Parades - Will I Get Converted?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by BBQMommy, Jan 14, 2010.

1. BBQMommy

BBQMommy DIS Veteran

Hello - have not been to the MK since the 90s and have never seen a Disney parade. On a normal day I go out of my way to avoid parades. I just don't enjoy them - kind of a crowd thing for me as well. Are these parades really that awesome? I'm really not a crumudgeon, trust me - doing the Pirates League dress up with my daughter pirate:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. oogieman8541

oogieman8541 VA Bucs/WDW fan

spectromagic is the best one at MK and it's at night otherwise they are not that good

4. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

SpectroMagic is the one to see, for sure!

5. yellownovawife

yellownovawife <font color=blue>Was Belle on the Global Girls Tea

The parades at WDW are really mopre like shows than parades. The ones at MK are definitely worth seeing - at least once.

6. DisneyFamily123

DisneyFamily123 Use the Force, Luke!

The Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party parade is incredible. I can see how the usual parades could be a bit boring, especially if you are not with children in tow.... but the halloween parade with the headless horseman followed by the magnificent fireworks display is a sight for all to see.... You can find videos on you tube but just doesn't do it justice like being there in person...

7. Mrs. Charming

Mrs. Charming I'm not your entertainment, get a life.

The only one we've actually sat for was the MNSSHP parade. I"m sure that will change as DD gets older... but for now, we use the parade times as ride times because sometimes the lines are shorter. :lmao:

8. BBQMommy

BBQMommy DIS Veteran

This helps! Thanks muchly. We have our DD5 and will shoot to see Spectromagic on one of our 2 Mk days next month. A visit during the Halloween celebration looks fun, but we will be there in Feb.:yay:

9. Nadjalu

Nadjalu DIS Veteran

I too am not a parade person. Don't really care for them or enjoy them.....but Spectromagic is different!
    I had fully intended not to do any parades while on my first trip but my niece INSISTED I do spectro so I did........WOW, I loved it.
    Infact I seen it 3 times that trip (5 days).

Then this trip we had so much to get in I let my DH talk me out of seeing it again......big mistake. It is the only thing I regret not doing. LOL :lmao:
    So spectro is a big must do for me. And I am not a parade person! :confused3

10. lpizzuro123

lpizzuro123 DIS Veteran

As most have stated Spectro is wonderful and a Not To Be Missed parade. The other parade we like is in the AK. Very upbeat music, lots of characters and alot of fun. We always stay in the AK to catch the parade there at least once a trip. We used to like the one in DHS also but not since they changed it.

Linda

11. familyS

familyS DIS Veteran

I have been to WDW 5 times. We still don't ever go out of our way or wait to see a parade. If one blocks our path from point A to point B, we will stop and watch.

Last trip we entered MK just as Spectro was going by the entrance (near the train). Nobody was in front of us, so we had a great view. Yes, we enjoyed it, but we didn't waste any park time staking out a spot.

12. ShannonMB

ShannonMB DIS Veteran

I never have considered myself a *parade person*, but on our first trip to Disney I felt I owed it to my DD to let her see them at all the parks. I was amazed that I enjoyed them almost as much as she did!!! That said, they have changed 2 of them since then (MK day parade and HS) and I don't like the new ones nearly as much.

If I were you, I'd definitely watch Spectromagic and perhaps Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade (I really like that one). You don't have to hit them all, but most of them are worth seeing at least once!

13. Heidijs

Heidijs DIS Veteran

I'm not a huge parade person. That's the last thing I'm worried about seeing at Disney. If we catch them we do...if not, I don't care...I figure being in the world for 7 days we should run into one somewhere, if not, oh well.

14. pilesoflaundry

pilesoflaundry <font color=green>it doesn't get scratched as ofte

I have always loved parades, maybe that's because as a little kid a local parade always fell on or near my birthday so I grew up seeing it and thought it was special.

My husband hates parades, I mean hates them! Not even a disney one can get him to enjoy it :rotfl:

So we watch for a minute for my sake and then move on and avoid the craziness for his.

15. Bearybear

Bearybear A firm believer in the unbelievable

My DS (5 at the time) didn't want to see any parades. Until we happened to catch the AK parade. It was all over after that, and we were all converted. They are not like a normal non-Disney parade. We didn't waste time staking out a spot, but we did enjoy them very much. DS still talks about the AK parade.

16. benolathe

benolathe Mouseketeer

During the parades is an excellent time for you to take advantage of shorter lines as the attractions. With so many people waiting on the parade route, that means fewer people in the lines. :)

17. selina4disney

selina4disney Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow!

SpectoMagic is awesome! Also love Jammin' Jungle at AK, these are the two we do not miss.

18. BBQMommy

BBQMommy DIS Veteran

Thank you all forcthe input! We have Spectromagic and the AK parade on our tentative schedules. :wizard:

19. MexiFinn

MexiFinn Mouseketeer

I'm a parade lover so I'd happily see the parades in every park. Since the party I travel with doesn't always want to see parades, we either split up or I can just skip it. My one demand each trip is to at least see one parade somewhere. Usually it will be the newest one.

Try one parade - you don't like it, then skip the rest. They say it is a good time to go on some of the longer lined rides during that time anyway. We tried that and the lines were still long though! :)

20. Iwant2BAprincess

Iwant2BAprincess DIS Veteran

My DH groaned when I mentioned the parades before our first trip with the kids because he can't stand parades, but Disney is different, you get swept up with the music and characters and that make is fun, plus watching the kids watch the parades is great-plus you never know when a character may single out your child which just makes their day special.

21. martinp13

martinp13 Mouseketeer

You won't be converted, but Disney parades are better than your standard parade, so it won't be a complete disaster. ;)

When I was at WDW in Dec, we passed by most of the parades at one time or another, and usually stopped to watch for a few minutes. Spectromagic (I'll never get that **** music out of my head) and the AK parade were OK, the HS parade was lame, any others I don't really remember. We never staked out a place... just stood on the side of a path about 20-30 feet from the parade (so we could make a quick getaway when we got tired of watching the parade!).