Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

You know what I don't understand... RO has always made deluxes cheaper for us but for some reason FD is cheaper! I priced it out 3 times for myself b/c I couldn't believe it!

Did it for a client as well and it was cheaper

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

It has always been that a RO for us (only 2 Adults) at a Deluxe was cheaper than FD too, but maybe FD is a better deal now that the DP is so much? The latest increase of the DP on 6/19 is just crazy high!

Plus the RO discounts are not as good as they once were!

Good Morning, RC family!

Today is going to be one of those days that feels like it should be a weekend, but Sophia and I will be out and about spending the day together as always. :goodvibes. After Rosie's VET check up, I am thinking a trip to the brand new little Aquarium might be just right today - ah, but the question is...will it be more crowded due to the holiday yesterday or less because more folks will be away for the long weekend? Decisions, decisions...:confused3

Jeannette, :hug: I am excited to learn what your resort decision will be today! Have you considered CR GW - or is the snack room a must? Silly me, I am sure you have considered every possibility...I do it all in my head because it would likely drive people around me NUTS - so it is fantastically fun (whatever that means lol) to ride along with your changes. :dance3: Feel free to text the latest!!. ::yes::

Have a delightful Friday after the holiday, RCers! :grouphug:

Christine Have a wonderful day with Sophia! :hug:

Hi Ladies, hope you all had a lovely independance day! I need some help here. My DM and DD watched the girls yesterday, we have arranged for them to watch them on MOndays and Thursdays while I go to work. My mom insisted upon this so that I didn't have to go back to working all evenings.
Well, she had DD9 in tears :sad:yesterday and so worked up after DH got home.

They were only here for 3 hours but she managed to convince DD9 that our eldest cat was DYING!!:faint: My mom has always been obsessed with death, negative things, sickness etc. She has not been feeling well, and can hardly walk without almost falling down, and she also cannot breathe right. She says she has pneumonia. Anyway, she told DD9 that the cat had lost weight, look at her eyes they look deathly, and she was not moving. Ummm...the cat was sleeping. I honestly thing she is starting to lose it, she is worse then ever. Very hard to be around.:worried:

The girls also said she was very snippy with them all. So, I was really upset. I grew up hearing my mom talk about death and dying all my life. It is kind of a theme, but I really don't want my girls to have to hear this. DD9 was hysterical last night.

I tried talking to her last night nicely about what happened but she denied everything and said DD9 made it all up. :confused3 Then I asked if they were truly up to watching the kids while we went away and she said probably not.:( So I have looked into it and I will only lose $100 if we cancel with Jetblue.

So DH and I have decided to take them to Boston with us.:upsidedow But now the hotels are nearly all booked up, and we only have a couple of options. To stay in Medford at the Hyatt PLace which looks nice, has free breakfast, parking and is affordable. But far from the downtown and a 40 minute journey to Fenway Park by public transport.

Or the Hilton downtown Fanueil Hall. It is in the financial district, is pricey and the reviews are not great. But easier to get around with the kids to things. More direct. I would just have to figure out how to get there with the van!! any thoughts?

DH is not happy. Very annoyed in fact. But he wants to make this work now. Sorry for the novel. Ugh.

Jen

Aye, no bueno!;) It's Friday, so that's a bit bueno. Jeanette, as a RC enabler, though I love the concept of BWI for all of you, may I make a suggestion? Howzabout an AoA FS?! I'm really feeling that for you and La familia. But, I think they only sleep 6 so maybe that wouldn't work since you don't have one under 3 which means a FWC wouldn't work either? Are we back to two rooms or a two-bedroom villa then? What are you feeling today? But, don't comment until you've had some sleep.

After the gym, I will venture over to a very large outlet mall where upon I will search the Disney Outlet for a goody or two, (though I usually come out empty handed:upsidedow). But, they've just opened up a new Vera Bradley outlet;)

Great having an update from Deena!
OOOOOH Vera Bradley AND Disney Store :cool1:

I teetered with the suite idea...but I've made a ch-ch-change......

AKL Pool View:cool1:
I had some help from HRH of course princess: AKL is the perfect resort for us (WL was the other choice) but for my future vet. And our favorite pool :beach: Flamingoes. And a great price!!!! 3 nights then Portofino 4 nights, this will be the CL splurge...

Sleep, no sleep...I do my best work tired. :rotfl2: I caught a good 5 hour nap at work last night!!!!;)

Good Morning, RC family!

Today is going to be one of those days that feels like it should be a weekend, but Sophia and I will be out and about spending the day together as always. :goodvibes. After Rosie's VET check up, I am thinking a trip to the brand new little Aquarium might be just right today - ah, but the question is...will it be more crowded due to the holiday yesterday or less because more folks will be away for the long weekend? Decisions, decisions...:confused3

Jeannette, :hug: I am excited to learn what your resort decision will be today! Have you considered CR GW - or is the snack room a must? Silly me, I am sure you have considered every possibility...I do it all in my head because it would likely drive people around me NUTS - so it is fantastically fun (whatever that means lol) to ride along with your changes. :dance3: Feel free to text the latest!!. ::yes::

Have a delightful Friday after the holiday, RCers! :grouphug:
Aquarium sounds wonderful, probably a little more crowded but many people are away too. I did look at CR GW..since DH wants stuff to do at the resort AKL seems perfect! 2 weeks until checkin!!!!

You know what I don't understand... RO has always made deluxes cheaper for us but for some reason FD is cheaper! I priced it out 3 times for myself b/c I couldn't believe it!

Did it for a client as well and it was cheaper

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
I'm surprised too, but that is AWESOME news for all our September RCers:thumbsup2

Ahh the "perfect vacation" :goodvibes

Hi :wave: So I been over reading about the 4th of July crowds at the Poly and although I always wanted to visit Disney for the 4th( won't now do to the H&H) I do know the resort Not to stay at
Goodness the picture someone posted of the people standing in front of their patio was crazy :crazy2:

I have to run out to do some grocery shopping, I want to get over to the cemetary too as I never did get there Wednesday it got just too awful hot out!
I bought pinwheels and flags to put on Jay's grave for the Holiday and missed it.
:hug: Be careful Sheila, I left work at 6am and it was nice out, got home about 40 min later..my sunglasses fogged from the H&H getting out of the car :faint:

Hi Ladies, hope you all had a lovely independance day! I need some help here. My DM and DD watched the girls yesterday, we have arranged for them to watch them on MOndays and Thursdays while I go to work. My mom insisted upon this so that I didn't have to go back to working all evenings.

They were only here for 3 hours but she managed to convince DD9 that our eldest cat was DYING!!:faint: My mom has always been obsessed with death, negative things, sickness etc. She has not been feeling well, and can hardly walk without almost falling down, and she also cannot breathe right. She says she has pneumonia. Anyway, she told DD9 that the cat had lost weight, look at her eyes they look deathly, and she was not moving. Ummm...the cat was sleeping. I honestly thing she is starting to lose it, she is worse then ever. Very hard to be around.:worried:

The girls also said she was very snippy with them all. So, I was really upset. I grew up hearing my mom talk about death and dying all my life. It is kind of a theme, but I really don't want my girls to have to hear this. DD9 was hysterical last night.

I tried talking to her last night nicely about what happened but she denied everything and said DD9 made it all up. :confused3 Then I asked if they were truly up to watching the kids while we went away and she said probably not.:( So I have looked into it and I will only lose $100 if we cancel with Jetblue.

So DH and I have decided to take them to Boston with us.:upsidedow But now the hotels are nearly all booked up, and we only have a couple of options. To stay in Medford at the Hyatt PLace which looks nice, has free breakfast, parking and is affordable. But far from the downtown and a 40 minute journey to Fenway Park by public transport.

Or the Hilton downtown Fanueil Hall. It is in the financial district, is pricey and the reviews are not great. But easier to get around with the kids to things. More direct. I would just have to figure out how to get there with the van!! any thoughts?

DH is not happy. Very annoyed in fact. But he wants to make this work now. Sorry for the novel. Ugh.

Jen

So sorry to hear this... :-/ I think I missed something though...Where were you going to stay when it was going to be adults only?

Jen

Jen I am SO sorry :hug: I am sure you will have a great time with the kids, but it's hard to lose that couples trip! And also to know what the girls are going through with your mom, because you had to grow up with it :hug: As much as I hate never seeing my DH, this is why I work the crazy shifts I do. We have no one to help with our kiddos either. And I am good with that, because I am pretty overprotective. If you want...come to Jersey drop the girls off and head to the Poconos I will watch them...I am trustworthy PROMISE!!!:flower3:

OOOOOH Vera Bradley AND Disney Store :cool1:

I teetered with the suite idea...but I've made a ch-ch-change......

AKL Pool View:cool1:
I had some help from HRH of course princess: AKL is the perfect resort for us (WL was the other choice) but for my future vet. And our favorite pool :beach: Flamingoes. And a great price!!!! 3 nights then Portofino 4 nights, this will be the CL splurge...

Sleep, no sleep...I do my best work tired. :rotfl2: I caught a good 5 hour nap at work last night!!!!;)

Aquarium sounds wonderful, probably a little more crowded but many people are away too. I did look at CR GW..since DH wants stuff to do at the resort AKL seems perfect! 2 weeks until checkin!!!!

I'm surprised too, but that is AWESOME news for all our September RCers:thumbsup2

:hug: Be careful Sheila, I left work at 6am and it was nice out, got home about 40 min later..my sunglasses fogged from the H&H getting out of the car :faint:

LOVE the change!! And yes, AKL pool view is a great price too for deluxe! Will it stick?? :-)

Jen I am SO sorry :hug: I am sure you will have a great time with the kids, but it's hard to lose that couples trip! And also to know what the girls are going through with your mom, because you had to grow up with it :hug: As much as I hate never seeing my DH, this is why I work the crazy shifts I do. We have no one to help with our kiddos either. If you want...come to Jersey drop the girls off and head to the Poconos I will watch them...I am trustworthy PROMISE!!!:flower3:

Oh my, thank you so much for the offer! Just what you need right, another 3 kids!!!:scared: I know it will be fun still with the girls. And they were so excited when we said we may bring them now.

I am just more upset that I cannot even talk to my Mom. She right away took offense on the phone. I will have to change my shifts back at work now too, which is totally fine too. I am just lucky they don't mind me doing that all the time. Do you think more $$$ to stay is better then traveling more on public transportation? I am thinking it will be better. Thanks for responding so quick.:grouphug:

So sorry to hear this... :-/ I think I missed something though...Where were you going to stay when it was going to be adults only?

Sorry Krystal, we were first staying at the Omni Parker House in a suite that held the five of us. Then when we went to adults only we changed to a more affordable room with just a King bed for DH and I. Now all the bigger rooms are unavailable there. :headache:

Sorry Krystal, we were first staying at the Omni Parker House in a suite that held the five of us. Then when we went to adults only we changed to a more affordable room with just a King bed for DH and I. Now all the bigger rooms are unavailable there. :headache:

Aahhh...I understand now. :-/ I forgot you had 5....

LOVE the change!! And yes, AKL pool view is a great price too for deluxe! Will it stick?? :-)
;) Me thinks yes...after all I am 2 weeks out. We had a most magical AKL trip last time. It's so amazing.

Oh my, thank you so much for the offer! Just what you need right, another 3 kids!!!:scared: I know it will be fun still with the girls. And they were so excited when we said we may bring them now.

I am just more upset that I cannot even talk to my Mom. She right away took offense on the phone. I will have to change my shifts back at work now too, which is totally fine too. I am just lucky they don't mind me doing that all the time. Do you think more $$$ to stay is better then traveling more on public transportation? I am thinking it will be better. Thanks for responding so quick.:grouphug:
Glad your work is flexible with you. Sorry about your Mom, frustrating..you're only trying to straighten things out and make sure she is okay. I would be more comfortable with location. But I know nothing about the public transportation up there...I am sure Candace can help with that department..or Christine...who else is familiar...my brain...can't remember..

Hi peeps!! Peeking in as I sit in my car texting with Pas ... :) Have to get my butt In for a workout ... Sam is sleeping in ... So rather be home on the DIS .... Love the RC pas, Jen I have no info to help only can give a :hug: to you .. Sheila, be careful with this heat! Christine have fun! :hug:

Will respond to posts later !! Love and hugs to all!

Jen I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Sometimes it's so hard dealing with parents because they are so set in their ways, they don't want to hear it if you feel they are doing something wrong. The girls will love Boston though!!! It will be great!!! :goodvibes

Oh, and the T is a great transportation option! Just hold the girls hands!!! My girls love riding the subway!

Jeanette AKL Pool View!! I like it, but will it stick??? 2 weeks to go, that's like an eternity to an RC'er....only time will tell. If we ever stay at AKL, I would do pool view for so many reasons. It's cheaper, there are viewing places all over the hotel. I would be fine with no CL, for it being on another floor as well as the resort being "harder" to get to frequently throughout the day. I think it's a wise choice!

If I can't get CR Atrium CL, AKL pool view might be what I end up booking...:scratchin

Heading up to Point Sebago Maine until Sunday....unlike my Disney trips, we are totally unprepared...as in packing right now, and my car still needs an oil change before our 2.5 hour drive unprepared....:crazy2:

Oh well, we will get it done and hopefully have a blast this weekend! :yay:

;) Me thinks yes...after all I am 2 weeks out. We had a most magical AKL trip last time. It's so amazing.

Glad your work is flexible with you. Sorry about your Mom, frustrating..you're only trying to straighten things out and make sure she is okay. I would be more comfortable with location. But I know nothing about the public transportation up there...I am sure Candace can help with that department..or Christine...who else is familiar...my brain...can't remember..

Thanks for your help Jeanette!:goodvibes I think AKL sounds fab!! I love all your choices so far!:thumbsup2

Hi peeps!! Peeking in as I sit in my car texting with Pas ... :) Have to get my butt In for a workout ... Sam is sleeping in ... So rather be home on the DIS .... Love the RC pas, Jen I have no info to help only can give a :hug: to you .. Sheila, be careful with this heat! Christine have fun! :hug:

Will respond to posts later !! Love and hugs to all!

Thanks for the hug Janet, thanks for letting me vent to you guys. I do love her lots but it is hard when she can be so negative.

Jen I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Sometimes it's so hard dealing with parents because they are so set in their ways, they don't want to hear it if you feel they are doing something wrong. The girls will love Boston though!!! It will be great!!! :goodvibes

Oh, and the T is a great transportation option! Just hold the girls hands!!! My girls love riding the subway!

Jeanette AKL Pool View!! I like it, but will it stick??? 2 weeks to go, that's like an eternity to an RC'er....only time will tell. If we ever stay at AKL, I would do pool view for so many reasons. It's cheaper, there are viewing places all over the hotel. I would be fine with no CL, for it being on another floor as well as the resort being "harder" to get to frequently throughout the day. I think it's a wise choice!

If I can't get CR Atrium CL, AKL pool view might be what I end up booking...:scratchin

Heading up to Point Sebago Maine until Sunday....unlike my Disney trips, we are totally unprepared...as in packing right now, and my car still needs an oil change before our 2.5 hour drive unprepared....:crazy2:

Oh well, we will get it done and hopefully have a blast this weekend! :yay:

Have a great weekend, and thanks for the transportation encouragement. I did end up booking the Medford Hyatt. Just couldn't pass up the free parking, breakfast and a bed for everyone. So we are good for now. Here is what it looks like:

Leave Monday July 22, drive about 4 hours. Planning on stopping at Howe's Caverns. Drive on to Albany to hotel.

Tuesday: Wake up and head to American Girl Store :rolleyes2, then onto Hyatt in Boston. Explore and dinner in the city!

Wednesday: city day, either duck tour, aquarium, childrens museum, shopping, DH wants to see Cheers. Ball game at night.

Thursday: Head to Newburyport for Whale watching, then head back to Albany hotel that night.

Friday: head home.

It sounds jam packed but I am hoping it all runs smoothly!

Jeanette I just had to stop by to say I love AKL and they have wonderful activities for the kiddos too. I love the Flamigoes too :thumbsup2

We visited the cemetary then off to grocery shop and boy were you right it got HOT in fact I told Bob we have to start going at night of course little chance of that since he suffers from night blindness

Jenny Your trip sounds fun, we did Howe Caverns with the boys many years ago :)

Thanks for your help Jeanette!:goodvibes I think AKL sounds fab!! I love all your choices so far!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the hug Janet, thanks for letting me vent to you guys. I do love her lots but it is hard when she can be so negative.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for the transportation encouragement. I did end up booking the Medford Hyatt. Just couldn't pass up the free parking, breakfast and a bed for everyone. So we are good for now. Here is what it looks like:

Leave Monday July 22, drive about 4 hours. Planning on stopping at Howe's Caverns. Drive on to Albany to hotel.

Tuesday: Wake up and head to American Girl Store :rolleyes2, then onto Hyatt in Boston. Explore and dinner in the city!

Wednesday: city day, either duck tour, aquarium, childrens museum, shopping, DH wants to see Cheers. Ball game at night.

Thursday: Head to Newburyport for Whale watching, then head back to Albany hotel that night.

I love Boston!! The aquarium was fun, definitely didn't take a whole long time. Legal Seafood is awesome for dinner if you like seafood!! We loved walking around Harvard too. :-)

Jenny sorry about your mom, it is very hard to watch them loose it, especially when your children are involved. My mom has Alzheimer's and a few years back, she was still in her condo (in Lauderdale) with aide support. We came to visit, staying with her. One night she came into the living room where my youngest DD was watching TV. I was down at the pool with other DD. mom came out telling my DD to get out, and why was she there, then locked herself in her bedroom. Totally freaked DD out. but the next morning mom came out and had no recollection of the previous evening.
So maybe your mom really doesn't remember what she did :confused3 :grouphug:

We stayed at a Hyatt Place on I Drive, and liked it.

Jeanette we loved the AKL pool view. Love the resort.

Mousemommy have a great trip

wookie sounds like some good shopping.

Time for a bit more of a reply...

Jen: Poor you and poor DD! :hug: Y'all will have lots of fun together though. :goodvibes (Hubbo and I don't even know what to do with ourselves when we have time off without the kiddo -- last time was our anniversary. We went out to a movie and had lunch whilst she was at school. Livin' the high life. :lmao: ) So feel for ya. My parents aren't up to the task of watching Miss M. Not that they wouldn't do it if we needed to and we were actually living close enough, just my dad has no energy for it (lots of naps, etc.) and my mom's not really with it enough mentally though it's the smoking which is the real issue (a lot. ALL the time. :rolleyes: to the point where it dictates how often she can be inside.) Blah. Anyway, you'll have to do a Boston review when you get back; would love to know what the girlies enjoyed most. ::yes::

Jeanette: Back home where you belong. :thumbsup2 Ch-ch-changed AKL, huh? Well, you know how I feel about that...

:dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2: :dance3:

I adore that place. Hubs STILL talks about how nice it was there. Those activities for the kids are so cool. :goodvibes I'm all :sad: that I won't get my BWI review but I know we'll get the scoop on wherever the Pas Clan winds up. :thumbsup2

Janet: Did you get your torture in? I'm still waiting for the mythical AC to get installed at our Y. It's as elusive as the Sasquatch, apparently. :rotfl:

~~====================~~

So, we didn't do much of anything yesterday. Miss M was buggin' her daddy. all. day. long. since she missed out on bugging him for the previous 4 days. (Had to make up for lost time. :laughing: Better him than me, I say. ;) ) We put her to bed to get a few minutes of sanity time... but then the city's fireworks started and we had those pesky little "parent guilt pangs" so I ran upstairs to wake her up. She sat outside in her PJs being held by her daddy with the biggest grin on her face watching fireworks. :lovestruc

As a side note, she doesn't like the flag we fly because it's "not the REAL flag" :lmao: We have a 13 star "Betsy Ross" flag -- no offense to the other 37, of course. ;) The real reason I chose it was I can't resist a little ribbin' of the hubbo on our patriotic days. Need to buy that guy a shirt to wear for next 4th, one that reads (Front, with a Union Jack)"We Celebrate Independence Day Too." (Back) "The Day We Finally Got Freed of You Lunatics." :thumbsup2 (He'd never wear it though :rolleyes:... and he loves all our holidays really. Especially getting to snuggle with his girl watching fireworks.)

Oh my latest DIS news... I booked our January flights a few days AGO! I guess we're going again! :woohoo:

And, in no particular order...
Kookster, Wookster, Candace, Sheila, Lacey, Deena, Sue, Koh, Christine, BlueJasmine, Heather, Linda, Magic (Linda 2.0), Willow, Alysa... (if I missed you, my apologies! I blame the heat.) you ladies have a good one. :goodvibes Edit: Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie! :worship:

Oh, darn! I'm so sorry I missed the talk about your visit to Boston! It is my home and know it inside and out. :thumbsup2. We lived in Cambridge when we moved to NC (not a fan of NC) walking distance to MIT and Harvard. Be still my heart. I lived on Beacon Hill and in Back Bay when I was younger...it is not only home, but home of my heart as well. :love:

If I can be of help, please pm or message me on FB ... Sounds like a wonderful trip!! :goodvibes

P.S. Oh, Jen...just went back to catch up and read about your mom. I am so very sorry...I take care of Sophia every day and have my moments, but never would or could I say such things to her. My heart aches for you. :hug:

About Medford - nothing is 40 mins by public transportation in Boston. Always allow an hour and then it will be great if you make good connections and it takes less time. ;) Will you be on the Orange Line? If so, then you'll be transferring from the subway to the trolley (Green Line) and of course, that takes time...you just never know when there is going to be a stalled train etc. Did you check for hotels in Cambridge or Somerville? Please be sure to check the bedbug registry as well! :) Let me know if I can be of help! I'd be happy to give you my cell in case you have questions once you are there. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter