Panama Canal Eastbound Sept. 14, 2013--it'll be WONDER-ful

I hope you enjoy it. We will miss you.

I have a post on the first page, but it is further down. If she can't do it, let me know and I will keep up with it down on my first page post. It wouldn't be at the top, but it would still be on page 1!!!

Has a decision been made on the roll call thing? If so ...

Catherine (42)
Rich (44)
Stateroom 6638
Late dining (Animator's, Parrot Cay, Triton's)
Honeymoon

I would love to link dining with anyone else in the late dining.

What about excursions? I didn't love any of the Cabo excursions and researched private ones and found a sea kayak excursion that sounds amazing. Has anyone been to Cabo before?

Catherine

Hi everyone! So excited to be here. We are in the process of booking this trip and reading your posts makes it even more exciting. We are Catherine (42) and Rich (44) and this will be DCL trips 4 and 1 for us respectively. We would LOVE to swap recipes and join a Pub Crawl and bring some Texas Hill Country wine for the wine tasting. We live in San Antonio and work at Sea World. Looking forward to September!

OK, my DD has been wanting me to ask y'all a question. She works in Kerrville at the Texas Lions Camp and has told me there have been times that Sea World people have been to the camp. She wants to know if y'all have ever been on the camp property. She was a camper for 5 years and has been a counselor for the past 8 years and is hoping to go back again this summer.

Has a decision been made on the roll call thing? If so ...

Catherine (42)
Rich (44)
Stateroom 6638
Late dining (Animator's, Parrot Cay, Triton's)
Honeymoon

I would love to link dining with anyone else in the late dining.

What about excursions? I didn't love any of the Cabo excursions and researched private ones and found a sea kayak excursion that sounds amazing. Has anyone been to Cabo before?

Catherine

I am going to go ahead and move the roll call to my post on the 1st page so that we can at least keep it current.

I would not mind linking with you on dinner if you don't mind being with an older married couple and their daughter. We have always enjoyed getting to know the people in our groups. Plus your room is not too far from ours. We are in room 6080 which is port midship.

For now I am keeping up with the roll call in post 14 on page 1. If anything changes we will let y'all know.

yep, we are early dining really think I need to do that so we are not eating at 10 every night but may be talked into late if most are planning late dining.

twokats said:
OK, my DD has been wanting me to ask y'all a question. She works in Kerrville at the Texas Lions Camp and has told me there have been times that Sea World people have been to the camp. She wants to know if y'all have ever been on the camp property.

Neither one of us have been out to
The Lions Camp. Rich has been in the safety department at SW since late 2011. I'm an animal trainer and have been back at this park since 2008.

We would love to dine with you three. We feel like an older married couple since we've known each other since 1987! :). We dated in high school when our dads were stationed in Korea. We eventually moved back to the states and lost touch. We reconnected in 2009 (thank you Facebook) and will get married September 12th. I have two kids, but for this honeymoon we are leaving them home.

We would love to dine with you three. We feel like an older married couple since we've known each other since 1987! :). We dated in high school when our dads were stationed in Korea. We eventually moved back to the states and lost touch. We reconnected in 2009 (thank you Facebook) and will get married September 12th. I have two kids, but for this honeymoon we are leaving them home.

That would be great. We have always been at tables by ourselves and would enjoy the interaction and getting to know you better. DH and I have been married 29 years this May. We took an anniversary cruise last year for our 28th on the Fantasy, (just DH and I). It was great. We were at a table for six but it was always only us two. We took a quick cruise this last February and took 4 of our kids and it was so much fun interacting with them.

Will get with you soon to find out what we need to do to link, unless MPS516 wants to give us a heads up on what to do.

I have two kids, but for this honeymoon we are leaving them home.

My wife and I have five kids between us. we left them home when we took are honeymoon cruise on Disney! But we took the dog with us lol

Honeymoon.jpg

On our MED cruise we called DCL with the names and res # and had them link dining. We were all placed in the same section of the dining room (normal tables, all next to or around each other) and on the same rotation. We were also able to select our rotation. We also had a group of 12 or 14 reserve the back dining room for a PALO brunch.

BTW, we did PM our Res # to the person coordinating the dinig links so they would not be posted here :)

Hey if anyone booked their flight through Southwest, today starts their spring sale and Carol and I both were able to rebook at a cheaper rate.

Hey all! I have been lurking on this forum for only a little while now. I'm a longtime lurker over at Cruise Critic but couldn't find a thread on this particular sailing. Someone mentioned this board and... well, here I am!

I'm Jessica(25) and will be cruising with my husband(Phil, 31) and our daughter(Alina, 2). We have never cruised Disney before and are ridiculously excited. :cheer2:

I have a question about the "Dine and Play" program. I was informed that my daughter(who will be a month shy of three at the point of sailing) can join the Oceaneer's club as long as she is fully potty trained. No problem. But does this also mean she can join in on Dine and Play? Also, does anyone have any tips for cruising this long with a toddler? We are currently booked in a category 06a. I wonder in the space in there will be sufficient.

Anyway, I can't wait till we set sail. My daughter asks about the "Mickey boat" every day.:hyper:

Hey all! I have been lurking on this forum for only a little while now. I'm a longtime lurker over at Cruise Critic but couldn't find a thread on this particular sailing. Someone mentioned this board and... well, here I am!

I'm Jessica(25) and will be cruising with my husband(Phil, 31) and our daughter(Alina, 2). We have never cruised Disney before and are ridiculously excited. :cheer2:

I have a question about the "Dine and Play" program. I was informed that my daughter(who will be a month shy of three at the point of sailing) can join the Oceaneer's club as long as she is fully potty trained. No problem. But does this also mean she can join in on Dine and Play? Also, does anyone have any tips for cruising this long with a toddler? We are currently booked in a category 06a. I wonder in the space in there will be sufficient.

Anyway, I can't wait till we set sail. My daughter asks about the "Mickey boat" every day.:hyper:

:welcome: So glad y'all are joining us.

Sorry I can't answer any of your question, my daughter is an adult, and I have never cruised with a small child.
Your daughter should have a blast on the "Mickey boat"!!

Hi Jessica. Welcome! I've cruised with my kids since my daughter (10) was three. She loved the kids areas. She would want out for "mommy" time, but she was content with all of the activities and counselors for a couple hours at a time. Looking back at it I think she got more out of it the next year when she was four but three was still fun. I just needed to plan my day around stuff she and I could do together so it broke the day up a bit. Hope this helps. I also have ALWAYS done late dining so part if the day was always spent napping :)

:welcome: So glad y'all are joining us.

Sorry I can't answer any of your question, my daughter is an adult, and I have never cruised with a small child.
Your daughter should have a blast on the "Mickey boat"!!

Thank you! Happy to be here :)

Hi Jessica. Welcome! I've cruised with my kids since my daughter (10) was three. She loved the kids areas. She would want out for "mommy" time, but she was content with all of the activities and counselors for a couple hours at a time. Looking back at it I think she got more out of it the next year when she was four but three was still fun. I just needed to plan my day around stuff she and I could do together so it broke the day up a bit. Hope this helps. I also have ALWAYS done late dining so part if the day was always spent napping :)

Thanks for responding! This cruise will be a test run for us. If it goes well, we hope to do a back-to-back Mediterranean/Transatlantic trip next year. She'll be almost 4 then.

What type of room did you prefer when your daughter was a toddler? Wondering if we should spring for a suite while they are still available, though we hoped to avoid that. One of the main selling points of this cruise was that it was so inexpensive. We've been congratulating ourselves for choosing a "budget" family vacation. Upgrading to a suite kind of defeats the main reason we booked this cruise in the first place. I've never cruised with Disney or with a toddler so I have no idea if this is worth it.

I am embarrassed to admit that I stayed awake last night researching anything and everything I could about this trip. My husband has grown sick of hearing about it. :rotfl: I can't help it! Disney cruises sound soooo cool.:cool1:

I've never had anything but a room with a window. We were never really in the room and when we were the sitting area was plenty big enough. We would watch the Disney movies on the TV or would be walking the ship. This time we splurged but it's a honeymoon and the kids are staying home.

Thank you! Happy to be here :)

Thanks for responding! This cruise will be a test run for us. If it goes well, we hope to do a back-to-back Mediterranean/Transatlantic trip next year. She'll be almost 4 then.

What type of room did you prefer when your daughter was a toddler? Wondering if we should spring for a suite while they are still available, though we hoped to avoid that. One of the main selling points of this cruise was that it was so inexpensive. We've been congratulating ourselves for choosing a "budget" family vacation. Upgrading to a suite kind of defeats the main reason we booked this cruise in the first place. I've never cruised with Disney or with a toddler so I have no idea if this is worth it.

I am embarrassed to admit that I stayed awake last night researching anything and everything I could about this trip. My husband has grown sick of hearing about it. :rotfl: I can't help it! Disney cruises sound soooo cool.:cool1:

We are usually in a 5B and we have had up to 4 in that catagory room and had plenty of room. And all of us were adults. I think room wise you will be just fine. One of the reasons we are on this cruise also is the great deal we got and I see no reason for you to break the budget on a suite.

If you are interested in joining any of the activities we have going on (FE, postcard/recipe exchange or wine tasting) please let me know. I am keeper of those list, anything else anyone would like to try, just put it out there and we will see what kind of response there is.

JustUsAndJellybean said:

This made me giggle. I have spent hours researching and I'm sure will spend many more before we are through. Nothing wrong with making plans! If you're driving your husband crazy then just come chat with all of us :)

This made me giggle. I have spent hours researching and I'm sure will spend many more before we are through. Nothing wrong with making plans! If you're driving your husband crazy then just come chat with all of us :)

My husband is the one that got us hooked on Disney. So he just sits there and calmly listens to all DD and I have to tell him on the plans and when we finally ask for an opinion, he just looks at us and says, y'all make the plans and tell me what I have to do and when!
He is such a good man!
But yes, if your husband does go crazy, just come chat with us. We will be here for you. :thumbsup2

We are usually in a 5B and we have had up to 4 in that catagory room and had plenty of room. And all of us were adults. I think room wise you will be just fine. One of the reasons we are on this cruise also is the great deal we got and I see no reason for you to break the budget on a suite.

If you are interested in joining any of the activities we have going on (FE, postcard/recipe exchange or wine tasting) please let me know. I am keeper of those list, anything else anyone would like to try, just put it out there and we will see what kind of response there is.

We'd definitely like to do the wine tasting! I was so excited about the FE idea but not sure if it will work out logistically. We're from LA but will be flying back from Galveston. Just need to figure out if that will work. It sounds like a ton of fun but I read that some people had too much stuff to take home on a plane.

Lol, this cruise has become my obsession. I have taken to watching videos of the Wonder on Youtube. This has gotten out of hand. I had the strangest dream about sitting and talking with the statue of Ariel on the boat. She was telling me cruise secrets and took it upon herself she to upgrade our room. I woke up feeling happy. It took me a few minutes to realize we hadn't actually been upgraded. :rotfl2:

One thing I am worried about is having enough to do. I'm not really a "lay-by-the-pool" kind of girl. I'm a "get-up-and-go" kind of girl. I love adventure and seeing new things. We went on a Carnival cruise this past November and I was quite bored. We ate. We slept. We went to the pool. We ate and slept by the pool. We sat on our balcony. We ate and slept on our balcony. That was kind of the extent of it. Outside of learning how to fold towel animals or some other random skill, there wasn't much to do. It felt as though that cruise appealed to a much older audience. We're fairly young and have a young daughter. I'm just concerned that with so many sea days, there won't be much to do. When I'm bored, I attempt to start spontaneous song and dance numbers with the people around me. Things could get really strange on this boat. :scared1: If you hear of a lone woman wandering the boat singing "Dancing Queen" and performing a perfectly coordinated dance number, don't say I didn't warn you. In fact, it's probably in your best interest to just join in. :dance3:

In all seriousness, is there a good mix of things to do on a trip this long?

I don't think you will have any problem finding enough to do. I am not big on the pools either. There are adult and family activities galore. My husband loves to sit on our verandah and watch the ocean go by. But I like to keep busy. The activities and the movies have always been quite a bit for me plus I like to walk around the boat and take pictures also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter