P90x

Hi all! New to the thread!

I just started P90X on Monday. Normally work out in the mornings, but today was not a normal day, so legs and ab ripper will be tonight. Following the nutrition plan (though I did cheat last night and have the rest of my nieces mcdonald's french fries from he rhappy meal) and am already seeing results. Haven't really seen any weight loss, but have clothes that fit better already.

Legs and arms aren't quite as bad as they were earlier in the week. Yoga sucks and it is my least favorite day. My sister and I are doing it together (we live together) and both have different goals. But, we're both going to stick it out the 90 days and then take a week off (for a trip to Australia) and then start again. We have a disney cruise in November to get ready for!

We should have our resistence bands by Monday (just ordered them online) and have been using weights and a pull up bar. It's not an in the door pull up bar, it's on our weight bench. It's not very friendly to use and it's in another room, so it makes doing the pull ups harder. We'll try the bands this week and see how that goes.

Best of luck to all of you doing the P90X!!!

Week 7 here. Just did Plyo today and am super sore in my triceps from yesterday. I am loving the way my arms are looking, years of the gym didn't do for me what this work out is doing!

First week done! Have dreaded push ups tonight, but am focusing on the positive.

Lost 1.5 inches in waist and 1 in arms already! Only 1lb lost, but that will come with time. Am sincerely in love with Kenpo and have a very love/hate relationship with yoga. Keep it up everyone!

Great to hear so many people doing well! I had been doing well with the exercise plan for several weeks and was really starting to feel stronger and healthier but over the past week or so I am feeling burned out. It is getting so hard for me to push the "start" button on the DVD player when I know I am going to be stuck there in the basement for the next 60-90 minutes. I know--bad excuse!! But I need to do what is going to work for me long term.

I do love Tony Horton and the P90X program in general. I'm thinking of getting a few shorter duration DVDs (30 minutes) and substituting those 3x week and doing a P90X workout the other 3 days a week.

Today I'm going to do the Yoga, though. Like someone else said, it's a love-hate thing!

Great to hear so many people doing well! I had been doing well with the exercise plan for several weeks and was really starting to feel stronger and healthier but over the past week or so I am feeling burned out. It is getting so hard for me to push the "start" button on the DVD player when I know I am going to be stuck there in the basement for the next 60-90 minutes. I know--bad excuse!! But I need to do what is going to work for me long term.

I do love Tony Horton and the P90X program in general. I'm thinking of getting a few shorter duration DVDs (30 minutes) and substituting those 3x week and doing a P90X workout the other 3 days a week.

Today I'm going to do the Yoga, though. Like someone else said, it's a love-hate thing!

:thumbsup2 for trying to make it work long term! I've been wondering how I'm going to feel in a few weeks when burnout starts to creep in.

I started on Saturday. I am doing the lean version and have done Core Synergistics, Cardio X, Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper X. So far I have really enjoyed the workouts. They have been varied enough that the hour goes by pretty quick. I AM dreading Yoga tonight though. I don't enjoy yoga and I don't really ever have 90 minutes of time in my day. I WILL make the time though. I can't wait to start seeing results.

I dread the yoga too, funny today is my yoga day . I am so excited as Tony Horton is filming a new P90x program as we speak. I follow him on twitter and facebook and love hearing all the updates.

I've never tried it, but Tony does have a 10-minute Trainer series that is supposed to be really great. Maybe worth checking out for those who struggle with the longer workouts

Also, I think i mentioned I am doing Tony's One On One series now and most of those workouts are on the short side. most are between 20 and 40 minutes. They tend to focus on one area of the body (for example, arms only or legs only) rather than two or more areas, but they are GREAT. I would recommend them for p90x grads, but they may be a bit tough if you haven't already gotten through p90x at least once.

Ugh! Yesterday was Yoga and I HATED it. But I did the whole thing. Thank God, I knew from reading here that it gets better after the halfway mark. I think my biggest thing is boredom and it is too time consuming. But I will do it faithfully every week to give it a chance to be as great as they claim. We shall see.

Today was day 17 for me of the "lean" program, shoulders and arms. My arms feel totally fatigued so i know I'm going to be sore tomorrow. But that is great, it means stronger muscles next time :thumbsup2
I just found P90x and Tony Horton on facebook and I love looking at the success stories that get posted, very inspirational. I also love how everyone quotes the dvds, hahaha.

I finished Week 1 and I feel great! I love sore muscles-reminds me all day of the good I am doing.
I am really enjoying P90X and so glad I took the plunge! I am looking forward to adding my running schedule into it from here on out. I did not run this week because I wanted to see how I felt on what days. And how cardio intensive it is.

Congrats to everyone on their success so far! It is awesome to read about!

Done with week 2! Starting week 3 tonight. So far no real weight loss (maybe a pound or two) but 3" lost in waist and 2" lost in upper arm. Can definitely see a difference in my face and my clothes feel much bigger. Wish the weight would go too, but it will in time.

Had my first bout with dining out and family birthday parties while on the nutrition plan for P90x this weekend. Decided on a chicken and lettuce only salad from chipotle and had a half a slice of cheese pizza and two servings of causar salad (dressing was already on so I picked the parts that looked to have gotten the least dressing). Avoided all soda, even my favorite, for the 14th day in a row. I don't even miss it most days.

All in all not an easy thing to get used to, but I am loving it.

Today is day day 25 for me and I'm in Rest week. Today was just a stretch day!! But I'm really looking forward to the Phase 2 workouts, Bring It :thumbsup2 My main focus for the next phase is to really focus on eating well. I'm trying to get my protein in lean forms and eat lots of fruits and veggies, but some days it is a struggle. I'm going to try to plan ahead more for meals and make sure the fridge is full of good choices.

I find it amazing that for the last 11 weeks that my body has been sore. I know I am pushing it during the end of the first P90X series and that is why I am sore (and it feels great by the way) but I thought the soreness would subside. I guess my muscles are confused!!!

So far I have lost over 40 pounds (Weight Watchers too!) and almost five inches in the waist.

Great program, but next go 'round is P90X "1 on 1". Looking forward to this bout of soreness.

Dave

I started the phase 2 workouts this week. So far so good. Today was yoga and I recruited my hubby to do it with me. It was so much better having a buddy! I am sore though from yesterdays chest, shoulders, and triceps. Trying to do the crane pose almost killed me :rotfl:
I'm so excited to be getting stronger and seeing my reps and weights go up! I've also graduated from doing half of my push ups on my knees, to almost all of my push ups in regular plank :cool1:
I hope everyone else is still doing good with their workouts!!

I just finished Phase 1 Adaptive and Mastery weeks. Now onto the recovery week. I am dreading double yoga this coming week. Ugh!
I know I have not lost any weight yet (only have about 7-10 to lose anyway) and I have still been eating not so wonderful anyway. But I am seeing LOTS of improvement in strength and flexibility. My 2 legged hamstring stretch has gained at least 5 inches in 3 weeks. I have already had to go out and buy heavier weights too. I examine my arms everyday in the mirror and love the toning I see. I can only imagine how great it will be after 90 days. I can't wait.

All in all, I am REALLY glad I decided to give it a try. I have watched the infomercials for years and was always intimidated, thinking it would be too intense for me. But I LOVE it and I know when I start really adding back my running mileage, I will be in the best shape of my life!

I just finished Phase 1 Adaptive and Mastery weeks. Now onto the recovery week. I am dreading double yoga this coming week. Ugh!
I know I have not lost any weight yet (only have about 7-10 to lose anyway) and I have still been eating not so wonderful anyway. But I am seeing LOTS of improvement in strength and flexibility. My 2 legged hamstring stretch has gained at least 5 inches in 3 weeks. I have already had to go out and buy heavier weights too. I examine my arms everyday in the mirror and love the toning I see. I can only imagine how great it will be after 90 days. I can't wait.

All in all, I am REALLY glad I decided to give it a try. I have watched the infomercials for years and was always intimidated, thinking it would be too intense for me. But I LOVE it and I know when I start really adding back my running mileage, I will be in the best shape of my life!

I just went out and bought a heavier set of weights too :cool1: So excited to see gains in strength. I only have a little weight to lose as well, and I'm really trying to keep tabs on my eating. Good luck with the double yoga you can do it:thumbsup2

Joining in the fun here. I just stared the p90x lean program today. I started doing the classic but thought the lean was a better fit for my overall goals. Ive lost 10 lbs since getting serious about a diet a few weeks ago and am hoping to drop another 30. I'd happy with 20, though.

My husband is in his recovery week of phase 3 and he looks amazing. He wasn't overweight to begin with. Just soft. Now he's well on his way to a six pack. He's preparing to start the Insanity series next week.

I didn't read all 7 pages but I wanted to know if anyone has done this that has A LOT to loose. I have 100 lbs to loose and wanted to know if this would be too advanced to me? Should I wait until I've lost 30 or 40 before I start it?

I have just under that amount to loose and am doing P90X. I commited to do it with my hubby as he wanted to do it (he is quite fit). If I had to do over I would do Power 90 first. Actually we are half way through the 90 days and after they are over I am going to go down to Power 90. P90X is too advanced for me at this time. There are some days I can do pretty good on the program and other days there is just no way (no cardio stamina). I would suggest start with Power 90 or even Slim in 6 to get started to build up your overall fitness before trying P90X.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter