• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paranoid im forgetting something...

Ksmith1

Earning My Ears
Ok guys I need help! First time cruiser and we leave Tuesday 4/16. I am super paranoid I am forgetting something and it's driving me nuts! We didn't get passports so I have mine and DH and our kids BC and our drivers licenses and marriage license. I have the cruise contract page and documents. I have all our clothes and other things packed but I keep having this nagging feeling I'm forgetting something and were Gunna get to port and not be able to board. So anyway I need reassurance that I am not crazy haha

Ok guys I need help! First time cruiser and we leave Tuesday 4/16. I am super paranoid I am forgetting something and it's driving me nuts! We didn't get passports so I have mine and DH and our kids BC and our drivers licenses and marriage license. I have the cruise contract page and documents. I have all our clothes and other things packed but I keep having this nagging feeling I'm forgetting something and were Gunna get to port and not be able to board. So anyway I need reassurance that I am not crazy haha

In reality all you have to have is your IDs. Plus any medications that you may require. Anything else can be purchased, if necessary.

Relax, and have a great cruise.

I totally understand! I panic every time. As a matter of fact I know the cruise is getting close when I have "The Nightmare" - every cruise, without fail! In the nightmare I've forgotten something essential! :faint:

Anyway, it's never happened and any little thing can be done without or bought. So relax, and have fun! Go through your check list (physical or virtual), and relax and have a wonderful time!

Sunglasses! Could not live without them. Bathing suits, flip flops and coverup. Sunscreen, lots of it. Those are my most important things.

This is the 'Cruise Pack List' that I started using when DD was little, because I was afraid that I'd forget something important...not everything on here is essential, nor do I bring all of this every time. Just cross off what's packed or not needed. (Clothing is not on here...that's a different list.) ;)

o To Do: Hold mail/newspaper, Print door signs, Order gift bucket
o Shoe holder
o Ziplock bags
o Power strip
o First Aid: band aids, Neosporin, cold meds, allergy meds, tums, Tylenol, Advil, Pepto, Dramamine
o Toiletries: Contact solution, glasses, shampoo/conditioner, kid’s shampoo, shave gel/razor, body lotion/perfume, face lotion, hairspray, make-up, curling iron, hair dryer, deodorant, shower gel, eye-mkup remover, cotton pads, Q-tips, toothpaste/brushes/floss, hair elastics, headbands
o Lysol/air freshener
o Tide-to-Go & Shout Wipes
o Folders/manila envelopes
o Anti-bacterial Wipes
o Mesh Laundry Bag
o Photo Mat/Pillowcase & Sharpies
o Jewelry
o Purse
o Hi-liters
o Grace’s Travel Back-pack: Jacket, coloring books, crayons, Baby Doll, games (DS)
o Passports
o Cruise Docs
o Address label stickers
o Sunglasses
o Sunscreen
o Beach Bag
o Hats
o Book
o Cell phones/chargers
o Cameras/battery chargers
o Pin lanyard
o Snorkeling Gear
o Binoculars?

Hope it helps!

I am so impressed that you are already packing!! :) We are on the same cruise (it is also our first!). But I haven't even started packing yet. I agree with what PP said, if you have your essential documents everything else can be bought. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to bumping into you on the Magic :goodvibes

You won't need your marriage license. It's the matching birth dates on the DL and BC that are important.

The only time you would need your marriage license would be if the trip was booked under one last name and your DL has a different last name and the marriage license connects the two names. I.E. a honeymoon trip booked under your married name, DL still has maiden name.

I do 99 percent of the packing for any and all vacations. It's is, of course, because I am a control freak. I freely admit this!! LOL!!! That being said, we have a family game entitle, "What did Mom forget?" I always forget something, if I'm lucky it's only one thing.... I never fully relax until I remember/figure out what I have forgotten. Generally it's something small and relatively unimportant. Other times its medication...have done that twice at WDW. Good luck with your packing.

You won't need your marriage license. It's the matching birth dates on the DL and BC that are important.

The only time you would need your marriage license would be if the trip was booked under one last name and your DL has a different last name and the marriage license connects the two names. I.E. a honeymoon trip booked under your married name, DL still has maiden name.

They *could* be asked for the ML, to prove that the BC belonged to the same person that the DL belonged to. I actually WANT them to need it, because it weirds me out (as someone who did not change her name, nor did DH) that they do NOT require you to prove that it's you with the different last name compared to the BC.

I think it's a good thing to bring, even if you get lax customs people who don't ask for it.

This is the 'Cruise Pack List' that I started using when DD was little, because I was afraid that I'd forget something important...not everything on here is essential, nor do I bring all of this every time. Just cross off what's packed or not needed. (Clothing is not on here...that's a different list.) ;)

o To Do: Hold mail/newspaper, Print door signs, Order gift bucket
o Shoe holder
o Ziplock bags
o Power strip
o First Aid: band aids, Neosporin, cold meds, allergy meds, tums, Tylenol, Advil, Pepto, Dramamine
o Toiletries: Contact solution, glasses, shampoo/conditioner, kid’s shampoo, shave gel/razor, body lotion/perfume, face lotion, hairspray, make-up, curling iron, hair dryer, deodorant, shower gel, eye-mkup remover, cotton pads, Q-tips, toothpaste/brushes/floss, hair elastics, headbands
o Lysol/air freshener
o Tide-to-Go & Shout Wipes
o Folders/manila envelopes
o Anti-bacterial Wipes
o Mesh Laundry Bag
o Photo Mat/Pillowcase & Sharpies
o Jewelry
o Purse
o Hi-liters
o Grace’s Travel Back-pack: Jacket, coloring books, crayons, Baby Doll, games (DS)
o Passports
o Cruise Docs
o Address label stickers
o Sunglasses
o Sunscreen
o Beach Bag
o Hats
o Book
o Cell phones/chargers
o Cameras/battery chargers
o Pin lanyard
o Snorkeling Gear
o Binoculars?

Hope it helps!

Nice list:) what are the address labels for? I had my pre cruise nightmare last night..I was taking all kinds of lovely pictures and then realized the battery was not in the camera..oy.

Nice list:) what are the address labels for? I had my pre cruise nightmare last night..I was taking all kinds of lovely pictures and then realized the battery was not in the camera..oy.

The last night of the cruise you'll need to fill out luggage tags before your bags are picked up and taken to the ship terminal. it's faster to use address labels than to fill in all the blanks with a pen. To help sort the luggage and make it easier to find your bags among thousands of others, the tags have different Disney characters on them.

They *could* be asked for the ML, to prove that the BC belonged to the same person that the DL belonged to. I actually WANT them to need it, because it weirds me out (as someone who did not change her name, nor did DH) that they do NOT require you to prove that it's you with the different last name compared to the BC.

I think it's a good thing to bring, even if you get lax customs people who don't ask for it.

I agree. OP, bring the marriage license. My DW needed ours.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Don't forget your swimsuits.

Mike

One time I forgot my purse!! I had our passports in a separate container so I never realized until I got to the hotel before the airport. Called my mil who was staying at our house. She looked all over couldn't find it. She found it the next day when she moved my sons backpack. Somehow during the process of getting everything out to the car, it had fallen into the open backpack. She had to FedEx it to me at the hotel. What a nightmare and a cause for a sleepless night until it was found. Luckily it was only in one of two places. At home or at our business as those were the only places we stopped before getting to buffalo.

The address labels are to stick on those extra paper ID tags that they have at the airport for the luggage. Although I already have an ID on each bag, I always stick on one of the airlines paper ones as well. I used to get so annoyed trying to quickly write name/address/phone number on four of those tags, while at the same time, DH was asking for our IDs and DD was toddling around...the address labels are quick and easy. And if you meet some new friends on the cruise, it's an easy way to give them your address to keep in touch. :goodvibes

The address labels are to stick on those extra paper ID tags that they have at the airport for the luggage. Although I already have an ID on each bag, I always stick on one of the airlines paper ones as well. I used to get so annoyed trying to quickly write name/address/phone number on four of those tags, while at the same time, DH was asking for our IDs and DD was toddling around...the address labels are quick and easy. And if you meet some new friends on the cruise, it's an easy way to give them your address to keep in touch. :goodvibes

I really like the idea of address labels. Guess I just added another thing to my todo list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter