• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our October Escape 10/13/11. TR Day 4 Wedding Day Part 5 A Little Fun Time at MK:)

So, I'll admit I'm just a little obsessed with my welcome bags. It's been my favorite project for the wedding so far. I just love giving people gifts, even if its hand sanitizer and ponchos! :lmao: Well, today I stumbled into Bath and Body Works, and wowza! They have an incredible sale going on! I stocked up on stuff for me, stuff for BM's, welcome bags, my mom, BFF's, flower girl, GM, AND ring bearer. It was AWESOME! Just to give you an idea...I bought $267.00 worth of stuff for....get this....$37.50. Thirty-seven-fifty. WHAT!?:woohoo: I haven't told DF yet. I think I'll show him the bag and tell him the original total first. Then he'll marvel at my bargain shopping skills instead of that I bought more "crap" for the welcome bags. :lmao::banana:

I just realized that the pic of my dress is super tiny...So I decided to get a bigger one so you can actually see it! I'm not posting the pic of ME in it, because I'm afraid that DF will peek, but here she is! I am so in love with it!!!

thedress.jpg

(Ulterior motive: Maybe by posting my dress again, I'll be inspired to actually go to Zumba today! :laughing: Although, I started out good today, I took the dog on a nice long walk, up and down the hills around the house!:banana:)

Super cute shirt for your dad!!

And what a BEAUTIFUL Dress!!!! Can't wait to hear about more plans:goodvibes

I love the shirt, it does look just like your dad! Your dress is stunning, it has such beautiful detail - nice choice!

The dress is so beautiful! I can't wait to see the pics of you in it after the wedding!

And i know what you mean about buying things for people. I bought personalized tote bags for my bridesmaids and a bunch of things to put in them, I keep wanting to buy more! That sale at Bath and Body Works sounds amazing though! ;) Any idea how long that will be going on?

The dress is so beautiful! I can't wait to see the pics of you in it after the wedding!

And i know what you mean about buying things for people. I bought personalized tote bags for my bridesmaids and a bunch of things to put in them, I keep wanting to buy more! That sale at Bath and Body Works sounds amazing though! ;) Any idea how long that will be going on?

I think I heard the sale is on through the whole month of June...?? But not really sure.

Ooohhh your dress is GORGEOUS!!!!! But I can't wait to see -you- in it!

and the BBW sale ends on July 3rd. :D

I feel like I've been gone forever!! It's really only been a week, but my entire world has just changed in that short time span! FH and I have spent the last week in Daytona Beach, where he was applying for a job at his alma mater...and he got the job!! They told him Monday that he got the job, and wanted him to start Wednesday. :eek: But fortunately, he will be doing his orientation at the end of July...so that gives us a little time to get everything in order and move. I am so excited and happy, but so nervous at the same time. We will be moving 500 miles away in one month, and three months before the wedding. But on the upside, we will be moving an hour away from WDW!!! :banana: That is so awesome! On Sunday, we decided to run over to Orlando, and eat at Bob Marley's and hang out in my old stomping grounds. So, of course we had to go check out Sea Breeze Point! Impromptu site visit!! :thumbsup2 And I'm so glad that I got the chance to see it. It's a lot smaller and more intimate than I thought it was from the pictures. I love it! I can't wait til October!

My Flower Girl and Matron of Honor (and the rest of the family) also came down with us to Daytona, because they are considering moving there also, so they got to see a little of Disney for the first time. (Actually it was their first trip to FLORIDA period...I can't imagine!) We only went to the Boardwalk and drove around property, but they were so impressed! Of course, since my flower girl is only 4 and really wouldn't understand, we had to keep it a secret that we were on Disney property. We did a great job. We even passed the Welcome to Disney World sign and she still had no clue. The best part was a cast member named Joe who worked at the BWI. Ayla noticed all his pins and that they were all Disney (although she didn't realize why there was Disney stuff everywhere) and he let her pick her favorite and gave it to her. It was so sweet, and MOH was floored at how awesome everything and everyone at Disney is. I can't wait til October so she can see it all!

ok...time to unpack from the Florida trip and start packing for the Florida move...whew, tired and stressed already! :scared1:

Wooo!!!! Congratulations to DF!!!!! And you're moving so close to Disney!!!!

Last year, I moved 1,000 miles away from home (from CT to WI... so, unfortunately, no closer to the mouse), but let me tell you, it's the best decision I've ever made! I'm sure your move will be amazing. :)

I am back!! Just moved to Daytona Beach yesterday, Joey starts his new job on Monday, and I have spent the last month of my life packing and moving, and not doing anything toward the wedding. :scared1: Stresses me out big time!! I have less than 3 months left, and from here on, wedding planning is my new full time job! :thumbsup2 Feels so good to be back on the boards! Can't wait to catch up on all that I've missed.

So I think I'm finally ready to get back into wedding planning full swing. Which is a good thing considering I only have 2 months left!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: My planning kit is due to Tanis this Friday. How did that happen?! I think I have everything figured out. I hope. Maybe. Agh. I am the most indecisive person in the world. I have been so scared of this deadline since the beginning! I can hardly decide what I want to have for dinner, how am I going to make decisions as important as for my wedding? Geez.

Ok, so where do I start catching up? I should probably unpack all the "wedding" boxes and get organized. The new apartment is so tiny! We moved from a 3,500 sq. ft house to a 675 sq ft apartment. Talk about a downsize! It's been really nice to simplify our lives, but I'm thinking that maybe we were overzealous! It is just a temporary place til we get settled in Daytona, but wow. What a wakeup call! I refuse to move again til after the wedding though. I cannot go through that hassle again so soon! On the plus side, I can stand on the corner in front of the house and see the ocean!! It definitely doesn't suck. :cool1: And I went to WDW last Sunday, and yes, I'm going again tomorrow. That definitely doesn't suck either!

95% sure we've picked out the cake (modern deco, white with black trim, silver balls, and hot pink daisies on the top
yellow/bavarian cream on one tier
almond/raspberry on the other.
*If anyone has had these combo's let me know. Would love to know that I'm making a good choice. The Escape choices are so limiting because I don't like chocolate. (yuck...yeah I'm weird).

95% sure on bouquets:

bride's bouquet: I want mostly gerber daisies, with a few roses and dahlia's mixed in. Definitely want crystal hidden mickeys. Not sure if I want all hot pink, or a mix. Need to talk to Rosie.

BM's bouquet: call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that the BM's are going to carry round and unicorn style lollipops and cotton candy. Yup. Crazy. I was just thinking about the boardwalk and how whimsical it is. Thought it would be so fun! Besides, I LOVE cotton candy, and one of the first memories I have of WDW as a child was getting one of those huge swirly unicorn lollipops in MK. What do you guys think? Am I totally bonkers?

We are doing a wine box ceremony, so I still need to find a box for that. I'm leaning toward a white wooden box to embellish. Any ideas on where to find this are welcome!

I've decided to make button boutonniere's for FH and GM. We have a slight "UP" thing going on, and I think it will kinda look like balloons.

I've also made hairpieces for the BM's. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. I will upload a photo soon to show you. The only thing is that they are a little bigger than I originally planned. They look more like fascinators that hairclips. But they are super fabulous! :cool1:

Music for the ceremony is picked out...will have to find my list and put it up for everyone. Music has been the most important thing for me through this. I have fretted and changed my mind and poured over music more than I have over the dress! :lmao: But I think I've finally found the perfect choices.

Ok, DF is yelling at me to get off here and figure out our Saturday night date plans!! More to come! SOOO good to be back! :woohoo:

I LOVE that idea of cotton candy and lollipops! Absolutely love it. :D

And OOF that is a big change! DF and I moved from a fairly large condo to a teeny one bedroom... it will take some adjusting, but you'll be okay. (Unfortunately, I have all of DF's game systems crowding the living room--- bahhhhhhhhh.) And I would gladly take the teenier size for more Disney! :D :D

I agree, I think cotton candy and lollipops will be really fun! I'm also looking forward to seeing your music choices... music was something I was very concerned with too. Actually, we still haven't picked a first dance song! It's kind of worrying me, but I can't pick anything that I think is exactly right.

Her's another fan of the lollipop and cotton candy (we call it candy floss here in the UK) idea. I think it will be lovely on the Boardwalk!!

Yay for lollipops and cotton candy!!! Glad to know that at least my disbrides think it's a good idea! I just have to vent for a moment about my mom. She is driving me bonkers! I've kept quiet for a long time about it, but last night it just got to me.
It all started when we told my parents that we were moving the wedding from our hometown in NC to Disney. The first thing my mom said was, "Okaaay." (in this "skeptical, you are crazy, and I don't agree with you" voice). Insert rolled eyes here. (the smilies look too happy!) So after a couple days of prodding and poking, I finally get her to act like she's kind of excited about it. She's the kind of person that has to be in charge, have all the ideas, and if things are exactly the way she wants or needs it, she's totally miserable and hell bent on making everyone else miserable too. grr. So, general lack of enthusiasm has been going on since February. Gee, I'm so glad that you are so excited about your only child's wedding day. awesome.

THEN...once we got over all of that, she starts in on the guest count. Kept making comments about who we are inviting. One of the best things about my Escape wedding and the big reason I didn't go with Wishes, was the cap on guests. I come from a huge family. The NC wedding we almost had was going to cost double the Disney wedding because of the 150 people on the guest list. 75% of which was my family. (Aunts, uncles, and cousins, plus their kids and significant others). Ridiculous! And, let's be real. I don't even like half of them, or I've seen them once in the past 15 years. But I can't invite a cousin and not an aunt, or one sister and not the other three, etc. It was getting waaayy out of control. Enter Disney wedding, problem solved!
Well, for me anyway. Not so much my mom. I think she's getting grumblings from family members, although she won't tell me any of that. (I wish they'd grumble to me instead of her...cause I don't care!!) So now, she's started this, "You don't have anyone from your family here. No one is representing our side. Why does DF get so many and it's just me and your dad invited? What do you have against your family, etc." (which totally sounds like someone else is feeding her this BS) :headache::mad::headache:
So I break down the guest list for her:
"I can only have 18 guests. DF and I invited one of MY many cousins to stand up with DF, but he backed out saying he couldn't afford it." (BTW, he makes a 6 digit salary. Can't afford it my @$$!!)
Me: "So DF has his
1. Mom
2. Dad (Best Man)
3. Stepmom
4. Sister (BM)
5. Nephew (RB)
6. Randy (Great friends and mentor to DF, who's also PAYING FOR THE WHOLE WEDDING!)
7. Randy's wife

Sorry that you guys decided to stay married and not have any other children so that we could have more people from "our side" of the family attend. Not my fault, not my problem."

I have
8. Deana (MaOH)
9. Hillarie (MOH)
10. Joyell (BM)
11. Katie (BM)
12. Ayla (FG)
13. Noelle (guest, daughter of Quillion and Deana, sister of flower girl)
15. Quillon (GM).
16. Mom
17. Dad
18. Hopefully my grandmother if she can make the trip.

HELLO MOM!!!! I have more people than FH!"

So...now mom sees this isn't sound logic (which never really stops her btw), and decides to go a different route.
mom: "well, it's just not fair. we won't have anyone to talk to. It will be everyone together having fun and me and your dad over here by ourselves."
WHAT?!?! :headache::headache:
Me (because at this point I am so flippin' fed up!): "Well, if that's the case, then you have no one to blame but yourself. You've known these people for at least 10 years, and they are all excited to hang with you. You are my parents. I'm not going to ignore you the whole week. And everyone is nice. If you end up by yourself, it's because you put yourself there."
This is all happening in a restaurant, and I immediately start crying. Mom immediately backs down and says she didn't mean to upset me...yada yada. So we eventually calm down, and I suggest that we send out an announcement newsletter to all the not invited guests, explaining what's going on, that we will have an at home reception at some point, and invite them to vacation at WDW while we are there (even though they can't come to the ceremony or DP). Great! We have a compromise, everyone's happy!

Ok...fast forward to last night. I spent hours making a newsletter for everyone. Trying to find the best way to phrase everything so no one would be mad, everyone would understand what was going on, etc. I did it up all fancy with pictures and layouts, etc. Emailed it to my mom a couple of days ago. Nothing. Finally called her last night and asked her about it. She goes, "oh yea. I think I saw that." Well.....Did you read it? "Some of it. I glanced over it." Ok, by now the blood is boiling.
"mom, I spent hours working on this. For YOU. I could really care less whether these people know what I'm doing. And you can't even look at it?"
:mad:
So she pulls up the email (all the while complaining about my email address, which is maxwell wedding ... because she "can't ever find it".) Clean out your inbox mom. So I say,"well, it's my name." and she replies with, "It's not your name yet." In this really condescending hateful tone. Grr. Two months away from the wedding. Come on!
So after she reads the email, all she has to comment on are:
1. I didn't put our names in the right order and
2. I make it seem like I'm going to pay for everyone to come down and vacation in WDW. WHAT?!?! (I did nothing of the sort, btw).
So I finally get a vague, non committal "it looks good" from her, and get off the phone as fast as I can.

Whew. Sorry about the vent. I just can't take it anymore. I am so afraid that she's going to ruin my wedding! She's not going to get enough attention, or be fed on time, or have to get up too early, or pick a fight with me or dad, or whatever. I am terrified! She can't just be happy. I honestly think it's an attention thing. It scares me to say it, cause it's my mom, and you arent supposed to think of your parents that way. But she is a selfish person, who needs to be the center of attention. Please please please don't ruin my day!!

Ok, well...my original plan was to get on here and put up all my musical selections. Glad that I came up with such a happy topic instead! :laughing: I'm going to go make coffee, and then I'm going to follow up with a happier, more fun post. :thumbsup2

:hug:

i'm sorry your mom is doing this to you. i'm glad you vented because it probably made you feel a little better :goodvibes family can be hard to deal with :(

i've been trying to figure out what to do about telling guests who aren't invited too (which is everyone :laughing:). i feel like i should tell them i'm getting married, but i don't want it to sound like a cry for help on my registry :laughing: i like your newsletter idea--and i know they're time consuming. it will all work out!!

:hug:

i'm sorry your mom is doing this to you. i'm glad you vented because it probably made you feel a little better :goodvibes family can be hard to deal with :(

i've been trying to figure out what to do about telling guests who aren't invited too (which is everyone :laughing:). i feel like i should tell them i'm getting married, but i don't want it to sound like a cry for help on my registry :laughing: i like your newsletter idea--and i know they're time consuming. it will all work out!!

Thank you! You're right, I do feel so much better!

I think you'd be fine just sending an announcement. I dont think any normal person would think it was to get a registry gift! Unless you included a link. :laughing: Which of course you wouldn't! The newsletter was fun because I think it makes it seem more like a sharing of good news instead of a pseudo invitation. Word has a few good templates that expedites the process and you can make it as simple or as fancy as you want. Might be worth looking into. Are you going to do any "at home" stuff when you get back?

Thanks for your encouragement. It definitely helps!

Your Mom sounds very similar to my Mom! My Mom will pretend to be happy about things when she is talking with me face to face but then when I bring it up again later she will slip in some sarcastic or negative comment. When I ask her flat out what is wrong or what she doesn't like about it she puts on her happy face again and says that everything is great. I finally flat out told her "Mom, if you have a problem with this wedding or with the person I'm marrying or whatever then tell me now. I would rather hear this all from you now than 10 years from now but the negative side comments are getting old." Then she claimed that I was being way too sensitive and that she has been joking the whole time etc.. Moms can be so frustrating sometimes! I definitely hear ya on the Mom issue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter