• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Package question

toddthecow

Earning My Ears
I am new to this and was wondering if the following was "legal" and if it would work to save a family some money.

Is there a way for a family to book a package of 3 nights (room/dining/tickets) and extend the tickets/dining part for a few extra nights so they could move off site and still have dining and park admissions?

Along those same lines, are packages pre paid? If you made a 7 night package reservation and once there decide to cancel the last 4 nights in the disney hotel, what penalty is there and do the park and dining also get cancelled?

The tickets can be extended, but I know that the dining plan cannot be extended past the nights spent in the hotel.

If you book thru Walt Disney Travel Company you do have to prepay and are requured to pay a deposit pretty quickly after booking of $200. someone correct me if i'm wrong on this, has been a while since we booked with WTC.

Tabitha,

You're right. Tickets can be extended, dining cannot. Dining is tied in to the number of nights at the hotel. Packages are deposited within 14 days of reservation and balance due at 45 day out mark.

Copied from
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/faq_fw.htm
This is a very nice site... Check it out if you have not already.

Kitchen Inventory:
Appliances:

Full Size: Refrigerator w/ Icemaker; electric flat cooktop stove w/broiler; microwave; dishwasher (w/ packets of dishwasher soap); 1 four cup coffee maker and 1 10 cup coffee maker (stored in cupboard); toaster.

Kitchen Ware:

6 each dinner fork; salad fork; teaspoon; soup spoon; butter knife; steak knife;
2 each paring knife;
1 manual can opener;
1 serving spoon;
1 glass measuring cup;
1 2 qt. pitcher;
2 2 qt. glass casserole with top;
6 each glasses; coffee cups; cereal bowls; dessert plates; dinner plates
1 small oval platter
1 Dutch oven with cover;
1 2qt. saucepan with cover;
1 1qt. saucepan;
1 12" skillet with top;
Note: The cookware is non-stick. The inventory is typical.

Odds and Ends:
Roll of paper towels;
Extra trash bags;
New sponge;
Cloth dishtowel;
Dish drainer;
Liquid dishwashing soap;
Powder soap for dishwasher;
NOT INCLUDED are salt, pepper, sugar (or sweetener), coffee, coffee filters, or small drinking glasses for the bathroom.

I was just reading through, and well, I'm confused!!!! LOL

I think msbegin, maybe you posted that on the wrong thread.... :confused3
OR maybe I haven't had enough coffee?? LOL

To the OP, the others are correct, in fact, in order to even get the dining plan you must book a MYW package. There is no way to get it otherwise. If you book the package, it must be paid in FULL at the 45 day point, (45 days prior to arrival) so if you get to the resort, and decide at that point you want to cancel a few days, I do believe they charge you a fee. It is my understanding, that any changes, or cancellation AFTER the 45 day point there are fee's involved.

I think there is detailed info on this subject on allears, or mousesavers. You could always call and ask a CM, but I'm sure others will clarify if that is wrong.

I booked the package and had to pay a $200.00 deposit immediately, then you have the option of when and how much you want to pay, so long as the entire balance is paid at the 45 day point. Mine is paid off, and personally, I'd suggest you pay the balance well before the 45 day point. Not that you get anything by paying it off early, but I've seen post where others didn't pay until the 45 day mark, or maybe it was a day later and the package was cancelled. I wouldn't take the chance of being a day late!!!

But, anyway, yes, if you check out of the resort, it is also my understanding that dining ends that day. Good Luck!!

wendypooh said:
I was just reading through, and well, I'm confused!!!! LOL

I think msbegin, maybe you posted that on the wrong thread.... :confused3
OR maybe I haven't had enough coffee?? LOL

Oops... well, I wish I could blame it on the coffee, but I don't drink coffee.... just trying to multi task and my screens are overloaded!!! Sorry about that!

It made me laugh.......... so that's always good!!! I just thought I'd missed something..... LOL

I can't multi - task........ so you are way ahead of me!!! You know those people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time.......... well, your looking at her!!!! LOL

I didn't mean to sound offensive, I just thought it was funny!!!!

Have a great weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter