Over the door.....

Franco56

A PROUD VIETNAM VETERAN AND LOVER OF THE MOUSE!
Not real important, but I should get a over the door plastic
shoe holder huh? Four in our cabin, I have read these are pretty useful.
Any special place to get a cheap one? Any other little things that will make
our cruise a little smoother? Thank You Kindly! :crazy: :earsgirl: :smooth: :bounce:

We were three adults in a cat 5..never even opened the over the door shoe holder, we had more than enough space for all of us.

We found ours at walmart.

Loved ours, found it to be handy to stick small items into. Ours will be making another cruise with us.

Just returned yesterday. Our over-the-door holder was extremely useful. All the "little things" were in it and easily accessible -- sunscreen bottles, deoderant, hairspray. Made it so much easier for my family to find things, rather than constantly asking me where things were. I got ours at Target, and paid a bit more for it because it is a higher quality plastic, but I am planning to utilize it at home in my daughter's room.

we stayed in a cat 10 room -2 adults and 1 child- we loved our shoe organizer-we put all our toiletries in it and medicines we put up high- also held our shoes- i will take it on all our vacations-it was $5 at walmart. :earseek:

We loved ours! 2 adults and 2 kids and it saved all sorts of clutter all over the place. Not much room in the bathroom for things plus I stored the sunscreen, film, and all sorts of things in there too! Its the first hting I packed for our next cruise!

I've read so many posts about the over the door hanger. Is there a vanity in the bathroom?? A hook on the bathroom door? Can you leave shampoos & such in the shower? Are there dresser drawers & a closet?

I'm getting nervous that I should have one...

We took one last year and it was a huge space saver. We had 2 adults and 2 kids in one room and it held all the small stuff like hair rubberband and scrunchies, sunscreen and there was even enough room for all of our shoes.

We are taking 4 little girls this year with connecting staterooms and we're planning on picking up another one to take. Last years I picked up at Meijer's for $11 but I've found one this year at Walmart for $9 something.

They really are great space savers and organizers. A pocket for everything and everything in it's pocket.

There isn't much of a vanity in the bathrooms. Just the sink top and a very small shelf right above the sink. There are drawers available in the desk that we used like a dresser for the kids last year and we unpacked our clothes into the actual dresser and the chest.

I just got back yesterday too :guilty: and the shoe thing was great. There is room in the bathroom for stuff but someone might be in the bathroom and you need something so there it was hanging on the outside of the door. It was very handy and kept things way organized. I got mine at Target too. Good luck and have fun. We had a fabulous time!!!!! :sunny:

I got ours at Walmart and loved having it. We mainly used it for shoes (imagine that :) ) I think we also did put stuff like sunscreen in there too. Ours only cost around $5-8. I have it put away for our next cruise too.

Stupid question, but where did you find it at Wal-Mart? The reason I ask is that the ID holder that everyone talks about at Wal-Mart is found in a place that I wouldn't normally look...the jewelry department!! Thanks.

TTFN,
TiggerInNY
maria

I can't remember for sure, but I think it was where Laundry type things were. Hangers, ironing boards...

I got mine at CVS for $5.00 ~ has 24 pockets I think and it will come in handy with 5 of us. Hoping to use it for shoes too!

If you have little girls I would think this is just necessary if only to hold all their hair things. I kept everything in it & it did help us keep from misplacing something because we took it out, used it, & put it back. I also got one that is just for shoes with pockets on both sides to use in the closets for our shoes. That freed up the floor of the closet.

I found this very useful on our cruise! I put my son's things in the lower pockets and it kept everything in one place. I got it at Target for about $8. I will definitely use it for our next cruise. There was a shelf above the sink and some triangular corner shelves in the bathroom but I think the hanger is more organized! Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise! :flower:

Just got my OTD shoe holder at target today...$5.99. Saw the shoe holder to hang in the closet, Lisa, but wasn't sure how big the closets were and if it would take up too much space. But now that I know it works well, I'll have to pick up one of those too! :flower:

Is the over the door shoe holder the one that has around 24 clear pockets? Is there a different types of hooks/hangers? I don't want to get the wrong one and find out that it won't fit over the door nicely......TIA!

they have the shoe holders at the dollar store as well- maybe not as good quality as walmart but will do the job- once vacation is over i leave shoe holder in room no need to take back home (only cost a buck) :)

We kept the bathroom stuff in the bathroom but used ours for all the other stuff! Film, cameras, KTW when not using them, sunscreen, etc......!
Would NOT want to be without it! :sunny:
I also leave mine there when the cruise is over! We offer it to our cabin steward if they'd like it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter