P90x

DH is doing P90X, he started yesterday on the second set (day 31) and is sore again. I've watched the dvds - they are tough!! I got the regular P90 for myself. Like someone said so much is mental and I *know* I can't do it. I've been doing the P90 for 2 weeks and really like it. I walk every day as well, as the P90 is just over 30 minutes/day. DH has lost 12 pounds. He lost nothing the first 2 weeks and was disappointed so stopped weighing himself and as of yesterday - 12 pounds. :cool1: Also his first 30 days was stretched out to 37 days or so. :goodvibes

He uses Accelerade from GNC as a recovery drink. He was sooooo sore when he started P90X he needed my help getting his shirt on! After a few days of it I went to GNC for him and after he started taking the Accelerade and supplements he has been much much better. Coincidence in timing? Perhaps...but it's linked in his mind!;)

I recently started using the P90X recovery drink after workouts and it definitely makes a difference. I've also tried Myoplex, which worked as well, but I'm lactose intolerant, so that led to other complications...ahem!

Thanks for the thoughts on Insanity, I just picked it up this week. I've got some houseguests coming next week, so I want to wait until they leave to start the 60 day clock. I will try to get in ther fit test before they arrive though, to see what I've gotten myself into

Re: weight loss, good job to all of you who lost weight! The funny thing for me was that when I started, I was already at a pretty good weight from running, but after 6 months of P90X, I am definitely leaner, in smaller sized pants, much healthier. BUT....I'm 10 lbs HEAVIER. It will be interesting to see what happens after 60 days of Insanity.

Instead of doing the Fit Test, give Plyo Cardio Circuit a whirl. This will really show you what you have in store. The Fit Test really won't let you gauge anything at this point because the rests are much longer and you only do one movement at a time.

I have lost a bit of upper body muscle size going through this program, but I knew that was going to happen. Once I finish up with the 63 days, I will be going back to a P90X/Insanity/half-marathon training, so I can get some of that size back.

I have lost 3 lbs since starting, but like you, I was in good shape to begin with. I expected to drop about 5 lbs, but I have gained a good amount of muscle in my midsection and legs.

OK, so final tally for my first round of P90X lean (without following the diet):

19 POUNDS!!!

Ugh, it feels so awesome to be able to say that! I've now ordered the Insanity DVDs, and will be doing those as I have a trip planned for Vegas in July.... Hopefully that'll get the rest of the weight I'm looking at losing :)

OK, so final tally for my first round of P90X lean (without following the diet):

19 POUNDS!!!

Ugh, it feels so awesome to be able to say that! I've now ordered the Insanity DVDs, and will be doing those as I have a trip planned for Vegas in July.... Hopefully that'll get the rest of the weight I'm looking at losing :)

Congrats on the weight loss! Insanity will melt the rest of the goo off for sure, but I would suggest following the meal plan for that one. Just like P90X, them biggest changes come during that last phase of the program.

Thanks for the tips, Padstack, can't wait to get started

Monkey, congrats!!! Great job :goodvibes

What is the p90x lean program? I just started p90x 3 days ago. It took me a while to figure out what the heck to be doing with 12 dvds. Finally got frustrated and went to beachbodies.com and did a live chat. They e-sent me a 90 day classic schedule.

I am not hanging that pull up bar in my house. Any doorways I have are no where near a tv, and I am not putting holes in my walls for an exercise program that will most likely not last 10 years.

I think that p90x is too advanced for me as I stopped working out about a year and a half ago. Did anyone else feel that way when they started?

Thanks for posting that link. Unfortunately, when I clicked it, error message said page not found.

Tried to do a quick search on beachbodies.com website for p90x lean and couldn't come up with anything quickly.....pages of links, none of which seemed to be the lean workout schedule.

If anyone has the lean schedule, please post it.

nevermind. I googled it.

Don't you think it should be easy to find on the products own website? I shouldn't have to search 3 other boards to find their product info......

off to get my bed made so I can put my aching muscles in it to rest up for what p90x has in store for me tomorrow. My legs are starting to feel 25 pounds heavier 10 minutes into a workout, and somehow I think that's a good thing.:laughing:

If you bought the program through beachbodies or qvc, it is listed in the book that outlines that entire workout.

dh is doing P90X and doesn't use the chin up bar, he's using the resistance bands. He was using the bands from Gold's Gym brand and then got one from beachbody -he said there was a noticeable difference and the beachbody band is worth the extra money.

He thought it was very very hard, but he just did what he could and kept pressing play. ;) He's on his second 30 days now and WOW what a difference in his fitness level and energy. He probably has 20 pounds or so to lose and recently it's started coming off. Before he even lost a pound he went down a belt notch.

dh is doing P90X and doesn't use the chin up bar, he's using the resistance bands. He was using the bands from Gold's Gym brand and then got one from beachbody -he said there was a noticeable difference and the beachbody band is worth the extra money.

He thought it was very very hard, but he just did what he could and kept pressing play. ;) He's on his second 30 days now and WOW what a difference in his fitness level and energy. He probably has 20 pounds or so to lose and recently it's started coming off. Before he even lost a pound he went down a belt notch.

That is the best part about this program, the versatility. I have brought the program on the road with me and most hotel gyms do not have a pull-up bar, so I used my resistance bands instead. You still get a killer workout. I have even used lat machines in a few hotels and got the same great workout.

As with the resistance bands, if your DH wants a pull-up bar, buy the P90X bar. Do not buy the other removable bars that are on the market because they pale in comaprison. The extra $20 is well worth it IMHO.

I did the 90 day bootcamp for P90X and now I just finished INSANITY 60 day bootcamp...now I just started the Brazil Butt Lift...Love the beachbody programs!!!!!

OMG - you are crazy! Keep rockin those beachbody dvd's!!!

LOL...they are a little addictive! And I am a little OCD...I can't wait for the new Chaleane DVD series out in June...called Turbo Fire! And, INSANITY Asylum is taping now...so maybe the end of the year or next year! I will do a hybrid version until the next one comes out...because the Brazil Butt Lift is only one month (4 weeks)...:yay:

Anyone have any real before and after photos? My husband and I are thinking about doing this??? I am thinking we are crazy.

TIA Linda

I didn't take pictures...I have always been a person who works out, so before I did the dvds I would run an average of 30 miles per week...so I don't think the pictures would do it justice! LOL My measurements definitely changed!!!!

It's fun! It makes you feel great!!

No pics here either... I honestly don't feel like i look that different from pre-p90 (even though every single person I know can only comment on how different I look, have I lost weight, etc.).

But in other news, I'm starting Insanity this Monday... Ugh... gotta motivate hardcore over the weekend! I'm a little nervous for this one!!!

Which program did you like better - P90X or Insanity? I am also a runner (20-25 miles weekly), but I need to tone my core. What would you recommend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter