our truly magical 1st cruise... April 26 Eastern Caribbean

Great TR.....but it almost looks like the ship was empty in your pictures, I don't think that the kid's pool was ever empty, except when I took my early morning walks...:goodvibes

che

Kay - I'm so glad yall had a great time!!! I really really missed not being on the cruise last week week with everyone.

By the way I see your ticket is set once again, what date are yall sailing next time?

Love your photos! It's like reliving our cruise experience reading your post. We did Tea with Alice on Sunday as well. Our DD was the hare chosen to go up front and got scared by the Mad Hatter's loud talking and pounding on the table.

Keep the post coming!

ohhh, I remember her! What a cutie! I felt bad for her, she looked really scared.

Great TR.....but it almost looks like the ship was empty in your pictures, I don't think that the kid's pool was ever empty, except when I took my early morning walks...:goodvibes

che

I took those right after embarkation, the pools were pretty empty then. I also took quite a few pictures very early in the morning. I woke up early every day, went up to deck 9 for coffee and walked around the ship! You can take pictures of an almost empty ship that way! :thumbsup2

Kay - I'm so glad yall had a great time!!! I really really missed not being on the cruise last week week with everyone.

By the way I see your ticket is set once again, what date are yall sailing next time?

We rebooked for December 12, 2009 Western! Soooo far away still!

Your trip report is great! Thank you for sharing it with us.

How early did you get up? I am not an early morning person but I would love to get some good pics!

Thanks

Your trip report is great! Thank you for sharing it with us.

How early did you get up? I am not an early morning person but I would love to get some good pics!

Thanks

I usually woke up at around 6am, showered and then headed upstairs by about 6:30 or 6:45am. I am not normally a morning person either but on vacation I always get up early. I enjoy this time to myself before my family wakes up.

Kay
One thing you forgot to mention - remember the dolphin we saw just after passing the jetties? I told you we'd see a dolphin and I delivered!

OK, OK, I paid that dolphin 3 fish to make an appearance. :rotfl:

Day 2 Day at Sea and Formal Night

My alarm went off at 6am, I got up at 6:15, showered and headed up to the Cove Cafe while everyone else was still asleep. By the time I got up there the sun had just risen, and it was beautiful and warm out. Seas were considered rough with swells between 8 - 13 feet pretty much all day, but we barely felt it. I guess we got used to it. I had a mocha and sat in one of those big loungers in the quiet cove looking out at sea. It was so nice and relaxing. Then I walked all around deck 9 and 10, took some pictures
while most everyone was still asleep, it was nice and quiet. :cloud9:

DisneyCruise323.jpg

DisneyCruise325.jpg

DisneyCruise327.jpg

I went down to deck 4 and walked a lap around it, and then headed down
to Guest Services so settle our bill from the day before. I was told that my credit card was charged already and that it would get charged when the bill reaches $400. I was thinking "WHAT?? No way we already spent $400" :scared1: I asked for a printout and my eyes went to the total balance right away which was over $1,000!! I quickly realized that they already charged for the St. Maarten and St. Thomas excursions. Whew! That was a relief!

I headed back to the stateroom and read the Navigator for today while I waited for everyone to wake up, which was around 9am. Everyone got dressed and we headed up to Topsiders for breakfast. It was so good. Josh ate so much, since he barely ate the night before (remember he fell asleep at dinner!).

DisneyCruise337.jpg

The kids decided they wanted to check out the kids clubs. We never got around to do so the day before, it was just too much the first day. Josh headed to Ocean Quest, and we were informed that Kaylee's age group at the lab was up at World of Sports on Deck 10, so we took her up there
and checked her in. Alan and I walked around and explored the ship for a while, then headed down the the shops to shop for a bit without the kids. Kaylee ended up paging us after a while to pick her up so we did. She wanted to go in the goofy pool. We went back to the room so she could change and headed up. We found 2 lounge chairs right in the front and Kaylee went to swim while Alan and I had a drink. I had the drink of the day which was Deep Sea Blue, which was ok. After a while Josh paged us to
let us know he left Ocean Quest and was heading to the room. He had check out priviliges under the condition that we always know where he's at and that he is to pages us everytime he checks in or out and where he is headed. I knew he wasn't going to stay in the room, so I headed down there to meet him. Turns out he wanted to go swimming too, so we both went back up to the Goofy pool again. We just basically hung out there all afternoon, atesome wraps and fresh fruit at Goofy's Galley. :beach: Kaylee took pictures with Max and Goofy while there.

DisneyCruise343.jpg

DisneyCruise345.jpg

Josh got tired at some point, I think around 2pm and went back to the room to take a nap. The rest of us headed down at around 3:15. Kaylee and I had tickets for Tea with Alice and the Madhatter. I took a quick shower to get the sticky sunscreen off me, and while I was doing that, Kaylee took a nap on the couch. We headed up to Studio Sea for the tea. This turned out to be a really nice and fun event which lasted about half an hour or so. We had our picture done with Alice and the Madhatter then headed back down to our stateroom to get ready for formal night.

DisneyCruise346.jpg

DisneyCruise351.jpg

We wanted to be in the Atrium a little early for formal night pictures. We had pictures done with Captain Tom and another backdrop of the Magic and then the kids alone in front of yet another backdrop. I will scan in all the Shutters pictures later. Dinner tonight was at Lumiere's which was perfect since we were all dressed up. I really wanted to try Escargot, so I ordered that, and also a shrimp appetizer, incase I did not care for the Escargot. I ended up loving it. Alan tried a piece and Kaylee ate 2 pieces, so Dobi brought out another plate for us. The shrimp appetizer was delicous too. I had Tomato and Basil soup, and then a Halibut entree. Don't remember the exact names
of everything, sorry. For desert, I had creme Brulet. I forgot that Dobi said the night before that we'd be celebrating my birthday tonight, so when they came out singing and bringing a birthday cake I was so full, I could hardly stuff the thing in. But I managed ;)

DisneyCruise355.jpg

DisneyCruise357.jpg

see the Bahama Mama? :rotfl:

DisneyCruise358.jpg

escargot

DisneyCruise362.jpg

Kaylee and her dessert

DisneyCruise363.jpg

Josh discovering the Mickey bar! :mickeybar :banana:

DisneyCruise364.jpg

birthday cake. It was delicious. We had another one in the room that came with the birthday package that we never touched and eventually had Marilyn take. What a shame :(

We went back to the stateroom to change into more comfortable clothes after dinner, and went back up to the Walt Disney theater. Tonight was the Golden Mickey Show which we absolutely loved!! We all went this time, noone was too tired for the show, which was nice. After the show we did more shopping and then headed back to the room. Marilyn turned down our beds and tonight's towel animal was an elephant!

DisneyCruise368.jpg

I was thirsty so Alan and I went up to the drink station on deck 9. I got a soft drink and hot tea. :drinking1 There is a good selection of tea bags up there. We also decided that we all wanted a late night snack so we ordered room service. I could definitely get used to that :) Everyone stayed up until almost midnight which was late for us on this cruise. We were usually in bed by no later than 11.

tomorrow... another day at sea and Palo Brunch!

Kay
One thing you forgot to mention - remember the dolphin we saw just after passing the jetties? I told you we'd see a dolphin and I delivered!

OK, OK, I paid that dolphin 3 fish to make an appearance. :rotfl:

:lmao: :rotfl: is that why there was only ONE? Usually they come in groups. Maybe all the others couldn't be bothered by 3 fish!

Yes, folks, we did see a dolphin, which was really fun and only added to the excitement! :banana:

Thanks for the great trip report so far. This is making me so excited for our first cruise!

LOVING your trip report! Thanks so much for taking the time to share it all with us!

Great so far! Love all the pics and your writing style is like mine, lots of booze talk :rolleyes1 ...... Keep it coming!~

thanks for all the nice comments everyone! It's nice reliving our vacation!

Great report, I absolutely love all the pictures! Nothing better than a picture story book.

I'm really enjoying this - especially all of the photos! I'm thinking I'll actually have to get up early to get some of the great shots you did!

Keep it coming! Our trip isn't until Dec.'09, so I'm living vicariously through the trip reports! Love the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter