Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana::banana: I think I fried my vacuum sucking up all that drywall and other dust for the past 2 months. Had to go buy a new vacuum yesterday :faint: decided on a Dyson.
    It's been a long haul, but was worth it. The place looks great. Now need new furniture for downstairs rec room, but going to take my time as I'm not sure what I want yet!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

:cool1::cheer2: It must feel good to be done Sue! And yay for a Dyson, they are supposed to be excellent.:thumbsup2

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Welcome back!!!! I had often wondered where you went. And he finally proposed!!!! How exciting!

I love our Dyson!!!!! :goodvibes

5. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Janet: Can you add our May dates to the first page??

May 8 - 16
    Resort to be decided!:rotfl:

Thanks!!

Jen

6. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Well there you go then Sheila...come on down!!! Bella too of course, Maddie would be thrilled to have a roommate like you :flower3:

:rotfl: BEST PLAN EVER!!!
    :mad: So stupid, because you know it's a nosy neighbor thing...jeez I hope nothing happens :hug:

HANNAH!!!!! :hug: OMG HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were missed!!!

For our newer RCers..Hannah had been an RCer since our stepdisney was the RC Queen (miss that fine lady, she is a full time teacher, like our heather)...AH, welcome back girlfriend! First good first..CONGRATS! I knew you two were in it for the long run :hug: Port Orleans sounds very romatic for a Disneymoon!

I am very, very sorry for your losses :hug:

:dance3: Very happy for you Sue!!

:cheer2: F&G here you come!!!!!!!!!

Guess whose DH was on YouTube watching Christmas videos of Epcot and MK...and old River Country...extinct rides..ummm basically all things Disney....MINE!!!!! I am SO happy:cool1:

7. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Don't you just love that? :goodvibes

I was shocked to find mine reading up on menu's at GF restaurants last night. :cool2:

8. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Yep, just trying to squeeze in one more trip before the AP's expire...knew that was going to happen.;)

My DH has been known to peruse the Disney videos too! Love it!!

9. pas130

He has NEVER done it, yep we were looking at GF café breakfast menu..he said it looked much better to him than Kona:goodvibes And, I did almost change him to Sugarloaf...I saw a promo yesterday for cheaptickets...which was 25% off on top of the WDW discount..with tax it cam out to $397/nt..BUT I am attempting to be frugal :rotfl2:
    :cool1: Awesome!!! I hope he makes it a habit, I may turn him yet!! He's asked if we can do the 1st day at Epcot..yep that is the plan!!!

10. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Darn frugality. It has me looking at WL today....:rolleyes1

11. pas130

:lmao: I am sooo gonna jinx myself BUT I haven't changed from the poly in over a month. 49 days to go. I'll just change DHs resort...hahaha

12. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

I've missed so much, sorry to all. :blush:

Trish: My condolences to your family. :hug:

Sheila: I'm so sorry you've been getting that sort of news in such a cold, uncaring way. :hug: Social media can be more stressful than its worth -- more often than not. :rolleyes:

All my Canadian pals: Happy Belated Thanksgiving! :grouphug: Hope everyone has some excellent meals and family time over the weekend.

Hannah: Sorry for your losses. :hug: Glad to see your return! :goodvibes Congratulations on the engagement -- very exciting times are in store.

Sue: Going to be posting any reno pics?! :hyper:

Jen: Is that another one before the APs expire?! popcorn::

Janet: Hope you didn't get too many dirty looks from the coworkers! ;)
    Loved the chit-chat. :hug:

---------------------------------

Well, this is the week for us. Found out last Friday that the end of this week will start furloughs for the hub's work. With the trip coming up, it's bad timing to say the least; I just can't seem to muster any enthusiasm with this hanging over us. I really should be packing and making lists but can't seem to focus on it. :confused3 Anyway, enough of my whining. Taking Miss M to the dentist this afternoon for a check-up ... but she's got a tooth that has another one coming in over top of it. :scared: Not sure how they normally handle these things; I thought the adult teeth tend to push the baby teeth out but this one's a fighter. :upsidedow My offer to wiggle it goes rejected every time.

13. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Do NOT change!!!! This is the perfect opportunity to experience the Poly again before all of the hoopla! Stay strong lady! :goodvibes

:hug:

Sorry to hear about the furlough. :sad2:
    Hopefully a deal comes through that will make that not happen.

I know how you feel though. I want to be sooooo excited about our August reservations but it is hard. Even though DH is working and getting paid (and supposedly guaranteed by law to be paid), I feel like there is still uncertainty. It sucks! :crazy2:

14. dimndgal1

dimndgal1 One little spark...

The furloughs truly suck! I was supposed to start a CIV position with the Navy in January but that's been put on indefinite hold due to cuts and furloughs. Grateful DH is 'secured' even if we're not 100% when/if pay drops. I hope you don't have to postpone!!!

Also, I had two teeth come in behind my baby teeth. One ended up loose enough I was able to get it out, the other had to be pulled - truly annoying!!!

SO sorry to hear of your losses! Both my grandfathers passed within 3 days of each other last year and it was truly hard to cope. Like yours, however, both were in great spirits until the end: one passed in his sleep, the other during heart surgery. I hold close the fact that they didn't suffer and were positive even until the end!
    Congrats on your wedding! I really wanted a Disney wedding but married into the military where my options were "pick a long weekend and hope I don't have duty" :rotfl: I made him promise for a vow renewal down the road at Disney, though, and we did APs for our 'honeymoon' the year we lived in Florida.

And here you are the one telling me to go big!!! ;)

I am so glad I found this thread because DH thinks I'm crazy! In fact, I haven't called Disney since Saturday and he asked last night if I thought they would worry about me since it had been so long. :rolleyes: I told him to be careful or I'd get really crazy and lose all frugality and end up CL somewhere!!!

15. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I was just looking....I haven't done anything rash yet...:lmao:

16. dimndgal1

dimndgal1 One little spark...

Suuuure... we all know how it goes

It starts with an innocent peek. Then a quick glance at the rate. Maybe a quick tap of the calculator or a column on the spreadsheet. Next thing you know your heart is racing and *BAM* you're talking to a CM! ;)

... or, at least, that's how it's always been for me. No matter which way I go, up or down, I swear I get an adrenaline rush! :hyper:

17. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Why is it such a rush!?!?!?!?!?!? I totally know what you are saying, and yes, it's a change, either up or down...doesn't matter! :rotfl:

I'm afraid I am going to end up like our dear Jeanette who managed to make so many changes on a reservation that it was frozen!!! :rotfl:

18. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Hello all my RC ladies. Sorry I've been MIA.

Sunday while coughing I manage to injure my back. I was unable to sit or walk because of pain. Jessica called an ambulance for me. Had 6 very nice looking young men in my bedroom. Xrays were clear. Doctor gave me a narcotic pain killer after I asked him not to because of my bad reactions to them. I was so sick. They tried to rush me out of there while I was still sick and couldn't sit or walk yet. They weren't busy .... for awhile I was they only patient in the ER. Jessica had to go all daughter bear on them. Once my stomach was feeling better we decided if I could manage to get to the car I'd be better off at home ... laid in the back seat all the way home. What really makes me mad is they discharged me with no instructions. Should I ice? Should I heat? Should I move? Do I need to see another doctor? Nothing! They did send me home with a non narcotic pain killer which I'm able to take without a problem. Couldn't they have given me that in the hospital? Anyway I'm mostly flat on my back in bed. I am getting up and moving around every hour. Typing this on my phone ..... Keep posting you ladies are my entertainment. Hugs to all.

19. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Oh sorry to hear. Hope you have a speedy recovery.:flower3:

20. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Oh cripes Linda, so sorry to hear this. Good for your DD taking care and giving out what for, that is ridiculous about the narcotic! Poor thing, hope it improves for you. :grouphug:

21. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Ahhhh, feel better soon Linda!

At least you got some hot guys in your bedroom! :rotfl: