• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
First change was to Poly....and then KKC!!! GV CL! We deserve it, and if Kookster checks in 7/25...we may be waiting for her !!!!:cloud9: So I busted the budget again, but it's totally doable!!!
Ooooooooo CHOCOLATE :hyper:

jeanette I totally approve of the change back to the Poly and the addition of CL is super!:cool1:

Wookie What is this about white chocolate mm's? I love white chocolate, not suppose to eat it but a couple won't hurt right. Gone are the days where I would eat a whole bag of PB mm's :(

Hi RCers. I am back from parents 50th anniversary party. It was a total surprise and it went very well. Now I am turning and burning off to Chicago for wedding hoopla. :cool1: When I get back I will have lots to catch up on with my favorite ch-ch-ch-changing peeps.:coffee:

MAGIC Have a safe trip to Chicago and a good time at the wedding!

First change was to Poly....and then KKC!!! GV CL! We deserve it, and if Kookster checks in 7/25...we may be waiting for her !!!!:cloud9: So I busted the budget again, but it's totally doable!!!

As for motion sickness, ToT should be okay. Star tours is a little different..I don't like "spinning ride" like Teacups and stuff. Star Tours had me a little green. Not too bad...how about preggie pops (hard candy ginger I think) no adverse effects I don't think...whether they help, IDK my GF swore by them

Ooooooooo CHOCOLATE :hyper:

Yeah for the Poly!! Small part of me thinks we should do it again, but with all the refurbs going on, I'm not sure which longhouse I'd even request to be close to everything...(that's open) And since I added a day when we changed to AKL, I would have to go back to the 6 nights to stay within the same price...SO, I'm not changing. *shaking my head* no, no, no. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:rotfl::rotfl: total squirrel moment, you mentioned white chocolate M&Ms ...now I want some (add in PMS too)

DH takes kiddos on Teacups and HRH and I hit the ice cream place (is that still there :confused:)

The compound should be large enough for us to make our own wine....me thinks we would be totally self sufficient. :goodvibes

I don't do the teacups. Thankfully nobody else in the fam wants to do them either. LOVE the Rockin Roller Coaster!! But DS is just now getting into the roller coasters and he's still too small for that one I think. ToT - no way!! If DH and DS want to, they can have at it. :-) I will hang out with DD instead.

Did somebody say wine?? :-)

Mmmm...and chocolate...now I want some. And I'm not even PMSing!

Hi RCers. I am back from parents 50th anniversary party. It was a total surprise and it went very well. Now I am turning and burning off to Chicago for wedding hoopla. :cool1: When I get back I will have lots to catch up on with my favorite ch-ch-ch-changing peeps.:coffee:

Chi town!!

jeanette I totally approve of the change back to the Poly and the addition of CL is super!:cool1:

Wookie What is this about white chocolate mm's? I love white chocolate, not suppose to eat it but a couple won't hurt right. Gone are the days where I would eat a whole bag of PB mm's :(

MAGIC Have a safe trip to Chicago and a good time at the wedding!

PB mm's are my favorite!! Or the mint ones!

Jeanette - yeah for Poly and CL!! Someday we will try CL...somewhere! :-)

I am thinking about a vow renewal at WDW for our 10th or 15th anniversary...we're on 8 this August.

Magic - have fun in Chi town! (I am about 3-4 hours south!)

Happy 50th to your parents!! If the DH and I live to see ours, we will be celebrating it at WDW.

True, but then if I have a red one in my hand, the song will be stuck in my head the entire time. I don't have the same problem with the black ones.

Good point... :-)

Krystal I would totally stick with AKL, now there is a rumor that GCH will be closed Aug-Oct for a refurb if Cap't Cooks ends up being closed for my stay I will change. I wanted to stay at GF last year the week after Christmas but Gasperilla's was closed and then Bob does not want to stay there but I talked him into the Poly right? :rotfl: Also I want to see the lobby waterfall, I only visited The Poly one time when we went to SOA Dinner many years ago and don't remember seeing much.

You sound like me about staying CL someday but when we were upgraded at YC to CL the boys went but Bob and I never did. I always said when I stayed at the Poly I was doing CL but @ $150 more a night it is just too rich for my blood, ya know.

I was looking at all the pics of WL on The new site KOOK started and it is a good thing I used a TA this time or I be switching resorts and WL is a favorite of Bob's so I'd get no resistance from him.

Krystal I would totally stick with AKL, now there is a rumor that GCH will be closed Aug-Oct for a refurb if Cap't Cooks ends up being closed for my stay I will change. I wanted to stay at GF last year the week after Christmas but Gasperilla's was closed and then Bob does not want to stay there but I talked him into the Poly right? :rotfl: Also I want to see the lobby waterfall, I only visited The Poly one time when we went to SOA Dinner many years ago and don't remember seeing much.

You sound like me about staying CL someday but when we were upgraded at YC to CL the boys went but Bob and I never did. I always said when I stayed at the Poly I was doing CL but @ $150 more a night it is just too rich for my blood, ya know.

I was looking at all the pics of WL on The new site KOOK started and it is a good thing I used a TA this time or I be switching resorts and WL is a favorite of Bob's so I'd get no resistance from him.

DH doesn't care for WL for some reason...he was really excited about CR, but somehow I talked him into AKL. :-)

DH doesn't care for WL for some reason...he was really excited about CR, but somehow I talked him into AKL. :-)

Usually the men seem to love WL. AKL has the same WOW factor when you enter the lobby just like WL but I liked the themed music at AKL more myself.

I just ordered a new camera which I need like another hole in my head. :rotfl2:

I been wanting a Olympus Pen or Sony Nex since they first hit the market and the one Pen dropped in price so I could not resist. I use to use a SLR and loved the interchangeable lens and settings but hated dragging it around. When my old SLR died DSLR's had come on the scene but I just went back to P&S. Hope I did not make a $300 + mistake :rolleyes2 The reviews seem good and maybe I can get some good night shots which I have not been able to with any of my current cameras.

Woohoo!!! I miss hearing of all your travels!!! You and Mama Linda :goodvibes

Good for you pas130! Home sweet home!
:hug:

You too? I think my "grumpy time" (what my DSs call it) cravings have been made worse this month, because I didn't have one last month.

I'm just going to play it by ear. There is a ride like the Teacups at our local Six Flags, and the DSs loved it. I would really love to be able to take them on the Teacups at WDW.

oooo, and maybe the wine would be good enough to sell to WDW in exchange for APs, resort stays, and DDPs instead of money.

Well I get to doggy sit this weekend!! My sister is such a goober. When she asked me if this coming weekend was ok, I said it was ok as long as she was ok with me doing it and going to the Con. She asked my mom if my mom and dad could come down and watch the dogs while we were at the Con. My mom was like, "aren't the dogs left alone while y'all are at work? How is that any different than Kim and David going to the convention." With a straight face my sister said, "Well that's during the week. They are not used to that on the weekend."
Yay DOGGIE TIME AKA rest time for Wookerific!!!:cool1:

Wine to support our WDW habit, sounds great, plus we will be Florida residents, and a homeschool ticket discount. WIN WIN WIN :beach:

Thanks Sheila! DH said NO MORE CHANGES (CL will be a surprise...hopefully):rotfl:

Yeah for the Poly!! Small part of me thinks we should do it again, but with all the refurbs going on, I'm not sure which longhouse I'd even request to be close to everything...(that's open) And since I added a day when we changed to AKL, I would have to go back to the 6 nights to stay within the same price...SO, I'm not changing. *shaking my head* no, no, no. :-)

The CM yesterday said Rapa Nui and Tokelau were scheduled for July...as long as the pools are open, I am good to go! I sure hope the change to Poly isn't as dramatic as my GF:sad: I am hoping once GF is completed it will still be a happy placeprincess:

I don't do the teacups. Thankfully nobody else in the fam wants to do them either. LOVE the Rockin Roller Coaster!! But DS is just now getting into the roller coasters and he's still too small for that one I think. ToT - no way!! If DH and DS want to, they can have at it. :-) I will hang out with DD instead.

:lmao: DH said Bree can't go on ToT he is scared she will fly off. No way the girl is tall enough..there's no stopping her!!!

Jeanette - yeah for Poly and CL!! Someday we will try CL...somewhere! :-)
Don't do it! I haven't been able to stay non CL since :crazy2:

The TA would be happy to switch....just sayin ::yes::

Hi All ! :flower3:

Okay all this talk about MMs makes me SO want to hit up the vending machine!! Oh, the original mms are my fav, but Sheila, do really like the PB ones too.. :goodvibes

Pas, :woohoo: for POLY CL!! Awesome!! You already know I approve!! :cool1:

Wookie, playing the lottery tonight for the RC compound...::yes:: Nice to know you have the reserve all ready... :goodvibes

Well one day, one of us has to win the lottery and then we can give the hugs in person at the RC compound.

Absolutely!! :cool1:

Sweet!! Then we're all set. I even have a new bottle of Royal Crown Reserve ready to go.

:thumbsup2

wookie, can't offer any help as luckily I don't get motion sickness... have you tried google to find out about the pills?

DH takes kiddos on Teacups and HRH and I hit the ice cream place (is that still there :confused:)

Pas, Koh, Wookie... Last August, Sam and my niece Sidney had me on those teacups spinning madly... and of course once wasn't enough! :rotfl: So a double dose of spinning.. when I got off it felt like I had a major buzz going on...:rotfl2:

The compound should be large enough for us to make our own wine....me thinks we would be totally self sufficient. :goodvibes

Okay, now I have the image of Lucy stomping around in the grapes...:rotfl2:

:wave2: Hi ya Magic!!!! Happy 50th to Mom & Dad!! :bride: :groom: So great to read that the party came off well. :cool1: Have fun in at the wedding! :goodvibes

Well I get to doggy sit this weekend!! My sister is such a goober. When she asked me if this coming weekend was ok, I said it was ok as long as she was ok with me doing it and going to the Con. She asked my mom if my mom and dad could come down and watch the dogs while we were at the Con. My mom was like, "aren't the dogs left alone while y'all are at work? How is that any different than Kim and David going to the convention." With a straight face my sister said, "Well that's during the week. They are not used to that on the weekend."

:rotfl: well you get to doggy sit AND see the Con too!! :yay:

But the song goes..."red solo cup..." Not black! Lol

True, but then if I have a red one in my hand, the song will be stuck in my head the entire time. I don't have the same problem with the black ones.

:rotfl2: Wookie, I mentioned the Red Solo Cups due to us liking Glee .... remember way back when that episode aired? :goodvibes

And koh/Wookie, Hallmakr sells some red solo cup items... a shotglass lanyard....red solo cup party lights.. and red solo cup wine glasses... which we could so make ourselves with dollar store items...Piglet's Mommy and I met for lunch and did some shopping afterwards and noticed them! :goodvibes

Pas, :woohoo: for POLY CL!! Awesome!! You already know I approve!! :cool1:

:rotfl: Am I Lucy or Ethel :rotfl:

I am hoping to see Aunt Deena too. HRH is home sick with stomach bug :faint: and I told her Deena might come by :cool1: She's excited, but she said she doesn't want DS12 to meet her because he might get a crush on her since she is so pretty :goodvibes I think we have to worry more about DS4 who is a HUGE flirt:flower3:

:rotfl: Am I Lucy or Ethel :rotfl:

:lmao: Lucy is the instigator and more outrageous ....so it's a toss up between the two of us!! :rotfl2:

I am hoping to see Aunt Deena too. HRH is home sick with stomach bug :faint: and I told her Deena might come by :cool1: She's excited, but she said she doesn't want DS12 to meet her because he might get a crush on her since she is so pretty :goodvibes I think we have to worry more about DS4 who is a HUGE flirt:flower3:

Poor Maddie :hug: ... and HRH cracks me up about her bro!! :rotfl2: Little Bri will come in and sweep Aunt D. off her feet!

I really want to meet up with Deena too... now if only I had a clue what's happening this summer....soon I hope! :goodvibes

:grouphug: to my RC family!

pixiedust: and safe travels to the Jinx brigade!

Pas: :cheer2: for the Poly change! How many changes ago was the Sandwich? :lmao:

What are you guys doing to me with all this M&M talk?! :faint: My faves are the PB and the ... Pretzel. Oooooh WEEEE, I have to keep those OUT of the house. :lmao:

Thanks to all of you for the resort chit-chat yesterday, be it here or over on FB. Love you gals. :worship: Due to my noise paranoia, as most of you know already, I did a swaperoonie to CBR. So, first 3 nights there and last 3 at AKL. :blush: Didn't know what to request so I went with "top floor" ...

The phone CM was so funny. After I warned him I was going to be a pain and add a request him to the CBR reservation, he scoffed at my "top floor." Then he said, "Do you know the line from Wishes 'No request is too extreme'? Well, trust me, I've had some doozies." :rolleyes1 Wonder if he meant anyone I happen to know... :rotfl2:

Quick wave as I sit for a few minutes before we leave to pick up Sarah at school.

I promise if I win Powerball tonight I will get working on the RC compound right away ;) and I guess we need a winery, lol!! Jeanette needs to stomp her frustrations out ;)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

HUGS,
Melissa

The only time I had seen white chocolate M&M's were the candy corn ones at Halloween. I just assumed that was the only time they had them. When we were at my sister's house on Sunday, she asked if I wanted her bag of them. My brother's wife was like "oh what are those? ooo white chocolate M&M's." I thought she was going to take them out of my hand and start eating them.

The oldest DS has been the one to ride RnRc with the DH the last two trips, but he really doesn't like it. Neither of the DSs want to ride ToT. The thing with me is that I really want to ride them, but I know I'm afraid I'll get sick. I have gone on rides before even though I thought I would get sick and getting off the ride looking like Kermit's twin sister and feeling like if I stop walking I'm going to barf is not a feeling I want at WDW. This trip, we have a list of rides I am not forcing them on in each park. AK - Expedition Everest; DHS - RnRc, ToT; MK - Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. They will just go through the queue with us and take the chicken exit.

I'll take some Moscato or a Riesling please.

As long as it's not dark chocolate.

PB mm's are my favorite!! Or the mint ones!

I haven't had the mint ones yet, but I love the pretzel ones. My DH used to feed our dog the peanut M&M's, and he loved them. Well except for the yellow ones. I have always heard dogs were colored blind, but he knew which ones were the yellow ones. He refused to eat them and would try and bury them under something if the DH gave him a yellow one. If he gave the dog several different colored ones at one time, he would eat all but the yellow.

I am thinking about a vow renewal at WDW for our 10th or 15th anniversary...we're on 8 this August.

We're coming up on 18 this July. I would love to do a renewal at WDW, but do you have to do a renewal on the actual date? Our anniversary is July 1st, so we would have to deal with 4th of July crowds.

I am still so tempted to change to the WL, because I love it so much.

Yay DOGGIE TIME AKA rest time for Wookerific!!!:cool1:

I don't know which one I am more excited about.

Wine to support our WDW habit, sounds great, plus we will be Florida residents, and a homeschool ticket discount. WIN WIN WIN :beach:

Even better. Maybe the the winning pot will be big enough for a compound near WDW and one near the beach.

Wookie, playing the lottery tonight for the RC compound...::yes:: Nice to know you have the reserve all ready... :goodvibes

I'm going to get my lottery ticket on my way to school. Maybe we'll get really lucky and our two tickets will be the only winners.

wookie, can't offer any help as luckily I don't get motion sickness... have you tried google to find out about the pills?

I hadn't. I had read a thread on the DIS about it and those were all things they suggested. I figured if I use them all, one of them has to help.

Pas, Koh, Wookie... Last August, Sam and my niece Sidney had me on those teacups spinning madly... and of course once wasn't enough! :rotfl: So a double dose of spinning.. when I got off it felt like I had a major buzz going on...:rotfl2:

Well, if I am able to ride it, there will be a "no spinning the teacup" rule. Are the Teacups usually open during MNSSHP? Maybe if I try it at night, when it is not as hot, it may help.

Me too

:rotfl2: Wookie, I mentioned the Red Solo Cups due to us liking Glee .... remember way back when that episode aired? :goodvibes

Actually, Glee was where I heard that song. After watching that episode of Glee, I got the original on iTunes and drove my DH nuts with it. All I have to do to him is say "red solo" and before I can say "cup" he's threatening to super glue and duct tape my mouth shut.

And koh/Wookie, Hallmakr sells some red solo cup items... a shotglass lanyard....red solo cup party lights.. and red solo cup wine glasses... which we could so make ourselves with dollar store items...Piglet's Mommy and I met for lunch and did some shopping afterwards and noticed them! :goodvibes

That's cool!! I don't know why that makes me think of these, but it does. Have y'all seen redneck wine glasses? We could even makes these to go with our wine. They are basically a Mason jar that has the candle stick holder (for the thin tall candles) glued to the bottom of the jar. If you haven't seen one, it looks like this...

What are you guys doing to me with all this M&M talk?! :faint: My faves are the PB and the ... Pretzel. Oooooh WEEEE, I have to keep those OUT of the house. :lmao:

I am usually really good with being able to control how many I eat, unless I'm ticked off. I can buy a big back and just eat 5 or 6 a day, so the bag last longer.

The phone CM was so funny. After I warned him I was going to be a pain and add a request him to the CBR reservation, he scoffed at my "top floor." Then he said, "Do you know the line from Wishes 'No request is too extreme'? Well, trust me, I've had some doozies." :rolleyes1 Wonder if he meant anyone I happen to know... :rotfl2:

If all CM's could be like that. It seems lately I've been getting ones where you can tell it is just a job that gives them a paycheck. The one I had that added FD for me, kept muttering to herself about what she was doing instead of communicating to me. She didn't even verify my email address and never said anything about me getting an email about my changes. I never did get an email about it.

I promise if I win Powerball tonight I will get working on the RC compound right away ;) and I guess we need a winery, lol!! Jeanette needs to stomp her frustrations out ;)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

HUGS,
Melissa

ok make that us having the only three winning lottery tickets. :scratchin should we come up with numbers that we play every week and coordinate it like that? Right now I just get quick pics.

Just got my MNSSHP tickets for 10/27

sYa37nN.jpg

Wookie - LOVE Moscato!! Have you tried the Red Moscato? Tastes a lot like the Rosa Regale. Delicious!

Petey - congrats on MNSSHP tickets!!

Wookie - LOVE Moscato!! Have you tried the Red Moscato? Tastes a lot like the Rosa Regale. Delicious!

Petey - congrats on MNSSHP tickets!!

I haven't tried it. One of my favorites is called Risata Moscato D'asti that comes in a blue bottle. Then I really loved the one the DH and I got on our weekend stay in Fort Worth, but I don't remember the name. I think we have the empty bottle somewhere. My mil likes to keep the bottles of wine we like, so we can remember the names.

I haven't tried it. One of my favorites is called Risata Moscato D'asti that comes in a blue bottle. Then I really loved the one the DH and I got on our weekend stay in Fort Worth, but I don't remember the name. I think we have the empty bottle somewhere. My mil likes to keep the bottles of wine we like, so we can remember the names.

The red moscato is by Barefoot. Pretty cheap. :-) I like the moscato d'asti though, so much so I drank that at our wedding instead of champagne. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter