Our extra special trip with Papa (TR in progress)

What about going to the Blue Bayou for dessert?

Wednesday, again no plans or reservations set yet but I'm thinking about suprising dad with Blue Bayou. He has always wanted to eat there but wasn't impressed when I showed him the menu. Can't say I blame him. The MC is ok but when I had the chicken it was tasteless and dry. I miss going for the cookie boat.

we went on our trip (we had surf & turf and ribs) and our food was good and i wouldn't have missed it for the world. You can see a full review on my TR soon as tomorrrow I am starting the day that included Blue Bayou.

What about going to the Blue Bayou for dessert?

They just don't have many choices. :confused3 I miss the famous cookie boat. I guess we could all go and have a piece of chocolate cake?

I wish they offered more choices on their menu. It's not like it would scare people away or anything. The way they have it is just so unbelievably expensive and to me the food just wasn't great.

They just don't have many choices. :confused3 I miss the famous cookie boat. I guess we could all go and have a piece of chocolate cake?

I wish they offered more choices on their menu. It's not like it would scare people away or anything. The way they have it is just so unbelievably expensive and to me the food just wasn't great.

That was my thought. I mean it was okay but not great, and although I love sitting in there I figured I would rather just have the WoC dinner at Wine Country Trattoria.

That was my thought. I mean it was okay but not great, and although I love sitting in there I figured I would rather just have the WoC dinner at Wine Country Trattoria.

Oh yes, I love WCT. We had that our last trip for the first time and it was so delicous. I'll need to look at the menu again and see if there's anything my Dad would like. He's not into "foo foo" stuff. I can guarantee his favorite meal will probably be the BBQ behind BTMRR or Pilots in DCA. LOL WCT just makes my mouth melt lolpopcorn::

Oh yes, I love WCT. We had that our last trip for the first time and it was so delicous. I'll need to look at the menu again and see if there's anything my Dad would like. He's not into "foo foo" stuff. I can guarantee his favorite meal will probably be the BBQ behind BTMRR or Pilots in DCA. LOL WCT just makes my mouth melt lolpopcorn::

I have never eaten there. I am looking forward to doing a more grown up trip this year. Which is kind of silly going to a place that is kid related. I have taken a few dings because I am going on trip and leaving my kids home with their dad.

I miss going for the cookie boat. :guilty:

Friday is our last day and thank goodness it's a late night!!! Hoping to try the BBQ behind BTMRR. mmm Mmmmm

The cookie boat? I have never heard of that desert. Was it on the Blue Bayou menu? Is it like a cookie cooked in a pan and topped with ice cream and stuff?

If so, you should try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Bake at the BBQ Roundup, which you were hoping to go to on your last day. It is chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a rustic skillet, topped with Dreyer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. It comes with hot fudge in a small pitcher. $8.99

We ordered the Cookie Bake for my DD's birthday last year. We were so full after the BBQ, but it was her birthday and she and her friend really wanted it. So we relented and didn't expect much. When this huge skillet with the most wonderful freshly baked cookie smell with lots of ice cream arrived, we were so stunned we all sat with our mouths open in amazement. No one moved for the longest time. Suddenly, someone picked up a spoon and took a bite. The spell was broken and we all started to dig in. We just couldn't believe how good it was. In the middle of enjoying this wonderful treat, I noticed the hot fudge which we haven't touched yet. I started to pour it over the cookie and ice cream, and we all started to laugh. How could we have missed the hot fudge! And just when we thought the desert couldn't get any better, there was the fudge, too. Oh, it was soooo good. I wished I could have taken a picture of it.

We asked a CM if we could just come in for desert only. They said, "Yes, but we never used to. We used to require the dinner, but there was such a demand for the Cookies Bake, we started to allow it, but we don't advertise it."

The cookie boat? I have never heard of that desert. Was it on the Blue Bayou menu? Is it like a cookie cooked in a pan and topped with ice cream and stuff?

If so, you should try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Bake at the BBQ Roundup, which you were hoping to go to on your last day. It is chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a rustic skillet, topped with Dreyer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. It comes with hot fudge in a small pitcher. $8.99

We ordered the Cookie Bake for my DD's birthday last year. We were so full after the BBQ, but it was her birthday and she and her friend really wanted it. So we relented and didn't expect much. When this huge skillet with the most wonderful freshly baked cookie smell with lots of ice cream arrived, we were so stunned we all sat with our mouths open in amazement. No one moved for the longest time. Suddenly, someone picked up a spoon and took a bite. The spell was broken and we all started to dig in. We just couldn't believe how good it was. In the middle of enjoying this wonderful treat, I noticed the hot fudge which we haven't touched yet. I started to pour it over the cookie and ice cream, and we all started to laugh. How could we have missed the hot fudge! And just when we thought the desert couldn't get any better, there was the fudge, too. Oh, it was soooo good. I wished I could have taken a picture of it.

We asked a CM if we could just come in for desert only. They said, "Yes, but we never used to. We used to require the dinner, but there was such a demand for the Cookies Bake, we started to allow it, but we don't advertise it."

The cookie bake sounds wonderful. I'll definitely have to give that a try. Sounds like enough to satisfy the 3 of us. Here is a picture of the cookie boat that you used to be able to get at BB. Even the flag is edible. Although it was really hard and not very tasty. It's still how Disney does things down to every last detail.

n1587249296_134309_4199140.jpg

I have never eaten there. I am looking forward to doing a more grown up trip this year. Which is kind of silly going to a place that is kid related. I have taken a few dings because I am going on trip and leaving my kids home with their dad.

Ive never done a grown up trip either, although I dream of them sometimes. I wonder though if I'd feel guilty once I got there. It does sound really nice though to be able to only have to buy one Gibson Girl ice cream cone and one churro at a time. LOL

Ive never done a grown up trip either, although I dream of them sometimes. I wonder though if I'd feel guilty once I got there. It does sound really nice though to be able to only have to buy one Gibson Girl ice cream cone and one churro at a time. LOL

I agree with you! But going to DL as a parent, compared to DL as a kid.. SOOOO much better!! I did go to Six Flags for a Halloween party that AP holders were invited to without DD with a couple of my friends, and I only felt slightly guilty. But it was only for one day. I don't think I could have gone longer and not felt guilty. lol

My kids are 14-17, who have school and are fine to stay home with DH. It was his idea that I go with my best friend. I will probably feel guilty, but yes it will be nice paying for one of things.

I agree with you! But going to DL as a parent, compared to DL as a kid.. SOOOO much better!! I did go to Six Flags for a Halloween party that AP holders were invited to without DD with a couple of my friends, and I only felt slightly guilty. But it was only for one day. I don't think I could have gone longer and not felt guilty. lol

When my kids were younger I didn't even go to the movies or out to lunch with my friends. I constantly felt guilty if I did anything for me. With the oldest turning 18 in less than two months I think they will be fine without me.

The cookie bake sounds wonderful. I'll definitely have to give that a try. Sounds like enough to satisfy the 3 of us. Here is a picture of the cookie boat that you used to be able to get at BB. Even the flag is edible. Although it was really hard and not very tasty. It's still how Disney does things down to every last detail.

n1587249296_134309_4199140.jpg

That looks so yummy! It is too bad the cookie boat isn't in the menu. Treat items like this is what makes BB a special place to dine.

I used to have a group of mom friends that would go to DL for a day. We even bought the same sweatshirts and had "Mom's Day Out" embroidered on them. We always had a great time. When we felt guilty about leaving the kids at home, we would remind each other that the cost of a day trip to Disneyland was cheaper than therapy. :rotfl2: We stopped because life got too complicated, but I really miss those DL day trips.

My kids are 14-17, who have school and are fine to stay home with DH. It was his idea that I go with my best friend. I will probably feel guilty, but yes it will be nice paying for one of things.

There have been a few times I have taken a trip without the kids and left them home with DH. They call it "Camp Gregory" cuz he lets them stay up all night, watching movies and eat junk for breakfast. They actually like it when I leave for a few days. I am leaving for Tenn later this month, and I know they have some things cooked up. I don't want to know. The less I know the better!

I have guilt leaving anyone home when it comes to Disneyland. There isn't a person in my home that is a fanatic. But my homelife is complicated & my 4 youngest all coming from foster care & drug addicted mothers add things to my plate. Each child came with their own set of issues. I have been very housebound since the twins came into our lives 3 yrs ago. The last time I left the twins for a "break" was in March 09. It's time........ I will miss them all very much, but every mother deserves to take a little time for themselves & recharge the system.....otherwise you wear down to a point that you're not doing them or your own mental health any good.

So for those of us that are taking that much needed break.....call it a gift to ourselves......congrats on making that decision & enjoy every minute of it. Home, family & woes will be waiting upon our return....maybe a little more appreciative of what we actually do, day in & day out. (ok, I'll admit it.....I'm saying this to justify my trip & to convince myself that it really is ok to leave the kids home........heavy sigh.....I'm ready for it, but will feel very strange not having someone glued to my hip-lap-leg-hand for a week)

That is a wonderful dream. I get the feeling that even when my kids are 40 they will want to tag along too though.

When my kids were younger I didn't even go to the movies or out to lunch with my friends. I constantly felt guilty if I did anything for me. With the oldest turning 18 in less than two months I think they will be fine without me.

I know how that feels! Maybe when she is older I'll give it a try :)

I have guilt leaving anyone home when it comes to Disneyland. There isn't a person in my home that is a fanatic. But my homelife is complicated & my 4 youngest all coming from foster care & drug addicted mothers add things to my plate. Each child came with their own set of issues. I have been very housebound since the twins came into our lives 3 yrs ago. The last time I left the twins for a "break" was in March 09. It's time........ I will miss them all very much, but every mother deserves to take a little time for themselves & recharge the system.....otherwise you wear down to a point that you're not doing them or your own mental health any good.

So for those of us that are taking that much needed break.....call it a gift to ourselves......congrats on making that decision & enjoy every minute of it. Home, family & woes will be waiting upon our return....maybe a little more appreciative of what we actually do, day in & day out. (ok, I'll admit it.....I'm saying this to justify my trip & to convince myself that it really is ok to leave the kids home........heavy sigh.....I'm ready for it, but will feel very strange not having someone glued to my hip-lap-leg-hand for a week)

Well said Laurie. I have to say I'm jealous! As a single parent I don't really get that break. My break time is when I'm at work. I miss being able to have lunch with a girlfriend. Or even just go to the grocery store alone. Sounds heavenly. You ladies are going to feel so refreshed when you get home. :)

You deserve a break too......time to find a family member to give you that break.....it will be good for you & Ayden!! :hug:

You deserve a break too......time to find a family member to give you that break.....it will be good for you & Ayden!! :hug:

I came into work extra early this morning Laurie, does that count. :lmao:
Ayden has never had a babysitter. My parents sometimes pick him up from school when his dad flakes but again, that's only until I get off from work. My break is my drive over to pick him up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!