• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

Looks like you had a great time in DC. I live about 20 minuntes from DC and I really should get down there more to see the sights.

We have the same dates for November but doesn't look like our plans overlap at any time. I'll send a general wave in the direction of CSR. :wave:

I will make sure to wave back :wave: You never know my plans could change and maybe will have some overlap :)

So sorry you were ill!!! Did you ever find out if you had food poisoning?
Wax people creep me out...

YES I WANNA GO!

So sorry you were ill!!! Did you ever find out if you had food poisoning?
Wax people creep me out...

YES I WANNA GO!

We are pretty sure it was food poisoning. I was feeling a lot better by the next day!

Keith was completely creeped out when we got there...he had never been to anything like a wax museum before. It was fun though...LOL

It's a great trip! I highly recommending using one of the Double Decker Tour Buses! Well worth the money!

Ok, with a little help...oh who am I kidding with ALOT of help from our friend @Elevationist I pulled together my spreadsheet. It is still a work in progress, but I was pretty proud of it so I wanted to share it with friends :) (sorry so blurry)
I'm happy I could help! Just one little bit of advice, since you mentioned the blurryness and how hard it is to read...

Maybe the next time you screencap it to upload it, crop it down a bit? That's what I do when I post mine. Like, if you crop it where I indicate here in hot pink, it should show up larger and clearer when you upload it, then post it in the thread (in theory):

thing.jpg

Hope that helps! :cutie:

I'm happy I could help! Just one little bit of advice, since you mentioned the blurryness and how hard it is to read...

Maybe the next time you screencap it to upload it, crop it down a bit? That's what I do when I post mine. Like, if you crop it where I indicate here in hot pink, it should show up larger and clearer when you upload it, then post it in the thread (in theory):

thing.jpg

Hope that helps! :cutie:

Awesome!!! Just gave this a try and I think it worked!! YAY!!

Quick Update: Changes!! (Shocker)

Because of the wisdom of our friend @Elevationist I think I may have a little less blurry version of my spreadsheet.

1l007v7.jpg

As you may notice there has been some changes...imagine that!!! After thinking it over a bit, Keith and I (well mainly me) that it might be best not to have an ADR on our arrival day. I was a bit worried about making it when you just never know how your travel day is going to end up. So, we decided to cancel our T-Rex ADR and just get QS meals for lunch and dinner. Here is a bit of recap for our arrival day, 11/15/15:

4:00am: Get on the road
1:00pm: Arrive at CSR, hoping to be able to check in a bit early. If so, we can unpack the car. If not we will either grab QS Lunch at Pepper Market or DTD

Late Afternoon: Spend at DTD (I know it's Disney Springs now, but it will take me some time)
5pm: Head to HS (I know it's going to be something new soon, but I'm just now getting used to calling it HS and not MGM)
7pm: Grab QS Dinner at HS and enjoy
8pm - 10pm: HS EMH :)

I feel much better about this approach, but that then caused me to have another TS to use later that week. So, I made a Bfast ADR at 9:45am at Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom on 11/18/15. This was the morning I wasn't too sure what we would be doing so with this ADR made I now have a plan for that morning. AK has EMH starting at 8am, so we will arrive in time for AK (so much for the idea of sleeping in...told you I didn't think that would happen). We can enjoy the park for about an hour and half and then head over for our ADR. I'm not quite sure what the plan will be after we have Bfast. Our next ADR for that day is for Dinner at Sci-Fi at 4:35 so as long as we make it there in time for that, I'm good!

So there you have it, I'm pretty happy with the way things are lined up for now, but you all know that does not mean I'm not going to change anything! :)

Now friends I need QS suggestions for DTD and HS! :)

I really like your plans!!!
You just make me want to go and update all my spreadsheets..

Since i still haven't had the time to do them!

I really like your plans!!!
You just make me want to go and update all my spreadsheets..

Since i still haven't had the time to do them!

I have had such crazy weeks with work (colleagues being out on vacation) that working on my Disney spreadsheets for 5 minutes is a wonderful and much needed escape. I cannot tell you how happy I am that today is Friday. I've already been working for 2 hours this morning, and don't think I will be done until late this evening. FUN TIMES!

Hi deedee! :wave2: I am finally caught up on your PTR and your plans look wonderful! I am very envious of an adults only trip, but love that you guys are getting to re-do your honeymoon. How exciting to have everything coming together and to be staying at a new resort! We have not stayed at CSR, but have stayed at CBR and POR. We did visit CSR last year to walk around the resort and grab a bite at Pepper Market. The resort is beautiful and very romantic especially at night, I think you guys will love it.
We also drive to WDW from NC and we always visit DTD on our arrival day and our departure day. We love DTD and one of the best QS there is Wolfgang Puck Express (WPE), so it is a must do for us every time. As for QS at HS, we have only tried Pizza Planet and Backlot Express. While they were okay - I did not find them to be all that great, so hopefully others can give you some additional insights!

Because of the wisdom of our friend @Elevationist I think I may have a little less blurry version of my spreadsheet.
Yay, I'm so glad it worked for you! :cutie:

As you may notice there has been some changes...imagine that!!! After thinking it over a bit, Keith and I (well mainly me) that it might be best not to have an ADR on our arrival day. I was a bit worried about making it when you just never know how your travel day is going to end up.
I encourage this. After my experience in April with the traffic and seriously sweating over my dinner reservation, I think you're making the right choice! :thumbsup2

Late Afternoon: Spend at DTD (I know it's Disney Springs now, but it will take me some time)
Has it officially changed yet? I refuse to change my verbiage until Disney makes it official! ::yes::

5pm: Head to HS (I know it's going to be something new soon, but I'm just now getting used to calling it HS and not MGM)
Isn't that crazy? How many names is that park going to go through?! :confused3

So there you have it, I'm pretty happy with the way things are lined up for now, but you all know that does not mean I'm not going to change anything! :)
I so relate to this. :rotfl2:

Now friends I need QS suggestions for DTD and HS! :)
Hmmm... At DTD, I really like Earl of Sandwich, and have heard AMAZING things about Wolfgang Puck Express. Also, I loved my meal at Raglan Road, and the QS location Cookes of Dublin serves a lot of the same stuff. YUM!

For HS, I'm no help... I've never been overly impressed by CS options there. So for me, HS day is always my TURKEY LEG day! :D

Hi deedee! :wave2: I am finally caught up on your PTR and your plans look wonderful! I am very envious of an adults only trip, but love that you guys are getting to re-do your honeymoon. How exciting to have everything coming together and to be staying at a new resort! We have not stayed at CSR, but have stayed at CBR and POR. We did visit CSR last year to walk around the resort and grab a bite at Pepper Market. The resort is beautiful and very romantic especially at night, I think you guys will love it.
We also drive to WDW from NC and we always visit DTD on our arrival day and our departure day. We love DTD and one of the best QS there is Wolfgang Puck Express (WPE), so it is a must do for us every time. As for QS at HS, we have only tried Pizza Planet and Backlot Express. While they were okay - I did not find them to be all that great, so hopefully others can give you some additional insights!

:rainbow: We are definitely excited about this trip!! :) It will be a completely different trip just the two of us. We will miss the kids but it will help us to know we will be back with them in the Spring 2016.

What part of NC do you drive from? If you don't mind me asking. We live near Charlotte, so I'm hoping it will take us about 9 hours (hopefully less) since it will just be the two of us (not so much of a need to stop for bathroom breaks).

Thanks for the feedback....WPE was definitely on the list of possibilities...looks so yummy and good choices for my picky DH. I was also looking at Backlot Express as well at HS. None of the QS seem to be jumping out at me, but I'm sure we will figure something out.

Thanks for following along and now I'm off to catch up on your PTR :)

Yay, I'm so glad it worked for you! :cutie:

I encourage this. After my experience in April with the traffic and seriously sweating over my dinner reservation, I think you're making the right choice! :thumbsup2

Has it officially changed yet? I refuse to change my verbiage until Disney makes it official! ::yes::

Isn't that crazy? How many names is that park going to go through?! :confused3

I so relate to this. :rotfl2:

Hmmm... At DTD, I really like Earl of Sandwich, and have heard AMAZING things about Wolfgang Puck Express. Also, I loved my meal at Raglan Road, and the QS location Cookes of Dublin serves a lot of the same stuff. YUM!

For HS, I'm no help... I've never been overly impressed by CS options there. So for me, HS day is always my TURKEY LEG day! :D

OOOOOHHH Cookes of Dublin....didn't even think about that one...hmmmm jotting that one down right now. WPE is definitely on the list of possibilities. I would love to try Earl of Sandwich but will need to run the menu by Mr. Picky (oh I mean my loving husband).

Ok, Gang! I broke down and purchased the subscription to Touring Plans. So far I'm really liking it, but would love any recommendations from folks that have used it in the past. I also LOVE the feature with the Hotel Rooms Views...though I know you can do that without the subscription.

Has anyone used the Touring Plans feature to request a room? To be honest, I'm really thinking about not requesting a room and see where the pixie dust lands for us. I'm not too picky and don't need to be super close to a bus stop since we will be using our rental car most of the time. But I'm always open to suggestions...any suggestions on rooms at CSR? We booked a standard room. :)

:rainbow: We are definitely excited about this trip!! :) It will be a completely different trip just the two of us. We will miss the kids but it will help us to know we will be back with them in the Spring 2016.

What part of NC do you drive from? If you don't mind me asking. We live near Charlotte, so I'm hoping it will take us about 9 hours (hopefully less) since it will just be the two of us (not so much of a need to stop for bathroom breaks).

Thanks for the feedback....WPE was definitely on the list of possibilities...looks so yummy and good choices for my picky DH. I was also looking at Backlot Express as well at HS. None of the QS seem to be jumping out at me, but I'm sure we will figure something out.

Thanks for following along and now I'm off to catch up on your PTR :)
We drive from Harrisburg which is close to the Speedway. The first year it took us 10 hours but that is because we stopped for 2 sit down meals! Last year it only took us 8 hours! We left at 6:30 am, we ate chick fil for breakfast then only stopped at rest areas for bathroom breaks and once for gas - got there at 2:20 which was great but took us 2 hours to get checked in! :headache: I also drove for the first half because like you I drive a little faster than the hubby!!!

My DH is also a picky eater - he is a meat and potatoes guy. He usually gets the rotisserie chicken but this year he is going to try the bacon wrapped meatloaf! Also thanks for following along on my PTR as well!

Ok, Gang! I broke down and purchased the subscription to Touring Plans. So far I'm really liking it, but would love any recommendations from folks that have used it in the past. I also LOVE the feature with the Hotel Rooms Views...though I know you can do that without the subscription.

Has anyone used the Touring Plans feature to request a room? To be honest, I'm really thinking about not requesting a room and see where the pixie dust lands for us. I'm not too picky and don't need to be super close to a bus stop since we will be using our rental car most of the time. But I'm always open to suggestions...any suggestions on rooms at CSR? We booked a standard room. :)
I have a subscription to touring plans. I like that I can put my itinerary in and really love the mobile lines app. It seems a little more accurate because users are submitting actual wait times. I haven't used the request a room but I have thought about it. I know at POR they actually accept faxes at the resort for the room assigners but I've hear that the other resorts don't - so I'm not really sure! Hope someone can confirm. :flower1:

We drive from Harrisburg which is close to the Speedway. The first year it took us 10 hours but that is because we stopped for 2 sit down meals! Last year it only took us 8 hours! We left at 6:30 am, we ate chick fil for breakfast then only stopped at rest areas for bathroom breaks and once for gas - got there at 2:20 which was great but took us 2 hours to get checked in! :headache: I also drove for the first half because like you I drive a little faster than the hubby!!!

My DH is also a picky eater - he is a meat and potatoes guy. He usually gets the rotisserie chicken but this year he is going to try the bacon wrapped meatloaf! Also thanks for following along on my PTR as well!

I have a subscription to touring plans. I like that I can put my itinerary in and really love the mobile lines app. It seems a little more accurate because users are submitting actual wait times. I haven't used the request a room but I have thought about it. I know at POR they actually accept faxes at the resort for the room assigners but I've hear that the other resorts don't - so I'm not really sure! Hope someone can confirm. :flower1:

You are not too far from me! :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an 8 hour drive. We will stop for breakfast somewhere quick and then just hoping for quick bathroom breaks after that. With just the 2 of us I think we can manage this. I'm also hoping since we are leaving extra early (4am) that the roads will be pretty clear and we won't run into too much traffic. I would love to be checking into CSR by lunch time. I'm not expecting the room to be ready at that time, but at least we can get checked in and then be on our way to DTD and then HS. However, it would be great if the room was ready....be nice to unpack first if possible.

I cannot imagine check in taking 2 hours....UGH :(

i LOVE touring plans!!! But no i don't use them to request anything.. I like to call Disney.

I'm loving it so far!!!! I'm hoping to get more time to play around in it soon. I entered my info for our first day at Magic Kingdom (11/16) and it had us completing everything on our list by 2pm that afternoon!! When I had it scheduled out we weren't finishing up until 6pm or so! Keith is worried I'm going to have him on strict schedule of racing from one ride to the next yelling at him we only have 30 seconds to get to Splash Mountain (move, move move!!). LOL! I assured him that was not the case, but the mental picture of me yelling at him was a good laugh!

4 months from today we will be heading to Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!

So, the 4 month mark always seems to be a big milestone for me for some reason...I'm not really sure why though! :) I also know once Emma is back in school at the end of next month it will fly by even faster!!!

No major Disney News for right now except I made a payment toward the trip today. I sat down the other day and figured out I have 6 paychecks until the full amount is due on 10/1/15 (I know they provide a grace period, but I would like it to be paid off completely by that date). My goal is to not to use anything from our Savings for this trip, so far looks like we will be able to do that!! YAY!!

Then after the trip is paid off I will save money from my remaining paychecks for the remaining items (luckily I get paid the Friday before we leave...that works out well!):

Car Rental: $205
Gas: $75 (we reserved a smaller car since it's just the 2 of us, so should help on gas. Keith says I have over-budgeted, he said we will only need $50, I had originally budgeted $100 for gas so we met in the middle and said $75...we will see who was right. The drive is about 600 miles for us from NC to WDW, if anyone has any tricks in determining an estimated cost of gas...please share).
Food outside of the Dining Plan: $100 (we usually do really well with sticking to the DDP and having it cover all our meals/snacks while at the park, but we will be paying OOP for food on the ride there and home and I like to have extra just in case)
Extra/Spending Money: $200 (We aren't planning on buying a bunch of stuff because we rather save that kind of stuff for when we go back with the kids).

It's nice to have a game plan laid out regarding the payment of the trip! Well, that was a longer update than I had expected. :)

Just found your trip report and I'm jumping in to follow along. I'm at the end of the first page and I see I've got a lot of reading to do. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter