Palo Brunch attire

View attachment 138326 Here's what my husband has worn twice to Palo brunch. This one was a year ago. He wore a sportcoat over the polo the first time, but last year went without the sportcoat and encountered no problems. Almost all of the men in there when we were were either wearing a polo (no sportcoat) or a dress shirt (no jacket).
I love your dress :)

It's so simple: " Dress pants and shirt are required for men and a dress or pantsuit is required for women. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes." Clear, reasonable, generally enforced, comfortable.

You have heard here of folks being admitted with polo shirts or capris, with people calling it a "party" dress code, and with nice jeans being admitted. Yep, I've heard the same. A polo shirt is clearly not a dress shirt, and Palo code is that you can't wear one. Yep, people get away with it and have had a great time there.

But...if you follow their dress code you will absolutely have zero problem. Guaranteed. If you push it based on others' reported experiences, you are risking the Palo management asking you politely to return to your cabin and change to follow the dress code. Why even risk that? Palo is wonderful, and their dress code is pretty easy.

As for the MDRs, sure does feel like anything goes, based on our recent few cruises. And most everyone seems comfortable and is having a good time. Gone are the days of everyone dressing up for dinner, time moves on.

palo brunch is definitely more casual. We've been to Palo dinner, Palo Brunch, and Remy brunch. Palo brunch is by far our favorite!

It's so simple: " Dress pants and shirt are required for men and a dress or pantsuit is required for women. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes." Clear, reasonable, generally enforced, comfortable.

You have heard here of folks being admitted with polo shirts or capris, with people calling it a "party" dress code, and with nice jeans being admitted. Yep, I've heard the same. A polo shirt is clearly not a dress shirt, and Palo code is that you can't wear one. Yep, people get away with it and have had a great time there.

But...if you follow their dress code you will absolutely have zero problem. Guaranteed. If you push it based on others' reported experiences, you are risking the Palo management asking you politely to return to your cabin and change to follow the dress code. Why even risk that? Palo is wonderful, and their dress code is pretty easy.

As for the MDRs, sure does feel like anything goes, based on our recent few cruises. And most everyone seems comfortable and is having a good time. Gone are the days of everyone dressing up for dinner, time moves on.

Alright - you made me go digging through my cruise mementos :) I know the DCL website has something different and seems to definitely address Palo Dinner (and Remy where applicable) however I did find the Palo card that was left at our cabin and at the bottom of the card it states, "Dress pants and shirt for men, no jeans. Cancellation Fees May Apply". Then underneath that in a font that is bolder, "No flip flops, no sandals, no tennis shoes please". It does *not* state no capri's on the card left in our cabin. I'm not sure the wording has changed on the cards left in the cabins (or on the fish/starfish) but it's clear it does not contain anything with capri's. I have read this each time it's been left for us so not sure others have kept their's but again I'm not one to buck the rules but I feel perfectly comfortable and more importantly, perfectly dressed for the occasion especially based on my fellow cruisers and Palo companions.

So with all this Palo Brunch talk, I could really go for the Chicken Parmesan with yummy risotto!

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter