Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Thanks guys!!! Woooohooooo!!! I'm so glad DD9 "came out" with her actual love of the GF...:rotfl: because I honestly feel like it's the best option since we can't do Poly. And DH will do whatever his girls want, he's outnumbered in this house.:lmao:

DD6 just said she needs to be able to wear a princess dress everyday while there. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dimndgal1

dimndgal1 One little spark...

Many thanks! Reading through the thread, I feel like I have found long lost soul mates... literal meaning of lost as we all seem to be hopping around. :)

I would LOVE to do CL, but DH feels that since we are open-closers on our trips right now, we should save it for when we can have a more leisurely pace... this is our first week long trip, and hopefully a spring-board into the lengthier stays! Once we get a feel for how much resort time we'll start having, I can see CL in our future!!! :cool1:

4. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Hi!:wave2: if you do ever try CL, be very careful! It is quite addictive, especially for a few of our DH's! ;):cool1:

5. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian peeps.... Sue, Jen, Marie :flower3:

Iheart:Post when you can :hug: just think of us as your life savers :)

Melissa, do hope the injections are working... Poor Sarah :hug:

Lacey, yes, one does have that constant burning feeling in the pocket with that AP! :) it certainlyl makes it easier to plan a trip with when we "don't have to pay" for tickets! :upsidedow

Pas, This is for Maddie :butterfly A big :hug: to HRH and our Queen.:flower3:

Trish: So sorry to read the news about your FIL :hug: Hopefully your FIL gets some strength havng your DH with him.

So how was the social get together? :) btw congrats to your DS.:goodvibes

6. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Welcome dimndga!! Sounds like you belong here :) Congrats on your newest little princess! princess:

Congrats on your latest RC! will update the "list" :)

7. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

FIL passed away last night:(. DD having hard time at college. Luckily her friends from home were there for a visit when I told her. (Their first visit , I got lucky that they there)

ds says he wants to do movie night very week. I guess with sis not home he feels like entertaining. :cool1:

:coffee:need more coffee ,so morning to everyone. Have a good Monday.:)

8. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

:grouphug: So sorry to hear this, thinking of all your family Trish.:grouphug:

9. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your FIL. :sad1:

10. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. My heart and thoughts go out to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

11. dimndgal1

So sorry to hear about your loss and wishing all the best to your family

:grouphug:

12. dimndgal1

Would LOVE for DH to get addicted!!! I get a rush just from seeing the signs welcoming you to property!

Many thanks!!! Very excited to get her immersed in the Disney experience. Older DD had the fortune of going to DL at 17 months, youngest will be 15 months. Such fun to see it from their eyes! Just have to figure out where those eyes need to get their princess sleep! :scratchin

13. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Trish I am very sorry to hear of your family's loss :hug:

14. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Trish, so very sorry…my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :hug: It must have been so difficult to tell DD in a phone call. It’s a blessing her friends happened to be visiting at this time.

DS seems to be branching out and charting his own path which is good! I see these changes in my DD as well.

It will be such fun experiencing Disney thru your two young princesses eyes. Those memories will be priceless. :flower3:

You mentioned POR in the mix :) It's a beautiful resort!! I've stayed there twice and wouldn't hesitate to do so again (heck I am staying there in December!! :goodvibes.

15. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Hey Janet! :wave2:

I noted that my dates are a little off on page one. I am there 8/16/14 - 8/26/14. :goodvibes

I am going to try my darndest to make sure this is the last change...:upsidedow

16. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

I got that newsletter too Candace, I was gonna buy UNTIL I saw the price for the framing, etc....:scared:

:hug: back atya girl!!! I HAVE to bring the kiddos back there, I also have NEVER heard of it! Thank you!!!:flower3:

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving...sorry I missed it, I worked a 44 hr. weekend..and it was busy :sad:

:goodvibes :hug:

We are thankful for you too Jen :grouphug:

:welcome: to our happy family!! Glad you found us!

My suggestion would be WL, and pixiedust: for some summer discounts...then maybe BC would be doable (with a daybed request so all could have their own bed):beach:
    :rotfl2: Sorry, I mean AWESOME change :thumbsup2

NO WAY :rotfl: Although, Sugarloaf rocks...IDK about a final change for Candace...she is as bad as me :upsidedow in a good way of course

This is GREAT news!!! And princess dresses rock
    SO addictive!!!

:hug: Thanks BFF, welcome back, you were missed! One more final this week, I have lost 3 lbs. this week...life is good today:goodvibes

17. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Trish So very sorry to hear of your loss, keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

18. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Ugh, yeah, the framing costs, etc....were up there. But, DH was really excited about it. Every time we go down there, he says "We need to buy stock in this place". :rolleyes:

We only bought 1 solitary share, but it's our little peice of the magic. :goodvibes

19. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. Been a rough day with dh with his family in fla and dd not home either.

Thanks again for the good thoughts and prayers. It has helped.

20. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear that... *hugs*

Thoughts and prayers with you and DH's families

21. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

So my parents are thinking of taking a trip down to Disney in January or February and camping at Fort Wilderness. I wonder if I could talk DH into letting me take the kids for a long weekend or something...LOL. Who am I kidding...