Our stroller was stolen at Epcot!

Thanks for reading my post everybody!

I agree with the SandrC's post. I told DS that "you reap what you sow!"

Every once in awhile, we would leave our backpack on the stroller when we parked it. - Stupid, I know. But, luckily, this was not one of those times! We could've lost our camera and other valuables.

I just want everyone to know that this did not ruin our trip. We wouldn't let it! We kept our perspective on things, and went on with our vacation.

As I said before, I would still take the chance and bring my stroller again.

~Valerie

JWFLA, yes it's a regular plastic coated wire bike cable and a keyed lock.

I sent you a personal message. You can email me at gcurling@herald.com. Would love to hear from you.

We've never had a problem with our stroller being taken but I read somewhere, can't remember where, this hint....

To personalize their stroller and discourage someone from taking it...they did this...

1) Got a white cloth that looked like a diaper.
2) Poured rootbeer or a brown liquid on it.
3) Placed it in a plastic bag
4) Tied it to the handle of their stroller

They said it looked like a cloth diaper that needed washing and NO ONE bothered their stroller.

I've never tried it but it sounds interesting to say the least. I know that from time to time strollers get stolen but we only leave things in our that we wouldn't mind losing. If they need it that bad...they can have it.

I know that locking strollers is a "no-no" at Disney according to CM because it is a fire hazard. But I do like the locking wheels thing. That is clever.

Gosh, what a bummer... I guess I should consider myself very lucky, last time I left my camera in our stroller...( I know..stupid!!) Not this time though!!

Valerie
I'm so sorry that you had your stroller stolen but really glad that it didn't ruin your vacation. When I was younger my parents used to rent at WDW for my little sister. All the time people would take our stroller when they exited the rides! We usually had it well marked too. Fortunately we rarely left anything of value on it. Some people unfortunately are very careless about others' property. Hope the person who took your stroller didn't have nearly the good time your family did.

Sorry!

In 1992 we also had a stroller taken. My DH solution was to get a small clear plastic bag (zip lock baggie maybe), get a disposable diaper and a can of Coke. He poured enough Coke into the diaper so that the color could be seen on the outside of the diaper. Then he wrapped the diaper up as though it had been used and put it in the plastic bag. Then he tied the bag to the stroller. Needless to say no one wanted to be near our stroller but us.

It's an idea!!

:p

I read in a guide to put something personal yet slightly disgusting on the handle. Like maybe a briefly worn sock. Just enough to make someone think twice & move on to another one. We took a $500.00 Peg
Perego one year & my DH etched my SS # on the underside of the front foot rest to make it identifiable incase it was stolen.

Hello,
Sorry to hear about your kids things being stolen..that's awful. I took our $200 Combi umbrella stroller twice to WDW and had no problems. Before we went the first time, I bought a Kryptonite pocket lock from The Right Start store. It's a small combination lock with a thin cable and is made especially for locking things like strollers up. Wouldnt you know it, I forgot to pack it!!!! But as I said luckily we had no problems. I was really worried too as the stroller was new. I will remember to bring it this time though!

Sorry to hear it. Just shows that you can't trust people, even in Mickey's house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter