Pal Mickey

What do you mean by delayed? I ordered on Monday, they charged the card on Tues, so I expect they shipped soon after charging me. I leave on the 20th and need it by the 19th.

They also have the Pal Mickey's for $13.99 at Disney's Character Warehouse in Destin, Fl. Their # is 850-650-0633

Thanks, I just ordered on and the total came to $22.94. She told me it would take 2 weeks to get it. I asked if they have an expedited shipping option because I'm leaving in exactly two weeks...She said she would make sure it went out today. I hope she's right!!! My daughter will be so surprised!!!

What is the difference in the ones they sell at the park vs these? Is it just a different outfit/look?

And what age child (or adult?!) would like these?

The store in Orlando still has some, JUST found this thread and immediately ordered one - I think it was $22.94 with shipping (to GA - UPS). Still cheaper than even the previous markdown.

AngieWin said:
What is the difference in the ones they sell at the park vs these? Is it just a different outfit/look?

And what age child (or adult?!) would like these?

Okay, the difference between the "new" and "old" (as I understand it), is that the "new" Pal Mickey is dressed in a tuxedo and has more jokes/games/new information from the old one. I have heard of people getting these for younger kids all the way to adults. There were some posts about adults finding them annoying, etc. Also some adults found them too cumbersome to actually carry around, so they ripped parts of Mickey off so that they were just carrying the inner workings to get the info (I, personally, would feel AWFUL carrying around a ripped up Mickey with all those kids around, especially since I am unable to pay for the therapy they probably need after being subjected to that horror! :earseek: ) I bought the Pal Mickey for myself (for this trip), but I fully expect to pass it on to my kids when we take them to Disney next year or the year after.

I have also seen other posts where if you take in your "old" Pal, that they can be "updated" in the Parks (to get all the new info, etc.) - I will now need the low-down on that procedure. Can anyone help?

I ordered mine on Monday (Labor Day holiday) and I got it UPS today. Fast shipping.

I got mine today too! I bought it for my sister. It'll be her first trip to WDW

I too ordered mine on Monday, after the tip from the OP, and received it today. That was quick! I took him out of the box and have been listening to his jokes. Dh looks at me and says "did you buy that for the kids, or you?" I think I bought it for me, but maybe I'll let the kids play with it too. ;)

HayGan said:
OMG - Thank you OP sooooooo much :worship: I just called and got 2 Pal Mickeys shipped for less than $40 :banana: :banana: I was debating on waiting till we got there to buy the one in the tuxedo but I got 2 shipped to me for half the price :cool1:

Here is the Character Premier number if anyone else is interested
954-846-7161

Thank you...I'm on hold now waiting to order at the 13.99 plus 8.95 shipping! :rotfl:

Your old pals can receive updated park operations info such as show times and parade times things of that nature..He will not have or be able to get any information on the new rides that have been built since he was created. I urge you all to go to palmickey.net for all questions reguarding your pals. They are a well informed community of adult pal mickey owners and at least one disney cm is on the site for the best information please check out this site.
Renee

I've had my pal mickey since 2004 with our first vacation to Disney World with my now oldest daughter and the Disney Cruise I was debating if I should buy another one for our trip in december :earboy2:

Thanks!! I just ordered one. They said two to three weeks shipping which doesn't matter because I am not going until Feb.

Just freed up some money I was budgettting to buy him on our trip. :cool1:

So glad you posted this!!! :love2:

I just ordered 3. I was planning to just get ONE, but...LOL You all know the rest of the story!

Seriously, I opted to get the other 2 because of shipping. Shipping for one was $8.95 and shipping for all 3 was 10.95, so it seemed to make sense. And since I have 3 kids...no fighting over him! (Though I don't know that I want to be taking 3 of them all through the parks, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.)

I was also told 2-3 weeks. She said that it would probably be much sooner, but just to be safe and avoid disappointing anyone, they were saying 2-3 weeks.

3DisneyKids! That is the same thing I did! I ordered 4, though... After tax and shipping they run about $17 each. These will make great Christmas gifts for other family members! I'm glad I got in on this! THANK YOU for starting this thread, SHEDAISY0088!

i ordered on 9/5 and got it today 9/12 :)

thanks so much for the heads up, i love it! ds (3) was somewhat less than impressed but it was really for me anyway :)

in my excitement to open the box i cut my thumb with the scissors :rotfl2:

This is a great deal- thinking of doing it... Last winter- we got 2 magical moments pins for 2.00 apiece- they were clearing them out...anyway, they're supposed to light up and twinkle when you have a "magical moment" :rotfl: - it seems that there were sensors everywhere in the parks- and they would go off, and surprise the kids, they really loved it- I think the Pal Mickey uses the same sensors. The pins make no noise, but I'm pretty sure they're on the same system. Question??? Is it a pain to carry the PM's around? How big and heavy are they? I'd worry that we'd lose it... :confused3

Hi! nutz4diznee! These should definitely work inside the parks.. That is why I bought mine! I think they will not include info about new attractions, such as SOARIN'... They will still receive the signals from the sensors located around the parks, though! I hope I get mine in time for our trip this October! Yay! F&W and MNSSHP.. Yippee! :goodvibes :cool1:

hsmamato2 The Pal Mickey's aren't that heavy maybe a Pound at the most... There is a clip/strap you can use to secure him... But I was always afraid to lose him as well!

I just called and ordered one so they still have some left :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter