~Our March 'Just Engaged',freezing,and full of surprises trip~Updated 6/23 p.76

Day 1: March 13th, 2010

We woke up around 4 a.m. Of course I didn't get very much sleep, so I was already up when the alarm went off. :laughing: Mom, Dad, and Sis all got up to talk to us while we finished packing some last minute things and loaded up the car. I have to admit, I kept saying how weird it was that they weren't packing too. I was so nervous to be going out on the road without them. They kept reassuring me that we were going to have so much fun and that I was going to my favorite place in the world. :goodvibes

We said our final good-bye's and pulled out of the driveway around 5:10 a.m. I had packed some donuts, sandwiches, and lots of fruit and other goodies to eat throughout the day, so we were planning on only really stopping to fill up on gas or use the restroom. It worked out really well! :thumbsup2

We drove until 6:30 a.m. and of course I needed to use the rest room already :laughing:, so we pulled over at the next rest stop. After we got back on the road, we drove until 9:30 a.m. and filled up on gas.

We made it into Kentucky around 10:50 a.m. Then, we made it into Tennessee around noon. We were making GREAT time! :woohoo:

We made it to our hotel in Chattanooga around 4 p.m. Check-in went fast and I was even able to score us a room on the 1st floor! :woohoo: (For those of you who don't know, I'm claustrophobic and HATE elevators :rolleyes:)

We opened the door to our room and saw this:

001.jpg

Haha, can you see my Disney bag?! :cutie:

This bed was the most comfortable and amazing bed ever! We wanted to take it home with us!:

002.jpg

Our flat screen t.v., huge closet to put clothes, and desk area:

003.jpg

Cute bathroom. The sink area was neat!:

004.jpg

Luckily, we had our GPS with us, so we used it to find a Target nearby to grab some jeans from Fiance. Most of you don't know, but Fiance and I have started exercising and eating more healthy things. Fiance has lost so much weight he has gone down sizes in shirts and jeans, so he needed some new clothes for the trip. Of course, he procrasinated and we needed to go shopping now instead of before the trip! :rolleyes:

The GPS took us to a suburb of Chattanooga, East Ridge or something, and we saw there was a Kohl's in the same area, so we went there instead because Fiance has found more clothes that he likes there. After we were done there, we used the GPS to find somewhere to eat. We tried Chilli's, but there was a 45 minute wait and we just didn't feel like doing that after being in the car all day. So, we settled on Famous Dave's right near by.

I had the chicken caesar salad and Fiance had the St.Louis Ribs. Both were good. :thumbsup2

After we were done eating, we were ready to go back to the room and get ready for bed. We changed into our pj's, snacked on celery and peanut butter, and watched some of "Monsters vs. Aliens".

We remembered that at 2 a.m., the clocks would be changing for Daylights Savings Time, so we made sure to set our alarm according to that. I had been talking to Kristen (xoktenox) all day, and I talked to her some more before we fell asleep around 8:45 p.m. It was so hard to believe that the next day, I would be at WDW! I was dancing in my sleep! :dance3: :laughing:

Up next: Getting to WDW and our first day of surprises.

Yayyy day one and already I've been mentioned :banana:

You guys made some great time down to TN! And when you told me you were eating celery and PB, it made me really crave that :rotfl2:

Oh and that bed does look super comfy! :thumbsup2

Great start.... Good for both you and Df for the healthy eating and exercising. :thumbsup2

That rooms looks really nice, that bed does look incredibly comfy!!

popcorn::

Awww yay!! Great start girl!!!

That bed does look comfy!!!!!

I am gonna have to get that purse!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Yayyy day one and already I've been mentioned :banana:

You guys made some great time down to TN! And when you told me you were eating celery and PB, it made me really crave that :rotfl2:

Oh and that bed does look super comfy! :thumbsup2

:laughing: Yes! You've already been mentioned!

I couldn't believe how fast we got there.

:rotfl: I'm sorry I made you crave that!

It was very comfy!

Great start.... Good for both you and Df for the healthy eating and exercising. :thumbsup2

That rooms looks really nice, that bed does look incredibly comfy!!

popcorn::

Aw thanks girl!

It was such a nice bed!

Awesome start:thumbsup2 Can't wait to see more!!!! popcorn::

Thanks! :)

Awww yay!! Great start girl!!!

That bed does look comfy!!!!!

I am gonna have to get that purse!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Haha, I knew you'd love the purse pics! :)

Great start :thumbsup2 Very nice hotel room!

I LOVE your bag. I was really, really debating on a wristlet when I was there last month but I didn't end up buying it. Oh well, my birthday's coming up :rotfl:

Isn't a GPS fantastic? I love that it can track down nearby places for you. I'm so excited for you guys to get to WDW and to hear about your surprises!

Yaaaaaay for making great time! And oh my gosh - that bed DOES look super comfy! :thumbsup2

You mentioned peanut butter & celery... so I had to go get some. Now Jake and I are watching the Disney channel and eating some PB&C! :goodvibes

Great start :thumbsup2 Very nice hotel room!

I LOVE your bag. I was really, really debating on a wristlet when I was there last month but I didn't end up buying it. Oh well, my birthday's coming up :rotfl:

Isn't a GPS fantastic? I love that it can track down nearby places for you. I'm so excited for you guys to get to WDW and to hear about your surprises!

I have the wristlet too. I loved using it, especially on the drive there and back. I had my wallet in it, so I'd just grab that when we got out to get gas or use the restroom. I hope you get it!

Oh we love our GPS! :)

Absolutely!!!! I might be sending some moolah with you and Kristen in July! ;)

Aw, we would love to help you out! Be sure to check e-bay for one too, just in case you find a better price than what I told you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter