OUR SPIRITED BEGINNING = Casper's Magical Journey to Disney

I can't believe it's April already, the time is just flying by. We visited the Zoo again this weekend and Casper had so much fun. It's like we are training for Disney because now that he is walking he wants to walk EVERYWHERE. Even though he drags his one leg and he tends to fall a lot he doesn't let that stop him, he seriously walked for almost the whole time we were there and then when he had finally had enough he did the sign for going in his wrap carrier. :goodvibes

My hubby and I said he's going to out walk us all on the trip. LOL

Casper learned the sign for Car and is OBSESSED with Cars now also. He loves watching the Cars movies and anytime we see a car he does the sign for car. Even when he is walking he has to stop walking and does the sign. It's pretty cute. :lovestruc

Yesterday we were greeted by more Big Give greatness in our mailbox. Casper was at a doctors appointment and I couldn't hold the older two off so they opened it.

AMAZING personalized autograph books that they kids adore and LOVED that they had their names on them. They thought Casper's was so cute with "BOO" on it. Anastasia asked "so does this mean I can get the Fairygodmother's autograph?" Not sure where that came from but she is REALLY REALLY excited to see the fair godmother, she said she wants to ask her to "help make Casper feel better forever." :hug:

I was blown away, she's growing into quite the young woman right before my eyes. I can hardly believe she will be 9 in August time has flown by.

Anyway THANK YOU SO MUCH for these very special gifts and the opportunity to see my children in a whole new light while we experience the blessing. :grouphug:

Reading the card, Iggy LOVES to read. :)
big+give.jpg

Amazing books.
big+give+2.jpg

I totally forgot to update on Casper. He had his monthly pediatrician check in with our ped in town, to check his growth etc., and he is 22 lbs and 32.5 inches long. :dance3:

It's amazing to see how far he has come. At the end of July when he was admitted for failure to thrive and we did intensive inpatient feeding therapy he was almost 2 and was 12lbs and 28 inches long. Now he is totally feeding tube free and is 2.5 and 10lbs heavier and 4.5 inches longer.

He's such a miracle. :lovestruc

OMG your dd's statement brought tears to my eyes. Kids are so amazing with all that wonderful innocence. This reminded me of my mom's neighboor. The little guy was 6 and my cousin was his school teacher. When my dd was in the hospital my Cousin used my dd's experience as a science lesson teaching the kids about the heart and how important it is to the body, etc. The next day Little Dave came in with a get well card for Kaylie and a lollipop so that she could feel better and come home to play with him across the street. It was so cute.

Another Great Big Give!! So good to hear about Casper's progress..

Wow! that's such great news about Casper! he is amazing :goodvibes

What happy news about Casper and his progress. It sounds like he is really picking up more words too! So cute that he loves Cars! Such a little boy thing!

I love the autograph books. They are going to get a lot of use at Disney when you go. Did you plan a meal for 1900 Park Faire? They've had the Fairy Godmother when we've gone there for dinner. So has Cinderella's Royal Table.

Wonderful news regarding Casper's health!! So glad to hear he is doing so well and I'm so excited to hear he walked what sounds like most of the zoo! Was panda with him? If so, was panda in his sling? :)

I have to say how much I enjoy reading about families that have been chosen as Big Give recipients. It brings what I am sure is great joy to the recipients AND the generous people that give, but don't underestimate the impact it makes on someone simply reading about it. It fills me with hope and happiness to see these children receive and to know it's coming from someone they never met simple because we have good people in this world that want to make a difference. Awesome stuff we dont always get to see of enough. Thanks to both parties for sharing!!

WOW it's been a LONG time since I updated.

Things got a little crazy around here and we have all been sick. Casper has been very sick for over a week now and we have been doing everything we can to stay out of the ER. With the holiday we haven't been able to get him into the pediatrician and it seemed like he was getting a little bit better with no fever for a couple days just a very bad cough but now his fever is back with a vengeance.

Thankfully my mother in law came for a visit on the weekend and my husband surprised me with a night away in a hotel in the city so we got a nice little recharge your batteries break on Saturday. :cloud9:

The kids had a quiet Easter made even better by the arrival of a very EXCITING Big Give package. The kids were going NUTS by the to new packages we got. First were some AWESOME rainbow loom bracelets for the whole family, including us parents and Casper, and some little activity sets.

Rainbow loom is a HUGE activity in our house, my husband is even a bit of a pro making Spiderman and all sorts of cool things. The kids thought the mickey head ones were AWESOME and Iggy got his kit out right away and watched some videos to learn to make them. :yay:

Then the next package as packaged in a cereal box, I thought it was funny because the kids didn't realize that the cereal wasn't the gift and got excited for the cereal. LOL :rotfl:

Imagine their complete surprise and excitement when they opened the box and saw the INCREDIBLE shirts and dress. Casper got the CUTEST Simba button down shirt and Iggy was crazy for the dino button don, he's so excited to wear it. I was BLOWN AWAY by my AMAZING Space Mountain shirt, it's sooooo comfy and it's my FAVORITE ride EVER. Seriously thank you so very much I never expected to get anything oursleves so this was an amazing surprise, plus no I have less to figure out what to pack for myself. :banana:

Anastasia was GLOWING and couldn't stop screaming with excitement over her Rapunzel dress. I haven't seen her this happy in a long time. She HAD to put it on right away and it fits perfectly. Thank you so VERY much for making my little girl so very happy. :love:

Here are a couple pics

Opening the bracelets
2014-04-22

CARS he as so excited
2014-04-22

A very RARE picture of me (in my end of the day yoga pants)
2014-04-22

Casper with his shirt
2014-04-22

Anastasia the princess
2014-04-22

In other trip news Daddy booked his vacation time off for the trip and we are planning on booking our flights this week. :dance3:

It's getting closer and I am getting so excited.

So sorry to hear that your family has been sick. I hope everyone is on the mend now.

But I am glad that the package arrived. Yes I have been known to send cereal box packages ;) I just grabbed whichever box was empty. I guess I should have sent the package in a more boring cereal box. :rotfl:

I am happy to see that the dress fits Asia so well, and the Space Mountain top looks great! Space Mountain is one of my favourite rides too. I hope the shirts will fit Iggy and Casper well. I have been saving that Dino fabric for over 5 years now so I am glad I am able to use it for someone special!

I hope you can score some inexpensive plane tickets for the trip. I am very excited that your trip is less than 4 months away now!

Wow! What awesome and amazing packages! I love your Space Mountain shirt and Asia's dress. They look fantastic! I think the story about the cereal is great! The kids must have been so surprised when they opened it up and found some wonderful things besides cereal inside of it!

Hope everyone is feeling better !

Love all the cute stuff!!!
Hope you find some good flight prices.

I just found your trip report last night! I'm new to the Big Give, and am so happy to read more about your family. :)

It sounds like you have lots of fun planned, first haircut, pirates league, fun meals, fun rides, etc. I hope you find a Space Mountain buddy this trip! I'm a ride chicken, so I just don't know how all you brave people do it! :rotfl2:

Honestly, I teared up a little reading about how excited and happy you all are with the arrival of each package. I feel blessed to have you all as my first Big Give family. :goodvibes

I can't wait to see the rest of your plans and packages!

Wow! What awesome gifts! I love seeing the pictures and hearing about the kids responses. Lol! Who knew cereal was something to get so excited about? Love it!

Welcome Welcome to all our new followers, we are so grateful that you would join along with us and get excited right along with us for our trip.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I hope your weekend was great and that your Passover & Easter, should you celebrate, were filled with joy and love. Turns out Casper had bronchitis AGAIN, I knew it just wasn't a cold so I called his pediatrician who was super busy for the next 2 weeks at the hospital so she said to call our family doc who could then only get Casper in this week SO I just took him to the walk in clinic. I HATE going to the clinic but he just wasn't feeling great and it had already been too long and it turns out my gut was right. Anyway now that he is on the antibiotic he is starting to turn the corner and more himself. :woohoo:

We have been enjoying the little bits of warm ups here and there that we are having and getting out to walk around a bit and explore. Casper is crazy for cars and luckily since we live in a new construction neighborhood we have a LOT of heavy equipment around to watch and check out. He also had his first ride in the swing and LOVED it. I had to share some pics ;)

swing2.jpg
swing3.jpg

His hair is flying in the wind, it's getting so long.
swing.jpg

And just because he's so cool :rotfl:
swing4.jpg

We also went to a craft fair yesterday and met up with an AMAZING DISser Erin and her Mom. It was so nice to chat with them and they make the most ADORABLE necklaces. It's always fun meeting other Disney fanatics.

We hope your week is fantastic. It's MAY which means we are only 4 months away. YAY!

Mom always knows when it is more than cold. Doctors should definitely listen to us!!! I always knew when my girls had ear infections. The doctor used to argue with me that their ears were not red but then they'd do that thing where they sent a puff of air into the ear so that they could see more. That would always reveal that their ears were infected. I am so glad that Casper is getting better!

It looks like you've been having some nice weather. How fun that Casper gets to go on the swings like a big boy! I love the picture of him walking and I love his little harem pants. LOL! When my girls were little the neighboring town used to have Big Truck Day. They would clean up some of the big trucks and earth movers and back hoes and an ambulance. Then they would invited the kids in the community to come and sit in them and blow the horns and turn on the sirens and pretend to drive etc. It was so much fun for them. I have lots of pictures of them in the various trucks.

How fun is it that you were able to meet up with Erin. She also sews some pretty wonderful stuff!

What a beautiful family! :lovestruc

I wanted to share some things about the Frogg Toggs. They are FABULOUS! You can cut them to whatever size is most convenient for you, and they really do work! My daughter and I used them on a WDW trip over Labor Day one year. Just know, that after a day of use, you will want to wash them out with shampoo or dishwashing liquid and let them air dry overnight - ours got a sour odor by the end of the day but a swish in soap freshened them right up.

Which brings me to the next topic. You're going in August? We live in Georgia, so it's not like I'm NOT used to the summer heat, but I have to say - Florida is like being on the face of the sun in August. Hotter than the hammered down hinges of hell. Please plan on early mornings and lots of breaks, and pouring water into your kids. It can be done - millions of Floridians go about their business, LOL - but the heat combined with the humidity is just miserable.

Lastly, for Casper and the Pirates League - you might be able to do your own makeup for him. I can totally see pirate braids in his hair (if PL happens before the barber shop) and maybe makeup/eye shadow/eyeliner to make some heavy eyebrows and a beard or stubble. :rotfl: That combined with pirate clothes and a bandana on his head and he would be just like his big sister and brother. :banana:

AKL is such a beautiful resort, I know you will have an amazing time!

What a beautiful family! :lovestruc

I wanted to share some things about the Frogg Toggs. They are FABULOUS! You can cut them to whatever size is most convenient for you, and they really do work! My daughter and I used them on a WDW trip over Labor Day one year. Just know, that after a day of use, you will want to wash them out with shampoo or dishwashing liquid and let them air dry overnight - ours got a sour odor by the end of the day but a swish in soap freshened them right up.

Which brings me to the next topic. You're going in August? We live in Georgia, so it's not like I'm NOT used to the summer heat, but I have to say - Florida is like being on the face of the sun in August. Hotter than the hammered down hinges of hell. Please plan on early mornings and lots of breaks, and pouring water into your kids. It can be done - millions of Floridians go about their business, LOL - but the heat combined with the humidity is just miserable.

Lastly, for Casper and the Pirates League - you might be able to do your own makeup for him. I can totally see pirate braids in his hair (if PL happens before the barber shop) and maybe makeup/eye shadow/eyeliner to make some heavy eyebrows and a beard or stubble. :rotfl: That combined with pirate clothes and a bandana on his head and he would be just like his big sister and brother. :banana:

AKL is such a beautiful resort, I know you will have an amazing time!

WOW that is all awesome info thank you so VERY much. The Frogg Toggs are going to be amazing I can tell. We will for sure use them like CRAZY while we are there.

I am honestly starting to worry a bit about the heat everyone is warning us about but I think if we plan for it we can deal. I'm going to write down all of your tips and make sure to do everything to a T. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter