Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in again... :grouphug:

Wookie: Oh man. When it rains, it pours. Sending you good thoughts... and WAHOOOs for getting your MNSSHP tickets. :goodvibes

DisneyFansInLINY: POR! That's a nice change. :lovestruc I really enjoyed it there.

Melissa: See? This is why I love you guys. :hug: Bouncing ideas off you lot -- y'all always have great ideas. I hadn't thought about the span of time from BOG until any dessert party. We've got our BOG ressie at 4:10pm. I'd be worried how about being too stuffed from that meal to efficiently ( :rotfl: ) enjoy the dessert party. BOG doesn't strike me as "light fare" to say the least. :scared:

Linda: Take our rain! Our ground still hasn't recovered from the flooding. :crazy2: Every time the mutt goes outside, she get her paws caked in mud. I think she's trying to tell us we need to get rid of the carpeting. :scratchin

I need advice from the BOG dinner experts...

Approximately, from getting in line to check in until leaving, how long was your meal?

I'm now a bit worried it'll eat a lot of time out of our maybe-party night.

Approximately, from getting in line to check in until leaving, how long was your meal?

Can't help you as I haven't eaten there yet, but my guess for dinner would be about 2 hours based on what I have read.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Honestly, I think we were in and out of there in just under 1.5 hours from the time we got our buzzer to the time we exited Beast's study after pictures. Very good and fast service! :thumbsup2

We LOVED BOG!! :goodvibes

Just took 3 hours for myself and uploaded all of our photos to the Photopass website in order to create our 2013 Photobook and order our CD in record time!!! Can't wait to see it!!! :cheer2:

Oh, and guess who else is booking a trip for next year??? Yup! Our friends can't wait to go back!!!! :hyper:

Can't help you as I haven't eaten there yet, but my guess for dinner would be about 2 hours based on what I have read.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Honestly, I think we were in and out of there in just under 1.5 hours from the time we got our buzzer to the time we exited Beast's study after pictures. Very good and fast service! :thumbsup2

We LOVED BOG!! :goodvibes

Just took 3 hours for myself and uploaded all of our photos to the Photopass website in order to create our 2013 Photobook and order our CD in record time!!! Can't wait to see it!!! :cheer2:

Oh, and guess who else is booking a trip for next year??? Yup! Our friends can't wait to go back!!!! :hyper:

Dani trying to remember how long our RC dinner took but I would guess 1 1/2 to 2 hours .... I'm sure Janet, Magic or Deena would probably remember better than I do. I do know that when DD and I ate there it was approx 2 hours but we really took our time and DD made friends with the server so we had lots of chatting going on ... the service was quick and what slowed us down was us. Both my dinners there were adult dinners so I think with little kids you'd get out of there quicker.

Also my opinion .... I would not do BOG and the Dessert Party the same night. The cupcakes at BOG are tasty .... my lemon one was good but DD said her chocolate one was to die for!!! When I do the Dessert Party we usually do a late lunch .... normally at WCC .... nice to get out of the park for a little rest and then maybe just have fruit, veggie, pretzel snack before the party.

Not bothering to go to the mountains this weekend .... really smokey!!! We're going to try to take the dog out for a little walk but the air isn't looking good here either. DD said it's really bad in LA .... Fire fire GO AWAY!

So, I splurged and bought a new photo editing program, I picked up Adobe Lightroom 4. Man, is it an eye opener. I thought my pictures look alright straight out of the camera, it's amazing what this program can do with some tinkering around.

BEFORE:
8706417152_a77556d2c5_z.jpg

AFTER:
8705281855_3a9cd6351b_z.jpg

BEFORE:
7169098011_838d323b68_z.jpg

AFTER:
8706391306_fbd7b70874_z.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs, but that's some pretty stark differences.

Wookie: Wow, so sorry your son is dealing with all this! And Mom too, sending big hugs and hoping you get through it soon.:grouphug: our kids go through a lot!

Linda: please stay safe, that is so scary about the fires. Take care please!

Peteykirch: wow that is amazing...I love the pictures and the resort too!

Candace: I love that your friends are itching to go back! Will you go again together?

Just having a glass of wine, thinking of you all:flower3:

Sipping wine and lurking while I listen to DH unsuccessfully attempt to put DD2 to sleep. Looks like I'm back on the clock in 5.... :hourglass :drinking1 :rolleyes2

Thinking about you all :grouphug:

Sipping wine and lurking while I listen to DH unsuccessfully attempt to put DD2 to sleep. Looks like I'm back on the clock in 5.... :hourglass :drinking1 :rolleyes2

:rotfl: ugh....I remember those days. Does she give you a hard time at bedtime a lot or just when you are sipping an adult beverage? I used to find that. ;)

Wookie: Wow, so sorry your son is dealing with all this! And Mom too, sending big hugs and hoping you get through it soon.:grouphug: our kids go through a lot!

Linda: please stay safe, that is so scary about the fires. Take care please!

Peteykirch: wow that is amazing...I love the pictures and the resort too!

Candace: I love that your friends are itching to go back! Will you go again together?

Just having a glass of wine, thinking of you all:flower3:

No wine, but vodka, that counts right :) Nice to know we are never drinking alone. CHEERS!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So, I splurged and bought a new photo editing program, I picked up Adobe Lightroom 4. Man, is it an eye opener. I thought my pictures look alright straight out of the camera, it's amazing what this program can do with some tinkering around.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs, but that's some pretty stark differences.

That is an amazing difference!!!!

Today was a good day :) thank you!! How did DD's day go?

Good, she said her and the girl got put together for a little work project. The girl said to her that "we should try and get along more". Kailey agreed, but the the girl said "nevermind I am a loser". DD said she tried to argue with her that she was not one, but eventually gave up as the girl wasn't letting it go. It is sad. The girl obviously wants attention. I am proud of my girl though.

Good morning all! It's been a hectic couple of days, but even if I haven't been responding, I am reading! :-)

*hugs all around* sounds like many of you could use some prayers and pixie dust sent your way. Hope all gets better with the weekend here now!

DD loved her presents yesterday and the Minnie Mouse balloon. :-) She already had the Cinderella toddler doll, so we got her Snow White (her second favorite) and Belle and some doll clothes (pjs) for all 3. Needless to say, they all went night night with her :-) and I'm sure she'll be doing all of their hair when she wakes up...(Minnie mouse beauty/hair set)

Have a great Saturday! I am off to clean for the party tomorrow!!

Good morning all! It's been a hectic couple of days, but even if I haven't been responding, I am reading! :-)

*hugs all around* sounds like many of you could use some prayers and pixie dust sent your way. Hope all gets better with the weekend here now!

DD loved her presents yesterday and the Minnie Mouse balloon. :-) She already had the Cinderella toddler doll, so we got her Snow White (her second favorite) and Belle and some doll clothes (pjs) for all 3. Needless to say, they all went night night with her :-) and I'm sure she'll be doing all of their hair when she wakes up...(Minnie mouse beauty/hair set)

A Happy Birthday to your DD!!:jumping1::rainbow::bday:party: We have a party tomorrow too, a belated one for DD7. I was a little late in planning this one!:rolleyes1

HOLY CRAP....DH didn't shoot down DVC. He doesn't like the interest rate they are offering and right now and it is not the time to be plopping down cash, but he said if we can find better financing he is open to it :banana:

Ill be back to catch up with everyone soon.

Happy Birthday to Koh's DD :bday:

Melissa

HOLY CRAP....DH didn't shoot down DVC. He doesn't like the interest rate they are offering and right now and it is not the time to be plopping down cash, but he said if we can find better financing he is open to it :banana:

Melissa

:faint: wowsa!!

BEFORE:

petey Lovely pictures, the enhanced ones would make lovely enlarged canvas prints.

Krystal Birthday Wishes for your DD!

Melissa

MelissaBest of luck with DH and DVC, I tried to talk DH into it back near the start with OKW and VWL with no luck. we could have saved so much over the years.

GG stay safe we are dry here in Ct so far just minor brush fires

I found out my first day plans are a no go since the Torch Lighting is only Tues-Sat Nights same as the SOA dinner show. I have to get my butt ingear and work out where we want to eat I do my ADRs in 3 days :hyper:

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter