our non-rushing (sorta) disney anniversary w/ PICS & VIDEO! new TR link - p. 136

Great fireworks pictures :thumbsup2 The kid with the light sabre would have POed me as well.

I love the teaser pic for the next installment. That type of tour is on our itinerary as well. :goodvibes

Dawn- You guys had a lot of fun in fantasyland, without kidlets. I love those rides. LOVE THEM! I really want to run into the stepfamily whilst I am there. I saw them from a far a few trips ago, but they were still fairly new regulars out, so they were swarmed!

So now with the fireworks, how DID that child get in front of you? Did you ever say anything to him? I am the type of mom who doesn't stay quiet, especially if it effects me or mine. I would have said, "Sweetheart, I need you to keep that toy to your self, so I can take photos with out your items in them." If that didn't work, I would tell the parents, remove the child with the toy or I WILL take photos of your family and plaster them on the internet. ;) well at least I would of "thought" that last one. :rotfl:

You crack me up with your comments on the family in front of you. That response is something that I would say, except I would probably say it a little louder and let them know that they were in my way. That is one of my pet peeves while at Disney. We usually find a place for the parade 1 1/2-2 hours before parade time, so I get a little ticked when people wait until the last minute to find a place and then they try and cram under the rope and smash me or try and take up room I'm saving for my family. Anyway, loved the update! Happy to hear that Brooke and her BF are having a good time this go around.

I loved the end of the last video where we can hear you say "Just let them go!" :lmao: You crack me up! I would have been the same way. As much as Disney's the Happiest Place on Earth it's SO easy to get annoyed by inconsiderate and plain ol' stupid people in the parks. UGH! :rotfl: At least you got some awesome pictures out of the deal because your pictures of the fireworks after you moved the camera came out great!

Punkin413, i'm new to the boards and i've been lurking on disboards for a while now and I came across your Trip Reports and I just wanted to say that they are so entertaining and awesome. I love your latest updates!:) :upsidedow

our latest installment of where in the world are brooke and jon?

i talked to brooke this morning. she said that dinner at cali grill last night was great! they went horseback riding this morning and she said it was fun, but she was kinda disappointed because the CM told her that no cameras were allowed when she made the reservation. when she got there, she realized that you could take pictures, just not at certain times. so she had no camera. bummer! :sad2: but they had a great time anyway.

when i talked to her they had just come in from the pool and were getting ready to head to the poly to have lunch at captain cook's, then going up to the tambu lounge to have a lapu lapu (i'm a bad influence, i guess!) then they were heading over to MK for the day. they have EMH tonight so they will be out late! they're having dinner at LTT tonight so brooke can get a picture with her beloved goofy!

if i had to guess, i'd say they were eating at captain cook's right now or maybe just walking around the poly, looking at everything and wishing they were staying there! :laughing:

I love the expression on the little girl's face in the first picture as she is trying to figure out the step-sister.

We've got fireworks of our own going on up here right now. They just came on TV and said the strongest storm in the area is headed toward our city.

i know....isn't that cute? i forgot to mention that when i was writing that installment.

hope you guys didn't have it too bad last night! it's storming here right now, but i'm hoping it will pass soon because i was gonna lay out at anna's mom's pool today!

Aww Dawn - your pix still came out great - in spite of light sabre boy!

Can I just say how freaking cute you and Ray are in your mickey ears? Good for you both for keeping them on as long as you did!

And just remember ....... you may be 31 in the real world, but at WDW you're still a kid!

awwwwww.....thanks! we love our mickey ears. it's kinda funny b/c ray will act like he's kinda indifferent about disney but the minute we walk into MK he pulls out the mickey ears. :laughing:

I had never heard that about Cinderella's horse. I will have to look for it!

Glad Fantasyland cleared out a bit... so you could do stuff. I agree Mickey's Philharmagic is the best 3D! I could watch it over and over and never get enough.

Your wishes photos are great... sorry about the lightsaber.... I hate those things!

i don't mind the light sabers as long as they're not poking me or in the way of my pictures! :headache: your girls would get such a kick outta riding cindy's horse - you should try it next time!

I was thinking the same thing....that is hilarious! To bad you don't know her mom and you could send it to her!

i totally forgot to mention that when i was writing this installment. isn't she cute?

We've got some good ones too.....no TV right now :eek: Luckily it doesn't usually kill the DSL!! :woohoo:

it's storming here now. hope it wasn't too bad last night for you guys! and what in the world would we do if we didn't have the DSL?????? :scared1:

You got some great pics even though you were having to 'hold' your camera :mad:

i know! i was surprised they turned out as good as they did.

I can't wait to see Wishes.....1 month 3 weeks!!!!!!

:dance3: i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow !!! :thumbsup2 aweseome Wishes pics! I'm sorry about the lightsaber-welding-rude-get- in-your-spot family however! :rolleyes:
Ray seems to really be enoying himself in Disney...love the carossuel pics with his ears on and everything....very cute!
And another Epcot day...what will you do ????? :rotfl:

thanks! he really loves disney as much as i do.....he just doesn't like admitting it to anyone. when we're watching TV and he sees anything disney on TV, he leaves it on that channel, if that tells you anything! ;)

Awesome update!
The stepsisters look like soooooo much fun! That picture with the kids is priceless, the stepmother looks so icy!

I cannot believe it about the parents MAKING OUT while their kid was a complete annoyance to those around them. I think a kiss here and there is sweet, but when it's affecting those around you, ugh. But, thankfully you still got some amazing Wishes pictures! I love them all!!

And woo-hoo for the surprise of going to Epcot! I look forward to your next update. :surfweb:

the stepmother was AWESOME! she was really in character.

yep, they were making out. i mean, they weren't laying down or anything, but they were kissing the WHOLE TIME and just all over each other. PDAs are sweet.......to a point. but this was really annoying.....especially since their kid was acting the way he was.

Punkie! YOU are a Trip Reporting ROCK STAR!

And of course I noticed your edgy DOC photo, missy! :rolleyes1

hey, UM!!! glad to see ya here. :goodvibes

Love the shadow on the floor pic!

I am def taking a cue from you and going to around the same spot for Wishes because I have yet to see Tink fly!

I can not believe Ray wants to go to Epcot again! How awesome!

oh, you have to see tink fly next time!!!!!! when are you going back? just look for her wire and get underneath it........you'll have a great view! it's just so magical.

What a wonderful MK day!

Your fireworks pics turned out great.

It's awesome that Ray is becoming an Epcot fan!

thanks! i know....i was soooooooo surprised that he suggested epcot!

The CMs at Tomorrowland Speedway have almost always offered to take our picture, also. I guess that is stressed to them, since they usually have a few seconds of waiting before the cars take off, unlike a continuous ride.

that's the first time i've ridden it as an adult........how cool that they offer to take pictures! :goodvibes

Brooklynn has ridden Cinderella's horse before. Better start taking your notes and learning from the little one! ;) We've never seen anyone race for it, but we've only taken her to it twice, in case others did know about it and wanted to have the privilege. I like the story that is told in the oval pictures around the top of the carrousel. I took pictures of a few of those this time.

can't wait to see your pictures of it. the details at disney are what makes it so special!

You have a lot of good fireworks pictures. Next time you're grumbling about someone in Disney, maybe you should turn the camera on yourself and let us in on it. I mean, we should get the full experience that you had, right? We've seen Sweet Dawn and Funny Dawn and Wacky Dawn. Maybe we're ready for Mad Dawn. :mad: Maybe.

i don't know if you're ready for mad dawn. it's not pretty. i have my dad's temper and it's NOT something i'm proud of. i usually can keep my cool but sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my brain! that's why ray is good for me - he's so level-headed.

It was nice that Beana and Mattica got to ride such a thrill ride as TTA. I want to see them flying up and down on Tower of Terror, however. :)

they made us put them away for those rides!!!!!

Church camp starts this afternoon, so I won't be able to play "Where's Brooke?" much this week. I'll check in when I can, and I do hope they have a fantastic time throughout the whole trip. As I write, it is 4:35, so they are most likely asleep in their Pop Century room. That one I can guess pretty accurately, I think.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

have fun at church camp!!!!!!!!!!! i used to work church camp as a teenager. when i was 15 i had the 8-year-old class and it was quite an experience! :rolleyes:

i will be back with more responses later! we have to go run errands right now. home depot is about to have a few less black and yellow mickey heads!!!! :lmao:

Great update! I would have been furious at the kid and his lightsaber, too. I always try to go out of my way to make sure my kids aren't bothering other people -- I don't know why others can't do the same thing! :headache: Your pictures still turned out fantastic, though!

You and Ray look like you had a fabulous time in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland!

That's too funny about Ray's suggestion about Epcot -- I found out that alcohol was the key to Charles's happiness at Epcot, too, on our past trip! :laughing:

she called me when they got near orlando to see if there was a disney music station they could listen to the on the radio.

Look they're turning into Disney fanatics just like us. Glad she and Jon are having fun. Love your latest installment. Great pictures of the fireworks. Yucky for those parents.

loved the last installation. (btw, sorry if there are typos in this installation bc my puppy dog is layin on my lap asleep while im sitting at the computer and im having to hold her with my left arm and type with only my right) whew this is tiring. Anyways im gonna steal your shadow idea if you don't mind. Only thing is, while DH loves disney (not as much as me though!) he's not too int ears... I'll keep working on him though!

Yay LGMHs and BMHs!

WOW those pictures of wishes are amazing, what camera do you use??? Im the same way, I get annoyed with stupid people at disney too...Especially when its parents who are disregarding their children lol. I cant believe they told her no camera on the phone...what a shame because when scott and i went they offered to take pics of us with my camera.... :( I love drinking around the showcase... I should make a shirt that says "I love drinking around the World Showcase!" haha

I love the shadow photo, who needs a silouette done :rotfl:

What a horrid boy, glad Ray calmed you down though and lovely Wishes photos :goodvibes

great update and pics.

Disney World is for kids? :confused3 I don't think so, I think it is for all.

The lightsabre would have bothered me. that is just rude.

:badpc: :badpc: :badpc: Had a whole buncha multi-quotes but my computer is not cooperating. Grrrrr...

Yeah for the idea of a mini meet in Connecticut! Keep it in mind when you head up this way! :)

As several others have said, that little girl's expression looking at the wicked stepsister is priceless. She's looking at her like "lady, what is your problem?" Luckily it looks like she recovered in time for the group photo when she's grinning.

Your carousel pictures are too cute. I love that you both wear your ears. The shadow picture was very creative and came out great!

Would you believe I've never seen Mickey's Philharmagic?? Planning to rectify that in October.

The Speedway... again you two are too cute. I loved this as a kid but haven't been in >20 years probably. Maybe I'll put that on the list for October too. :confused3 I've heard they are trying out hybrid cars for the ride but they aren't working so well. With the price of gas and environmental concerns seems like a good idea to me.

I'm always looking for a good spot for Wishes - yours sounds good minus the "get-a-room/light-saber-wielding" family. What is with people?? My goodness if the world were just as perfect as us...:rolleyes: But seriously that would have REALLY annoyed me-- you and Ray handled it well! And your pictures came out great!! Even the one w/ the light saber. ;)

Glad your sis is having a good time. I like living vicariously through the "live" what is she doing now reports :)

And have to agree with Charleston Princess that alcohol is often the key to happiness ;)

Great updates!! I love your updates about your sister--when my brother and family were at Disney last month, I did the same thing throughout the day. It is fun thinking about others enjoying the magic!!!:cool1:

Great update!!! The pictures are just awesome as always!!!
I would have took that light saber and threw it as far as I could!:lmao:

Great update dawn!!! I love your castle shots..glad to see the obnoxious family didn't ruin your creativity or good time! :)
LOVe the preview pick of the beers from Epcot..this will be a doozy coming up i suspect ;) :rotfl:

punkin, can i make a small off topic request? If you get a second, would you or anyone else for that matter mind reviewing my upcoming adr ideas? You seem to have good-food taste and great planning and I'd appreciate it if you could give me some pointers. Plus it looks like you may have been to most of the ones I haven't! Thanks in advance!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884774

Also, any updates on your sis' trip??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter