Our itinerary - your comments welcomed (long)

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
Here it is in its full glory! As usual it's very fluid - a guide rather than cast in stone. You need to know that we're total park freaks, but we would welcome any input on anything else we should be considering, especially nice places to eat. We're real foodies, although we do find the novelty wears off if we do too many, so we'll probably eat salads and sandwiches in the villa quite a bit. We're staying in Kissimmee, so any advice on good restaurants locally would be good.

<b>Saturday, 12 October</b>
Arrive and check out villa
Publix for provisions (and subs 'with everything on it')
Chill (read wine and jacuzzi!)

<b>Sunday, 13 October</b>
Breakfast at Boma
Epcot (first day tradition)
Chill at villa

<b>Monday, 14 October</b>
Bum around villa
Shopping (probably Florida Mall)
Eat out
Chill at villa

<b>Tuesday, 15 October</b>
Magic Kingdom
Share a Dream Come True
Eat out

<b>Wednesday, 16 October</b>
Animal Kingdom
Chill at villa

<b>Thursday, 17 October</b>
Winter Park
Eat out
AEROSMITH CONCERT!!!

<b>Friday, 18 October</b>
Check in to Hard Rock Hotel (early to get FOTL passes)
Islands of Adventure
The Palm (at HRH)

<b>Saturday, 19 October</b> <i>Friends' son's 21st birthday</i>
Universal Studios
Halloween Horror Nights

<b>Sunday, 20 October</b>
Breakfast at Sunset Grill (HRH)
Chill at hotel pool (hire cabana)

<b>Monday, 21 October</b>
Epcot (World Showcase) - International Food and Wine Festival :smooth:

<b>Tuesday, 22 October</b>
Day at beach (probably St Pete's)

<b>Wednesday, 23 October</b>
Sea World

<b>Thursday, 24 October</b>
MGM Studios

<b>Friday, 25 October</b> <i>Younger dd's 15th birthday</i>
DisneyQuest
Cinema
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

<b>Saturday, 26 October</b>
Celebration
Eat out
Spectromagic (8pm)
Eat at Grand Floridian (Citricos or Narcoossees)

<b>Sunday, 27 October</b>
Animal Kingdom

<b>Monday, 28 October</b>
MGM Studios
Eat out

<b>Tuesday, 29 October</b>
Shopping

<b>Wednesday, 30 October</b>
Epcot (more Food and Wine!)
IllumiNations

<b>Thursday, 31 October</b>
Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Eat out

<b>Friday, 1 November</b>
A park - whichever gets the most votes!

<b>Saturday, 2 November</b>
A park (as above)
Home :(
McCoys Bar and Grill (MCO) :p

Things on the list to fit in when we fancy them:

DownTown Disney
ESPN Bar at the BoardWalk
Mini golf
Resort hopping
Water park
THE MALL AT MILLENNIA!!!
Check out Portofino Bay, Royal Pacific and Gaylord Palms hotels
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

Restaurants:

Arthur's 27 at the Wyndham Palace (anyone done this?)
Artist Point
Bahama Breeze (not done this before)
Boma (breakfast and dinner, but not necessarily on the same day ;) )
Cafe Tu Tu Tango (another first)
California Grill
Citricos or Narcoossee's
Coral Reef (not done this before - what do you think?)
Delfino Riviera at Portofino Bay
Emeril's
Flying Fish Cafe (a favourite, but might have to give it a miss to try something new)
Jiko
Outback Steakhouse (the one by Splendid China. Never tried it before, but as we pass it every day, thought it was about time we did)
The Palm at HRH
Palio at WDW Swan
Sunset Sam's Fish Camp at Gaylord Palms
Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific (not holding out much hope that it will be open, but if it is, I'll be there!).

Oh, just LOADS, Christine! We can't believe that it's actually here at last. Dh and I have been having the most inane conversation for the last week based on exactly that, i.e. how we can't believe how close it is and how excited we are. Our teenage dd's are rolling their eyes at one another!

Originally posted by UKDEB
<b>Saturday, 19 October</b> <i>Friends' son's 21st birthday</i>
Universal Studios
Halloween Horror Nights
[/B]

I thought that HHN had switched to IoA this year?

Regards

Rob

Wow! You're prepared. Will you plan my next trip down there?

Rob,

We're planning on doing US during the day, then back to HRH and out again for HHN that evening.

Great plan - pretty similar to what we'll be doing this time next year!

We've been to Bahama Breeze a few times, excellent atmosphere, need to get there early to get a good table/heater on the deck(although you probably won't be needing the heater in Oct!). They open at 16:00 and fill very quickly.

Tu Tu Tango is an experience not to be missed, tapas with flair would just about cover it. The last time we went we had a magician at the table for 15-20 minutes, followed by a two bellydancers, add on the artwork around the place and you have somewhere pretty unique, plus the food is fantastic.

Have fun.

Hi Deb - your itinerary looks fantastic. What a shame - we move into HRH the day you move out:rolleyes:

Are you not a Busch Gardens fan, if you love the parks?

St Pete's - great day out, have you been to the Gulf Coast before? There are some lovely public car parks along St Pete's to park and that time of the year it shouldn't be too busy - so long as it's not weekend when the beaches get quite full, so your Tuesday trip will be good. In fact, all along from Clearwater driving down to St Pete's there are some lovely beaches and great restaurants. If you fancy a trip out in a boat once your down there, either try the Screamer from Clearwater, or one of the "more sedate" trips out of Clearwater or St Pete's dolphin watching.

Know what you mean about all the inane conversations - I seem to be eat, sleep, breathing our trip at the moment. Can't believe it's less than 4 weeks now :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: (can you tell I'm that excited, even though I'll probably have to hobble around on crutches:rolleyes: ). Even DH, who is always so laid back about our hols until we get there, is talking about it :)

Hi Debbie

Sounds really good and so well organised!

Would suggest getting your provisions from Goodings instead of Publix though, the food at Goodings is top quality (like Marks and Spencer here) and seeing you like good food I think you will find it better than Publix.

I need a green-faced smiley! Sounds fantastic and those restaurants - wonderful!!!!!!

I really wanted to look around and perhaps eat at the Gaylord Palm on our last visit but we didn't make it. Still, next time... ;)

Arthur's 27 is mentioned in The Unofficial Guide as being rather overpriced and this is a "jacket preferred, tie optional" restaurant.

Edit: I 'fed' Arthur's into the Search and several threads came up -
this is one of them. On another thread, someone has said it's their absolute favourite restaurant!

Deb,
Your itinerary looks great:D

I will be doing less theme park stuff but as you said thats what you all love(personally I would like to do more theme park days, but I am outvoted on that one:o )

I'm so excited too:) :jester: :) :jester:

Where are Aerosmith at Orlando Arena? I saw KISS Their in 1996 a great venue,Aerosmith are great in concert I actually won a comp and I was a VIP guest of the band at a party in London in 97 I hung out with AEROSMITH!!! It was AWESOME!!

Just a thought ... Kennedy Space Center is great and not too far away.

Ron Jon's surf shop in Cocoa Beach is nearby and worth a visit if you are over that way.

Also, one of the best things we have ever done (so much so, we have gone the last two times we've been there) is Old Fashioned Airboat Rides in Christmas, FL (45 min from Orlando and near Cocoa Beach/Kennedy Space Center). www.airboatrides
.com

We easily fit the airboat ride, picnic lunch at Cocoa Beach and visit to Ron Jon's into one day.

------------
Gatorland Zoo can be a hoot as well (right near Orlando) ... it is one of the "old time" Florida attractions.

Just a couple of comments - sounds as though you have things pretty wel wrapped up...

Outback Steakhouse is great: I love their bread, a "Bloomin Onion" is a must as an appetiser, their ribs are great (and so is the rest of the menu - casual and very reasonably priced.

If you want a REALLY great steak, then their is nothing to rival Shula's at the Dolphin. The atmosphere is a bit dark and formal (although you could dress quite relaxed - definitely doesn't require a tie unless you want to wear one...), its pricey, but their steaks are the BEST (they inist you cut into your steak whilst they are there to ensure that it is properly cooked). They also do a very wicked chocolate souffle to share (double souffle, sauces, Haagen Das ice creams - truly wicked). Swan and Dolphin are also good to look around.

Blizzard Beach was our favourite water park (been to Typhoon Lagoon too, which is also nice) - the theming there is just great.

Have LOTS of fun.
Boo

Hi Debbie,

Your Itineary looks great, you don't have long to go now!!

As for beach reccomendations I HIGHLY reccomend you visit Honeymoon Island, Near Clearwater. From there you can take a 10 minute boat ride to the uninhabited island of Caladesi. It is a really, really beautiful island with lots of nature walks and wildlife plus tons of tropical birds and a beautiful white sand beach with a warm sea!! the island boat leaves Honeymoon about 5 times an hour, and parking on Honeymoon is something like $10. Honeymoon has great shelling and turtles!!, but the boat trip to Caladesi is reccomended, as this has an even nicer beach.

Have fun!, if you have any more questions about Honeymoon/Caladesi Island I'd be happy to answer them.

Richard

Debbie,

After looking over your list of restaurants again, I realized that you don't have Beaches & Cream on it. Have you never eaten there? They have the best hamburgers, shakes, and sundaes on property. We always do a lunch there (skip breakfast). The atmosphere is great too.

That looks great Deb our paths may cross a couple of times :D Looks like you have the right amount of time for you to chill :D

Kaylee

Hi Deb - Itinerary looks great :)

Have you tried a Logans Steakhouse?

There is one (or even 2) along the 192 and we had some great meals there. Nothing fancy but good Ribs and Steaks. I think your youngsters would enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. This is the chain of restaurants that have the big barrel of Roasted Peanuts in the lobby and a bucketful on each table. You just chuck your shells on the floor! We had great fun with the waiting staff in all of the ones we went to.

:)

Wow! Thanks for all your replies and great ideas - I'll have to print off this thread so that we don't miss anything.

Annie - no we haven't been to the Gulf Coast before. We thought St Pete's would be a nice easy introduction and then maybe we'll try somewhere a bit more off the beaten track during another trip. Honeymoon Island sounds fabulous, Richard.

Floridalol - we've always preferred Publix as it seems to offer more choice, but in view of your comments I think it's time to give Goodings another go. We'll be needing to go more than once during 3 weeks! Which one do you use? There used to be one at the Formosa Gardens shopping center which is now a Winn Dixie, and I know I've seen others around, but I can't remember where.

Shirley, thanks for the info on Arthur's 27. I think this will probably fall by the wayside now. So many places to eat, so little time!

Ian - we are seeing Aerosmith at the Ice Palace in Tampa. We can't quite believe our luck! Kiss would be cool too.

Steph - I was a bit underwhelmed with Beaches and Cream when we stayed at the Beach Club. I think after all the rave reviews I was expecting something more. In fact I wasn't quite sure it could be the right place! Having said that, we didn't eat there, although the kids had a huge sundae. I never like to write anything off where food's concerned without giving it a couple of chances, so if we're over that way I think we should try it out.

Jan - we haven't tried Logan's and it does sound like good fun. I'll keep a lookout for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter