Our Not So Scary, Very Merry, Honeymoon - An Oct/Nov 2012 PTR

Since when do I only have 37 days left?!?!?! OMG! :scared1: I know I shouldn't be freaking out this much about a WDW vacation, and normally I would be on the verge of being ecstatic, however, I'm the complete opposite now because there's only 35 days left until the wedding! OMG!!! :scared1: :scared1: I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time left! Anyway, to help me calm down...

Day 8, Monday November 5.

We'll wake up, hopefully to a gorgeous clear sky, and head over here...

POP-fd-ct-nite-60s-lobby-arcde-nite-HDPool-room-store-113_zpsa523a9ab.jpg
not my photo

for some breakfast...maybe some of these...

l_zps06b1a9ca.jpg
not my photo

and then where will we go?...

10906329_zps08382faa.jpg
not my photo

Remember how I was saying I may need help to figure out what to do on some days...well, this is one of those days. Sort of.

I have no idea what to do this morning...I know I want to go to a park, but I'm not sure which one...any ideas? :confused3

So, after our lovely morning in [insert a park of your choosing], we will take a bus over to...

DSCN1211_filtered_zps3eb92a7f.jpg

The Studios! Where we have reservations at 5:05 pm at...

DSCN0441_filtered_zpscbc254d0.jpg

the Hollywood Brown Derby. :woohoo: I'm just a little excited about this meal. :hyper:

I figure we'll probably stay in the park until it closes and then head back to the resort.

I know it doesn't sound like an overly exciting day, but that's because I don't know what to do in the morning, so I'm coming to you Disney experts for advice. :thumbsup2

I've never had the waffles at Pop so I didn't know they did that. So cute!

What park is supposed to be the least crowded that day? Go there!

I have been a bit burnt out on the DIS as well, but now I am back full force, LOL! I think everyone has those times. =)

As for the morning at DHS, maybe you could take in a show? YOu could have a low key morning and do the rides like GMR, the One Man's Dream attraction, etc.

Found your report through my mom's (weezy26nm) trip report! You two will be down there pretty much the same dates as we are! Its such a good time to go, since you get to do Halloween and Christmas :cloud9: I'm a little late coming to this PTR, and I know how excited I am for WDW, so you must be about ready to burst with a wedding and a Disneymoon in just over a month :eek:

A new Pirates of the Caribbean ride?!? Please! tell me more! I never heard about this!

I moved to Halifax at the end of June and one of the things I was SUPER excited about was...geocaching! :thumbsup2 (sorry I'm jumping around, and writing A LOT but I am writing this as I am reading the PTR!)

Looking forward to more PTR and wedding pics!!!

I've never had the waffles at Pop so I didn't know they did that. So cute!

What park is supposed to be the least crowded that day? Go there!

Would I be a bad DISser if I said I've never used a crowd calendar to plan my days? :blush:

I have been a bit burnt out on the DIS as well, but now I am back full force, LOL! I think everyone has those times. =)

As for the morning at DHS, maybe you could take in a show? YOu could have a low key morning and do the rides like GMR, the One Man's Dream attraction, etc.

I've never really explored the One Man's Dream attraction since it got revamped, so that's a good option...:scratchin

Found your report through my mom's (weezy26nm) trip report! You two will be down there pretty much the same dates as we are! Its such a good time to go, since you get to do Halloween and Christmas :cloud9: I'm a little late coming to this PTR, and I know how excited I am for WDW, so you must be about ready to burst with a wedding and a Disneymoon in just over a month :eek:

A new Pirates of the Caribbean ride?!? Please! tell me more! I never heard about this!

I moved to Halifax at the end of June and one of the things I was SUPER excited about was...geocaching! :thumbsup2 (sorry I'm jumping around, and writing A LOT but I am writing this as I am reading the PTR!)

Looking forward to more PTR and wedding pics!!!

:welcome:! Also, welcome to Halifax! :thumbsup2

While I am excited for WDW and the wedding, I'm also getting stressed trying to get things together for the wedding, so unfortunately that seems to be taking over at the moment, but I'm sure that will subside the day before the wedding because at that point everything will be done, or if it's not, there's no sense in worrying about it :laughing:

When I found your mom's PTR I thought it was pretty neat that we were going pretty much exactly the same time. I think would be awesome if we ended up bumping into one another while we're there, but it'd be a long shot...though, we are going to the same MVMCP, so you never know :scratchin

The Pirates "ride" is being called an attraction, and it's in the same place that the Narnia walk through was, so I'm not sure how in depth it could get, but from the sounds of things, it will be pretty immersive. "Guests will walk in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow in a "first-of-its-kind sensory experience", said an article I read about from the DIS. It was rumored to be opening in the "fall" so hopefully it will be open, but I haven't heard much on it.

I don't know how much time I'll have to post wedding pictures before we leave, but there will be some when we get home! ::yes::

Well if you spot mom or I be sure to come say hi!!! An impromptu DisMeet would be awesome to have in my trip report :rolleyes1 hahaha The Pirates thing sounds amazing! Anything Captain Jack is good in my books :cloud9:

Mmmmmm POP waffles!
I'm excited to hear about the Brown Derby.
For that morning, I advise the monorail on the resort loop! Go look around at all the different resorts!
Or a nice slow morning at DHS, watch all the street performers, the parade, the shows, do any attractions you might never have done due to time... etc.

Well if you spot mom or I be sure to come say hi!!! An impromptu DisMeet would be awesome to have in my trip report :rolleyes1 hahaha The Pirates thing sounds amazing! Anything Captain Jack is good in my books :cloud9:

I agree! :thumbsup2 And I'll be sure to say hi if I spot you guys ::yes::

Nope cause I never used one until this year! :)

Oh good! I'm glad it's not just me :blush:

Mmmmmm POP waffles!
I'm excited to hear about the Brown Derby.
For that morning, I advise the monorail on the resort loop! Go look around at all the different resorts!
Or a nice slow morning at DHS, watch all the street performers, the parade, the shows, do any attractions you might never have done due to time... etc.

I like both of those suggestions! :thumbsup2

Also, welcome back! :wave2: I hope your trip was awesome! I'll take a look at your TR in a few :)

Sorry I’m late! Yesterday was a bit of a crazy day, so I wasn’t able to get on the DIS at all, like I usually try to do before work.

So, without farther ado….

Day 9, Tuesday November 6!

So, today we’ll get to sleep in a bit and take our time getting ready, then go have our breakfast and head on over to…

BlizzardBeach_pg_big.jpg

Blizzard Beach!

Now, I’m still a bit reluctant to go to a water park in November, but since it’s Florida and the water’s heated, I keep telling myself it’ll be fine :laughing: I hope it is!

So, what will we do while we’re there…probably take a ride on the lazy river

BlizzardBeach090.jpg

And take a dip in the pool

blizzard-beach-08.jpg

And of course, hit the slopes!

blizzard-beach-09.jpg

blizzard-beach-02.jpg

Then, once we’ve had our fill for the day, we’ll head on over to…

downtown_disney.jpg

Downtown Disney! We have a reservation at 4:05 pm at…

DSC_4394.jpg

Bongos Cuban Café! I chose this place based on its menu alone. I haven’t heard anything about this place, but I figured, since we’d probably be hungry after a day at the ski hill that this place would have something we’d enjoy.

After dinner, then what? I dunno! Maybe if it’s open we’ll check out Splitsville

splitsvillerendering-1024x689.jpg

If we have any left over money from the wedding, we might go see this…

La-Nouba-Disney.jpg

So, today should be a fairly laid back, more relaxing day. I’m hoping we’ll be able to have an early night so we can go back to the resort and enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, the wedding is slowly but surely coming along. I got picked up my dress from the seamstress yesterday, and I have to say, I am really happy with it. It was hard for me to imagine the final result, but now that I’ve seen it, I don’t think I would have wanted any other dress than the one I have. I can’t wait to dazzle my fiancé with it.

Our Mickey Mail came this week, so we now have our luggage tags and voucher booklet, as well as our Magical Express stuff. I had to call them to update our flight info though, so I’m thinking we may end up getting another ME package with the updated info.

Last night after work, my parents brought my dog Jade over because for the next week and half (at least) we will be doggie sitting her while they’re on a cruise and then at USO and WDW (I would normally say I’m jealous, and while I sort of am, I’m not really since I’ll be going so soon!). I say at least because my dad has made her a chubby doggie, almost to the point of being really unhealthy. Because of this, I’m seriously considering keeping her here until we go away to try and get her back into shape. I would love to have her permanently living with me, but my mom would be devastated. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone grown so attached to an animal before, so as much as I miss her all the time, I would feel really bad taking her away from my mom…but, at the same time, I would feel good knowing that she won’t be getting all the junk my dad feeds her. It’s a bit of a dilemma, really.

Anyway, I should get going. Only 29 days left! :banana: :woohoo: :dance3: :banana:

*Please note: None of the pictures in this post were taken by me...come to think of it, I should have also posted this disclaimer on my last post too*

Hey, I need to catch up on your pre trip report! I can't believe how fast your wedding is approaching. I'm sure the next month will fly by.

Don't worry about going to a water park in November. We went in March when I was a kid and has a BLAST because it was near empty (no locals) and we could actually tolerate being out of the water (we returned in August and it was unbearable.)

Blizzard beach! Cool! I've never been there, some day I'll have to take a trip over. I'm not much of a water park lover though.
Awww I hope you guys get to see La Nouba! I love that show sooooo much!

Hey, I need to catch up on your pre trip report! I can't believe how fast your wedding is approaching. I'm sure the next month will fly by.

Don't worry about going to a water park in November. We went in March when I was a kid and has a BLAST because it was near empty (no locals) and we could actually tolerate being out of the water (we returned in August and it was unbearable.)

It's already flying by :laughing: Sometimes I want to hit the slow mo botton, lol, because it feels like it's all happening too fast

That's good to know though, and makes me feel much better about visiting a water park this time of year :goodvibes

Blizzard beach! Cool! I've never been there, some day I'll have to take a trip over. I'm not much of a water park lover though.
Awww I hope you guys get to see La Nouba! I love that show sooooo much!

I would love to see it again, and be able to take my fiance to it, I just know she would love it :cloud9:

Blizzard beach looks so awesome! In a little while, you will be away from the cold and starting your new lives together in the happiest place on earth!

so i've managed to let myself get behind on this, but i look forward to catching up eventually!

Joining in and it sounds like you are going to have a magical honeymoon. Looking forward to reading more.

I love the themeing of BB! Can't wait to see pictures! I am trying to decide if I want us to try a water park next Oct...

Blizzard beach looks so awesome! In a little while, you will be away from the cold and starting your new lives together in the happiest place on earth!

I can't wait!!! :cool1: :cheer2:

so i've managed to let myself get behind on this, but i look forward to catching up eventually!

It happens...I'm a bit behind on a lot of the PTR's I've been reading too...life happens :laughing:

Joining in and it sounds like you are going to have a magical honeymoon. Looking forward to reading more.

Welcome!!! :welcome: I hope you enjoy it! :goodvibes

I love the themeing of BB! Can't wait to see pictures! I am trying to decide if I want us to try a water park next Oct...

Like I said, I was a bit reluctant to go in November, but from what I've been hearing Orlando has been unseasonably warm the past few weeks. My parents are there right now and said it's been around 107 most of the days they've been there. :crazy2: So, I think that given these circumstances, a water park in October or November isn't unreasonable. :thumbsup2

I hope all of my Canadian readers had a fantastic Thanksgiving! It’s the reason I wasn’t able to post anything all weekend, so I apologize for that, but I’m here now…coming at you with not one update, but two! I figure this way I might be able to redeem myself a little.

Anyway, on to…

Day 10, Wednesday November 7!

I’m pretty excited for this day, because it should yield a few firsts for us.

We have a really early start today. So early, infact, that we may have to take a taxi to our breakfast ADR. I’m hopeful we can bus, but we’ll see. So, we’ll wake up, get ourselves ready, and head out the door to...

kona-cafe-300x192.jpg

Kona Café!

We’ve got a 7:45 ADR at Kona Café. I’m really excited about this one because I’ve heard so many good things. I will most definitely be trying the tonga toast. I’m not a coffee drinker though, so I’ll skip that in favor for something more appealing to me.

So, not that I’m hoping we’ll be rushed, but I’m hoping we can get finished our meal and head promptly head over to the park for the day…

DSCN0794_filtered.jpg
This is the only photo that's mine in the post for this day

The Magic Kingdom!

I wanted to be here early for the Rope Drop show

mickey-2.jpg

Neither of us have seen it before, so I thought this would be the perfect morning to try and make it over in time to see it.

We will have an awesome morning at the Magic Kingdom, meandering our way along, doing whatever strikes our fancy. Then, around 12:00, we’ll head on over to the resort monorails, and take one to the Contemporary because at 1:00, we’re going…

para-paul.jpg

Parasailing!

I’m really excited about this. It’s something my fiancé has always wanted to try, but never had the opportunity, and it’s something I’ve always been curious about. The only way we are able to do this is that I scored a great deal on it with a groupon.

So, once we’re all done with what will hopefully be that awesome experience, we’re going to head back over to the MK for the rest of the day. Last I checked the park closes at 7pm that day, so it will be an early night for us if we want it to be.

And now we’re on to…

Day 11, Thursday November 8!

Can I just say, I can’t believe how fast this is going! There’s only 2 more days left to reveal! Well, 3, but the last day is sad/not exactly exciting. Holy cow, how time flies!

So, today we’ll have a slow, leisurely start to the day. Sleep in as long as we like, take our time with breakfast, and then we’ll head on over to…

DSCN2569_filtered.jpg
This is the only photo on this day that is actually mine

Downtown Disney!

We’ll likely do some shopping and browsing, and then we’ll head over to our destination for the day…

disney-quest-orlando-united-states1152_12836430501-tpfil02aw-15524.jpg

Disney Quest!

Now, I’m not anticipating us staying here all day, but for a good chunk of the day we’ll probably end up exploring this place. We’re both not overly into video games, but I saw a video on You Tube that essentially walked through the place, and it looks like we’ll probably do quite a bit here.

Once we’ve had our fill, we’ll continue on exploring DTD, and eventually make our way to our dinner reservation, at 7pm for…

DD-westside_Wolfgang-Puck02.jpg

Wolfgang Puck Café!

I’ve heard great things about the express part of this restaurant, so I’m hopeful that the TS part will be just as awesome.

Once we’re done our dinner, we’re hoping to catch the late show of…

Wreckitralphposter.jpg

Wreck it Ralph!

We figured, there’s no better end to this day at the ‘arcade’ than watching a movie about video games.

We may have to change up the order for a few things, but essentially we’re hoping to do Disney Quest and see Wreck it Ralph, and of course, we can’t forget about our ADR.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there you have it, days 10 and 11.

The wedding planning is coming along. I’m a little worried about music, because we don’t really have much gathered, and we’re the ones doing the music. :scared: Other than that, everything is going along well. We’ll just need to get a few decorations and order our food, and everything is pretty much set. Part of me wants to wish these next 2 weeks away, but I have a feeling they’ll go by pretty quickly on their own. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter