Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

So, let's just start with say that I ordered my dress on Saturday!!! :cool1:

It should be in by Christmas, which means I will finally get to try it on where it actually zips up (the sample is 6 sizes too small). I won't start fittings for a year at that point, but it's mine, and the shop is storing it for me. :goodvibes

That said, I will be posting pictures of the first and second runner up dresses (as well as the pics I can find of any other dress I tried on in the last two years), just to show you the journey to 'the dress.'

I also now have a shoe dilemma (thank you, DSW :rotfl:).

I bought theses lovely little babies in March:
theshoes.jpg

I like them a lot. They are comfortable to walk and stand in, they have a slight heel, and they were strappy. The only thing I didn't like was that the ankle strap isn't as solid to the shoe as I had hoped.

Que, this find:
dashoes.jpg

These, I love! They are just as comfortable (if not more so), and the heel is slightly higher. They also look dressier. Only downside: I ordered them a size too small. :rolleyes: So, thanks to free exchanges, I'll be sending them back for a size up later this week.

I'm still not 100% sure which ones I'm going with, though I'm leaning toward the second pair.

I also scored a sale on favor boxes at Walmart last week. They had boxes of 50 2x2x2 favor boxes on sale for $14. They're normally $19. And, they were in my color! I bought two, and now I have a damn good excuse to keep the at-home reception guest list to 100. :rolleyes1

More posts to come!

I seem to be a little behind! I'm all caught up now though!! You will LOVE getting the massage and being pampered! I'm going the second day we arrive before all the guests get there--it'll prime me for family dramatics :laughing: DF didn't really want to go, instead he wanted to do the Wild Africa Jungle Trek (which I don't want to do) so it should be fun!! Our budget is creeping up too, lol... I've started to cut corners and kind of realize that we should do some special things for us, but we can always come back instead of cramming it all into one trip!!

I love the second pair of shoes!! Very cute.

Did I see that you're going down in November?? Will you be at F/W on the 10th?? We're heading there as soon as we arrive! Maybe we'll see you???

Did I see that you're going down in November?? Will you be at F/W on the 10th?? We're heading there as soon as we arrive! Maybe we'll see you???

I wish!

We're getting married in November now. I don't think I'll be at Disney again until we do our planning session in June 2013. :sad1: I'm going to try and get DF down there before then, but we might not have the financial capability. Oh well. A girl can dream!

Oohhh it seems I missed a little too! I've never had a massage, but I think you two will have an absolutely fabulous time. Sure, it's kinddddd of an expensive day (shhhhh) but it will be worth it and, above all, memorable!

I also like the second pair of shoes a lot, and congratulations on ordering your dress!

I wish!

We're getting married in November now. I don't think I'll be at Disney again until we do our planning session in June 2013. :sad1: I'm going to try and get DF down there before then, but we might not have the financial capability. Oh well. A girl can dream!

i'm losing it... it was someone else... maybe i should go get some coffee :rotfl: :lmao: don't mind me :rolleyes1

I just found your planning journal and I'm SO glad I did! You are literally my twin! I'm hyper-organized and also getting married in 2013, but we're getting married at Disneyland. Just like you, I have so much planned already and it comforts me to know that I'm not the only one. I just got the guts to start my own PJ this week! I'm excited to follow along with you, and I'm sure that since you have your date all figured out now that things will fall right into place. I love your idea of the couples massage post wedding night. I'm trying to talk my DF into staying in the Fairytale Suite at DL because I want to be a princess for a day too! You might as well go all out for your wedding!

I try not to rant on here, but work has been hell, and I need to get this one out. But, it's actually a good rant (if it's not possible, it is now). Plus, it's actually wedding related.

So, as my followers know, I got my shoes. Yay!

I also ordered my dress measured to said shoes. Yay!

But, said shoes were a size too small. Aww.

So, I sent them back. This was the fun part. The closest store is 38 miles away from where I live. The closest store to where I work is 42 miles. Ok, we're going with the return label. Ha! The closest return location to home: 36 miles. To work: 34 miles. So, I sucked it up, took 2 hours off of work, and drove to the shipping center.

They get them two days later, as promised, and send me an email saying they got them. Whew!

Yesterday at lunch time, I got an email saying they had place my replacement order FOR THE SAME SIZE I just sent back. I called immediately, got a wonderful lady, and she emailed the shipping department to try and stop the order so we could change the size and reorder. She said to call back after 5:00.

I couldn't call until after 7:00. I figured it would be ok. Nope! They closed at 7:00 eastern time. I'm on central. Damn. So, I called again this morning, got another wonderful lady, and she emailed them again.

I got an email about 30 minutes ago saying the order had shipped. Ugh! I did not want to have to go through the exchange process again. So, I logged into my bank account, and the shipping credit never came back. I checked my DSW account, and sure enough, the credit never got refunded.

I called again, and got yet another wonderful lady, briefly explained the situation, and asked about the credit. She looked at my account, and said the credits were there, they just hadn't been refunded yet. I should get them in the next day or two. Whew!

I then asked her about the size thing, and she went to look for the return invoice and would call me back. She called back in less than 10 minutes to tell me that (in my haste as I filled out the return info fast because I wanted my shoes) I had put down the incorrect size. :headache:

But, bless her heart, she put a big note on my account so when I send these ones back they will (hopefully) expedite the shipping back to me so I can get them sooner. She said it was worth a try for a bride. :goodvibes

These guys get a *super A++* for customer service. And, for ridiculously comfortable shoes!

This is why I do things so darn early.

Until next time. princess:

Gah! Shoes can cause so much drama, huh? I'm glad everything got worked out--- and that the customer service was so good! I've experienced so much bad CS lately that I am so thankful for good stuff.

Gah! Shoes can cause so much drama, huh? I'm glad everything got worked out--- and that the customer service was so good! I've experienced so much bad CS lately that I am so thankful for good stuff.

DSW has the cornerstone on great customer service. I think they've swiped the allotment from other places. . . .:laughing:

I was just super excited to find a super comfy shoe that didn't aggravate my back or knee.

Just caught up on your PJ and now I feel like I am so unorganised compared to you hehe! We are planning a May 2013 wedding, possibly the 14th but I am yet to start a PJ. All we know is we want to get married at GF and watch Wishes on our wedding night so thinking DP at Sago Cay or maybe a later reception at the Napa Room so we can watch from there.

Can I call DFTW now and get a price list then or do I need to wait until 16 month mark? Love your invites and the plans for your first day as Mr and Mrs!!! Will keep up to date with you, off to subscribe now :)

Just caught up on your PJ and now I feel like I am so unorganised compared to you hehe! We are planning a May 2013 wedding, possibly the 14th but I am yet to start a PJ. All we know is we want to get married at GF and watch Wishes on our wedding night so thinking DP at Sago Cay or maybe a later reception at the Napa Room so we can watch from there.

Can I call DFTW now and get a price list then or do I need to wait until 16 month mark? Love your invites and the plans for your first day as Mr and Mrs!!! Will keep up to date with you, off to subscribe now :)

I am a hyper-planner. About the only thing I don't plan are vacations (then the timeline of the day revolves around a parade, or stage show, or fastpasses).

I called at the two-year mark of our original date and got a consultant to barrage with questions. You can always call now. I would suggest getting Carrie's DFTW Guidebook. It has been such a life-saver!

As far I know, you can call at 18 months to 'pencil' your date, and then at 12 months you can call back and confirm.

Just joining your PJ! I love all your plans!!

Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! I haven't been working on the wedding a whole lot recently. So far out and not enough time at the moment.

I'm hoping to get some free time soon to post pictures of what I've collected. :goodvibes

Thank you! I haven't been working on the wedding a whole lot recently. So far out and not enough time at the moment.

I'm hoping to get some free time soon to post pictures of what I've collected. :goodvibes

Yay! You have re-appeared! :)

We miss you!

Yay! You have re-appeared! :)

We miss you!

Awww, I miss you ladies, too. I've been really busy with work and trying to interview for a new job.

I have a bunch of stuff sitting around my apartment, some of which I've had since last summer, but I just haven't posted the pictures yet. A few of them are DIYs that I haven't gotten a chance to start.

I hope to get photos up as soon as things calm down. Look for me to come back to my PJ around October or November.

I've been following along with your PJ for a while now, but I just realized I've not yet commented on it. I love all the planning you've done so far, and I'm looking forward to reading more! Sorry to hear about all the hassle you had to go through to get your shoes straightened out, but it's fantastic that they handled everything so well!

A little wedding update: I went to a bridal show on Sunday with my parents (one on boats, mind you), and I think I found us a baker for our at-home reception. I also dropped it on my mom that I wanted the traditional, fancy cake at home. She said, if I had enough people, to do what I wanted. W00t! :cool1:

I will post photos from the bridal show later. They had some pretty awesome stuff. It was in Lake Geneva, WI, so any of my ladies in the area (or anyone wanting ideas) can scan through them. :goodvibes

In non-wedding news, I didn't say anything before because I didn't want to jinx it, but . . .

I got the job!

I have been waiting and interviewing for six weeks, and I finally got the call yesterday. I'm sad to leave my current office, but I'm super excited for this position. It's just across campus, so I can still visit, but it also means I'll be a bit busier through the week for about the next month learning new things.

I will post bridal show photos later this week, possibly this weekend.

A little wedding update: I went to a bridal show on Sunday with my parents (one on boats, mind you), and I think I found us a baker for our at-home reception. I also dropped it on my mom that I wanted the traditional, fancy cake at home. She said, if I had enough people, to do what I wanted. W00t! :cool1:

I will post photos from the bridal show later. They had some pretty awesome stuff. It was in Lake Geneva, WI, so any of my ladies in the area (or anyone wanting ideas) can scan through them. :goodvibes

In non-wedding news, I didn't say anything before because I didn't want to jinx it, but . . .

I got the job!

I have been waiting and interviewing for six weeks, and I finally got the call yesterday. I'm sad to leave my current office, but I'm super excited for this position. It's just across campus, so I can still visit, but it also means I'll be a bit busier through the week for about the next month learning new things.

I will post bridal show photos later this week, possibly this weekend.

Congrats Tammy! That's awesome!!! :D

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter