Palo brunch or dinner?

Personally speaking, much prefer the dinner at Palo. Far more relaxing and wonderful service. Whichever you choose, enjoy.

This is really a personal preference thing. The one time we did Palo brunch, I felt like I was wasting precious daylight hours sitting in a restaurant. We simply would have preferred to be doing other things during that time of day (I realize I'm in the minority here). Dinner suited us much better.

Brunch. I didn't think dinner was that special at all - had much better meals elsewhere. The surcharge is not that much though :)

But would definitely choose brunch over dinner.

We are going on our very first cruise in November. I have heard such great things about Palo, so I will try to get a reservation. I am not very much of a breakfast person and love to go out to dinner, but the brunch at Palo looks awesome. Is the brunch a buffet and you order off the menu? Does the brunch menu have selections other than breakfast food? No buffet at dinner, you just order off the menu? Do I have this right? Let me know your recommendation. Thanks so much. Mary

Yes, you have it right. Brunch is a buffet, plus you order We've done both multiple times and normally have done both, but I would do the Dinner. Until our last cruise, I might have suggested Brunch, but this most recent time, they had lots of extra CM's standing around wanting to carry your plate and serve you from the buffet. Yeah, I get that it could have been due to some Norwalk scare, but IMHO that really changed the whole feel of the brunch. Also, if you do the brunch you miss two of my favorite things on board, the sea day breakfast buffet and lunch buffet. Combine all that with having to change clothes twice more (once to get ready for Brunch and once afterwards), and the choice becomes an easy one for me. BTW, we always pick Pirate Night for the Palo Dinner, as the menu isn't one of our favorites so we don't mind missing it.

Yes, you have it right. Brunch is a buffet, plus you order We've done both multiple times and normally have done both, but I would do the Dinner. Until our last cruise, I might have suggested Brunch, but this most recent time, they had lots of extra CM's standing around wanting to carry your plate and serve you from the buffet. Yeah, I get that it could have been due to some Norwalk scare, but IMHO that really changed the whole feel of the brunch. Also, if you do the brunch you miss two of my favorite things on board, the sea day breakfast buffet and lunch buffet. Combine all that with having to change clothes twice more (once to get ready for Brunch and once afterwards), and the choice becomes an easy one for me. BTW, we always pick Pirate Night for the Palo Dinner, as the menu isn't one of our favorites so we don't mind missing it.
Just so you know, you're responding to a post from over 5 years ago.

This is going to sound like a silly question, but do they limit your time during brunch? Or rush you along? I only ask because I know my hubs would enjoy this and of course I would like to join him. I tho, recently had WLS and is full only a few bites in..im sure in a years time ill have some more room, but I wanted to know how long we can stay there so I can have a nice experience and taste things on the menu.

This is going to sound like a silly question, but do they limit your time during brunch? Or rush you along? I only ask because I know my hubs would enjoy this and of course I would like to join him. I tho, recently had WLS and is full only a few bites in..im sure in a years time ill have some more room, but I wanted to know how long we can stay there so I can have a nice experience and taste things on the menu.

I'm sure there is some kind of limit - they book slots based on the tables turning over. If you sit there forever and ever, not only are you affecting others who booked (possibly shortening their time because they have to get ready for dinner), you are potentially (unless you plan to make up for it with YOUR tip) affecting your server's tip income for the meal as s/he will have one less table that turns over.

If you are expecting to sit there for longer than usual, I would book the latest time a lot so that you cause less of a ripple effect.

We did brunch on our first cruise in January. We are going to do that again when we go next year because we don't want to miss any of the MDR's. I loved the brunch. I really enjoyed the Eggs Benedict.

we always do both but prefer the brunch. Its just a little more laid back whereas the dinner is more formal. I dont like to be formal on my vacation.

I'm sure there is some kind of limit - they book slots based on the tables turning over. If you sit there forever and ever, not only are you affecting others who booked (possibly shortening their time because they have to get ready for dinner), you are potentially (unless you plan to make up for it with YOUR tip) affecting your server's tip income for the meal as s/he will have one less table that turns over.

If you are expecting to sit there for longer than usual, I would book the latest time a lot so that you cause less of a ripple effect.

What times do they offer Brunch? Taking a later time, to have more time, won't be an issue especially since we have a late dinner.

we always do both but prefer the brunch. Its just a little more laid back whereas the dinner is more formal. I dont like to be formal on my vacation.

don't really want to be to formal on vacation either.. how formal are we talking on Formal night tho LOL

I don't know that it would make that much difference. They never book all the tables at the same time. There's always open tables (helps allow for more leisurely service).

chilepepper, I'm certain if you mention to your server that you require a slow pace for dining, you'll be accommodated, with no problem.

don't really want to be to formal on vacation either.. how formal are we talking on Formal night tho LOL

nah, they just try to make it a big deal - waiter is just very, um, fussy (thats not the best word) - puts the napkin in your lap, replaces flat ware between courses, adjusts service items. Sommelier is formal if you order wine (we like to talk to them but we dont like to be fussed after). . . i dont know, it's probably just us - we just want to relax and it always seems as if the waiter if fiddling with things on our table. Does that make sense?

nah, they just try to make it a big deal - waiter is just very, um, fussy (thats not the best word) - puts the napkin in your lap, replaces flat ware between courses, adjusts service items. Sommelier is formal if you order wine (we like to talk to them but we dont like to be fussed after). . . i dont know, it's probably just us - we just want to relax and it always seems as if the waiter if fiddling with things on our table. Does that make sense?

Funny, I feel like that in the MDR's. On our last cruise, our waiter leaned over my shoulder and began cutting my food. Palo feels more relaxed to me and the wait staff seem to understand boundaries a bit better - lol. Plus, its quieter - a MAJOR bonus!!

I don't know that it would make that much difference. They never book all the tables at the same time. There's always open tables (helps allow for more leisurely service).

chilepepper, I'm certain if you mention to your server that you require a slow pace for dining, you'll be accommodated, with no problem.

Yes, but they do book the tables expecting them to turn over at least once. They don't book them expecting one party to sit there for the entire time. Will they accommodate? Probably. But I just out of courtesy if I knew I was going to have to sit for a long time between nibbles, I would book the latest possible time to cause as little issue as possible. I'd probably also go to the dining changes and give them a heads up that I was going to be taking a while as I could only nibble a little at a time and would have to wait to digest it but still wanted the experience. That way they've got a heads-up and can either advise you the best plan of action or do their staffing and seating accordingly so it is fair to servers AND the other guests who also booked for the brunch experience.

Funny, I feel like that in the MDR's. On our last cruise, our waiter leaned over my shoulder and began cutting my food. Palo feels more relaxed to me and the wait staff seem to understand boundaries a bit better - lol. Plus, its quieter - a MAJOR bonus!!

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where the waiter felt it was appropriate to cut your food for you! What did you do/say?

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where the waiter felt it was appropriate to cut your food for you! What did you do/say?

The only time a server has touched my food was on HAL when I ordered lobster and it cane in the tail. Granted, those servers were NOT the best and I had to ask him to please help me. My dad has ordered lobster on DCL and the server was on top of removing it from the shell for him.

Short of that, they try to cut my food and I will be grabbing someone else's fork and poking them. I am NOT a baby and am perfectly capable of cutting my own food. IMHO to do it without ASKING is presumptuous.

Nothing. The waiter thought he was being helpful since I had shrimp that came with a tail. My daughter and husband were laughing really hard, so I couldn't help but laugh too. I let it go and didn't say anything. This is why I'm not a big fan of the MDR's. I think they try WAY too hard and it ends up being way way way over the top. I would eat in Palo every night if I could.

For Palo brunch is there a dress code and is it strictly enforced?

Also, I'm guessing there is no difference in food or offerings between the 10:30 and 12:30 service?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter