Palo Brunch discontinued while docked ay Nassau

I'm super bummed about this because the 3 night cruises are about all my bf and I can schedule going forward. This basically means we won't get the chance to have brunch again and it was frankly one of the highlights for me.

BUMMED! Was hoping to take our newly minted 18yr old in February.

If it were due to the newtax, wouldn't that tax also apply then to everything sold while docked in Nassau including cocktails. :guilty:

BUMMED! Was hoping to take our newly minted 18yr old in February.

If it were due to the newtax, wouldn't that tax also apply then to everything sold while docked in Nassau including cocktails. :guilty:
I believe so. The new VAT was effective 1/1/15. Maybe someone who purchased a drink while in port, as well as purchasing the same drink while not in port can weigh in with if there was a difference in price?

Once people would be faced with the choice of booking Palo brunch while docked at Nassau (costing at least $26.88 with VAT) or brunch on a sea day (costing $25.00) I'm sure DCL felt that the bookings on Nassau day would be not as popular. Yes, it's not much of a difference, but it is a difference.

It might actually be more of a difference. IF the Palo meal is taxable, the VAT might not be assessed on only the upcharge, but on the whole value of the meal, which is certainly higher than 25$. And with that, Disney might have two reasons for not offering Brunch: the price might go up quite a bit and therefore attract less people. And by telling people the amount that needs to be paid in tax, people would find out what the real money value of Palo brunch is and they might not want to publicize that.

With regards to drinks sold during time in port, Disney might just take on the little tax on drinks. I.e in port the drinks prices are just inclusive of VAT (VAT is usually not added at the sale, but factored into the advertised price), out on sea all the money goes to Disney.

They will still be having brunch on cruises that stop in CC twice, they will offer it on the 2nd CC stop. I called today and they said as of March the 3 day cruise will stop brunch and as of April the 4 night cruise will not have brunch on in port days.
If you have a brunch on a 4 night that was cancelled and you still want it just book onboard, if you go when they start taking resv you have a good shot at getting one.

I agree with others it probably had something to do with them not making enough money not because of low demand. Why wouldn't they just raise the price to ensure they make enough profit? Sure people would have complained but I doubt it would have effected bookings that much.

They will still be having brunch on cruises that stop in CC twice, they will offer it on the 2nd CC stop. I called today and they said as of March the 3 day cruise will stop brunch and as of April the 4 night cruise will not have brunch on in port days.
If you have a brunch on a 4 night that was cancelled and you still want it just book onboard, if you go when they start taking resv you have a good shot at getting one.

Mine is still coming up for my Nassau day in May. It is still on the website, in my Disney Cruise Line book I just got in the mail, and I never got an email saying it was cancelled. So I am a little confused; is there a good chance my sailing is still doing it??? or possibly a glitch in the system??

Mine is still coming up for my Nassau day in May. It is still on the website, in my Disney Cruise Line book I just got in the mail, and I never got an email saying it was cancelled. So I am a little confused; is there a good chance my sailing is still doing it??? or possibly a glitch in the system??
I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's a glitch. If it's real important that you have that reservation, I'd suggest contacting DCL and confirming one way or the other. If you have no problem with letting it be and finding out onboard whether you actually have that reservation or not, I'd just let it be.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's a glitch. If it's real important that you have that reservation, I'd suggest contacting DCL and confirming one way or the other. If you have no problem with letting it be and finding out onboard whether you actually have that reservation or not, I'd just let it be.

I booked through a TA should I still call or have her contact them. Thank you for the advice.

I am curious about this as well. I cruise in May and mine is still showing up. I called DCL to inquire about it and they had no clue why I thought it may be canceled. When I mentioned the emails some people were getting I was actually told that they could be fraudulent or spam.

Unfortunately I am not that optimistic and I am guessing she just didn't know what she was talking about, but the fact that others still have it showing up makes me wonder.

we sail in may and others on that sailing who i'm in a group with on the other site which cannot be named, also got the cancellation email for brunch on nassau day. We sail May 14. FWIW.

Yeh another reason to switch lines, way to go DCL. One of our cruises next year will not have a Palo brunch, that really bites. That is one thing that we always look forward to. I hope it changes by then.

What's the logical reason for this...?
for..... what?

For discontinuing it? Palo brunch was always just a sea day offering on DCL cruises. DCL usually has more activities on sea days than port days, since there are more people who are looking for things to do. Until recently, when they added it on the (Nassau) port days on the 3 night cruises. I believe it was a test. Since it seemed that lots of people weren't actually getting off the ship, and they thought they would try adding something else that could be done when lots of people were onboard (much like a sea day). I'm guessing that the test wasn't successful/cost productive enough to continue it.

This is sad news. I was looking forward to booking my next brunch while at Nassau. It would be a great use of the day in Nassau for those that don't want to get off the ship.

I called DCL this morning and she said that as of April 13, they were discontinuing the brunch on the 4 night dream. She then called guest services to see why my reservation was still coming up. After speaking with guest services they determined it was an glitch/error in the system and also did not know why I didn't get a call or email telling me. The lady I spoke to was super nice and knew what she was talking about and the things she was unsure about she asked guest services about.

Now I know that I need to make it a priority after boarding the ship. (Should I just check the Navigator of where to go?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter