00 am, Day #4. Join us! We'll take YOUR picture parasailing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter