our truly magical 1st cruise... April 26 Eastern Caribbean

I will have my next installment up soon. :thumbsup2

CruisinEars, my last installment was St. Thomas. We didn't actually spend a lot of time ON St. Thomas, since our excursion took us to Tortola, but St. Thomas was beautiful!! I could definitely see us spending a week or vacation there. Between St. Maarten and St. Thomas, St. Thomas was by far the more beautiful island! :lovestruc

I"m really enjoying your trip report!! Such great pictures!! Your family sure looked like you all were having a magical time!!

I have a couple of questions for you. We are on the 2nd sailing of DCL stopping AT TORTOLA. I had never even heard of this before. I would be VERY interested in any info you may have regarding your dolphin experience tour. It may be something we'd like to do!

Also...do you mind if I use a picture or two of your Tortola pictures for my webpage for our dis cruise group. (just the ones of the island itself and the view?)

Can't wait to read more about your trip!!

I"m really enjoying your trip report!! Such great pictures!! Your family sure looked like you all were having a magical time!!

I have a couple of questions for you. We are on the 2nd sailing of DCL stopping AT TORTOLA. I had never even heard of this before. I would be VERY interested in any info you may have regarding your dolphin experience tour. It may be something we'd like to do!

Also...do you mind if I use a picture or two of your Tortola pictures for my webpage for our dis cruise group. (just the ones of the island itself and the view?)

Can't wait to read more about your trip!!

I have more pictures of Tortola in my flickr album here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/disneymom/sets/72157605168846314/ From the dolphin pictures on up until my son sleeping on the ferry on the way back to St. Thomas are all Tortola. Feel free to take whatever you like. If you click on a picture you will have the option up on the top to click "all sizes" and you can choose a bigger size to save.

The dolphin encounter was very very nice. The facilities were very clean and the staff very friendly. It was an expensive excursion for the 4 of us to take, but it's one of those once in a lifetime things. My kids still talk about this and will for a long time. Just the smiles on their faces while in the water with the dolphin was priceless and worth every penny! :lovestruc It may be cheaper for you since the Magic will dock in Tortola and you may save on not having to pay for the 1 hour ferry ride one way to and from Tortola. It will also be nice for you since you won't have to hassle with immigration. If you have any more questions other than what I have already talked about in my trip report, feel free to ask! One thing... plan on spending a ton in the gift shop there! You will not be able to turn down the pictures they take of you. We ended up saying no to the video. They also sell t-shirts that have a picture and name of YOUR dolphin on it, along with "friends forever" or something like that. Great souvie for the kids. But we ended up spending another $200 in the gift shop there. :rotfl: Just a warning... :rolleyes1

Thank you!! I'll take a look at those pictures and put it up on the site. This will help with everyones excitement!! I've been trying to find some good pictures of Tortola.

The dolphing experience sounds amazing!!! And I can see spending a lot of money on the pictures and other items there!! What is the name of the place that you went to for this?

Thanks again!! :goodvibes

Thank you!! I'll take a look at those pictures and put it up on the site. This will help with everyones excitement!! I've been trying to find some good pictures of Tortola.

The dolphing experience sounds amazing!!! And I can see spending a lot of money on the pictures and other items there!! What is the name of the place that you went to for this?

Thanks again!! :goodvibes

it was Dolphin Discovery. It's an excursion we booked through DCL. You can probably get it cheaper booking with them directly, but I am not sure how it would work since when we were there, there were only people from our cruise. They put us in several groups. We were in group A and did the dolphins first, then lunch at the facility, then the island tour. Not excactly sure how many groups there were, I know there was a group B but don't know beyond that. All I know is when we ate lunch, group B was in the water with the dolphins, and we only ever saw people from Disney so I am not sure what the time schedule would be like if you booked through them directly. This was our first cruise and we just felt better booking our excursions though DCL directly!

Love your trip report!!! We're going on our first cruise on the Magic in August, we're from California, and our kids are an 8yo girl & 12yo boy, too!

I will have my next installment up soon. :thumbsup2

CruisinEars, my last installment was St. Thomas. We didn't actually spend a lot of time ON St. Thomas, since our excursion took us to Tortola, but St. Thomas was beautiful!! I could definitely see us spending a week or vacation there. Between St. Maarten and St. Thomas, St. Thomas was by far the more beautiful island! :lovestruc

Sorry, should have made myself more clear. I had to stop reading at your st. thomas day because I had to go to bed.:rotfl: I just finished reading and it sounds wonderful. I actually want to go to Tortola, but the only excursion is the dolphins. My dh balked at the cost though.

Day 6... Day at Sea and character breakfast.

I didn't do my daily coffee run and walk this morning, I slept in till about 7:15. I was so exhausted. We had to be in Parrot Cay at 8:15 for Mickey's Island Jam. It was a bit disappointing that the characters didn't come to the table and just danced with all the kids but the kids had fun. I do think that this is more for the younger crowd, my kids aren't the "get up and dance" type, but our table was right by the aisle so we had a great view of everything going on without having to participate.

Here are a few pictures of Mickey's Island Jam. I quite enjoyed Luke dancing around in front of us, thank you very much!!

DisneyCruise072.jpg

DisneyCruise073.jpg

DisneyCruise075.jpg

DisneyCruise077.jpg

DisneyCruise080.jpg

DisneyCruise081.jpg

DisneyCruise082.jpg

DisneyCruise083.jpg

After breakfast, we headed up to deck 9. Kaylee had a hair braiding appointment at 10am. They really hurt going in, and she cried. She kept asking me every 2 seconds how many there were and how much longer to go! The girl putting them in worked really fast and it only took about 15 minutes for a half head of corn rows. I think Kaylee got 10 or 11 rows.

DisneyCruise087.jpg

DisneyCruise090.jpg

We just hung out at the goofy pool. Josh and DH watched Cars on the Dumbotron and I took Kaylee went down to change into her bathing suit so she could swim.

DisneyCruise092.jpg

kids got a virgin pina colada
DisneyCruise095.jpg

DisneyCruise099.jpg

DisneyCruise100.jpg

At noon, I went to the stateroom to get a lithograph for captain Tom to sign. There was a Captain signing in the Treasure Ketch. I got there early so I was only the 4th or 5th in line. DH stayed up at the pool with the kids. After I got back we had lunch at Topsider. They had a great seafood buffet today with a nice Sushi bar!! My dream come true!

DisneyCruise102.jpg

I wanted to include this picture too, I think it's one of my favorites that I took. It just seems like the ship is neverending, doesn't it?

DisneyCruise104.jpg

After lunch, Kaylee was a bit tired so we went back to the cabin and I started to pack a little. Stuff I knew we didn't need anymore. Kaylee ended up not going to sleep after all, but watched a movie on TV. Around 3, Kaylee went to the lab and Josh to Ocean Quest. Today was the kids club graduation. DH and I did some more packing while they were there, then went down to the Walt Disney theater. There was still bingo going on, so we shopped around for a while before going in. The kids club graduation
was pretty short but nicely done. The kids got a graduation hat with Mickey ears and a t-shirt.

DisneyCruise110.jpg

DisneyCruise118.jpg

Here's a little clip of the graduation: (click to play)

We went to dinner right after it was over and we checked the kids out of the lab. Today was semi formal night and we were in Animator's Palate. I had a shrimp appetizer, wild mushroom soup, lobster tail (I had 2 actually. I told Dobi how much I liked lobster and she just brought 2 out for me, on one plate!), and a chocolate lava cake for dessert. As always, everything was absolutely delicous.

DisneyCruise119.jpg

DisneyCruise123.jpg

DisneyCruise124.jpg

DisneyCruise125.jpg

After dinner we stood in line for Mickey in the Atrium and then went to the show. Today was Disney Dreams, and we absolutely loved it. I really can't decide which one out of Golden Mickey's, Twice Charmed and Disney Dreams I like best, they are all so good! As always, we were really tired after dinner. I took the kids to the gift store and they picked out 2 DCL pins each and then we headed to the room. They fell asleep pretty quickly again. The dessert buffet was also tonight, starting at 11pm, but we never made it up there. I had every good intention, but was just too tired!

DisneyCruise127.jpg

Tonight's towel animal was a stingray!

DisneyCruise128.jpg

Tomorrow... Castaway Cay!!

Oh I so want to be there! I love the "never ending" picture of the ship too, the overall blue color of the picture is also pleasing to the eye.

Looking forward to Castaway Cay!

I am absolutely loving your trip report. I dream of being able to do a 7-day cruise but, for now, I'll make do with the 3 day and live vicariously through other people's reports ;)

Your kids look like they're having a blast.

Welcome back Kay. I thought you were never going to finish your TR. :3dglasses Who am I to talk since I didn't even post a report.

As always, reading your TR takes me right back to the cruise. You took great pictures and your write-ups are very interesting. ::yes::

I took my DS to the desert bar at 11pm (DW and DD were too tired). They had a nice set up on the table followed by 2 chocolate fountains. I didn't really care much for the table deserts but the stuff dipped in chocolate (fondue style) was great. The only problem this nite was that people were lined up on both sides of the desert table and then merged into one line for the chocolate fountain. There were no clear lines where this happened and we were on the wrong side. :confused3 Somehow we managed to merge in and get desert. Always the messy one, my DS managed to get melted chocolate on everything. :worried:

Can't wait to read your report on CC. :hyper:

aww brilliant...Your trip report is really good, and we got to grab another picture with our kids in....on your graduation pictures our baby girl was on the front row near Mickey...she has ginger curly hair with a crown (that she made!! - not a graduation hat - she obviously wanted to be a princess) and on the video clip we can see both Ben & Millie...im with everyone else - your trip report is absolutly fabulous and really takes you back as your pictures are really good!!...thanks Suzanne..

it was Dolphin Discovery. It's an excursion we booked through DCL. You can probably get it cheaper booking with them directly, but I am not sure how it would work since when we were there, there were only people from our cruise. They put us in several groups. We were in group A and did the dolphins first, then lunch at the facility, then the island tour. Not excactly sure how many groups there were, I know there was a group B but don't know beyond that. All I know is when we ate lunch, group B was in the water with the dolphins, and we only ever saw people from Disney so I am not sure what the time schedule would be like if you booked through them directly. This was our first cruise and we just felt better booking our excursions though DCL directly!

Thanks for all the info!!! And pictures of Tortola. I'd also feel better doing the excursion with Disney!!!:goodvibes

Great report, helps me to remember our trip not so long ago. Great pictures too; nothing better than a TR with super pictures.

cheryl

This is a shameless bump to see if we can get that Castaway Cay report. I have been lurking for months and finally joined and have been loving this report.

This is a shameless bump to see if we can get that Castaway Cay report. I have been lurking for months and finally joined and have been loving this report.

sorry everyone! I promise Castaway Cay is coming! I finished work, it was crazy these past few weeks with end of the year stuff (I work in an elementary school office). Now I am off until August and have lots of time on my hands! :banana:

:cool1: I am loving your TR!!!! We will be on our first disney cruise for halloween this year! Your kids sound like mine. No matter where we go they always want to swim. :lmao: I'm sure we will be spending a lot of time at the pools.

After reading your TR I cant wait for ours! i am so excited now! your pictures are great, you have such a beautiful family!

Cant wait to read the rest!popcorn:: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter