Our First Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Live Report

Great live report Dave. It was great to meet you while at the Poly! It has been such a pleasure sharing in the trip planning with you for the last few months.

I can't wait to go back to DW with my whole family next time!!!

loved following along, and being there too!!! Wish I had said hi when we spotted you ! It stinks being home :(

Tell me about it. I've been home for only 14 hours and I'm feeling depressed. :rotfl:

I'm sorry I didn't get to say hi to you either! I didn't really put 2 and 2 together until I saw your boys join you at the table. Hope our paths cross again soon and I'll make sure to say hi then.

And, we will be definitely staying at AKL next time. Loved what we saw when we visited the lodge.

I'm so glad you had a great trip, Dave and Charity!! I ended up not having computer access while I was there! It was a great time with my family but I kept wanting to check in and see how y'all were doing, lol!

meant to ask ~ what building did you end up in? We were on the first floor of Tokelau, on the corner, we had a wonderful view!! I really loved how big the room was and it didn't seem dark to me at all.

meant to ask ~ what building did you end up in? We were on the first floor of Tokelau, on the corner, we had a wonderful view!! I really loved how big the room was and it didn't seem dark to me at all.

Charity and I both ended up in the Tahiti Longhouse. Totally random that we landed in the same building!

Were you on the beach side corner room?

we were ~ it was really nice!!

Funny that you and Charity ended up in the same longhouse!! Can't believe our trips are already over. I'm not sure when our next trip will be, but I know it won't be soon enough!

we were ~ it was really nice!!

Funny that you and Charity ended up in the same longhouse!! Can't believe our trips are already over. I'm not sure when our next trip will be, but I know it won't be soon enough!

I note from your signature that you've done WL before too. How would you compare the Poly and WL?

I note from your signature that you've done WL before too. How would you compare the Poly and WL?

I LOVED WL...loved that you went through the lobby every time you had to go to your room. The main downside is the room size is much smaller. I didn't find the Poly or WL dark, but maybe I just prefer that type of resort. When we visited the WL it was January, so we only used the pool one day; but I thought it was nice and my oldest DD loved the pool and slide at both places. I know many disagree, but to me a pool is a pool (as long as it has a slide the girls are happy)! Both had beautiful grounds with a beach; I wish Poly had a playground. The monorail is probably the biggest perk for Poly, IMO. We have 3 young girls (6, 3, 1) so it was very nice to just push the double stroller onto the monorail and not have to fold it up.

If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer as best I can!! I know you have been back and forth. I was too. We really saved for this trip and I was so worried I would be disappointed, but the Poly really was great! Worth every penny! Nice and VERY clean!

I've never stayed at Grand Floridian or Beach Club, but when we visited (for dinner ressies), I didn't like them that much. DH and I talked about it, and I think they are too much like where we typically vacation (summers at the gulf coast), so we preferred Poly and WL where the decor was different.

So Stevie - where would you go next time????? :)

I don't know!! Next time we go, my youngest will be over 3, so WL is out (unless we had a fabulous pin and could get club level, since they have rooms for 6). I loved Poly and would definitely go back ~ when I asked DH about it, he liked it a lot too, but his response was why would be go back to the same place, we should try somewhere new:confused3 So, no clue where we will stay next time! We have thought about the cabins and my oldest saw the pool at Old Key West (is that the sandcastle one?) and wants to stay there! I just didn't like how spread out they were ~ I mean, what happens when you just want to re-fill your mug? I definitely want to see how much it is to rent DVC points or maybe even AoA.

What about you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter