• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Halloween Pop adventure with a 32 year old Disney Newbie -Trip report link pg. 34

I did a "schedule 1.0" yesterday as well. We also are only going to Epcot one morning, our first. I may have to make some changes.

Where did you get the best days from? TGM?

Schedule 1.0 - love it! I got the best days from touringplans.com. I checked the book out of the libarary ;)

Aww, it's always fun looking at old pictures. Your trip is going to be here before you know it...we're going in August and the time seems to be flying by!

I'll have to post some soon. I'm sure time will fly!

Happy 4th of July!!!

And thanks to all the service men and women who fight to keep us free!:love:

Here are some firework pictures, they didn't really look like the pictures, but I thought they were cool anyway.
DSC02431.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

DSC02433.jpg

That is so cute that they did their own parade! Love the fireworks shots as well. Glad you had a good 4th! :)

AAAww their own parade. Reminds me of things we did as kids. You know when kids had to use their imagination more for play.

A few updates, I have been faithfully soaking up the summer sun :cool1: (a little too much - ow!) and reading the UG 2009 (finished it and returned it to the library :thumbsup2 ) and my Passporter. I have our last ADR narrowed to Tusker House, Ohana or Kona. Any opinions?

I called today to add the Magical Express to our reservations and had them double check for free dining pins attached to mine or SIL's name (no such luck though - bummer!).

Now the decision I have to make is on ADR's - I am going to camp with DD the weekend that my ADR's open up, so I won't be home to call or go online. I don't want to make DH get up so early, so I'm trying to decide if I should use my cell and call at 6:00am to get ADR's for Crystal Palace and CRT and then do the rest online that afternoon when I get home or take my chances and do them all when I get home. CP is the only one I really care about getting at a certain time, so it's really the only reason I am considering getting up and calling. If we don't get CRT I won't be heartbroken, but if I am getting up to call, I may as well make that ADR too.

And - I ordered our MNSSHP tickets for 10/27 as well - can't wait to get them! You can get eTickets now and print them yourself, but I wanted the cute cards - what's $4.00 shipping in the grand scheme of things?

If it were me, I would call for CP and CRT @ 6. Those seem to be the ones that go fast, especially CRT (I thought you could call on that one 180 days out still?).

I have only eaten at Tusker House for breakfast and it is very good. The character interaction was also good. We are eating at TH and OHana this trip. What time of day were you thinking?

If it were me, I would call for CP and CRT @ 6. Those seem to be the ones that go fast, especially CRT (I thought you could call on that one 180 days out still?).

I have only eaten at Tusker House for breakfast and it is very good. The character interaction was also good. We are eating at TH and OHana this trip. What time of day were you thinking?

For CRT I want lunch, CP - 8:00am breakfast and Tusker house dinner. I think we narrowed it down to Tusker house, it will work better and it's a buffet which Dh is a big fan of :) CRT switched to 90 days in June I think.

Oh, cool. I was worried that you would miss out on CRT.

If you want an 8 am at CP I would call on your day. I'm not sure about Tusker House. Since it is dinner and you don't have a set time you could probably call later.

Good luck getting them!!

The fourth of july parade was too cute! Love the way they decorated and all wore red white and blue! :) Oh! I think Tusker House is a great choice! I can't believe you make your adr's real soon! I'm going to Hershey Park and the Outlets in Lancaster on the 24th! I can't wait after that my trip should be here in no time! I'm getting excited then when I get back I'll have TR then I can look foward to reading your TR! ;)

I have our last ADR narrowed to Tusker House, Ohana or Kona. Any opinions?

And - I ordered our MNSSHP tickets for 10/27 as well - can't wait to get them! You can get eTickets now and print them yourself, but I wanted the cute cards - what's $4.00 shipping in the grand scheme of things?

Hooray for the party tickets!! :dance3:

Loved 'Ohana... can't say I've been to either Kona or Tusker House, so I'm no help! Definitely think you should call first thing for CP and CRT... sometimes it's the time slot that goes fast more so than the day.

Good Luck! pixiedust:

Kathy

Oh, cool. I was worried that you would miss out on CRT.

If you want an 8 am at CP I would call on your day. I'm not sure about Tusker House. Since it is dinner and you don't have a set time you could probably call later.

Good luck getting them!!

I think I will definately get up and call, but I bet our roommates will think I am nuts :rotfl:

The fourth of july parade was too cute! Love the way they decorated and all wore red white and blue! :) Oh! I think Tusker House is a great choice! I can't believe you make your adr's real soon! I'm going to Hershey Park and the Outlets in Lancaster on the 24th! I can't wait after that my trip should be here in no time! I'm getting excited then when I get back I'll have TR then I can look foward to reading your TR! ;)

You're trip is coming so fast! Have fun on your trip to Hershey park and the outlets - that sounds really fun!

Hooray for the party tickets!! :dance3:

Loved 'Ohana... can't say I've been to either Kona or Tusker House, so I'm no help! Definitely think you should call first thing for CP and CRT... sometimes it's the time slot that goes fast more so than the day.

Good Luck! pixiedust:

Kathy

Yeah - I think I will call early that day - I really want to start our trip out with an early ADR. I talked to DH and we are going to do Tusker house dinner - he loves his buffets :lovestruc

I think I will definately get up and call, but I bet our roommates will think I am nuts :rotfl:

You're trip is coming so fast! Have fun on your trip to Hershey park and the outlets - that sounds really fun!

Yeah - I think I will call early that day - I really want to start our trip out with an early ADR. I talked to DH and we are going to do Tusker house dinner - he loves his buffets :lovestruc

I know! I can't wait for Both Hershey and Florida!!! :thumbsup2 And I'm thinking if you really want Tusker House you should do that in the am also it books pretty fast! :goodvibes

I know! I can't wait for Both Hershey and Florida!!! :thumbsup2 And I'm thinking if you really want Tusker House you should do that in the am also it books pretty fast! :goodvibes

I only need six, so maybe I should just do them all then - we'll see how long I sit on hold :rolleyes1

I only need six, so maybe I should just do them all then - we'll see how long I sit on hold :rolleyes1

I hear ya! If you get through definitely do all 6 because from my past experience the later in the day you call the harder it is to get places and before 8pm was crazy and I was just changing something :eek: but my theory is get it done and over with ! Good luck with it hopefully you get everything you want! :)

Itinerary and ADR's:

Here is my tentative plan :banana:

10/25 - arrive in Orlando late, so just checking in and catching some food

10/26 - am Magic Kingdom, pm Epcot (Illuminations) ADR: Crystal Palace 8:00am

10/27 - am resort and rest, early pm DTD, BBB. pm - MNSSHP at MK. ADR: Chef Mickey's 5:00pm (I think that's the first dinner time - I'd like earlier if it's available)

10/28 - sleep in, head to Epcot spend the day in World Showcase. ADR: Biergarten 7:30

10/29 - Animal Kingdom ADR: Tusker house 5:30

10/30 - am - DHS; PM Magic Kingdom - Spectro and Wishes ADR: 1900 Park Fare 5:30

10/31 - am Epcot; pm - Halloween activities at resort or DTD ADR: CRT 2:00

11/1 - Go home :sad1:

The ADR times are not set yet of course, but those are the approximate times I will go for.

I hear ya! If you get through definitely do all 6 because from my past experience the later in the day you call the harder it is to get places and before 8pm was crazy and I was just changing something :eek: but my theory is get it done and over with ! Good luck with it hopefully you get everything you want! :)

I'll have to see how my reception is and how long I'm on hold. I'm going to be at a camp in Northern Wisconsin, so it could be iffy. :eek: I'll just need to go with the flow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter