• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Not So Scary, Very Merry, Honeymoon - An Oct/Nov 2012 PTR

So what do you do when you can't sleep and there's only 14 days left to your wedding, and just 16 left until you go to Disney World? Well, you go on the DISboards of course! :thumbsup2

Good morning DISsers! :goodvibes

It's certainly a cold one here in Halifax. We had our first frost warning of the season last night, and boy, there's frost on the pumpkins this morning. Brr! (that's an expression I've heard many times growing up...don't know if it's a local thing or not) It's currently a meager 1 degree outside, which for the American's in the crowd, is just 34 degrees :scared: I guess it's time to break out the heavier sheets and PJ's :sad1:

So all the news about the new Fantasyland has my head spinning! I can't believe we might actually be able to see it! That makes me even more excited than I was 24 hours ago, which I didn't think was possible :hyper: I'm sure that's part of the reason I can't sleep :rolleyes1

But here we are, with just over 2 weeks to go, and the full weight of things has finally hit me....2 weeks from today I'm getting married. It's going to be a crazy day filled with appointments, photos, and probably tears (though happy tears), and we'll be running around most of the day, and...I'm so excited! :woohoo: The stress of the wedding seems to have abided and made way for the excitement that has been long contained. :cheer2:

Then, we'll have one day to recover, and relish in the fact that we're now a married couple :cloud9: and then...

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! :dance3: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :cheer2:
:jumping1: party: :dancer:

I feel like I should be buying stuff for the trip, but to be really honest, I don't think I need anything...except for maybe some new sneakers and a few pairs of shorts. I'd also really like to pre-order the photo pass, but I sort of need money to do that, and while the photo pass would be awesome, I kind of need sneakers and shorts more than I need that :laughing:

So I don't really have a whole lot of news for you guys right now, but I'm hoping to come back and do another double post at some point next week or the following week. I hope you all have a great weekend! :goodvibes

We had snow here on the island today! Nothing stuck to the ground, but some really wet snow came down for a little while earlier. Brrr is right! I don't remember October ever being quite this cold this early!
Wow, just two weeks until your wedding! How exciting! Two years ago, this Saturday was my special day, so I'm feeling some serious wedding reminiscing. It wasn't this cold. Hahaha

Finally caught up on your PTR. It sounds like you are going to have a great trip. I love that you guys will be trying out a lot of non-park things. Wreck it Ralph in DTD must be awesome. Will you be seeing it in the dine-in part of AMC? Seeing a movie there is on my to-do list for our next trip.

I thought of you when I heard that Fantasyland was having some soft openings. That would be awesome if you did get to experience it.

Enjoy the next two weeks :) They may go by fast but they will remain a part of your best memories.

We had snow here on the island today! Nothing stuck to the ground, but some really wet snow came down for a little while earlier. Brrr is right! I don't remember October ever being quite this cold this early!
Wow, just two weeks until your wedding! How exciting! Two years ago, this Saturday was my special day, so I'm feeling some serious wedding reminiscing. It wasn't this cold. Hahaha

:scared1: It's far too early for snow :sad1: Thankfully it never did that here. Don't get me wrong though, I love snow...being a skier and all, but October is still too early for snow, in my opinion.

Aww, that's awesome. Happy 2 years! :goodvibes

Finally caught up on your PTR. It sounds like you are going to have a great trip. I love that you guys will be trying out a lot of non-park things. Wreck it Ralph in DTD must be awesome. Will you be seeing it in the dine-in part of AMC? Seeing a movie there is on my to-do list for our next trip.

I thought of you when I heard that Fantasyland was having some soft openings. That would be awesome if you did get to experience it.

Enjoy the next two weeks :) They may go by fast but they will remain a part of your best memories.

I had no idea there was a dine-in part of the AMC :eek: I guess I need to do more research! :laughing: I am pretty excited to see it while we're there though, especially since we'll have been at the "arcade" all day before we see it.

I really, really hope we get a chance to see some of the new Fantasyland, but I'm still trying not to get my hopes up, because they can stop the soft-openings at any time. It would really make my trip if somehow Test Track was also in soft opening, but I think that's just wishful thinking since it's not supposed to open until December 6th now. :sad1: At least with the new Fantasyland there might be a chance. :wizard:

I'll be sure to try and relax a bit over the next little while, so I can enjoy it :goodvibes

13 days left! Just 13 days! :banana: :dance3: That means that I can do on-line check-in in just 3 days! :woohoo:

So, now it's time for..

Day 12, Friday November 9th!

Hopefully we'll wake up today feeling refreshed and well-rested, because today we will have a relatively early start. We'll get up, have our breakfast, and be off as quickly as possible to...

AKSignnearparkinglot1.jpg

Animal Kingdom!

There are morning extra magic hours here today, so I want to take full advantage of those, and do whatever we can in the time we have. I'm hoping we won't tire ourselves out too quickly though, because it will be a long day.

So, after our adventures here in the Animal Kingdom, we will have to leave around 1-1:30 pm, and make our way over to...

DSCN0784_filtered.jpg

The Magic Kingdom! Or is it?

We'll have to get off our bus at the stop, and make our way over to the Wilderness Lodge.

wilderness_lodge.jpg
not my photo

I'm thinking that we might be able to walk if we have enough time, but I'm thinking we'll likely end up bussing over.

Anyway, we're going to the Wilderness Lodge, because we've got lunch reservations at 2:20pm at...

whisperingcanyon.jpg
not my photo

The Whispering Canyon Cafe!

I know that they recently changed their menu so that you can't get the all-you-can-eat skillet at lunch, which is what I was really looking forward to, but I'm sure they'll have other options that we will enjoy just as much. The time of the reservation is prefect though, so I really didn't want to risk changing ADR's.

So, once we've been thoroughly stuffed, we'll probably wonder around the grounds of the resort, or maybe hop on over to another resort on the monorail loop and check it out for a bit, before heading over to the Magic Kingdom again for...

IMG_4464.jpg
not my photo

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

I am soo excited for this! :santa: I'm beyond excited that I get to share it with my fiance, who's never been to this party before, and that I get to experience it again! I really hope she enjoy's it, and I also hope that it's the same as I remember it. I'm a little worried they won't have everything in place like they did when I saw it last time though, because I was there on one of the last days it was operating.

So, here we'll stay for the duration of the evening. I'm hoping to get there around 5, and stay as late as we can. We many not stay until close though, because the next day is going to be intense, and we'll need to have enough sleep to make it through, so stay tuned for Day 13, our last park day :sad1:

Awww, what an awesome day! AK, lunch at the WL, then the party!
DH and I absolutely loved the Christmas party. It's just so adorable!

I absolutely love the Wilderness Lodge. Still my favorite resort.

I love the Christmas party! It's so cute. I love seeing the castle all lit up. Sounds like a great day!

Good evening DISsers!

This weekend has been a pretty crazy one for me, but I’m here now, and ready to give you the last update with my plans :sad1:

*NOTE: All the photos in this post are from my Christmas 07' trip, since some of the Christmas decorations may be up when we're at the parks on this day*

Day 13, Saturday November 10th!

So, as I said when I last left off, this is going to be the most insane day. Why, you might ask? Well, what do you do when you’ve got just one last day to go on your favourite rides, eat your favourite Disney snacks, and soak up the atmosphere of your favourite park? The answer is simple! You go to all the parks so you don’t miss anything!

That’s right guys, we’re attempting to do all 4 parks on our last day. Here’s our plan!

We’re going to wake up early, of course, have a quick breakfast, and then head on a bus over to…

IMG_0538.jpg

Hollywood Studios!

There are EMH here this morning, so we’re just ducking into the park for a “quick” jaunt. We’re planning to ride Toy Story Mania and Star Tours ONLY. Once done with these rides, we will make our way out of the park, and hop on a bus over to…

IMG_0748.jpg

Epcot!

Since we won’t be able to ride Test Track, we’ll likely end up doing Sorin’ and quickly touring World Showcase for any last-minute things we need to pick up, or any last-minute Food and Wine booths we want to get in.

I’m hoping we’ll get all of that done by 3:00 so we can then head on over to…

IMG_1001.jpg

Animal Kingdom!

Much like our visit to Hollywood Studios earlier, we’ll likely only ride Dinosaur here and then head out. If we have time or need to do anything else here, we’ll do it quickly and then head out. I’m hoping to leave by 5:00pm and then hop on a bus to…

IMG_1166.jpg

Hollywood Studios!

Now, I know you’re asking yourself, why on earth would we go there again, after having already been in the morning? Well, the sole purpose of this evening visit to the Studios is to see the Osbourne Lights, of course! The opening night of the lights is the day before, so I’m expecting it to be really busy, but I am so excited we get to see them! I can’t wait to see my fiancé’s reaction.

So, we’ll probably stick around being awed by the Osbourne Lights until around 8:30pm, at which time we’ll hop on yet another bus, but this time, going to our final park of the day…

IMG_0735.jpg

The Magic Kingdom!

There are extra magic hours here this night, so we’ll try and stay as long as possible. It’s open until 1am.

So, as you can see, we will have an insanely busy day, stopping for a few quick bites here and there, and doing our favourite rides and seeing anything we want to see one last time. We will likely be really tired and somewhat sad when we return to the hotel for our last sleep before we go home. :sad1:

Day 14, Sunday November 11th.

:sad1:

This is the worst day of the trip, by far.

Departure day.

BOO! Hiss!

So, we’ll sleep in a little bit, only because we will have been out late the night before, and finish packing anything we need, and then go for breakfast one last time.

After breakfast, I’m anticipating us having to check-out and get the ME back to the airport :sad:

Our flight out leaves at 2:10, so I think we’ll have to be on the ME around 10:10, which, if you ask me, is entirely too early. I can see 3 hours early, but 4 hours is a bit much. :sad2:

Anyway, once we’re at the airport we’ll probably browse around in the stores a bit before making our way to the security check and going to our gate.

Our flight leaves at 2:10, like I said, and arrives in Toronto at 5:02. We have to do customs there, which I’m not thrilled about, but our flight home doesn’t leave until 7:15pm, so we’ve got some time to get through that and relax a bit before our last flight of the trip.

I don’t think I’ll be excited to get home, but it will be nice to see my parents, who will be waiting for us at the airport when we land at 10:20 pm.

And thus concludes the itinerary portion of my PTR, finished just one week before we leave…well, almost. We leave next Monday, so the countdown on my desktop tells me I have 7 days, 13 hours, and 10 minutes left until we leave!

In other news, we’ve had a productive weekend getting ready for the wedding. We ordered our food today, paid for our cake, and the hall, and picked up some decorations. I’m continuing to work on the music, and it’s going…okay. I’ve got a dance play list of about an hour and a half so far, so I’ve got a good start on that.

It’s hard for me to believe that in just 6 days I’ll be married…we’ve been planning this day for close to 2 years, and it’s finally almost here.

OH! I almost forgot an important thing…

I started packing today!!! :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :banana: :cheer2:

I'm pretty sure ME is still 3 hours early...unless it recently changed.

I will love to hear if you make it to all 4 parks. I would love to try it someday, but will have to wait till Claire is older. She would never make it.

Wow. That last day is making me tired! Good luck!

If your flight is at 2:10 they'll pick you up at 11:10. I believe it's 3 hours not 4.

I'm pretty sure ME is still 3 hours early...unless it recently changed.

I will love to hear if you make it to all 4 parks. I would love to try it someday, but will have to wait till Claire is older. She would never make it.

We'll see how much we actually get done on that last day, but last trip we hit all 4 parks on the last day with a break back at the hotel, so hopefully this time we'll be able to do it again. It's not for the faint of heart though :laughing:

Wow. That last day is making me tired! Good luck!

If your flight is at 2:10 they'll pick you up at 11:10. I believe it's 3 hours not 4.

My last day is making me tired already too! :laughing:

Oh I so wish it were 3 hours, but I'm pretty sure it's 4 hours for "international flights" which, mine technically is, since I'm connecting through Toronto :sad1: It would be a pleasant surprise if it were 3 hours though!

Yay for the packing!! I hope your stopover at Pearson isn't too hectic. I totally avoided Pearson by going through Buffalo. I found it quicker, cheaper, and a lot less hassle.

Only a few more days! Best wishes to you and your soon-to-be wife! I am super excited to see wedding (and trip!) pics once ya'll get home and settled! Best wishes and safe travels, and who knows, may see you in the World :thumbsup2

Hey, Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your (soon to be) wife :bride: a wonderful week end and an magical/awesome honeymoon. I really hope you have a great time :) It's been great reading your PTR and I look forward to hearing all about your trip when you get back.

I don't want to miss it, so ill say it now...
I hope you both have a beautiful, perfect wedding day and that it goes smoothly!
After that, I hope you have an awesome honeymoon!

Thank you so much for the well-wishes guys! :grouphug:

Just wanted to pop in and give an update:

The hall looks great, we were there decorating until 10pm last night. I'm about to head off to my hair appointment, then I have make-up appointment, and then I need to get myself ready to go! I can't believe it's in just a few short hours!

SO, the biggest reason I came here to update was because our travel plans are now a bit different thanks to Hurricane Sandy. I was worried about not getting out on Monday and getting stuck, but in a mad-scramble this morning we were able to change our flights, so we are now leaving TOMORROW!!! :dance3: We arrive in Orlando at 8:55pm if all goes according to plan :cheer2:

One more sleep for us too! May see you along the way!!! I'm not sure what time you are getting married today, but you WILL be married by the time you read this so CONGRATS!!!!

Thank you so much for the well-wishes guys! :grouphug:

Just wanted to pop in and give an update:

The hall looks great, we were there decorating until 10pm last night. I'm about to head off to my hair appointment, then I have make-up appointment, and then I need to get myself ready to go! I can't believe it's in just a few short hours!

SO, the biggest reason I came here to update was because our travel plans are now a bit different thanks to Hurricane Sandy. I was worried about not getting out on Monday and getting stuck, but in a mad-scramble this morning we were able to change our flights, so we are now leaving TOMORROW!!! :dance3: We arrive in Orlando at 8:55pm if all goes according to plan :cheer2:

So by this time of day I can officially say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you both on your special day! I hope it was amazing. I hope your weather was like ours here, a sunny, beautiful day! Perfect for an October wedding!!
OMG I can't believe you had to change your plans, here's hoping the storm doesn't mess anything up for you guys. But YAY for an extra day!!!
Have an amazing honeymoon and I can't wait to hear every detail (and some wedding details too, I love weddings) when you get home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter