Our thread for the Minnie!

Kristi --
You have gotten a lot of good feedback here. I'd like to summarize:
1. You don't have to be able to do it today, but are training to be able to do it on 5/7.
2. The dreadmill is definitely a different animal from being outside. I do find I go faster outside, though I like the idea that the treadmill keeps my pace consistent.
3. Running intervals is something to work towards as it helps build a little cushion on your speed. Try doing a warm up of 5 minutes, then start intervals, maybe jog for 1 minute and then walk 4 to recover and try to see how many intervals you can do that way. Maybe only one the first workout and then you'll walk the entire rest of that workout, but you can build up the number of intervals you do in a workout session. Keep a really good log of your workouts so that you can see your progress.

Have fun training! Looking forward to seeing you at the 15K. BTW, are you coming to the WISH meet on Saturday at Earl of Sandwich? I think we are meeting there at 4:30 or 5:00.

Kristy--I really think you will be able to do this! I agree with the Intervals that Cam recommended above. 9 weeks is a long time and you will be amazed how much you will be able to do in those 9 weeks!

I can not wait to meet you at the Minnie, and hope you will join us at Earl of Sandwich.

Christy

Thanks for more words of encouragement guys!

I probably won't be at EoS. My Mom is coming with me (she is doing the 15k too), and we each are bringing a friend also. As much as I would really like to meet you guys, I feel like I shouldn't desert them since we all only have a few days on our 'girls only weekend.'

BUT, maybe I can meet some of your who are also doing the DL 1/2. My DH is running it and I am his personal photographer/cheerleader! :teeth: Even though I am not going to particpate it would be fun to match the faces with the DISboard names.

Thanks again! Time to go cross train now. I just got the Leslie Sansone Walk/Jog 2 mile DVD - maybe I should do that today, so I feel a bit more confident about this running thing.

Kristi

Oh, bring them with you! I am draggin along my mom & 2 friends to EoS. We are also doing a girls weekend. DTD is a fun place to hang out no matter what.

Hi, everyone!
I havent' had time to post recently or go back through this thread, but I want to put together a list of everyone that is doing the Minnie and where they are staying.

SO, if you want me to put you on the list, please post and give us your name and where you are staying. Maybe this will help people coordinate rides, too, if they need to.

Also, please indicate if you are planning to attend the WISH meet at Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney on Saturday at about 4:30. It will be fun to anticipate seeing everyone!

Good morning, Cam! I'll be there at AKL with my DH. Can't wait to meet you at EoS!! Anne :cool1:

Good idea Cam! I'll be there Fri-Tues. Staying at POR. No way I would miss EOS :cool1:

Lynne(Xterratri), Kathy(NYcpa), Erin(Stitch_lover_Sith)- ASSp, arrive Friday- leave Sunday
will be at EOS and will have room for 1, maybe 2 in the car Sunday morning

keenercam said:
Hi, everyone!
I havent' had time to post recently or go back through this thread, but I want to put together a list of everyone that is doing the Minnie and where they are staying.

SO, if you want me to put you on the list, please post and give us your name and where you are staying. Maybe this will help people coordinate rides, too, if they need to.

Also, please indicate if you are planning to attend the WISH meet at Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney on Saturday at about 4:30. It will be fun to anticipate seeing everyone!

Hello!! I am not sure where we are staying yet...probably POR. It will be myself and my DSIL. We will be at EOS on Sat. I am renting a mini-van so would have some room if someone needs a ride. I am really getting excited!!! :banana:

disneyfanz04 said:
Hello!! I am not sure where we are staying yet...probably POR. It will be myself and my DSIL. We will be at EOS on Sat. I am renting a mini-van so would have some room if someone needs a ride. I am really getting excited!!! :banana:

Willing to share your IRL name? :teeth:

Oh, and BTW, where in SJ are you? I grew up in Gloucester County.

keenercam said:
Willing to share your IRL name? :teeth:

Oh, and BTW, where in SJ are you? I grew up in Gloucester County.

Don't mean to sound stupid, but what does IRL mean??? :confused3
Because the only thing that I can think of is..In real life.

I live in Camden County near Cherry Hill. Where are you from???

disneyfanz04 said:
Don't mean to sound stupid, but what does IRL mean??? :confused3
Because the only thing that I can think of is..In real life.

I live in Camden County near Cherry Hill. Where are you from???
Yes, I meant "in real life" :teeth:

I grew up in Woodbury, dated a guy from Cherry Hill and am still friends with several people who grew up in Cherry Hill. Oh, and I went to grad school at Rutgers Camden.

BTW, has anyone received anything from WDW Sports confirming their registration? I am a little concerned about this. It is now less than 2 months away and no paper from WDW Sports.

keenercam said:
BTW, has anyone received anything from WDW Sports confirming their registration? I am a little concerned about this. It is now less than 2 months away and no paper from WDW Sports.

OK, that is what I thought but just wanted to make sure before I posted...LOL...My IRL is Michelle, and I will be coming to the MINNIE with my DSIL Melissa.

The only thing I recieved was an e-mail confirmation. What else were we supposed to get??

disneyfanz04 said:
The only thing I recieved was an e-mail confirmation. What else were we supposed to get??

For the half, we received a packet ahead of time with course map, merchandise for sale (RUN DISNEY), our bib numbers/waiver form to bring to the EXPO.

I guess I was just hoping for more mail re: the event! :goodvibes

I'm also concerned about my and DDs registrations (both mailed in same envelope)...I was charged for mine, but my DDs charge hasn't hit my credit card.

I'm psyched about Minnie, but DD is beginning to get nervous.

Off topic, but anyone know if yoga couonts a cross training?

Cam-I bet since this is a smaller race they wont mail out anything. I am pretty sure they dont mail out for the Race for the Taste & stuff. We better get a mailing for DL!

disneybelle-I would call & check on DD's registration. They may have overlooked it & you could go ahead & get it taken care of now. I definately think yoga is XT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter