• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Gawrsh Darn Spooktacular Halloween TR ***Last Updates from Tracy 6/17***

So I thought I would do a mini TR for my 3 day Disney trip.

We left Canada Monday 2/27 @ 8pm and drove to Buffalo. We stopped off at Walmart since the US one has some things we don’t. I made sure to get the girls these

425935_10151359698705131_849790130_23128832_742337908_n.jpg

Then we headed off to the Days Inn across from the airport where they would be nice enough to keep our car while we were gone. We checked in and updated our facebook then went to sleep so we could get up early

On 2/28 we got up at 3:45am. Breakfast started at 4am and we wanted to grab a bite before our flight. We made our way to the airport at 4:30 and checked in.

We headed through security where my friends told the TSA they left their ears at home after I went through wearing my Minnie ears (Geez people we are going to Disney get in the spirit!!!)

We boarded shortly before 6am and the flight was only half full so we spread out and relaxed

We arrived at MCO around 8:30am (a little early) and grabbed our bags and headed off to the ME area. Now I had changed our resort and not told the girls so I stopped at the counter to get new tickets to get us to the right resort

We were put on a bus right away and the driver told everyone where we were going. The girls looked at me like I was going to get them lost and I told them I changed us from Music to Wilderness Lodge! They were pretty excited!

Finally got to sit in the front and get this pic!

112_1817.jpg

112_1820.jpg

112_1823.jpg

We arrived at the WL at 9:30 and as we walked towards the front door a CM came up to me and said are you the Ashton party? I was stunned, how did she know that?

She took us to the front desk and we checked in and our room was ready!!!

112_1831.jpg

112_1832.jpg

112_1845.jpg

112_1841.jpg

112_1873.jpg

112_1838.jpg

We got room 4097 which is right above the Check in Desk. We didn’t have a great view off our balcony but it was a convenient location for us so we were happy. We check out the room and changed our clothes then decided we needed some retail therapy (4 women on a trip with no men or kids, what else would we need) so we headed to DTD.

Con't in next post

We got a new driver that was being trained and needless to say he was VERY slow. It took us over and hour to get there :sad2:

We hit

• Days of Christmas
• Mickey’s Pantry
• TrenD
• World of Disney
• Art of Disney
• Little Miss Mismatched
• Lego Store
• Once Upon a Toy
• Goofy’s Candy Co.

I know I spent a lot of $$$ in WoD especially since I got Emma the Monorail
While in WoD, ShaeLee and I had been facebooking eachother our locations and we finally met up. It was really nice to see her and her family! I was surprised they were able to walk after they all ran the Princess Half Marathon on the weekend…. Way to go guys!!!!

112_1888.jpg

112_1889.jpg

112_1875.jpg

112_1877.jpg

After all that shopping we decided to head back to the hotel so we could change before we made our way to dinner. We got to the bus stop and asked the driver if the bus was going to WL since it still said DTD on it and she said yes so we hopped on. At Pleasure Island they changed drivers. Next thing we knew we were pulling into FW :confused: I asked the driver if it went to WL and he said no we had to get off and take an internal bus. Man was I mad… I had to make my reservations and I didn’t need this. Eventually the Yellow bus showed up and we took a tour of FW before heading back to WL…. Finally

We went up to the room and got changed and all put our new ears on for dinner. We stopped in the lobby to get a pic of all of us and then we were off to the Grand Floridian!

112_1894.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

I had booked 1900 Park Fare for dinner to celebrate Tracy’s and my Birthdays. The girls were all really happy with the food and we had a lot of fun with the characters.

112_1900.jpg

112_1910.jpg

112_1911.jpg

112_1912.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

I had ordered the Chocolate Slipper for Tracy for her birthday and they brought it out… it was gorgeous and I hear it tasted pretty good too!

112_1915.jpg

After dinner we headed back to the hotel and the girls did some stuff in the room and I headed down to the Hot Tub… I needed to relax my muscles for the next day!

After a nice long soak I made my way back to the room, got my park bag ready for the next day. I stopped at the front desk to ask what time the buses for MK would start the next day and they told me 5:30am. I asked really cause the park opens at 6 so you would think they would start earlier and all the guy said was sorry. I was not impressed so I figured we would just take a cab.

I went back to the room and went to bed

Con't in next post

I woke up the next morning shortly after 4am. I got all m y stuff ready and got dressed and headed downstairs. Cheryl went for a smoke and I headed to the bus stop to see if there was any sign of a bus. There were people there and they said the buses started at 4am…. Really (stupid guy at concierge:rolleyes1 )

I got the girls and we just missed a bus but got the next one.

We arrived at MK and it was fairly busy. We got in a line and shortly before 6 they let us through the gates. They also gave us One More Disney Day buttons

112_1921.jpg

112_1936.jpg

112_1937.jpg

Shortly after they did the opening show which I was hoping would be a special one but it was just the normal one they do.

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Then they let us in the park and everyone headed straight for the stores. We did run in and grab a T-shirt for the occasion

429746_10151359698080131_849790130_23128828_1077895129_n.jpg

We took some pics of the castle and I think it looked cool

112_1945.jpg

112_1949.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Con't in next post

Then we made our way to Fantasyland

We rode

• Peter Pan
• It’s a Small World
• Carousel
• Snow White
• Mickey’s Philharmagic
• Mad Tea Party

112_1951.jpg

112_1963.jpg

Then it was time for our breakfast reservation so we made our way to Crystal Palace. Tracy is a huge Winnie the Pooh fan (she even sleeps with one, don’t tell her I told you) so the minute I found out she was going with me I booked CP for breakfast! We had a blast here and Piglet was giving me lots of kisses :scared1: (I think the girls were jealous)

112_1972.jpg

112_1975.jpg

112_1979.jpg

112_1980.jpg

112_1984.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

Con't in next post

Next we decided to tackle the left side of the park so we started in Adventureland. First stop was the Treehouse. It was closed last time I was there so I was looking forward to it

112_1989.jpg

112_1993.jpg

The line was fairly long for Jungle Cruise but FP return was in half an hour so we grabbed out FP and headed over to POTC, which was walk on!

After POTC we still had about 20 min so we decided to go to the Tiki Room (which I had never seen) and the show was just starting. Now I kinda know why I have never seen it and if the kids don’t ask I probably won’t see it again

Then it was time for our Jungle Cruise. Tracy had never been on this and you could tell because she laughed really hard at all the corny jokes (I love the corny jokes too!)

112_2002.jpg

112_2006.jpg

Next it was off to Splash. There was a long wait and only 30 min FP again so we grabbed our FP

Next we needed a cruise around the river on a Riverboat and took some pics, especially of the construction on BTMRR

112_2012.jpg

112_2013.jpg

112_2014.jpg

112_2031.jpg

Now it was our FP time so we headed back to Splash. This was another ride Tracy had never been on and she was a little fearful of the drops so I played with her a little bit :lmao:

We were in the front row so when we did finally hit the big drop we were soaked. It was fun though.

Next was Haunted Mansion, which we all enjoyed and all made it out alive ;)

We stopped to visit Donald

6.jpg

Now it was getting close to parade time so we headed to the front of the park and we noticed that the line for Mickey was only 5 minutes so we went in there.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Then we grabbed a seat right outside the train station to watch the parade

112_2033.jpg

112_2036.jpg

Bert was so cute

112_2041.jpg

Con't in next post

After the parade we decided to head back to FantasyLand because we had missed the Pooh ride. I have always used FP on this ride so it was kind nice to go through the regular line and play with all the cool little toys

Then it was time for the castle show, which was a good time to sit and relax

112_2056.jpg

112_2060.jpg

112_2066.jpg

It was still a little early for our dinner reservation but we decided to check in anyway and what do you know we were seated right away!

Tracy and I got the Chicken sandwich and Sam got the burger. Cheryl asked for the Cheese steak without mushrooms and onions and when our food came it had them. When we finally found our waitress (who was never around) we told her and by the time she brought a new one everyone had been done eating for a while (the 1st one came out in less than 5 minutes) Then our waitress brought out our bill :eek: what you aren’t even going to ask us if we want dessert…. Rude! Needless to say she didn’t get a very big tip and we spoke to the manager about her. (I don’t do that often) She gave us a couple FP’s for any ride we wanted… bonus!

So then we deided to head off to TomorrowLand. Sam was dying to ride Stitch and I had never been on it so I was in. This was kinda neat and I just talked Emma into trying it on our next trip!!!!

We stopped for some pics

9.jpg

10.jpg

Next was Space Mountain (since we had FP’s) When we got off we decided we needed to ride again!!!!! After the second ride we came out and it was really dark (man that was fast) so I looked at the time and realized it was after 7 so we headed to the castle.

We found a spot in the hub and claimed our space. I have never seen Magic, Memories and You or watched Wishes from this area but it was kinda nice. No one stood so we actually lay on the ground with our bags under our heads and relaxed. MM&Y was a great show and I am sad I didn’t see it on our last trip and won’t miss it again. Wishes was of course as beautiful as ever!!!

112_2070.jpg

112_2071.jpg

112_2091.jpg

112_2113.jpg

112_2120.jpg

112_2124.jpg

Con't in next post

Now the girls all had reasons they needed to run back to the hotel, but I was not leaving so they left and I went to Liberty Square to see Hall of Presidents (new for me and I thought it was good, don’t know if I would do it every trip)

Then over to frontierland to see the Country Bears (another new one, might take the kids to see it but not every trip)

I was going to do Magic Carpets as well but it had a really long line so I grabbed a drink and went and sat on the Tomorrowland bridge and watched MSEP go by.

The girls came back by then and we went back to TomorrowLand. We rode Buzz (Sam killed us all) then we went to Laugh Floor (That Guy looked exactly like my new priest, it was weird)

Now it was almost Midnight and we headed to Main St to see MSEP.

I could tell the girls were ready to go and I kinda felt bad keeping them there so I said we could leave if they wanted. We did some more shopping on Main St. I saw that Mickey and Minnie were in their PJ’s but the line was an hour long and we were not ready for that (I may have fallen asleep)
We did grab a couple pics before leaving

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

It was 1am so we grabbed our stuff from the locker and headed to our boat. This was nice having a boat to go to!

When we got back to the room I was already in my jammies so I went straight to bed

We got to MK at 5:15am and left just after 1am so about 20 hours, I think we did pretty good!!!

Con't in next post

3/1 - I woke up at 7am and went down to Roaring Fork and got some pancakes and a Tea. Cheryl went with me but the girls were still sleeping. After breakfast we decided to go for a swim. There were ducks swimming in the water with us :lmao:

After swimming a bit we went and sat in the Hot Tub for a bit which was a nice way to relax our muscles after walking a lot the day before.

Then I went up to the room and all the other girls got up and we all packed up our bags. Then we went back down to Roaring Fork where I got another tea and rice krispie treats to take home and they got breakfast.

Then we grabbed our bags, checked out and headed for the Magical Depression bus :sad1:

Stopped at the Disney store at the Airport and since we didn’t see Goofy this trip I stopped to give him a smooch before we left

112_2159.jpg

It was a good trip and was definitely worth it!

Great Joke we heard on IASW. What did the Buffalo say to his son on the 1st day of school?

Bison (bye son)

112_2151.jpg

Sounds like you had a great time! Love that you ordered the Cinderella Slipper dessert at 1900 Park Fare - that things is to die for lol :rotfl2:

What a fun 20 hour Disney Day. So cool, I'm so jealous. Looks like you ladies had a fabulous time:goodvibes

Thanks for sharing. I love it. Looks like a girls gone wild few days. LOL
I was following you on facebook too. Of course I was jealous too!!!

Thanks for sharing. I love it. Looks like a girls gone wild few days. LOL
I was following you on facebook too. Of course I was jealous too!!!

Thanks it was so nice to finally have an adult trip to Disney and to spend 20 hours in MK was like a dream!!!!

Natalie thinks for sharing your mini TR that is so awesome I loved all of it and am so jealous too :thumbsup2

What a great time you all had, good food, characters, shopping, and all the park fun...plus getting the pin and shirt for the event :goodvibes

Man if they do this again in 4 years I am so there :cool1:

What a great trip! Thanks for the mini tr. I would have LOVED to have went but it wasn't in the cards this year. Maybe next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter