Parades - Will I Get Converted?

I love the parades, you need to see all of them at least once. After that, you can skip them, but the detail that is placed into each & every parade is not to be missed, Disney KNOWS how to do a parade !!! Don't forget about the Electric Water Parade that passes by the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, & the Wilderness Lodge nightly between 9-9:30 pm.

Since my son & I go once a year now, we may skip the parades that we have already seen from years past & check out something else, but you need to see each of them at least once in your lifetime !!! They are magnificent!! :santa::santa::santa:

DCP_1291.jpg

DCP_1296.jpg

Vacation2008132.jpg

Vacation2008133.jpg

The first couple of times we went the rest of the family did not want to do the parades :sad: Then I saw SpectroMagic and I fell in love with it :cloud9: I cannot get enough of that one :love: I bought the music CD and I am surprised it has not worn out yet :yay:

We're not parade people either. I don't like "wasting" my ride time holding a spot and everything - plus the lines are better during the parades! You should take a chance to see Spectromagic at least once, though.

I absolutely don't get the whole parade thing. It simply doesn't click that someone would spend all that time sitting on a curb for one, let alone those people who watch them on tv (weirdos! :duck: Kidding, Kidding! :rotfl: ). And we don't have kids, so just didn't see the need. So in 3 trips we didn't watch a single parade. I mean, we even chose going into the Hall of Presidents over the afternoon parade once. Then on our last trip we just simply wanted to sit down...and it just so happened that Spectromagic was shortly to begin, and we were lucky to get a pretty good spot on some stairs over in Frontierland.

And I have to admit, I ended up like this: :hyper: It sort of turned me into this four-year-old little girl again, saying things like, "Glowies! Sparklies! Oooh, OOOH! MICKEEYYYY!!!"

It really was something else. I'm so glad we saw it.

Now would I go find a seat an hour in advance to see Spectro again..no I wouldn't. Maybe if I had a first timer with me, and DEFINITELY if I had a child with me, but it is something I think everyone should see once to really experience the magic that Disney is capable of.

I will add that those parades have to be that good to help us recover from the completely dispirited way you feel about humanity after seeing the way people behave leading up to one. Just shocking how many people are either born without manners or totally lose their minds while on vacation :scared1:

This helps! Thanks muchly. We have our DD5 and will shoot to see Spectromagic on one of our 2 Mk days next month. A visit during the Halloween celebration looks fun, but we will be there in Feb.:yay:

It doesn't show every night so check the showtimes and guide while you are there

Our family never got real excited about the parades except that they drew crowds away from attractions and the lines were a bit shorter for us. Then we were in the wrong place at the right time and took in the Halloween Boo-To-You parade. From there, the parade music had to be purchased and then our daughter would dance around the house playing the parade music. It was really good and the music persists in your head.

Obviously lots of people love the parades. Those crowds are maddening to me. My DH and I are not parade lover. We did them when we were child-less and have seen 2 since having kids and honestly, we try to skip them to enjoy the rest of the park. They really aren't even close to an average parade. Think the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade w/ a Disney twist and no big balloons. That would help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter