Panama Canal Eastbound Sept. 14, 2013--it'll be WONDER-ful

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by youalleverybody, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Thekoeppens

Thekoeppens Earned My Ears and Loved It

Hello Sept 14 East Bound Panama Canal Cruisers. We have just book the ship and we are interested in joining your group. Is there a Facebook page? I would like to add our information to your records and need assistance. We are known as Thekoeppens It will be me an my DH.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sharan56

sharan56 Mouseketeer

Crusinlattas has the Facebook page. Respond to one of her posts and ask to join.

4. Denine

Denine I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny

Welcome aboard Thekoeppens!

5. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

:welcome: We are so glad you are joining us.

I am adding you to the roll call and if you want to be added to the FE exchange, postcard/recipe exchange or wine tasting list, let me know. We are also trying to get a meet organized and possibly other things.

6. MPS516

MPS516 Disney #2 Fan

Hi TheKoeppens and welcome aboard :wave2:

Have you been watching this cruise for awhile now or just spur of the moment ?

7. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

There are 15 cabins in the FE exchange at this time and each of you should have received a PM from me with the link to the document. Please keep up with it and anytime I make any changes I will let you know and you will be able to see them when done.

When the ones with no stateroom get notice, please let me know and I will put it on the list.

At this time we have 8 cabins in the Postcard/Recipe Exchange. I will wait a little longer before I send that one out since it is not as detailed as the FE is.

Any questions, please let me know.

8. Thekoeppens

Spur of the moment, cast member space available. Will be celebrating 24th Wedding Anniversary.

9. Thekoeppens

We would like to join the FE and the recipe exchange. We did those on our Hawaii cruise.

10. Thekoeppens

CrusinLattas. We would like to be Added to the FB page for this group. I am on Facebook as Thekoeppens.
    Thanks, Sharon Koeppen

11. Sparky47

Sparky47 Mouseketeer

My husband and I (Don and Linda) are traveling with my brother & sis-in-law (Chuck and Denise) on this cruise. We will be making our final decision regarding participating in the FE this weekend so I'll check back about that; but to help make our decision I have a few questions:

--Will there be a limit to the number of cabins in the FE? (broken down into multiple groups if there a number of cabins?)
    --Do we give an FE per cabin or per person?

As for the postcard/recipe exchange - we have participated in the postcard exchange in the past but not a recipe exchange. Is this 2 separate things or a combined thing? Give a postcard with a home town recipe?

Thanks for clarifying!

12. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

DBF & I just booked this evening!! Sad that all verandah cabins at the military discount rate were gone so we have a standard inside cabin, but we'll still be on the cruise! For 14 days!! Guess that's more money I can spend on clothes to wear on the cruise!!

13. catdreams

catdreams Earning My Ears

Can all of you experienced cruisers help me in understanding why there are port adventures listed on the DCL site that are not actually offered for our cruise? I understand if it is a seasonal experience (like whale watching). Thanks so much in advance for your time. Can't wait for September!

14. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

We will have a cutoff date of at least a month prior to sailing. As I said right now we have 16 (1 more added) cabins. Unless we really have a massive amount join, I think we will have a manageable group. I feel we will set a limit of around 40, if we even reach that.

The gifts are up to you. I usually do a cabin gift and something additional for children. I have seen it done many ways. Totally up to you and your budget.

We did the postcard/recipe on our Western last year and had a blast with it. We all did postcards from our state or particular area and put either our favorite recipe or something that was also special to our region (and it can be more than one) as with the other stuff, totally up to you.

Hope this clarifies. If not ask me again and I will try to be more detailed.

15. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

:welcome: Glad y'all are joining us! I say more clothes is a good thing.

16. MelSpees

MelSpees Registered

pirate: I'm kind-of surprised to see the Pirate Party is on the Cartegena day. Is it normal to have it on a port day? :confused3 Somehow I thought it would be on an at sea day.

17. jlovesj

jlovesj Earning My Ears

My little sister and I will be onboard!!! We both are very excited! I'm 33 and she is 18!

18. WAMUMOF4

WAMUMOF4 DIS Veteran

Welcome to the cruise! Does that mean they are offering discounts to cast members for this cruise?

19. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

Where can I find the schedule?

20. MommaluvsDis

MommaluvsDis DIS Veteran

Conflict with length of excursion verses the length of time at that port.

21. Denine

Denine I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny

It is usually on a port day.