Panama Canal Eastbound Sept. 14, 2013--it'll be WONDER-ful

I am all for saving money so whatever group we can get together that would be great. I am not sure how far out we would need to make a reservation though.

I got an online quote from them before I posted the link for a Towncar for 2 and they came back with $120 which is a little higher than the rate they show on their home screen so I do not know if rates have gone up and they haven't updated their site or if that was a mistake.

Not sure where my request went to but we are two looking to pool with others. Our flight is at 12:30 pm. Anyone going our way?

Is anyone else planning to do the CaboDolphin Kids excursion? I would like to book this on June 16 th when booking opens up ( with my 6 & 9 yr old boys) and wondered if any other kids from the ship might be doing it?

Not sure where my request went to but we are two looking to pool with others. Our flight is at 12:30 pm. Anyone going our way?

My wife and I are also in. I guess we need to figure out how many people are ready to commit this early in the process and also what time to schedule the pick up. It looks like we might be able to reserve a large shuttle bus that will seat 20 something along with all the luggage for around 250-350. That is very reasonable when the cost is split up by a large group.

I am all for saving money so whatever group we can get together that would be great. I am not sure how far out we would need to make a reservation though.

I got an online quote from them before I posted the link for a Towncar for 2 and they came back with $120 which is a little higher than the rate they show on their home screen so I do not know if rates have gone up and they haven't updated their site or if that was a mistake.

Well count us in to share a ride. Pm or FB me thekoeppens. Sharon & Curt Koeppen

The itinerary on the DCL website shows the arrival time in Galveston as 9:30AM. What are everyone's thoughts on how accurate this will be? Any past experience? Thinking about scheduling transportation to Hobby Airport and would love to know when we will actually be allowed to disembark the ship. Thanks!

The itinerary on the DCL website shows the arrival time in Galveston as 9:30AM. What are everyone's thoughts on how accurate this will be? Any past experience? Thinking about scheduling transportation to Hobby Airport and would love to know when we will actually be allowed to disembark the ship. Thanks!

From what I have heard the docking time could be delayed due to fog and other matters since the ship enters and goes up a channel for quite a ways. DCL usually says all passengers need to be off the ship by 11 AM if they are docked on time.

Don't know how often the fog happens, but on our quick little cruise in February, we were delayed 4 hours before we could enter the harbor due to fog. Don't know how much that happens in the summer months, but it is really bad in the winter.

My wife and I are also in. I guess we need to figure out how many people are ready to commit this early in the process and also what time to schedule the pick up. It looks like we might be able to reserve a large shuttle bus that will seat 20 something along with all the luggage for around 250-350. That is very reasonable when the cost is split up by a large group.

I would prefer getting this set up early just to not have to worry about it anymore. Did you find another option that offered a larger shuttle bus or is it through that same company? We had 10 people interested a couple nights ago I am not sure exactly where it stands now.

I went back a few pages and found the following interested in sharing a shuttle from the Port to Hobby Airport:

RanCan 2
Pahrumpgirl 4
dta87 2
CruzOle 2
Sharon56 2
Thekoeppens 2

If there is anyone else interested please let us know ASAP.

Remember Disney will not provide any ground transfers to Hobby, they only provide it to IAH. We are on our own to get to Hobby.

I believe we should keep this open and available for another week or two, so we can make sure we help as many as possible. The more people we have the less the cost will be for everyone. We still have some time.

I went back a few pages and found the following interested in sharing a shuttle from the Port to Hobby Airport:

RanCan 2
Pahrumpgirl 4
dta87 2
CruzOle 2
Sharon56 2
Thekoeppens 2

Remember Disney will not provide any ground transfers to Hobby, they only provide it to IAH. We are on our own to get to Hobby.

I believe we should keep this open and available for another week or two, so we can make sure we help as many as possible. The more people we have the less the cost will be for everyone. We still have some time.

We may be interested.

We did this in 2005 from the hotel to the port in California on our last PC cruise. We had a large bus. There was not room enough for all the luggage. We had under the bus filled, plus we had luggage completely down the aisle of the bus. Just something to keep in mind when deciding on a mode and how many people it says it holds. Everyone has a lot more luggage for 2+ week trip.

RanCan 2
Pahrumpgirl 4
dta87 2
CruzOle 2
Sharon56 2
Thekoeppens 2

My group is also flying out of Hobby (believe 2:45 p.m.). We would be interested in group transportation. There are 4 adults; since luggage is being mentioned, the 4 of us usually travel with total of 8 pieces but we keep trying to get down 6! Thank you for checking into this!! [I hate to wish away the summer but starting to get REALLY excited for this trip!]

I sent an email to DCL asking about formal/semi-formal nights, captain, cruise director and what entertainment would be onboard (asked specifically about Ducky Williams). I thought I would share the info provided (knowing full well that in the past the formal/semi-formal night schedule changed a number of times prior to the actual trip:)):

*Nights: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13 & 14: cruise casual
*Nights 5 & 12: "formal night" - formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress
*Night 8: "semi-formal night" - semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.
*Night 10: pirate night - cruise casual or bring your best pirate outfit!

1) Captain: we do not have that information at this time.

2) Cruise Director: James Lynett.

3) We do not know if Ducky Williams will be onboard that sailing.

4) Each day on the ship a Personal Navigator, like a daily newspaper, will be delivered to your stateroom with a complete updated listing of all onboard activities, adventures, and entertainment. The Personal Navigator also includes sections for each child's age group and for teens, listing activities and entertainment that are appropriate for each group. Additional copies for your family to use during the cruise can be found onboard at the Guest Services Desk on Deck 3, Midship. The Personal Navigator is only available in English.
(I had asked if they knew what other acts would be onboard; I laughed when they explained about the Navigator):rotfl:

Linda

We may be interested.

We did this in 2005 from the hotel to the port in California on our last PC cruise. We had a large bus. There was not room enough for all the luggage. We had under the bus filled, plus we had luggage completely down the aisle of the bus. Just something to keep in mind when deciding on a mode and how many people it says it holds. Everyone has a lot more luggage for 2+ week trip.

You are absolutely right. We have also thought about that. The luggage will be a BIG problem.

I was looking at a 28 pass shuttle bus and was thinking that maybe the safe way to go would be to only have about 20 passengers. That way there will be additional space for luggage. The cost for the shuttle is around $350 (that includes all fees and driver tip). $350/20 is less than $20 per person. How does that sound? I'm new at this...

I appreciate anyone's thoughts or other ideas!

They also offer the big motor coach bus that seats like 50 people, but that was over $600 (Fees and tip included). I guess this is an option if the group gets bigger.

What about contacting the shuttle company and see what they suggest? Surely this can't be the first time for something like this.

My group is also flying out of Hobby (believe 2:45 p.m.). We would be interested in group transportation. There are 4 adults; since luggage is being mentioned, the 4 of us usually travel with total of 8 pieces but we keep trying to get down 6! Thank you for checking into this!! [I hate to wish away the summer but starting to get REALLY excited for this trip!]

You are added to the list with your four people.

I always believe "the more the merrier."

It's of course totally up to you, but I'm concerned that you might miss your flight. I would be nervous about joining up with others if my flight was that early. It would be terrible to miss a flight because of others in the group slowing you down. Too many things could go wrong. I would want more control, but that's just me. It seems most of the others who have expressed interest have flights after 2:00. That sounds a little bit safer.

I just mention this out of concern. :thumbsup2 :grouphug: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter