Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

i was wondering when we'd see an update :)

i understand how it feels to have to wait... i don't like it :( trust me, when you start to try to let it go... time moves quick!! i'm feeling the same way about you with weight and ordering a dress. it's a tough situation! i would go ahead and order it and have it altered later :)

i was wondering when we'd see an update :)

i understand how it feels to have to wait... i don't like it :( trust me, when you start to try to let it go... time moves quick!! i'm feeling the same way about you with weight and ordering a dress. it's a tough situation! i would go ahead and order it and have it altered later :)

At least I still have an audience of one. :)

I just started back on my exercise plan yesterday (30 minutes a morning), and only made it through ten before I thought I was going to pass out. That's spending two weeks straight eating anything and everything I wanted (thanks to graduation, Memorial Day, and my birthday). I made it 18 minutes this morning. Hopefully, I can keep this up.

Good luck with the weight loss--- but you'll look beautiful on your wedding day no matter what! :)

That's always DF's opinion, bless his heart. He even bought me a WiiFit last year for Christmas to help.

My goal is only 25lbs, or just enough to get people to quit asking me when I'm due. Genetic curse of the family; all women gain in their tummies. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the weight loss! You will look beautiful regardless!
And I started my "wedding diet" June 1st. They are no fun! And I'm so lazy, I really dislike working out! :laughing:

I just caught up with your PJ and I think everything looks great. It really seems unique and personal which is what a wedding should be! I know you had some issues with your date but I think Nov. 7 is a great wedding date-- we'll share an anniversary! :)

Ugh, the dreaded wedding diet. I just started couting calories myself. I'm loving the fatsecret calorie counting app (on my droid), it lets me scan barcodes of the foods I eat and many have their calories already programmed in. It makes calorie counting easy and since I loathe excercise calorie counting is my only option!

I hate that feeling when you want to plan and get things going but you really can't… hopefully things will pick up soon. Congrats on the new job and good luck with your weight loss goals. It is really helpful to have a supportive DH (which it sounds like yours is!) my DH is always there telling me how great I look, no matter how I feel about myself lol

Good luck with the weight loss! You will look beautiful regardless!
And I started my "wedding diet" June 1st. They are no fun! And I'm so lazy, I really dislike working out! :laughing:

I started mine super early because I knew I would cheat. I figured the worst that could happen was that I was more faithful that projected and lost more weight. :lmao:

I just caught up with your PJ and I think everything looks great. It really seems unique and personal which is what a wedding should be! I know you had some issues with your date but I think Nov. 7 is a great wedding date-- we'll share an anniversary! :)

I have to check out your PJ now. :) I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to anything wedding (hence why I'm usually on decorating crew for friends' weddings). I know exactly what I want.

I also like stalking the PJs of weddings when I want mine. It gives me a great idea of what my photos will look like.

Ugh, the dreaded wedding diet. I just started couting calories myself. I'm loving the fatsecret calorie counting app (on my droid), it lets me scan barcodes of the foods I eat and many have their calories already programmed in. It makes calorie counting easy and since I loathe excercise calorie counting is my only option!

I attempted counting calories, and I gave up after a few days. I went the easier, longer-time-to-reach-the-goal route of just controlling portion size and eating more fruits and vegies. Good luck with it! :upsidedow

I hate that feeling when you want to plan and get things going but you really can't… hopefully things will pick up soon. Congrats on the new job and good luck with your weight loss goals. It is really helpful to have a supportive DH (which it sounds like yours is!) my DH is always there telling me how great I look, no matter how I feel about myself lol

He always comments on how good he thinks I look in something, even if I think I look horrid. He's great for the self-esteem. :goodvibes

Thanks ladies. It's nice to know I have so many people who can relate. And, people still following. I'll be sure to keep you all updated when things start to happen. :grouphug:

I'm having one of those daunting days with the budget. I just recalculated flight, car rental, and hotel costs since those have gone up since I did our last budget in January. It increased the budget by about $2k!

:headache::headache::headache:

We also currently have about 10% of the money saved, a.k.a. enough to cover the deposit. This is why I'm glad I have so long to save. DF and I could never make it in short notice. Granted, the budget for the whole shebang is slightly less than one year of take-home pay for him, we have bills, too. Thank god for time.

Oh, financial woes. I'm glad mine are more comfortable than most of the people I know. :guilty:

DF and I also had a conversation about health insurance (dun dun duuuun). My position I have is only temporary, so I don't get benefits. I can only stay on my parent's until next May when I turn 26. And, I can't go on his health insurance unless we're legally married. So, I am faced with high premiums (I have a few pre-existing conditions with expensive meds).

His solution (bless his heart), was to get a marriage certificate so I can get on his insurance because they cover almost everything under the sun. He made me smile, and I calmly explained that that would make it a vow renewal instead of a wedding and I didn't want a courthouse ceremony. I also brought out my feelings about having two weddings and how my family would likely bail if it was ceremony #2. He got my angle, and then (as he always does) said he would help pay for it if I couldn't do it myself. He's such an angel. :littleangel:

As the situation stands, I'm going to approach them about making me permanent, or applying for the position if it comes to it. If it won't work by April, I'm going to have to look elsewhere for work. I'd rather not leave because i know everything and almost everything, but I have to do what's best for me.

Don't mind the babbles. I just wanted to get that out.

That's always DF's opinion, bless his heart. He even bought me a WiiFit last year for Christmas to help.

My goal is only 25lbs, or just enough to get people to quit asking me when I'm due. Genetic curse of the family; all women gain in their tummies. :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh! I have the same problem with the weight gain in the belly and so I always get the "when are you due?" and I need to lose the same amount of weight too around 25lbs. I'm getting into crunch time and I still haven't found my motivation. W-T-H?!? HAHAHA. I'm sure i"ll kick myself into gear soon enough.

Oh and as for waiting, I remember when I was as far out as you and I know it seems like a really long time but it does go fairly quickly.

Go ahead and start those DIY project, later on you'll be glad you did because then you won't have to rush and stress when you have a million things to do and no time to do them in :hug:

I've been trying to get back into the habit of exercising every morning, but it's not going so well. Here is a taste of my day:

4:30am - alarm goes off...snooze...
5:00am - get out of bed, wake-up, make coffee, shower, eat breakfast, check e-mail, get dressed
6:30am - drive to work
7:45am - work
4:30pm - drive home from work
6:00pm - dinner and tv
7:00pm - dishes, laundry, check e-mail, call mom, put on pajamas
9:00pm - bed time

It seems like I should have time somewhere to work out for 30 minutes, but it's just not happening. I probably shouldn't snooze the alarm . . . :rotfl: Oh well.

I need some motivation. Until I find some weight-loss motivation, I did have a stroke of creativity for our Save the Dates!

Front:
std.jpg

Back:
stdbackpost.jpg

The only differences are that the text on the front is going to be in the same pink as the back, the pink text of the back will be in the Disney font, and we'll have our favorite engagement picture in the white box on the back. I also need to make the pink a little darker so you can read it better.

I printed a mock yesterday to show to DF, and he really liked it. I was going to print them on cardstock on our printer at home, but if I can get a groupon or livingsocial deal before next October, I may go that route instead.

Speaking of engagement pictures, we're going on vacation in October, and we've booked and anniversary/engagement session with a great local photographer. We're still going to have our friend take our official engagement photos next fall (or this one, weather and time permitting), but we wanted to have a back-up plan.

First off, I love the STDs! So cute! :)

Second--- don't worry so much about losing weight! Just try to get healthy. You do, after all, have plenty of time. I wanted to lose some weight, but then I bought my dress, and now I don't want to lose because I don't want to do a ton of alterations! So I'm just trying to exercise and be healthy. And I do NOT blame you for not getting up in the morning and exercising--- 4:30 is EARLY!!!

I couldn't find time to exersize so I combined my TV watching and exersizing. I bought a stepper for $40 and I do that while watching TV (usually my daily episode of SYTTD) ;) for 30 minutes a day. By doing that and using a free calorie tracker on my iphone, I lost 10 pounds before my cruise. But I agree with the AP - it's not just about losing weight, but how you feel.

Check out Vistaprint. You could get those super cute STDs printed on the cheap. I just ordered our STD magnets through them and they came out great.

So, I just found myself a bit of motivation to at least exercise and try to start losing a bit of weight . . .

I'm ordering my dress on July 16th! :cool1:

I just got off the phone with the shop, and I have decided to meet my mom there (we both have to drive since I moved) and buy my baby.

If I can trim a pound or two by then: awesome. If not: oh well. At least it can be my reminder to myself to not snooze from 4:30-5:00am. :rotfl:

Just joining in ...

I am so impressed with your planning and how much you have done already. I thought I was a head but no... in reality I am not! LOL...

Congrats on the weight lose! I am in the weight lose boat too... If you are looking to continue to loose weight and need a little help i have a little suggestion that has helped me. This will only work if you have smart phone. The application is called Noom and it is WONDERFUL.

You tell it how much you want to loose, and it tells you how many calories you can eat a day and how much exercising you need to do every week. You log your food (they make it simple, similar to weight watchers but without points) and you log your exercising. Its fun and helps keep you focused on it. Oh and the best part... ITS FREE!

Okay that is all from me for now.. wait no... I think your STDs are adorable. And I LOVE your ring! Power to the colored center stone girls! ;-) :rotfl2:

Just joining in ...

I am so impressed with your planning and how much you have done already. I thought I was a head but no... in reality I am not! LOL...

Congrats on the weight lose! I am in the weight lose boat too... If you are looking to continue to loose weight and need a little help i have a little suggestion that has helped me. This will only work if you have smart phone. The application is called Noom and it is WONDERFUL.

You tell it how much you want to loose, and it tells you how many calories you can eat a day and how much exercising you need to do every week. You log your food (they make it simple, similar to weight watchers but without points) and you log your exercising. Its fun and helps keep you focused on it. Oh and the best part... ITS FREE!

Okay that is all from me for now.. wait no... I think your STDs are adorable. And I LOVE your ring! Power to the colored center stone girls! ;-) :rotfl2:

Thanks for joining!

I am the crazy planner, and I like to have things done early because I HATE last minute rushes....:rotfl:

I actually don't have a smartphone :-)gasp!:), but I am getting one soon. I may have to check out that app.

Just a quick note:

DF has very simple taste, and he prefers things to be practical, utilitarian, and uncomplicated. Boy, does he have his hands full with me sometimes . . . :rotfl:

I always like to present what I want as a question when I think he won't go with it. He has surprised me many times with agreeing to things that are outside his usual tastes, mainly, a Disney wedding (and, the occasional piece of antique furniture).

Let me just note that I can have a good, reined-in taste when the need arises, but sometimes I just jump head first into the lavish pool. I have always wanted to really be treated like a real princess (not that DF doesn't do a good job), but I want one day where I can supremely pampered and feel like royalty.

DF agreed to stay at the Grand Floridian the night before and night of our wedding. That was step #1 in my master plan to be a princess for a day. Steps #2 and #3 came from some careful planning, research, and 100% from other areas of the DISboards. Mainly, the Grand Floridian sections.

I have never been to a spa, nor have I ever received a massage above DF's always-welcome 15-minute mostly-just-a-hard-back-scratch ones before he falls asleep. I have attempted to go to a professional before, but I always save the money for something else (the same goes with a manicure and pedicure, but those will happen when I need some super-de-stressing some time soon).

I got this brilliant plan to have a couple's massage at the GF spa the day after our wedding. We already decided to just lounge about that day and simply enjoy each other's company. I thought this would be perfect. I find the site, scroll down, and . . . *gasp* . . . $275 for 50 minutes. Take a deep breath and write it down.

Then, I thought, ok let's eat at Victoria and Albert's for dinner that night. It would be the most expensive place we have and ever will eat, and it will likely only happen once. I figured why not the night after we get married? I find the menu, read through the items, have to look some of them up (a successful endeavour thanks to the dining reviews forum), and look at the price . . . $125 per person (not including tax, gratuity, wine/alcohol, or any add-ons). Not as bad at I expected, but still a lot.

I figured $350 for the meal at V&A's plus about $300 for the massage (I like to tip if they let me). So, that's another $650 onto the budget. After having just updated flights, hotel (to add the GF for two nights), car rental, extending the honeymoon by 3 days, and the rise in annual passes (for my parents). That out the total additions for one day to over $5k, bringing the estimated budget up to $33.5k for the whole shebang.

To me, even though I knew it would be high, I was a bit shocked that it would be so much. Especially since we had done some cutting and changing to bring the price down to just over $28k the week before. I honestly thought he would have a heart attack when I approached him about another $650.

I sucked it up and just told him my plan last night. I said I wanted to do something really special the day after the wedding. I told him I wanted to do massages in the afternoon and go to V&A's that night. I showed him the menu and told him the cost. A few moments of silence while he mulled it over . . .

His response: "That sounds like a really special way to celebrate our first day married." He agrees it will be totally worth the cost to do it. He also said it would be really fun to get dressed up and eat in a super-expensive restaurant. I love that man! :love:

First off, I love the STDs! So cute! :)

Second--- don't worry so much about losing weight! Just try to get healthy. You do, after all, have plenty of time. I wanted to lose some weight, but then I bought my dress, and now I don't want to lose because I don't want to do a ton of alterations! So I'm just trying to exercise and be healthy. And I do NOT blame you for not getting up in the morning and exercising--- 4:30 is EARLY!!!

I agree with doombuggy completely. Focus on being healthy and the rest will fall into place. I had the same problem as she as far as buying the dress and trying to avoid crazy alteration charges! Stay positive everything will turn out:thumbsup2

Oh and the STDs are amazing they turned out really well:)

His response: "That sounds like a really special way to celebrate our first day married." He agrees it will be totally worth the cost to do it. He also said it would be really fun to get dressed up and eat in a super-expensive restaurant. I love that man! :love:

Love this!!

All in all, I spent a lot more than I initially thought- not on the wedding, but on incidentals- gifts for the bridal party, planning trip, honeymoon, etc. It was worth every penny. The only things I would change are to add more. There is nothing I regret spending money on from my wedding. I would rather bring lunch from home and make my own coffee in the morning and not have cable or a data plan on my cell phone, etc. than to miss out on something I wanted for my wedding or honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter