Our First Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Live Report

DaveinFallsChurch

DIS Veteran
Here's my first attempt at a live report for our trip which begins tomorrow! (Well, actually sort of starts tonight as we will be heading to check in at a hotel near the airport we're flying out of)

I'll do my best to put frequent updates on here! Also, as we will be touring Epcot on the 16th, and MK on the 17th, I hope to give you some live updates on the state of Test Track and Rapunzel's new meeting place and time.

My PTR link is in my signature if you would like to see what our general itinerary will be.

Disney, here we come!!

Yay!!!! Hope you have a GREAT time! Can't wait to hear how it all is - we'll be coming in as you're leaving! :goodvibes

I'm in!!! We are having our first Poly stay in July, so I am eager to read your thoughts!!!!

Just got SOAKED by Shamu! DD loved it. Had ponchos on but did nothing to protect the seat of my pants!

Turtle Trek still not open -was hoping for a soft opening but guess not.

Moderate crowds. Cloudy but perfect temp in the high 70s.

Kind of hard to do a goodlive reprt when the boards and servers ae down! ;)

Checked in at the Polynesian at 7am this morning while family ate breakfast at Buena Vista Suites. Our room was ready!! We're at the Tahiti longhouse. Poly is absolutely gorgeous!

Now at DHS!

I'm in !

We ate actually over at the CBR right now but leaving to go home at 6pm today. Hope your trip was as wonderful as ours was !!

Having a great day at DHS! Just got some milkshakes from 50 's PrimeTime and enjoying the breeze.

Will give more details when I get back to our room.

Had a wonderful day.*

When I checked into Poly today the bellman that helped me with our luggage was the same person in the Youtube Disney video by Bosox. When I told him where I recognized him from, he laughed and said that he's been getting a lot of that lately and that he thought the video was very well done!

I still can't believe our room was ready at 7 am.

Arrived at DHS gates around 8:30am and there were about 20 people ahead of us in the line we picked. They opened up the turnstiles at 8:51am, we were at TSM standby line by 8:58, and were done with the ride at 9:12. It was the first time for all of us that we tried TSM and we LOVED it! We pulled FPs as soon as we came back with a return time of 10 - 11 am. Loved it the second time although I think my arm was about to fall off afterwards lol

Was able to get everything done in my touring plans and my time guesstimates were pretty much right on!*

Loved every attraction and show! Weather was perfect!*

We got Ohana for dinner in 30 minutes and then after the rest of the family goes to bed, I'm headed out to MK for some late night touring!

Kind of hard to do a goodlive reprt when the boards and servers ae down! ;)

Checked in at the Polynesian at 7am this morning while family ate breakfast at Buena Vista Suites. Our room was ready!! We're at the Tahiti longhouse. Poly is absolutely gorgeous!

Now at DHS!

That's great it was ready for you at 7am! Just out of curiosity - did you do the online check-in or wait until you got there? Also, had you requested Tahiti specifically?

Had a wonderful day.*

When I checked into Poly today the bellman that helped me with our luggage was the same person in the Youtube Disney video by Bosox. When I told him where I recognized him from, he laughed and said that he's been getting a lot of that lately and that he thought the video was very well done!

I still can't believe our room was ready at 7 am.

Arrived at DHS gates around 8:30am and there were about 20 people ahead of us in the line we picked. They opened up the turnstiles at 8:51am, we were at TSM standby line by 8:58, and were done with the ride at 9:12. It was the first time for all of us that we tried TSM and we LOVED it! We pulled FPs as soon as we came back with a return time of 10 - 11 am. Loved it the second time although I think my arm was about to fall off afterwards lol

Was able to get everything done in my touring plans and my time guesstimates were pretty much right on!*

Loved every attraction and show! Weather was perfect!*

We got Ohana for dinner in 30 minutes and then after the rest of the family goes to bed, I'm headed out to MK for some late night touring!

Glad to hear you are having a wonderful trip so far!!!

How would you rate your room condition at the Poly?? I think that's my biggest fear about having our first stay there, with all of the reports of the rooms being "run down"....with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, how would you rate your room and why?? TIA.:blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter