~Our June '09 adventure~ I'm home! Started TR 7/2

i stayed there in september 2007 and we were in building 11, i believe. it was right across the street from the hospitality house. we were only there for 3 nights so i don't really remember a whole lot about it!

I'm joining in! We've stayed at OKW lots of times in bldgs: 13, 62, 16, 18, 19, 33, and 48. Bldgs 16 and 62 are my favorites

i stayed there in september 2007 and we were in building 11, i believe. it was right across the street from the hospitality house. we were only there for 3 nights so i don't really remember a whole lot about it!

Wow, right across the street from the hospitality house-nice! :thumbsup2

I'm joining in! We've stayed at OKW lots of times in bldgs: 13, 62, 16, 18, 19, 33, and 48. Bldgs 16 and 62 are my favorites

Oh my gosh, yes you have stayed there a ton! ::yes:: Maybe we'll get one of those buildings!

I'm here :wave2:. Bring on the plans.::yes::

Oh I will bring them on!!! Gotta keep y'all interested don't I?! But you might have to help me...like ask me questions or something so I freakin' know what to even talk about. :lmao:

OKW looks HUGE!!!

It is!

I'm always interested in what you have to share with us :)

OMG somehow I managed to miss the bit where you said about starting your report, but I am here now. I am glad you get to go back to OKW again, I know how much you loved it now. You have now made me want to stay there really badly, so can't wait to see more pictures from your next trip. Are you guys making an itinerary for your trip?

It's my parents' home resort, so we usually stay there. They also have points at SSR, but my mom loves OKW so that is usually where we stay.

Okay, so I want to keep you guys interested...

Here's a resort map of OKW:

OKWMap.gif

We were on the end of building #53 by the bus stop last year.

I'm anxious to see what building we get this time! Anyone else who's stayed at OKW or known someone who's stayed at OKW, what building number were you?

We've stayed several times at OKW and every time in building 18. Loved the location so we kept requesting. Oh, and always on top floor so no one was walking over our heads.

OMG somehow I managed to miss the bit where you said about starting your report, but I am here now. I am glad you get to go back to OKW again, I know how much you loved it now. You have now made me want to stay there really badly, so can't wait to see more pictures from your next trip. Are you guys making an itinerary for your trip?

Haha, that's okay! I hope to keep you interested until June...help me! Well I will post my ADR's once we get those made at the 90 day mark. And then I will post our plans once June hours come out.

It's my parents' home resort, so we usually stay there. They also have points at SSR, but my mom loves OKW so that is usually where we stay.

Oh that's cool! :thumbsup2

We've stayed several times at OKW and every time in building 18. Loved the location so we kept requesting. Oh, and always on top floor so no one was walking over our heads.

That's great! Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

Food Update

I went through the complete list of WDW places to eat and decided to go through where we are going to eat and what I want to order:

MK:

Tony’s: Appetizer: Tomato & Mozzarella Salad, Main: Spaghetti, Dessert: Tiramisu

Cosmic Rays: Half Rotisserie Chicken or Chicken Nuggets, Dessert: Carrot Cake, Strawberry Yogurt

Pinnochio’s: Mediterranean Salad, Dessert: Cannoli

Epcot:

Tutto Italia: Bucattini Pasta, Dessert: Tiramisu

Sunshine Seasons: sushi

Electric Umbrella: Whole Wheat Vegetable Wrap, Dessert: Cheesecake

DHS:

Backlot Express: Grilled Chicken Salad, Dessert: Strawberry Parfait

Mama Melrose: Appetizer: Bruschetta, Main: Penne Alla Vodka, Dessert: Tiramisu

Toy Story Pizza Planet: Toy Story Salad, Dessert: Mickey’s Rice Crispie Treat

AK:

Pizzafari: Pepperoni Pizza & Bread Sticks, Dessert: Apple Pie

Contemporary:

Chef Mickey’s: Buffet

Fort Wilderness:

Trail’s End: Buffet

Grand Floridian:

1900 Park Fare: Buffet

Old Key West:

Olivia’s: Appetizer: Crab Cakes, Main: Penne Pasta with Shrimp and Asiago Cheese

Poly:

Luau: Yummy salad, coconut bread, VOLCANO dessert, chicken, pork, vegetables..YUM

Kona Island Sushi Bar: Volcano Roll, Kona Combo Plate

DTD:

Wolfgang Puck Café Express: Cali Roll and Chicken Caesar Salad

Food Update

I went through the complete list of WDW places to eat and decided to go through where we are going to eat and what I want to order:

MK:

Tony’s: Appetizer: Tomato & Mozzarella Salad, Main: Spaghetti, Dessert: Tiramisu ~ Were thinking about trying Tony's, have you ever tried the meatball sub from there, or the speciality drink?

Cosmic Rays: Half Rotisserie Chicken or Chicken Nuggets, Dessert: Carrot Cake, Strawberry Yogurt

Pinnochio’s: Mediterranean Salad, Dessert: Cannoli

Epcot:

Tutto Italia: Bucattini Pasta, Dessert: Tiramisu ~ I really want to try here, have you been here before? I love tiramasu, oh now I want some now :rolleyes:

Sunshine Seasons: sushi

Electric Umbrella: Whole Wheat Vegetable Wrap, Dessert: Cheesecake

DHS:

Backlot Express: Grilled Chicken Salad, Dessert: Strawberry Parfait

Mama Melrose: Appetizer: Bruschetta, Main: Penne Alla Vodka, Dessert: Tiramisu

Toy Story Pizza Planet: Toy Story Salad, Dessert: Mickey’s Rice Crispie Treat

AK:

Pizzafari: Pepperoni Pizza & Bread Sticks, Dessert: Apple Pie

Contemporary:

Chef Mickey’s: Buffet

Fort Wilderness:

Trail’s End: Buffet ~ Have you tried this before?

Grand Floridian:

1900 Park Fare: Buffet

Old Key West:

Olivia’s: Appetizer: Crab Cakes, Main: Penne Pasta with Shrimp and Asiago Cheese

Poly:

Luau: Yummy salad, coconut bread, VOLCANO dessert, chicken, pork, vegetables..YUM ~ I love the food at the Luau, it is so, so good. I would go back just for that ;)

Kona Island Sushi Bar: Volcano Roll, Kona Combo Plate

DTD:

Wolfgang Puck Café Express: Cali Roll and Chicken Caesar Salad
~ Can't wait to try here, any other recommendations of what to order?

~ Can't wait to try here, any other recommendations of what to order?

I'm sorry to say I haven't tried either of those things at Tony's.

We haven't been to Tutto Italia before, we did eat at Alfredo's, which was what the restaurant was before it changed.

We have ate at Trail's End before. We love homestyle feel food so we always enjoy there.

Yay, you started!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I'm so psyched to follow along with your planning, and to get to count down the school days until our trips together! :cool1: :cool1: :laughing: Your food choices all look so good! I'm glad I'm not the only one who picks out what I'm gonna eat months before we actually get there :lmao:

My family will be staying at OKW in June as well. We are going to be there from June 9-18. A family friend of ours, who is going as well, booked our rooms for us. I can't believe it will be here before we know it. Time has sure flown since we started thinking about this.

I think we're going in June now b/c the 4/3 deal book through date was extended :) so we MIGHT be staying at OKW

I'm here! Can't wait to read more!

Now I'm off to read your TR from last year!

Yay, you started!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I'm so psyched to follow along with your planning, and to get to count down the school days until our trips together! :cool1: :cool1: :laughing: Your food choices all look so good! I'm glad I'm not the only one who picks out what I'm gonna eat months before we actually get there :lmao:

Hi Mel! :wave2: I can't wait for school to be done. :lmao:

I was bored so I thought I'd entertain myself AND y'all with my food choices and I decided to go one step further and choose that I want to order. :lmao:

My family will be staying at OKW in June as well. We are going to be there from June 9-18. A family friend of ours, who is going as well, booked our rooms for us. I can't believe it will be here before we know it. Time has sure flown since we started thinking about this.

Aw, sounds like we'll just miss you!! I hope you have a great time. :)

I think we're going in June now b/c the 4/3 deal book through date was extended :) so we MIGHT be staying at OKW

Ooh cool!

I'm here! Can't wait to read more!

Now I'm off to read your TR from last year!

Aw, hi! :wave2: Glad to have you!

I'm sorry to say I haven't tried either of those things at Tony's.

We haven't been to Tutto Italia before, we did eat at Alfredo's, which was what the restaurant was before it changed.

We have ate at Trail's End before. We love homestyle feel food so we always enjoy there.

I am glad to hear that as I am so excited about eating at Trails End. We love the food at Hoop dee doo and have heard it is much of the same. And we love the look of the menu, lots of lovely things and good variety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter