• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~Our June '09 adventure~ I'm home! Started TR 7/2

Ohhh hair at Disney! It's always such a pain, especially for us who go in the summer. That humidity KILLS your hair! In 2005 I crimped it every night to fight the humidity and I'll never, ever do that again. I liked it at the time but looking back now, it looked absolutely ridiculous :laughing: In 2006 I let it dry on it's own overnight so it was curly/wavy in the morning and sprayed it with hairspray and it worked out well, and in 2007 my hair was short so I just straightened it every morning with a reallllyyyy hot setting and sprayed it with a tiny bit of hairspray and it stayed. It's always so much easier just throwing it up :lmao:

here i ammmmm! :)

as for hair, i put my hair in a messy bun + poof every day of my trip in may except one day i straightened part of it for my GF photo shoot with DBF

pictures!

n1238070141_30536665_1147.jpg

n1238070141_30536688_3285.jpg

n1238070141_30536729_6612.jpg

Well I would love to do the up-do and messy bun but mine is way too short. Short hair could be good for the parks if it wasn't for the humidity that makes it stick out all ways. It is a bit shorter than last year so no idea what else I can do with it other than how it is.

6fa9ae5e.jpg

Long hair is so nice but I didn't suit mine long. It is too fine and had no life to it.

Ahhh, the hair dilemma!! My hair is long and wavy and HATES the Florida humidity so in July it was up every single day. In December I (mostly) wore it down and survived!!:rotfl: I just smoothed on some leave in conditioner after my showers and ran out the door.

My hair will be a little shorter this May because I got it cut, so I'm thinking of straightening it but... when my options are get to a MK EMH or sit in my room doing my hair... the parks seem to always win!:goodvibes

Ohhh hair at Disney! It's always such a pain, especially for us who go in the summer. That humidity KILLS your hair! In 2005 I crimped it every night to fight the humidity and I'll never, ever do that again. I liked it at the time but looking back now, it looked absolutely ridiculous :laughing: In 2006 I let it dry on it's own overnight so it was curly/wavy in the morning and sprayed it with hairspray and it worked out well

You are def. right about the humidity killing us summer WDW go'ers!

My hair is naturally curly/wavy so I love scrunching it with gel, but sometimes I just can't stand having my hair all sticking to my neck at WDW. :rotfl: I might try it one day to see how it goes.

here i ammmmm! :)

as for hair, i put my hair in a messy bun + poof every day of my trip in may except one day i straightened part of it for my GF photo shoot with DBF

Hey girl :wave2: I love your hair like that! I did the messy bun and poof every day the last time we went and my hair was long so it's definately an idea to remember! :thumbsup2

AW, I love your hair! Some people can rock the short hair and others can't, but you DEFINATELY can!!!

Sorry I can't help you with the hair situation :)

Haha, yeah I figured.

My hair will be a little shorter this May because I got it cut, so I'm thinking of straightening it but... when my options are get to a MK EMH or sit in my room doing my hair... the parks seem to always win!:goodvibes

Thanks girl. :) I agree-it's sometimes just so easy to quickly throw it up and hurry out the door to the parks!

Lovin the hair talk. This is why I love going in December or fall, because its not so humid and my naturally curly hair actually stays straight when I straighten it. I end up just throwing it up into a pony or messy bun too, so I dont have advice. I'm not looking forward to that humidity in June for this very reason.

SPEAKING of June...we freakin leave the day before you guys come down. BOOOOOO.

Lovin the hair talk. This is why I love going in December or fall, because its not so humid and my naturally curly hair actually stays straight when I straighten it. I end up just throwing it up into a pony or messy bun too, so I dont have advice. I'm not looking forward to that humidity in June for this very reason.

SPEAKING of June...we freakin leave the day before you guys come down. BOOOOOO.

Actually June is not as bad as July, which is when we usually went! Aw you leave the day before we get there?! Not cool.

hello my dear! let me see if i can help you at all with hair issues...since I live on an island I deal with the humidity allllll the time. Fun, I know. Anyway, I usually do the scrunched look with gel and hairspray...doesnt frizz at all that way and i pull the back back in the front into the poofy thing. I don't even bother at all with the hair dryer and straightener because it doesnt work at all and i end up looking like a white trash girl with trailer park hair by the end of the day. and im sweating to death on top of it. i gotta say though, i am a big fan of the messy bun too...its just practical for the heat down in FL!! Just think, when we go to WDW on spring break 2010, we can help eachother with our hair!! :goodvibes

hello my dear! let me see if i can help you at all with hair issues...since I live on an island I deal with the humidity allllll the time. Fun, I know.

Haha, I bet. :thumbsup2 I wanna come visit!

Anyway, I usually do the scrunched look with gel and hairspray...doesnt frizz at all that way

I love scrunching! I do it so much for school. What kind of gel/hairspray do you use? I'm trying to find a good gel that will last all day.

and i pull the back back in the front into the poofy thing.

You know I love to poof!

I don't even bother at all with the hair dryer and straightener because it doesnt work at all and i end up looking like a white trash girl with trailer park hair by the end of the day.

Haha, that just made me laugh out loud. :rotfl2:

Just think, when we go to WDW on spring break 2010, we can help eachother with our hair!! :goodvibes

OMG yeah!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Another fan of the messy bun, but I also use my sunglasses as a headband when I wear my hair down.

:wave2: I'm in!

Nope we're not taking him this trip, but....we are planning a trip for June 2010 for my whole family (grandparents, uncle, AND the little guy) :hyper:

We're planning a big whole family trip for 2010 too!

Let's Talk Hair...So my questions are for all the ladies reading- How do you wear your hair? What are some suggestions for me? Find anything cute on the 'net? I want some kind-of updo or pulled back or something. ANYTHING. :p Pictures would be greatly appreciated. :flower3:

In trying to add something new to the discussion...

I've done a French braid, which I LOVED. Hair out of the face, off the neck, and no annoying pony tail tickling my shoulders or bare back with my tank top. I thought it especially looked cute when it started to get wispy around the face about midmorning! But I didn't find any pics of one. It's my camera so it's hard to get behind it sometimes.:lmao:

I also tried a different take on the pony tail. I used a long thin scarf type thing. Use it as a head band and then wrap the rest of your hair into a pony tail at the base of your neck. I found a pic of that. I liked the way the head band park looked in pics.

95f0d253.jpg

:wave2: Hey, Tink! I don't know if you remember me or not, but I LOVED your first TR and posted there often. I had no idea that you had another TR! I must run and catch up on it! :cheer2:

And you've already started on a PTR for this June! Whoo-hoo! We might be going back on those same dates so maybe we'll run into each other at the parks! :scratchin

As for the hair discussion, I TOTALLY know where you're coming from. I rocked the messy bun a LOT last June when we were there. (Again, I think our dates overlapped with yours! I will laugh so hard if we're in some of your pictures or something! :lmao: ) I can get my hair to lay straight sometimes, even in the humidity, but since my hair is so thick it gets to be too HOT! As for some ideas for "changing things up," I like those barrettes or clips that look like flowers. Pinning one over your ear or over your bun or pony looks really cute. I also like wearing headbands whether my hair is up or down. When my hair is scrunched or curly, I'll even rock a low, loose side pony. Other than that, I can't think of anything cute that's fast and easy. It's so hard to be cute when you want to run out and see Mickey ASAP. ::yes::

This is so much fun! I feel like I'm at a slumber party! :grouphug:

I love how all the ads on top of the page are for hair products now :laughing:

How long is your hair now? My hair's also naturally wavy/curly, and it's SO easy to just put it up at night and let it dry on it's own. When I was in high school I always did the gel/scrunching thing but now I can't stand it. The gel makes my hair all sticky and crunchy, and I hate how it always looks wet or greasy. Now if I don't want to straiten it I just wash it at night and put it up in a messy bun right on top of my head, and when I take it down in the morning it's in really pretty waves. I have a ton of hair (it's really thick) so it's usually still damp in the morning so I blow it for a minute with the "cool" setting on my blow dryer and it looks awesome. If I didn't put it up at night and just went to bed with my hair wet, it would be a frizzy mess by the morning :lmao: It works the best with longer hair since the length weighs it down a bit and creates pretty waves. Try it sometime!

The gel makes my hair all sticky and crunchy, and I hate how it always looks wet or greasy.

I have felt your pain and I've learned a few little tricks!! If you use a mousse especially for curly hair it won't make it quite as crunchy (I love Garnier) and if you make sure and hold off and don't use the hairspray until your hair is completely dry from the diffuser it won't make it look wet. ;)

(If you read my hair-product post in my PTR you will understand :goodvibes )

:wave2: I'm in! We're planning a big whole family trip for 2010 too!

Yay! Hi! :wave2: You're planning a big family trip too?! Awesome!

I also tried a different take on the pony tail. I used a long thin scarf type thing. Use it as a head band and then wrap the rest of your hair into a pony tail at the base of your neck. I found a pic of that. I liked the way the head band park looked in pics.

95f0d253.jpg

That is so cute!!!

:wave2: Hey, Tink! I don't know if you remember me or not, but I LOVED your first TR and posted there often. I had no idea that you had another TR! I must run and catch up on it! :cheer2:

Hey! Glad you're back! Please go read my '08 TR!!!!! :)

And you've already started on a PTR for this June! Whoo-hoo! We might be going back on those same dates so maybe we'll run into each other at the parks! :scratchin

That would be hilarious. Even though I don't know what you look like.

This is so much fun! I feel like I'm at a slumber party! :grouphug:

Haha, thanks for your input! And I'm glad you enjoyed the topic. I gotta do something to keep y'all interested!

I love how all the ads on top of the page are for hair products now :laughing:

Haha, I didn't even notice.

How long is your hair now?

It's getting to my shoulders!

Now if I don't want to straiten it I just wash it at night and put it up in a messy bun right on top of my head, and when I take it down in the morning it's in really pretty waves.

Oooooh, I'm gonna have to try that!

(If you read my hair-product post in my PTR you will understand :goodvibes )

Girl, you've been through so much!!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter