• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Overpopulation

PrincessKelby

Earning My Ears
So, what are your thoughts on overpopulation? I personally think that people don't really need more then two kids, because it's bad for the animals and the environment. There's already enough people, I mean if you want more then two children why not adopt?

Personally I want four kids, and I plan on having them...not adopting.
People can have as many chldren as they want.

I want as many kids as my wife wants but I am not going to be forced to watch them. But I would say around 2 is good but noone should be forced to have only a certain amount of kids...that is just totally ridiculous.

I do agree that more people should adopt. And I agree with Tom ( can I call you that? lol ) 2 is probably a good amount to have, but nobody should be forced too.

Hmm I see your view point.

I want 4 children (y'know but things change over time) not because I want to carry on my genetic train or whatever, but because I come from a big family. We have adopted people in my family too, and due to this condition I *might* have, I might not be able to have kids the natural way anyway. So what I can't have, means that I want it more.

However, limiting children to 1 child or 2 if both parents of the first child, were only children, is what China have done. I studied about that in geography, and yeah, I wouldn't say this policy should become enforced where I live..

But I understand about the whole adoption thing. It might be something I will have to end up doing anyway, so I get that totally.

In arkansas there is a family who has 18 children, which i believe is crazy.

I'm not sure if i agree with you on the less than two kids thing~ but I definitely think that adoption is AWESOME! I have two little siblings who were adopted....so that is why I definitely think adoption is awesome. I know that i want to adopt when I'm married. But here again~ I do want kids of my own too! LOL! I'm the only other child, and my two sibs are adopted.soo yeah!

If a government starts dictating how many kids I can or cannot have, I've lost all hope in humanity.
Pets are meant to be spayed/nuetered. Not humans! It is a personal choice, leave it to that.

Personally, I want 6 kids. There's not a dang thing anyone can say or do about it.
However, there is a good chance I'll end up adopting. I may be infertile from chemotherapy.

I love Kids, but I don't know if I would want more than two or three. Kids are really expensive to take care of, but people should be able to choose how many they can how without having constrictions. Just look at what happens in China. They are only allowed to have 1 child and most of the times if they have a girl they either give it up or even in the outlying parts of China they kill the baby girls. I wouldn't want to see that occur here or any other place if there were restrictions placed on the amount of kids to have.

Population control? I will remain off that ship thank you very much lol.

I do believe this world has tried a certain population control in the past and as I recall, the result was a disaster and a piece of history that should never have existed in the first place.

Humans will be humans...and will populate the Earth...who's anyone to say humans need to be restricted to how many children they reproduce? Personally, I believe overpopulation isn't a major problem. Death has its own way of control. It's the polution caused by the growing population that is taking a toll on this planet. But I'm also not a die-hard environmentalist. I say live and let live. People will be people.

I for one, want two or three kids. Maybe more, maybe even none. It's really up to the wife, if she wants to have that many. If not, we may adopt even. :p

i want to have seven kids. and im not planning on birthing all of them out of this body but i want to have most of them. i think population control is a bad thing. why should we be forced to only have two kids?? i mean there are plenty of books out there about it and what can happen. i just think htat you should be able to have as many children as you want. even if it is a lot.

The greatest form of population control is probably War. Just think about it before you get all defensive. Say country X is overpopulated and they need a way to fit all these people in country X. So they decide to attack country Y. This way if they lose, they have lost ---- amount of people and if they win they now have all the land that country Y has to move all their people into.
Now this is not the best way and probably the most inmoral way but it is a form.

I think that if you can support as many kids as you have, than its fine. But, i dont think its right to have 5 kids and than not be able to support them.

Great here we go again with another
"you should only have two or more kids"
"we're causing the Enviromental problems by having so many kids"

give me a break
i can have as many dang kids as i want.

:D

cause these threads always end well, right?:rolleyes:

limiting the number of children we are allowed to have is immoral and wrong and goes against everything free countries stand for.

if its such a big issue for you, why dont you move to china. they're just doing a wonderful job with their child police, right? how about their orphanages that are filled to capacity by poor little baby girls?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter