• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paranoid im forgetting something...

Thanks everyone! You have reassured me that I have everything I need to board and if I forget some little thing no-biggie. Calling the bank was a good tip also I would have completely forgotten to do that. Can't wait till Tuesday!! :)

We cruise next week and I keep hearing about the travel documents. I feel like I'm missing some. I only have a page that has the PAT and our signatures. What other documents do I need?

We cruise next week and I keep hearing about the travel documents. I feel like I'm missing some. I only have a page that has the PAT and our signatures. What other documents do I need?

I thought the same thing, but that's all you usually need...other than your passport or ID.

:lmao: Good one!

Thanks everyone! You have reassured me that I have everything I need to board and if I forget some little thing no-biggie. Calling the bank was a good tip also I would have completely forgotten to do that. Can't wait till Tuesday!! :)
I seem to always forget the bank, until a day or two in to the trip. :blush:

And luggage tags.
If these are forgotten, keep in mind they have them at the port where you can fill them out. So no big deal.

Call credit card companies to let them know you will be out town/ out of country so they know and don't deny any charges.

And on the flip side of things - once you get home, look at everything that you didn't use when you overpacked thinking it would be like Gilligan's Island:rotfl2:
Then you know what you won't need to pack on your next cruise, trust me, cruising is addictive! I take less and less every year and still have things I don't use or need, clothes I don't wear, books I don't read etc. I will be booking cruise #25 soon although I use another cruise line instead of Disney, I save my Disney fix for visiting the parks :cool1:

Have a great first cruise, relax, listen to the tips you have been given in this thread and you will be fine :beach:

What, you aren't like "Lovie" Howell aka Mrs. Thurston J. Howell III who packed an extensive wardrobe for "a three-hour tour?"

What, you aren't like "Lovie" Howell aka Mrs. Thurston J. Howell III who packed an extensive wardrobe for "a three-hour tour?"

I was , thus the issue :lmao: now I consider myself Gilligan, one shirt, one pr of pants but I skip the hat :laughing: No, I do take more than than but not what I did 24 cruises ago, between baggage fees when flying and being older trying to deal with luggage until I pawn it off on porters, I find that less is better.

Call credit card companies to let them know you will be out town/ out of country so they know and don't deny any charges.

And disable your FB page from taking comments. You don't want someone writing, "Have a great cruise! See you in two weeks!" If they do, anyone who sees their comment will know your house is vacant and you couldn't get back anyway.

This is the 'Cruise Pack List' that I started using when DD was little, because I was afraid that I'd forget something important...not everything on here is essential, nor do I bring all of this every time. Just cross off what's packed or not needed. (Clothing is not on here...that's a different list.) ;)

o To Do: Hold mail/newspaper, Print door signs, Order gift bucket
o Shoe holder
o Ziplock bags
o Power strip
o First Aid: band aids, Neosporin, cold meds, allergy meds, tums, Tylenol, Advil, Pepto, Dramamine
o Toiletries: Contact solution, glasses, shampoo/conditioner, kid’s shampoo, shave gel/razor, body lotion/perfume, face lotion, hairspray, make-up, curling iron, hair dryer, deodorant, shower gel, eye-mkup remover, cotton pads, Q-tips, toothpaste/brushes/floss, hair elastics, headbands
o Lysol/air freshener
o Tide-to-Go & Shout Wipes
o Folders/manila envelopes
o Anti-bacterial Wipes
o Mesh Laundry Bag
o Photo Mat/Pillowcase & Sharpies
o Jewelry
o Purse
o Hi-liters
o Grace’s Travel Back-pack: Jacket, coloring books, crayons, Baby Doll, games (DS)
o Passports
o Cruise Docs
o Address label stickers
o Sunglasses
o Sunscreen
o Beach Bag
o Hats
o Book
o Cell phones/chargers
o Cameras/battery chargers
o Pin lanyard
o Snorkeling Gear
o Binoculars?

Hope it helps!

Great list! Copying for my cruise in November. I also read a small roll of duct tape is good to have. And to the OP-if you are doing FE, don't forget that!

We have our first cruise Tuesday out of Galveston but driving to Houston today (family there). I had ti pack early and feel flustered. Thanks for posting because I was about to do the same thing. I am so worried I forgot something. Have a great time!

Fiveisaparty said:
We have our first cruise Tuesday out of Galveston but driving to Houston today (family there). I had ti pack early and feel flustered. Thanks for posting because I was about to do the same thing. I am so worried I forgot something. Have a great time!

at bare minimum ... passports and credit cards should be able to get to anything and anywhere hahahaha!

And disable your FB page from taking comments. You don't want someone writing, "Have a great cruise! See you in two weeks!" If they do, anyone who sees their comment will know your house is vacant and you couldn't get back anyway.

How do you disable comments? Because I need to do that.

Unless you want to bring back a little extra something from the cruise, don't forget protection.

Enjoy your cruise!

Mike

Power Strip... hands down... DH would be so upset if we didn't have it!

If you wear glasses, I always bring my eyeglass case so they are safe at night in case the ship rocks. I'd hate to drop them and the accidentally step on them!

I also second ziplock baggies. great idea. You never know when you need a baggie.

You are going to love it! Order a mickey ice cream bar from room service...:)

If you aren't flying does it matter how many bags of luggage you have? Do they check them etc?

If you aren't flying does it matter how many bags of luggage you have? Do they check them etc?

You get 2 luggage tags PER PERSON(You use those if you no matter how you get there unless you are carrying everything on) , that is what they will handle. You can carry on as much as you want, but you have to keep it with you until your room is ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter