• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our thread for the Minnie!

msblrobs said:
Cam - thanks so muck for making the list for us. Unfortunately, I still cannot give a definitive answer for EOS. Have an awesome time at WDW this weekend!!

Thanks, Sara! Hoping to see you at EoS. You have 5+ weeks to let us all know if we can look forward to seeing you there! :thumbsup2

I am doing the Minnie and staying at the Boardwalk Villas. I will have a car if anyone is near that area and needs a ride to the start :thumbsup2

I will be at EOS, probably with my sister (who is not running the Minnie) and I am trying to convince my friend to do the Minnie with me (she is doing the training, so I think she will do it)

Christy

I've registered for the Minnie! Staying at the Dolphin - thursday through tuesday.....will likely be joining you at EOS.

wendy

I registered for the Minnie back in February. I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation though. Did anyone else?? I suppose I should check to see if my check was cashed......

debm-

i havent received any confirmation/information either. So, i decided to email disney sports...the response i received was that they were not aware of any type of registration/confirmation mailing. that all of this information would be avialalbe for pick up at the expo - kinda strange....although i did check my credit card statement and noticed that the registration fee was charged. I'd also be interested to know if anyone else received something from disney

I never got anything from them and tried to call to confirm my reg. but they won't pick up and evidently don't return calls, either. Hopefully it's all OK. :confused3

I got a confirmation e-mail, but nothing in the mail. My credit card was charged though.

Did you guys get any e-mail confirmation???

Well, I have decided that I am going to sign up for something, but I am still not sure if it will be the 5K or the 1 mile run. Either way, I'll be coming from home, and DH and I will be at EoS meet. I'm off to see about sign-up now and I am going to hope that either I van get my pace faster than I have been able to do lately ofr that they are not too strict about the pace requirements in the shorter events. I really want to be a part of this event. I wish I could do the 15K, but at this point for me there is no way that would be my best choice so I'll do what I can and enjoy it for what it is. I think my knees should be OK, but I'd better get some more walking in. I've been doing more bike and swim lately because it is easier on the knees. Time to get back on my feet and get them moving.

disneyfanz04 said:
I got a confirmation e-mail, but nothing in the mail. My credit card was charged though.

Did you guys get any e-mail confirmation???

I didn't even get an email confirmation. :confused3

Kristi1357 said:
I didn't even get an email confirmation. :confused3

This is what my e-mail said...

Please do not reply to this email.
Replies to this email may not be answered.

Thank you for your registration payment for Women Run the World 15K. Your
registration is officially confirmed. Be sure to save this e-mail, as it
provides you with access to your confirmation page. Located within the
confirmation page you will find links to important printable event information.
To access this page, click on the link below.

***LINK TO MY INFO WAS HERE***
41683DU&Transaction_NUM=2230051&EventID=34930

Registration Details:
Event: Women Run the World 15K
Total Payment: $35.00
Confirmation Number: 2230051
Time of Transaction: 2/23/2006 11:03:58 PM

If you have any questions regarding Women Run the World 15K, please contact me
at:
Email: WDW.Sports.Marathon.Road.Races@disneyworldsports.com
Phone: 407-938-3398
Web site: www.disneyworldsports.com

If you have any questions or comments specifically about this online
transaction, please send an email to support@signmeup.com.

From now until the start of Women Run the World 15K, we will send periodic email
updates
that will help you in your preparation for your trip to the WALT DISNEY
WORLD® Resort. I look forward to your arrival.

Regards,

Endurance Team

AND when you clink on the link to my info this is what it said...

Thank you for registering for the Women Run the World 15K. This is your registration receipt. Please note that this charge will appear on your credit card statement as signmeup.com. Keep this page for your records.

Registration Receipt for Michelle XXXXXXX (XXXXXXXX, New Jersey)

Confirmation Number: 2X3X0X1
Registration Date : 2/23/2006 11:03:58 PM
Sub-Total : $35.00
Processing Fee : No Charge
Total Payment : (signmeup.com) $35.00
User Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Event Release agreed to by Michelle XXXXXXX (XXXXXXXX, New Jersey)

All Athletes who participate in sports events that take place at the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort or Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex, will be required to complete and sign an individual Disney Sports Waiver Form. This form will be provided to you prior to participating. A parent or legal guardian's signature will be required for participants under the age of 18.

X
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary for Michelle XXXXXXX(XXXXXXXX, New Jersey)

Entries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15K Run

Questions Answer

Shirt Size Large
Please provide your anticipated arrival and departure dates (example: May 5 - 8, 2006) May 5- 7, 2006
You are now eligible for special Disney's Womens Minnie Marathon Weekend hotel accommodations, theme park tickets and travel packages. Would you like to be contacted by the designated Travel Partner, Anthony Travel? No
Total number of guests in your party. 2
Total number of adults in your party. 2
Hotel category in which you are interested?
Are you interested in receiving an airfare quote?
How did you learn about this event? Other
If you answered "Other" to the previous question - Please specify? disboards.com

If you have questions about this event

EMail : WDW.Sports.Marathon.Road.Races@disneyworldsports.com
Phone : 407-938-3398

DID YOU GUYS SIGN UP ONLINE OR DID YOU SEND IN YOUR FORMS & PAYMENT???

Hi there everyone! I am planning on the Doing the Minnie 5K.. am all signed up and am staying at POP from Thursday through the following Tuesday. I will also have a rental car and am going solo.. so, If anyone needs a lift to the start on Saturday.. I will have room for 4... I would also LOVE to join you all for the EOS meet... and plan to come out of lurkdom to get myself motivated. I was there cheering you all on this past January for the 1/2 and the whole.. I just didn't get myself ready in time and was soooooo disappointed in myself for not participating. But not this time!! I am there!!!

Thanks.. and looking forward to meeting everyone!

Kathy

Welcome Kathy! Good to "meet" you. Alot of us are making it a "girls weekend" so it should be a blast. Good luck with your training.

Okay, now I am definitely in a panic. I have not received any emails or confirmation on this. I registered by mail using my DVC discount and I think it was $28 and there is a charge on my credit card to Track Shack Foundation in Orlando Florida right about the time they should have processed my payment. So, I thought that was it. Does anyone else know for sure?

BTW, Hi, Kathy & welcome! I LOVE the picture in your siggie. What a great expression! :teeth:

I got the confirmation email when I registered for Minnie in October. I haven't gotten anything since then. I used the DVC form for DD13's registration and haven't gotten anything at all from WDW regarding hers.

Thanks for the welcomes! I got my confirmation when I signed up online.. I printed it out.. and part of it was barcoded and then the release signature portion was there also... I was going to send in my form with my AP/DVC discount but I figured at this late date i didn't want to take the chance of wasting time... and I figured the discount was so small for this one.. so I just bucked up and signed online...

Kathy

I printed out my cancelled check online to bring with me just in case there is an issue. I am sure it's fine - just nervous since I never got an email, postcard, or anything.

I am just the paranoid type, I guess!

Although I will not be there in body, I will be cheering all of you on in spirit via the web. Good luck all of you and don't forget to enjoy your experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter