• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

Girl, you know I got lists. :rotfl: I'd be happy to send you mine, then you can just edit/add/remove items and tailor it to you and Keith. I'm pretty sure I have all the essentials (like car chargers, etc) on it!

Send it over :) you still have my email address? :)

I generally start my packing into a laundry basket a week or two before a big trip. That way as I think of things that might be missing, I can quickly toss them in. The size of the laundry basket helps me not to keep tossing things in though if it's getting too full.

That was my general plan...as I wash up things for the trip just put them in the suitcase. We will see how that plan works out. I'm glad I have the Friday before off but that just supports my procrastination!

tumblr_lcw7d0yler1qcwsd8o1_400.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!

11/19/15 Morning: Epcot

We will have a long day this day (our last day!). We have pre-park opening reservations (8:30am) at Garden Grill at Epcot!!

I’m hoping to arrive by 8am, and I’m guessing we just report to the main gate and check in there. I’ve never had a pre-park ADR at any park so I’m not quite sure how it works. Please share if you have any guidance! :)

I’m looking forward to this! I ate here years and years ago when I was in middle school when we were there on a school trip. Side Note: I grew up in the Florida Keys so we were about 6 hours away from Disney. Our school had a Disney Trip every year and I went from the time I was in 1st Grade until I graduated High School! My love for Disney has just grown as I got older.

Ok, I’m back…so Garden Grill. The food selections look yummy and I’m happy to see that there will be plenty of choices for Mr. Picky.

Chip 'N' Dale Breakfast Harvest Feast - Chip's Sticky Bun Bake, Seasonal Fresh Fruit, Scrambled Eggs, Home-styled Potato Barrels, Bacon, Sliced Ham, Mickey-shaped Waffles

This will probably be our only big interaction with the characters, as we know we will be meeting up with the characters more during our next trip with the kiddos. But how cute is Mickey in his overalls?

Once we are done with breakfast my plan is to head over to Soarin’ and ride standby. I’m hoping the wait will not be too crazy, but I definitely have to ride this one at some point during this trip since it will be closing down in January for 6 months!!! That means no Soarin’ during our Spring Trip…definitely have some disappointed family members about this…oh well, I’m sure it will be great when it re-opens.

After Soarin’ we will go do any other rides or sights we want to do again or missed on our previous visit earlier in the week. However, I do want to make sure we are heading back to CSR around noon or so. We will definitely need a good rest before the afternoon/evening festivities! :faint:

The plans will be to have a later than usual lunch since we have a later dinner ADR. We can grab something from the Pepper Market from CSR, or I was also thinking about stopping at one of the monorail resorts on the way back to the parks and having a quick service lunch there. I recently was checking out the Contempo Café and it looks like it has some decent choices and I thought it would be a fun place to eat, not to mention super convenient to head over to our next stop for the evening. It will give us another opportunity to see another resort (something we said we wanted to do on this trip).

However, I am open to suggestions…I was thinking the Contemporary or Grand Floridian since we will be visiting the Poly when we go to Ohana.

So, there are our plans for the first part of our final day. I’m planning on sharing the final park update next week and then one final update (probably Thursday) before we head out on Saturday evening. In other words…2 more updates and then I’m heading to Disney!!!!!

Thank you all for following along on this PTR, I have really enjoyed sharing my plans and getting suggestions. Not to mention making some great new Disfriends who I hope to cross paths with while at Disney...if not on this trip maybe another one! :)

SINGLE
DIGIT
DANCE!

Timon_Disney-Dance-Moves.gif

Garden Grill breakfast looks really good! It's on my list for next year!
Pre-park openings are fun! I've never done one at Epcot, but have at MK and DHS. There's usually a clearly marked sign to show where to report to and a CM there who will check your names off a list. Easy-peasy.
Here's hoping you have great luck getting to Soarin' nice and early for a short standby wait! I'm glad that they're refurbishing it, but I imagine there could be a lot of unhappy guests about that. Can't wait to see the finished product though.

Whew! We're so close! Holy crap!

Belated SINGLE DIGIT DANCE for yooouuuu!!! :woohoo:

ezTWISWAGjZFm.gif

3xz2BzMhSbW7QjQaBi.gif

WP1PJnXWQN692.gif

Also... I am SO EXCITED to hear about breakfast at Garden Grill! I am seriously considering working it into my 2016 trip if it I read enough good things about it between now and my ADR day!! :D

Mmmmm, Contempo Cafe - I enjoyed this one more than the quick serve at the GF, mainly because of location. I had a really good chicken salad there for a light lunch, and memories of my first Mickey Bar :flower:

Single digit dancing!
200.gif

I think the Contempo Cafe is definitely a possibility if we don't grab something back at CSR. Glad to hear (well read) that you liked it.

SINGLE
DIGIT
DANCE!

Timon_Disney-Dance-Moves.gif

Garden Grill breakfast looks really good! It's on my list for next year!
Pre-park openings are fun! I've never done one at Epcot, but have at MK and DHS. There's usually a clearly marked sign to show where to report to and a CM there who will check your names off a list. Easy-peasy.
Here's hoping you have great luck getting to Soarin' nice and early for a short standby wait! I'm glad that they're refurbishing it, but I imagine there could be a lot of unhappy guests about that. Can't wait to see the finished product though.

Whew! We're so close! Holy crap!

I will be sure to report back about Garden Grill breakfast. :) I'm hoping the pre-park check in goes smoothly!

I can't believe it is so close. 4 work days to get through this week!

Belated SINGLE DIGIT DANCE for yooouuuu!!! :woohoo:

ezTWISWAGjZFm.gif

3xz2BzMhSbW7QjQaBi.gif

WP1PJnXWQN692.gif

Also... I am SO EXCITED to hear about breakfast at Garden Grill! I am seriously considering working it into my 2016 trip if it I read enough good things about it between now and my ADR day!! :D

I will for sure let you know how GG is for breakfast. I'm sure you will see some sneak peeks of pics via fb! :)

Is it even possible that a week from today I will be inside the Magic Kingdom at this time???

We had a pretty uneventful weekend. We stayed around the house on Saturday. Emma spent the weekend with her Mommy, so it was just me and the boys. I tackled the laundry and just stayed around the house.

I did meet up with a friend of mine who just recently got back from Disney so that was fun to hear all about her trip with her husband and son! Keith went out to the Flea Market on Sunday and had a table there to make some extra money for our trip...which he did!! It is always hit and miss there so it was good he was able to walk away with some money that we put in the Disney Fund. :)

As I mentioned earlier the plan was maybe to start some packing. So, I sorta started....I got our toiletry bag pretty much packed except for all the last minute items.

In my book that counts as packing! I also put aside some clothes that I don't want either one of us wearing until the trips since we are both klutzy, and spills on our shirts are an every day occurrence!

Now some Disney Magic did happen over the weekend. Keith and I sat on the couch together for a good 45 minutes while Joey played and talked Disney!! I was showing pictures of CSR and the restaurants we are scheduled to eat at while there. Don't get me wrong, Keith LOVES Disney he just can't stand the planning of it all and he doesn't really want to talk about until the trip is right around the corner. The conversation did lead to a change in one of our FP's on 11/16. We got rid of the one for Buzz and made one for Splash Mountain instead. Other than that he was pretty happy with the plans! We just can't wait to be on the road!

Also! In a conversation yesterday, out of the blue he mentioned he wants to take the kids back again next October!!!!! WHAT?????? He said we might as well use our Annual Passes one last time. Emma usually has a Monday and Tuesday off from school in mid-October. We could pick her up from school at lunch on Thursday, she could miss school on Friday and then they would be off the following Monday and Tuesday. So, we would have 4 days at the parks (Friday-Monday)! We will be on a TIGHT budget this trip, so right now the plan is to stay off-site and only do 1 or 2 Table Service Meals (now doesn't that sound familiar...hmmm reminds me of our initial plans for our Spring Trip and you all know how that worked out)! :) I agreed with Keith we need to watch the budget on this trip, but it won't stop me from checking out any potential AP discounts for that time frame! :)

Well, that is it for this quick update. I have to get through 4 days of work this week and then I will be off on Friday which will be spent cleaning, doing laundry and packing. Then Saturday will be spent with the kids in the morning and then at Noon I will be heading over to pick up the rental car and then begins the crazy "we are leaving this evening so get all this crap done and did I forget anything" frenzy!

I plan on posting my final park update this week, but I will probably doing some updates here and there because I'm just too darn excited not to! :)

In my book that counts as packing!
Totally counts! Good work! ::yes::

I also put aside some clothes that I don't want either one of us wearing until the trips since we are both klutzy, and spills on our shirts are an every day occurrence!
I have had clothes put aside for MONTHS for this very same reason! :rotfl: I am notorious for wearing my food! Just last week I went for sushi with my best friend after work, then after dinner I had to go to Best Buy while rockin' a huge soy sauce stain on the front and center of my off-white shirt. Ooops! :headache:

The conversation did lead to a change in one of our FP's on 11/16. We got rid of the one for Buzz and made one for Splash Mountain instead.
Change approved! :thumbsup2

Also! In a conversation yesterday, out of the blue he mentioned he wants to take the kids back again next October!!!!!
Sooooo, you're totally thinking Oct. 21-25 then, right? Because... you know... I'll, like, be there and stuff... :rolleyes1

Don't hold back with those updates, girl! That's exactly what these PTR thingies are for! :cutie:

Totally counts! Good work! ::yes::

YAY! :)

I have had clothes put aside for MONTHS for this very same reason! :rotfl: I am notorious for wearing my food! Just last week I went for sushi with my best friend after work, then after dinner I had to go to Best Buy while rockin' a huge soy sauce stain on the front and center of my off-white shirt. Ooops! :headache:

Glad to be in good company! :)

Change approved! :thumbsup2

This way at least Keith feels a bit involved in the planning!

Sooooo, you're totally thinking Oct. 21-25 then, right? Because... you know... I'll, like, be there and stuff... :rolleyes1

Billie, in all seriousness if they keep the same days off next school year we will be there Oct. 20-25!!!!!!!!!!! You better believe I will be stalking the school calendar for next year to make sure! Either way I think Keith and I have decided to make it a surprise trip for the kids!

Don't hold back with those updates, girl! That's exactly what these PTR thingies are for! :cutie:

Thanks! When I think how close we are to leaving I get butterflies...both from excitement and complete nerves because I know everything that has to be done between now and then!

I had to do something different!

I wouldn't expect any less!

11/19/15: Afternoon/Evening Plans – Magic Kingdom

I can’t believe this is the last park update before I leave!!!! Ok, we left off heading back to CSR for a rest after Epcot. I’m hoping to be back to CSR around 12:30 or so because I know we need to rest up for our plans later in the evening. Who knows if we will actually nap, but just chilling out around the resort will be good. Let’s be honest I will also be packing up as much stuff as possible so I don’t have to worry about that later that night or the next morning (but let’s not discuss that any further).

Our lunch plans will dictate our next steps. Here are our options:

1. Eat at Pepper Market at CSR

2. Eat at Contempo Café

3. Eat at Cosmic Rays at MK

I can see Keith choosing option #1 or #3 where I’m leaning toward option #2. This is typical for us when it comes to deciding on where to eat..lol.

Regardless wherever we end up grabbing a later lunch we will spend our time in Magic Kingdom…this is our MVMCP Night!!!! We have the following FP’s scheduled:

· 3:15-4:15 – Thunder Mountain

· 4:15-5:15 – Pirates

· 5:20-6:20 – 7DMT

I’m super excited about MVMCP. I remember being at WDW in November 2012 with the kids and seeing all the signs for it, and it was then I knew at some point I wanted to attend! When we started making the plans for this trip it wasn’t originally part of the plans, but I’m so glad it worked out and we will be able to attend out first Disney Party! :)

Also on this night we have a Dinner ADR at Be Our Guest!!!! It’s a late dinner scheduled at 7:50. I’m imagining it to look something like this when we walk up!

https://flic.kr/p/AhwtAR
https://flic.kr/p/ATco5C
As you can imagine I have scrutinized the dinner menu and I know Keith will get the steak which looks really good and I might have to join him on that, but I will survey the menu again while we are there.

Once we are properly stuffed from dinner we will head back out for the party. To be honest, I don’t have too much of a game plan for the party. I would like to see the parade if Keith is up for it, but will probably catch the later parade. Of course need to see the Holiday fireworks show. Other than that we are just going to wing it! Our main focus will be on the rides though, not too worried about meeting the characters. I honestly just want to hit up some rides and just sit back and enjoy the park!

Not sure if we will make it to midnight..might head out with the masses after the 2nd parade, but who knows…we shall see how we feel.

We will crash once we get back to CSR I do know that much. Our plan is to be on the road by 8am to start heading back to our kiddos!

Well, there you have it the final park update!!!!

I’m pretty shocked I haven’t changed too much, however I did change the following this morning:

11/18/15: moved our Sci-Fi ADR from 4:35 to 12:45, and moved out Star Tours FP from 5:55-6:55 to 4:25-5:25. These changes will lead to us getting out of DHS a bit earlier than originally planned and allow up to head over to MK for evening EMH hours earlier! J

5 more days and we will be on Disney Property…4 more days and we will be in route!!

Well, it finally happened! I have started having Disney Trip Dreams. I dreamt last night I forgot to pack our Magic Bands, and we had to have Mom overnight them to us!!! Well, you better believe as soon as I got up this morning I put that wonderful little box in a very safe place, so I won't forget to pack it!

1 1/2 days left of work!! So far the work days have been going by pretty fast which is a bit surprising since Monday and Tuesday I worked 11 hours each day (straight)! I'm hoping to finish up at a decent time today because I need to take Joey to his Tumbling Class and not to mention I want to spend as much time as possible with the kiddos before we leave! :(

Tomorrow will be my final day at work before the trip, then that evening Emma has her Tumble Class. Then we are onto Friday, which thankfully I have off!!!!! While the kids are in school the mission is to get this house cleaned, laundry done and as much of the packing done as possible. I really don't want to have to do too much on Saturday except spend it with the kids. I am scheduled to pick up the rental car at noon, then I will head to the grocery store with Mom to get some food/drinks for her while she is here with Joey. Also, make sure that Joey is stocked up on all his Gluten Free food. I will also grab some snacks/breakfast items for the trip.

After that we will say our good-byes to Emma and take her over to her Mommy's place. :( Then back to the house to pack up the car, have some dinner with Mom and Joey and bathe him. My Mom will get him to sleep and while she is doing that we will get on the road and head to Port Wentworth, GA for our overnight stay there! (Thanks @Elevationist)

I feel like I still have so much to do between now and then, but I know I can get it all done and we will be on the road before we know it!

Last official update!!! :)

Well, here we are at the last official update before we leave for Disney!!!! I was looking back over this report and it is so great to be able to see how this trip has really evolved. Your comments, suggestions and support have really made this report very special to me….thank you!!

So, today is my last day of work. I have a meeting this morning with my Manager to go over the items I need her to keep an eye on while I’m out. I have really worked hard over the past 2 weeks to limit this list as much as possible. However, I look at the list I have to review with her and the list of items I need to get done before I finish out today and it scares me!! I’m hoping to be done by 4:30 so I can take Emma to Tumbling and then begin the trip prep!

I’m really happy I’m off tomorrow because I will have all day tomorrow to get us ready. The day will be spent cleaning and getting ready for the trip. I’m going to take full advantage of the time the kids are in school.

Saturday will be full of getting all the last minute things done (picking up rental car, groceries, packing car, etc). Oh, not sure if I mentioned this or not, but I was able to get a cheaper price for our rental car. When I originally made the reservation it was $202 for a week for an intermediate car, I was able to find a cheaper price for $182 and then just the other day I found it even cheaper at $172…not too bad for a week rental. I will be checking right up to the point of rental. :)

I’m hoping to be on the road Saturday evening by 7:30pm (when Joey lays down for bed). Keith and I will then make our way to Port Wentworth, GA to stay here:

https://flic.kr/p/A3pUy1
https://flic.kr/p/AmtGDY
If we don’t grab breakfast there then we will grab something on the road or just eat some of the breakfast stuff I’m planning on bringing with us (want to save our appetite for lunch at DSprings)!

Again according to Google Maps the drive from the hotel to CSR should take about 4 hours. I’m hoping since we are heading down there early on a Sunday evening we don’t run into too many traffic issues.

Hopefully we will be arriving here around 10-10:30!!!

I did online check-in and listed 10am as our arrival time. I’m keeping fingers crossed I get that magical text stating our room is ready! J If no such text arrives, we will do the standard check in. It would be great if the room was ready so we could unpack, but if not that is fine too. We will just keep our suitcases in the car and head on over to DSpings!

I think I have decided I will be eating lunch here!

https://flic.kr/p/AX9WHW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter