• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Panama Canal Eastbound Sept. 14, 2013--it'll be WONDER-ful

:earsgirl::earsboy: We are staying at the Crowne Plaza Friday night. We did it before on our last cruise with Disney and it worked out great. We like to get to the hotel the night before and relax. The next morning the hotel has shuttles running to port starting at around 9am. :dance3:

We are looking at the Crowne Plaza but haven't decided yet. I think DBF has points we can use elsewhere, but I like being able to get to the port early so we try for an upgrade so I'm leaning toward the Crowne Plaza.

I'm thinking we might want to share a ride to the airport so we can rent a car there vs. trying to get to the rental place near Galveston - it might be a cheaper and easier option than catching a taxi to the rental place. We are a family of 4 and will probably do a car pick up time around 1 PM. I think the car rental is still cheaper for us over the Southwest deal that just came out plus we would not need a ride home from the airport that way.

Planned Events

Meet & Greet 1st Sea Day @ 10:30 am tentatively on Secret Deck 7 Aft

Wine Tasting tentatively Secret Deck 7 Aft

Fish Extender Exchange Deadline to join August 1, 2013

Postcard/Recipe Exchange Postcard from your city, state or country with your favorite recipe (or a recipe significant to your area) Deadline to join August 14, 2013
Post on the board or PM twokats to join in the fun.

Roll call!!!!

1. Tinkerbell0614
Tinkerbell
DH
DS 9 and 7

2. Denine
Denine
DH
DD 11
DD birthday
late dining

3. Twokats
Kathy
Le
DD Kati
DD birthday
stateroom 6080
late dining

4. MPS516
Mike
Donna
DD - Jessi 22
Stateroom - 6570
Main Dining

5. MommaluvsDis
From Louisiana
Denise 50
Steve 54
Stateroom #7512
platinum members
Late dining
Celebrating 30th Anniversary

6. pahrumpgirl
From Ohio
Carol 66
Doug 70
Stateroom #7514
Gold members
Main Dining

7. Crusinlattas
Renee
Alan
Anna (9)
AJ (7)
Stateroom 5020

8. Paragd911
Mark
DW Joy
DMIL Ruth
Bingo
Stateroom 6654
Early dining
Platinum members

9. Caniac27
Michelle 43
Derek 43
DD Maggie 11
Allison 11

10. MissingFigment
Kathy
Jeremy

11. Readyplayer
Nancy
DH Bill

12. Catdreams
Catherine
DH Rich
Stateroom 6638
late dining
Honeymoon

13. JustUsAndJellybean
Jessica(25)
DH - Phil (31)
DD - Alina (2)

14. graysonsmom

15. disneymiracleand2
Todd
Lisa
DD Savanna (23 mths)

16. MelSpees
Melanie
Gary

17. WAMUMOF4
DW
DH
DS (16)
DD (14)
DS (12)

18. Alirob
Ali
Rob

19. Michelle1969
Michelle
DH
DS (15)
DS (17)

20. knabebug
Jack
Nobbi

21. Dagny
Dagny
DH
Celebrating 25th anniversary

22. Sharan56
Sharan
Dave
Celebrating Sharan's Birthday the 22nd
early dining

23. eblong
Bruce
Rita
Cabin 6582

24. goiu
Lisa
DD (7)
DS (4)

25. grizmom
Jeanne
DD (12)
DS (10)

26. Thekoeppens
Sharon
DH

27. cmesq61
Carolann
Gib

28. Sparky47
Linda
Don

29. Grumpy57
Chuck
Denise

30. disfaninca / RanCan
Candy
Randy
24th anniversary

31. jlovesj
jlovesj
DSis

32. iminakilt
Mike
Chris
Deanna

33. iminakilt friends
Jeremy
Brittany

34. iminakilt friends
Larry
Tracy

35. lbolt123
Terry
Larry

36. denamo
denamo
friend

37. GatorMomInNC
Danae
DM Phyllis
DS Jonas (9)
DS Carter (6)

38. dta87

39. CruzOle
Brenda
Evelyn

40. fltink
Jenn
DH

41. ImprovGal

42. sinado4
Mel
Jessica
DS Mateo (2)
DD Maya (2)

Just moved to this cruise this morning from a ressie we had made when we left the Fantasy in May!!

Our original cruise was for Alaska, but the deal and the dates for this PC Repo were just too good to pass up. Plus it is on my bucket list of cruises I wanted to do! Hopefully I will get to do Alaska in 2014 (hope they keep up that itinerary)

Cruising will be me (Kathy), DH (Le) and DD (Kati) who will be celebrating her birthday while on the cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. This will be our fourth cruise, our third for the Wonder plus the one we just did on the Fantasy.

Kathy please add me to the recipe exchange list.
What's the details for the wine event? Do I bring a bottle?

I was thinking of printing signs and leaving time and place blank to fill in once there - I will be without a printer as well. The kids and I will be in CA for a week - my DH flys in the day before we sail.

I am in San Diego and can print off my printer for youz...deadline: sep 12th

Send me your files or lets collaborate.

I'm thinking we might want to share a ride to the airport so we can rent a car there vs. trying to get to the rental place near Galveston - it might be a cheaper and easier option than catching a taxi to the rental place. We are a family of 4 and will probably do a car pick up time around 1 PM. I think the car rental is still cheaper for us over the Southwest deal that just came out plus we would not need a ride home from the airport that way.
It is hundreds of dollars more to rent a car at the airport, than to rent it in Texas city or some other off-airport site. Check it out. We are saving a lot getting ours near Galveston.

It is hundreds of dollars more to rent a car at the airport, than to rent it in Texas city or some other off-airport site. Check it out. We are saving a lot getting ours near Galveston.

I looked today and AVIS was around $160 for the one day rental one way from Hobby so the price was not bad at all. I think it was very similar to close to the port. I'll double check prices, but I didn't see a big difference.

I am in San Diego and can print off my printer for youz...deadline: sep 12th

Send me your files or lets collaborate.

Thanks! I'm afraid most of the info we will not have until we get on the ship - if anyone is traveling with a printer that would work, otherwise we will probably be forced to fill in the blanks by hand...:scared:

Thanks! I'm afraid most of the info we will not have until we get on the ship - if anyone is traveling with a printer that would work, otherwise we will probably be forced to fill in the blanks by hand...:scared:

Which I have done before and does not bother me, but I will have as much printed as possible.

Renee, I noticed you put 6:00 pm on the wine tasting on the FB page. Isn't that the show time for the late diners? And I do not like to miss my shows!!!

Questions:

1) Is anyone else staying at the Sheraton Gateway on 9/13 and taking DCL transfers to the ship? I haven't booked a room yet but that is my current plan. Just curious if anyone else will be there.

2) Was there an organized group to do a Palo brunch and I missed it? On the WBTA in 2011 we got a few groups together and booked the big room in Palo for some dis'ers brunches. I would like to join that if anyone is organizing - or I could call DCL and try and organize, although I can't book things until the 16th so not sure if a Gold CC member is better to do it. Same thing with a mixology class - that would be fun to do with DIS'ers. I apologize if it is on here and I missed it...

3) I am booking excursions etc on June 16th (yeah) and I was wondering if anyone else was interested in renting the van for 4 hours in Cartagena for a tour (keep in mind that my party will include an 80 year old woman and 6 and 9 year old boys if that will bother you)? It is $625 but holds 10 people. I have a friend/co-worker from Cartagena and we are supposed to get together later this week and she was going to suggest places to see and eat, etc., and I was thinking she might even be able to call Cartagena and book the van for us and see what we can get it for on our own. BTW, if anyone has any questions for her, let me know and I will pass them on.

I really wanted to do the mangrove tour but now it isn't listed as a tour for Cartagena. It was just there a few weeks ago! I'm really bummed about that. In was looking forward to that excursion the most.

Would you be interested in booking the Mangrove excursion through shoretrips our TA said some of her clients have used this service. The cost definitely goes down with a bigger group.

http://www.shoretrips.com/excursion...gena-colombia/mangroves-swamp-ecological-tour

Yep, Atlanta and then on to Minneapolis. $120 may be a good rate, I have seen Houston 24 hr Taxi at 200, Royal Carriages at 195, Galveston Limo is 150, Super Shuttle 141 and waiting response from Airport Transfer.

Okay... I checked with http://www.airporthoustontaxi.com/area_port_of_galveston.shtml about the van and they confirmed the $120 price for 7 pass. I asked if we could make reservations now and he said they don't take them this early. What do you think? check out their link.

http://www.airporthoustontaxi.com/area_port_of_galveston.shtml

Which I have done before and does not bother me, but I will have as much printed as possible.

Renee, I noticed you put 6:00 pm on the wine tasting on the FB page. Isn't that the show time for the late diners? And I do not like to miss my shows!!!

It shows 4pm here - I thought that would get us out in time for shows and dinner but we can do earlier. I did change the time zone of the events to Pacific - wonder if it is showing TX time on yours - I was being cleaver putting that time zone on our meet - we probably would be in a different zone by the wine tasting. I also just picked a sea day - that might change too if we can get a nice set up on the ship.

Questions:

1) Is anyone else staying at the Sheraton Gateway on 9/13 and taking DCL transfers to the ship? I haven't booked a room yet but that is my current plan. Just curious if anyone else will be there.

2) Was there an organized group to do a Palo brunch and I missed it? On the WBTA in 2011 we got a few groups together and booked the big room in Palo for some dis'ers brunches. I would like to join that if anyone is organizing - or I could call DCL and try and organize, although I can't book things until the 16th so not sure if a Gold CC member is better to do it. Same thing with a mixology class - that would be fun to do with DIS'ers. I apologize if it is on here and I missed it...

3) I am booking excursions etc on June 16th (yeah) and I was wondering if anyone else was interested in renting the van for 4 hours in Cartagena for a tour (keep in mind that my party will include an 80 year old woman and 6 and 9 year old boys if that will bother you)? It is $625 but holds 10 people. I have a friend/co-worker from Cartagena and we are supposed to get together later this week and she was going to suggest places to see and eat, etc., and I was thinking she might even be able to call Cartagena and book the van for us and see what we can get it for on our own. BTW, if anyone has any questions for her, let me know and I will pass them on.

We might be interested in Cartagena. I really think we will want to get off the ship but was not thrilled with the DCL offerings. I think our kids would have fun together and we are used to traveling with older family members.

Dang... All this time I thought it stood for Disney .... Son, daughter, husband, wife. Ha ha... What do I know. Actually I like it better.

I think once upon a time I saw a list of all the abbreviations and it said dear, but I think it can be anything we want. Disney included!!!

It shows 4pm here - I thought that would get us out in time for shows and dinner but we can do earlier. I did change the time zone of the events to Pacific - wonder if it is showing TX time on yours - I was being cleaver putting that time zone on our meet - we probably would be in a different zone by the wine tasting. I also just picked a sea day - that might change too if we can get a nice set up on the ship.

OK, that makes sense and yes I looked at the old navigators and it is a sea day. I will change my listing to 4 and that should work just fine for everything.

"About the Meet & Greet September 15 @ 12:30 pm tentatively on Secret Deck 7 Aft. "

I know exactly where that is very very hard to get in that location with a wheelchair.

We normally have the meet and greet at Promenade lounge on the Magic/Wonder

"About the Meet & Greet September 15 @ 12:30 pm tentatively on Secret Deck 7 Aft. "

I know exactly where that is very very hard to get in that location with a wheelchair.

We normally have the meet and greet at Promenade lounge on the Magic/Wonder

http://s257.photobucket.com/user/paragd911/media/index1.jpg.html

We can change the location if you would feel more comfortable. I haven't been on that deck on the Wonder, but it was very accessible on the Magic - we discovered it because it was by the accessible stateroom where my mother in law was staying and we wheeled out there a few times but this is our first time on the Wonder. The only reason I was thinking the deck as a backup is that the promenade lounge often has things going on there on the second day - at least on the Magic they had a preschool play time in the mornings. I think we will be able to find an area on the ship that is not being used at that time - but I haven't found anyone on land that can put us in a room without charging us - once we can talk to the crew members I think we can arrange it.

We booked the cruise on June 6th at the GTY (category VGT, with restrictions) Any one else doing the GTY? Hopefully we won't regret this, but could not resist the cost of this cruise. The way I understand it I won't get a stateroom assignment until 14-7 days before the cruise, and can't check in until after July 1st to book any excursions till then. Have been on 4 cruises but this is our 1st Disney Cruise.

Put us down for the meet and greet: Russ & Janice. Not sure about the FE, Wine Tasting, and postcards; need to do research on these as I am not familiar with how they work.

We live in Richmond, TX. (close to Houston)

Russ :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We booked the cruise on June 6th at the GTY (category VGT, with restrictions) Any one else doing the GTY? Hopefully we won't regret this, but could not resist the cost of this cruise. The way I understand it I won't get a stateroom assignment until 14-7 days before the cruise, and can't check in until after July 1st to book any excursions till then. Have been on 4 cruises but this is our 1st Disney Cruise.

Put us down for the meet and greet: Russ & Janice. Not sure about the FE, Wine Tasting, and postcards; need to do research on these as I am not familiar with how they work.

We live in Richmond, TX. (close to Houston)

Russ :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Welcome! FE can be as easy or hard as you make it but a lot of fun! You just bring gifts to leave with all the cabins involved and they leave things for you - it really makes it fun to see what is in your FE holder when you go to your cabin plus a good time delivering goodies all over the ship! Some do several during the the trip others just do one thing - it is up to you.

We booked GTY as well. This is our first time doing this but I have done it for other people and it turned out well for them.

Wine tasting all you need to do is bring a bottle you want to share. It could be a one from home or your favorite.

In case anyone still needs to book a flight for the trip, Southwest is having a "sale":
:tinker:
It's the big sale you've been waiting for! For 72 hours only, we've got some of the lowest fares you'll find on Fall travel. Hurry & book now for the best selection of flights & travel dates. With fares this low, you don't need a reason, just pick a destination & go! Book by Thursday, June 13 for travel from August 26 - December 18, 2013. See complete terms, conditions, and exclusions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter