our non-rushing (sorta) disney anniversary w/ PICS & VIDEO! new TR link - p. 136

after we got off the TTA we headed to the exit of space mountain to wait for anna and chris. luke decided he was tall enough to ride now!

DSC05218-1.jpg

we waited for awhile but started to get antsy and so ray and luke went to play in the mist. luke kept telling me to come with them but i didn't because i didn't want to get my camera wet. he kept saying, "oh, come on, dawn!!!!!" :rotfl:

DSC05220.jpg

DSC05224.jpg

i called anna and she said a little bit of a line had formed, but they were almost on the ride. so we decided to head to fantasyland to see what was going on there and anna said they'd meet us there.

DSC05225-1.jpg

on the way luke discovered the tomorrowland speedway. he LOVES cars! he's really big into going fast right now, so he was really enjoying the speedway. so we decided to let him sit in the stands and watch the cars for awhile.

DSC05227.jpg

DSC05231.jpg

anna and chris showed up shortly after and luke was begging to ride the race cars, so they did that while ray and i went to fantasyland. the first thing we ran into was sebastian's dance party!

DSC05235.jpg

nothing like a giant dancing crustacean to liven up a party!!!

DSC05236.jpg

ray wanted me to see cinderella's carriage so we headed that way. it was sitting to the left of IASW in front of that ginormous bathroom area. so pretty!!!!

DSC05241.jpg

we decided to ride dumbo since we hadn't done it yet this trip. by this time it was around 11:30 and we were thinking this might be our last ride, so ending it with dumbo seemed appropriate. :sad1:

i thought this was a pretty view while waiting in line.....

DSC05246.jpg

flying elephants!

DSC05248.jpg

DSC05250.jpg

another pretty view while sitting in our elephant waiting for the ride to start.....

DSC05251.jpg

yes, i took a picture of dumbo's backside. your life is now complete.

DSC05256.jpg

anna had called me while we were waiting for dumbo and said that they were gonna ride pooh, so we met them at the exit......

DSC05259.jpg

we thought about riding snow white after that but we were all exhausted, especially luke, and it was around 11:40, so we decided to head towards the park exit. the dreaded time had come.....the time to leave the magic kingdom. :charac2:

we started our slow march towards the exit from fantasyland.....

DSC05261.jpg

DSC05263.jpg

DSC05265.jpg

DSC05266.jpg

DSC05267.jpg

DSC05268a.jpg

ray stopped to film the statues. i have no idea why he's so obsessed with these but i think it's cute! you can hear the music in the background - not the typical music they play at magic kingdom. it's very cool to be in that park late at night with a very small crowd and hearing that unusual music (well, unusual for MK anyway). seeing this just takes me back to that night and being so happy to be there!

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=27279040&postcount=1942

main street was just GORGEOUS during the party!

DSC05269.jpg

there were all kinds of colored lights reflected on the buildings and they had little light shows being played off them with treasure chests and jolly rogers, etc. sooooooo cool!

there were lots of photopass photographers set up along main street so we stopped to get some night shots in front of the castle.....

Picture147.jpg

Picture140.jpg

Picture129-1.jpg

Picture133-1.jpg

i love that last one! :love:

i took pics as we walked down main street......

DSC05270.jpg

time for the carriage to turn back into a pumpkin!

DSC05271.jpg

i had seen these window displays on the right side of main street as you're facing the train station and i wanted pics of them, but they wouldn't turn out during the day. so i made sure to get them as we left that night.

DSC05272.jpg

DSC05273.jpg

i love this one! it says, "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world...and it should be surrounded by a train." --Walt Disney

DSC05274.jpg

i think he succeeded! :goodvibes

DSC05275.jpg

DSC05276.jpg

DSC05277.jpg

finally, we made it to the train station. it was soooooo cool......they had fog going everywhere as you walked underneath!

DSC05278.jpg

it was at this point we realized we were really leaving. anna decided to capture the feeling of the moment.....

DSC05280.jpg

:rotfl2:

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=27279062&postcount=1943

of course we got a few last pictures before we left our favorite place in the world!

DSC05289.jpg

DSC05286.jpg

DSC05285.jpg

DSC05283.jpg

i was sad to leave MK but i knew i'd be back in exactly 4 months, so that made it a little bit easier! ;)

we were all soooooooo beat on the bus ride back to SSR. luke sat next to me and he was nodding off the entire time. i told him he could lay his head down on me but he didn't want to. when anna asked him if he was tired he said, "i'm checking it out." i looked at her like........what? she said he says that when he's tired.....that he's checking out whether or not he wants to really go to sleep or not. isn't that the funniest thing?????? :lmao:

so sweet.......

DSC05290.jpg

DSC05292.jpg

DSC05293.jpg

we all were out as soon as our little heads hit our pillows. as you guys know, we only had a studio, but the couch pulled out into a VERY comfortable bed just big enough for chris, anna and luke. i don't think we could've done this all week, but for one night it was fine. sweet disney dreams were had by all about the great night we'd just had!!!!! :cloud9:

up next......we head home.........:sad:

Awww, great update!! I am so excited that we might be going to the P&P party!!!!!!

Luke is soooo cute!!! Love the dancing pictures!!

Well, I have to say, Dawn, that I don't think you will be bored the next three days!!! :scared:

Luke's dancing pics are cracking me up! He was definitely getting his groove on!

Great end of the night pics!!!

I can feel Luke's exhaustion in those bus photos!

It's a good thing that you will have another TR after this one, because otherwise I would not want it to end!

Hey Erica, I have the vera bradley purse at the upper left hand corner of your suitcase!! I love it!!

I have become a Vera FREAK!! That doesn't include my 4 hipsters I have and my messenger bag......crazy :sad2: I know

Have fun with the packing! The anticipation is almost as fun as the actual trip!
thanks! i'm almost done with all of it. i think erica's way ahead of me.

I HATE packing!!!! HATE HATE HATE IT!!!!

I always take to much, and almost never have exactly what I want :confused: ....not sure how you manage that

Then on the way home tonight I was wondering how much clothing I really wanted to take. I know we can do laundry but that's not really top on my list to be dealing with. And since I have an Xterra :yay: we can take just about anything we want/need.

Arrrrrggghhhhhh....packing :rolleyes:

well, all i have left to do is pack some last few things, finish charging my camcorder battery, finish the deposition i'm working on and turn it in on tuesday, finish my TR, clean my house and get a haircut! whew!!!!!!!

You've got some thing to do!! But yeaaaaa you'll have your work turned in before Wed morning :woohoo: ....I know you are working hard :headache:

Love the dance pictures and this one is great!!

This is AWESOME!! :love:

I always have to take my farewell picture of the castle too :rolleyes:

What a GREAT night you had at MK!!!

All of the pics are just wonderful. My favorites are
1. the pic of you and Ray smooching in front of the castle...so cute.
2. Dumbo's booty! :rotfl:

I'm impressed that you all made it till midnight, especially Luke. It's so cute that he says he's "checking out."

That was a great update. I felt like I was really there. The smoke coming out of the tunnel looks really cool. I'm sad this is coming to an end, but I guess the next TR is just around the corner. :cool1:

I love it when little kids dance:banana: They are so uninhibited and just let their little bodies move however. If only adults could feel like that. Just do whatever. I can't believe you made this TR last until your next trip starts! Good planning. I hope you girls don't have too crappy weather. Look forward to following along on your next trip.

I have become a Vera FREAK!! That doesn't include my 4 hipsters I have and my messenger bag......crazy :sad2: I know

My mom and sis are Vera freaks!!! They used to try and get me to get some purses and they would tell me that they last a long time, blah blah blah.
So, I went and bought one with a wallet and check book cover and I love it!!!! I just loved the black with the bright colors all over it and it matches everything I wear!!!:rotfl:

thanks for that final update before I head off to bed. :cloud9:

I just finished Erica's TR from christmas, thanks for those amazing pics Erica!! Add in the beautiful halloween decorations posted here and I have decided that when I win the lotttery (yep, keep dreaming!!) I will buy myself an AP and visit WDW in each season, do the halloween, christmas and pirate/princess parties plus hit up the F&G and F&W festivals too. Anyone care to join me? Lapu lapu's (or maybe grey goose slushies) all around!!

Hope the vandygirls have a great trip and stay dry. I'm looking forward to the next TR.

I just finished Erica's TR from christmas, thanks for those amazing pics Erica!!

I :love: taking pictures and I've got a good camera to do it with

Here's hoping it won't be raining the whole time where I have to keep it covered or just be leaving it in the room pixiedust: and I will bring you guys back many more!!

visit WDW in each season, do the halloween, christmas and pirate/princess parties plus hit up the F&G and F&W festivals too. Anyone care to join me? Lapu lapu's (or maybe grey goose slushies) all around!!

Alright...I'm IN!! :cool1:

Hope the vandygirls have a great trip and stay dry. I'm looking forward to the next TR.

Thanks I know we will have a great trip!!

I'm going to buy a decent poncho tomorrow to help ward off the rain :upsidedow

Great update! I want to dance with Sebastian. Do you think Anna would lend me Luke so I have an excuse to join the party? I promise I'd give him back!

great update and pics

I have the same gOOFY SWEATHSIRT. I LOVE IT.

The party was such a blast, I cannot wait for the halloween party

Lots of good pictures! Those are sweet pictures of Luke just being a little boy - riding, dancing, falling asleep - very cute.

I'm sending the Genie your way so you can make a good weather wish.

P1100373.jpg

Looks like right now it would be realistic to be hoping for decent weather, because beautiful weather might be a tall task even for Genie right now.

I'll at least hope you are able to have good weather for the Halloween party, because I really want you to experience that.

I so clearly remember looking at this sign on the way out last October

P1100488-1.jpg

and agreeing with Jill that indeed we did have a great big 'swell' time!

I want so much for you to be able to have that same feeling, much like you did at the Pirates and Princesses Party.

So, good thoughts for you guys for the trip and especially good thoughts for those who have homes and lives in the path of this destruction that is coming on shore this morning. That has to be so sad and so frustrating to watch that coming at your house knowing you can do absolutely not a thing about it.

Awww, your trip has nearly come to an end!

What a fabulous last night (and day!) though. Looks like soooo much fun! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter